Miss Martian vs Starfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lional
1st battle: H2H
2nd battle: The opponents employ their powers and abilites everything goes.

Morals apply.

Both battles take place in NYC.

Konton
1. I'm iffy on that. Starfire is vastly superior in h2h, but Meggan's got a little more power in her punches. I'd lean toward Starfire as a don't think Meggan's so durable that she wouldn't be able to be harmed here.

2. Meggan every time. Telepathy!

MrMind
1st either way. neither of them are good fighters. I don't know who's stronger
2nd miss martian for sure. too many abilities

tideoftime
Originally posted by MrMind
1st either way. neither of them are good fighters. I don't know who's stronger
2nd miss martian for sure. too many abilities

WHAT!?

Are you INSANE?!

Starfire is one of the best H2H and melee weapons fighters in conventional DC! Where the hell have *you* been the past 30 years? Kory is right up there with Batman (though he has better finesse), Wonder Woman (as Kory usually edges Donna out, skill-wise, just like Diana), and was indicated as being one of the best pupils ever taught by the Warlords of Okaara (who, generally, are the definitive "go-to" when talking about melee/martial arts training).

Scenario 1: Kory, all day. MM doesn't have the fighting heart that Donna or Cassie does, let alone Kory, who's a martial beast with considerable superstrength and durability. It's debatable who is stronger, but Kory takes this at least 7-8/10, if not more.

Scenario 2: Now, *this* is more problematic for Kory... MM's abilities are more diverse than Kory's, and if she plays her cards right, the table should shift in her favor. Kory can/will still get wins, but I'd go with MM for at least the edge here, more if she finesses something telepathic that SF can't willpower her way through. MM: 6-7/10.

Q99
I'm pretty sure Megan's the stronger, but she does rely on stretchy, intangible, and so on a lot in HtH against tough foes.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
I'm pretty sure Megan's the stronger, but she does rely on stretchy, intangible, and so on a lot in HtH against tough foes.

Very true -- and I can agree about her being stronger, with Kory's fury/skill making up the relative difference from a H2H POV.

Per the descriptor provided by the OP, general power use doesn't seem to be included in the H2H scenario (as the second scenario directly mentions including powers); so I am assuming only skill, strength, speed, durability, etc, apply...

-Pr-
I don't believe Kori is Batman level for a second; that said, she's superior to M'Gann by a substantial amount that i can tell. I just worry that MM might be a bit too powerful for Kori.

tideoftime
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't believe Kori is Batman level for a second; that said, she's superior to M'Gann by a substantial amount that i can tell. I just worry that MM might be a bit too powerful for Kori.

A lot of people confuse/conflate Bruce's (and Dick's) greater expressed agility (and particularly Bruce's finesse - both in terms of applied skill, as well as intellect) with assertive martial skill: Kory most certainly is on Bruce's level, and has been since Pre-Crisis. Now, *he'll* win a pure H2H fight with her (assuming compensation for relative strength/durability) on most occasions, but that is again due to his better *finesse*, and better acrobatic skill, than actual superior technique in assertive MA skills. Same thing with WW, who has the edge in terms of defensive maneuvers over Kory. It's *very* easy to forget just how good Kory is because she's more often depicted in her "I'm a furious ***** blasting things apart/going supernova"- form (at least, in the minds of many in fandom). But seriously: she *is* one of the top-tier fighters in DC, and always has been (as supported by a number of images over in her Respect thread -- assuming nothing has dropped off. I've been following her directly since her first appearance in DC Presents #26, back in the day, and even when her skills started to slip a little -- which she'd on occasion note -- she'd sharpen back up again.)

-Pr-
Originally posted by tideoftime
A lot of people confuse/conflate Bruce's (and Dick's) greater expressed agility (and particularly Bruce's finesse - both in terms of applied skill, as well as intellect) with assertive martial skill: Kory most certainly is on Bruce's level, and has been since Pre-Crisis. Now, *he'll* win a pure H2H fight with her (assuming compensation for relative strength/durability) on most occasions, but that is again due to his better *finesse*, and better acrobatic skill, than actual superior technique in assertive MA skills. Same thing with WW, who has the edge in terms of defensive maneuvers over Kory. It's *very* easy to forget just how good Kory is because she's more often depicted in her "I'm a furious ***** blasting things apart/going supernova"- form (at least, in the minds of many in fandom). But seriously: she *is* one of the top-tier fighters in DC, and always has been (as supported by a number of images over in her Respect thread -- assuming nothing has dropped off. I've been following her directly since her first appearance in DC Presents #26, back in the day, and even when her skills started to slip a little -- which she'd on occasion note -- she'd sharpen back up again.)

I honestly don't agree.

and i was speaking about pure skill.

The Nuul
I remember Shatterstarfire where Kori was combined with Shatterstar.

laughing

tideoftime
Originally posted by The Nuul
I remember Shatterstarfire where Kori was combined with Shatterstar.

laughing

*giggle*

You're thilly... laughing out loud

The Nuul
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6611/435791shatterstarfirela.jpg

wink

-Pr-
somehow it works.

tideoftime
Originally posted by The Nuul
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6611/435791shatterstarfirela.jpg

wink

Why are you doing that to me?

What'd I ever do to you?

You're thilly... laughing

The Nuul
Shatterstar should improve her fighting skillz!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.