Maelstrom vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
No anomoly or Q bands maelstrom

vs.

The sentry.

CIS on.

The Nuul
Sentry beat a jobbing MM. He stomps ZOMG!

rotiart
Maelstrom was said by thanos with the ig to have powers on his scale.. (think it was like around issue quasar 25... I was rereading it two days ago)

Compared to sentry...

quanchi112
Originally posted by rotiart
Maelstrom was said by thanos with the ig to have powers on his scale.. (think it was like around issue quasar 25... I was rereading it two days ago)

Compared to sentry... This isn't the same maelstrom which had amassed far more power than what he is capable of in cosmos in collision.

When did Thanos state this anyways ?

Black bolt z

Compared to sentry... I think it was 24.

But the Q bands were a big amp.He doesn't have those here.

rotiart
Sorry completely missed the stips. When thanos said it maelsteom had already killed anomoly and augmented his powers with the q bands. He had also gained cosmic awareness from defeating eon and apparently learnes how o fully utilize all of his powers...

Black bolt z
Sorry completely missed the stips. When thanos said it maelsteom had already killed anomoly and augmented his powers with the q bands. He had also gained cosmic awareness from defeating eon and apparently learnes how o fully utilize all of his powers... Yeah.

Although he did kill anomoly with no amps.

rotiart
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Yeah.

Although he did kill anomoly with no amps.

Yeah he strangled an abstract anomoly to death... PIS in its finest form... Course if hercules punches out the chaos king that wont be any better...

Black bolt z
Yeah he strangled an abstract anomoly to death... PIS in its finest form... Course if hercules punches out the chaos king that wont be any better... Strangled?

quanchi112
Strangled? Do you know anything about Maelstrom ?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you know anything about Maelstrom ? Yes. But I don't know what he meant by strangled?

quanchi112
Yes. But I don't know what he meant by strangled? "Strangled" it's a very confusing word but don't worry I will put it on the list.

Black bolt z
"Strangled" it's a very confusing word but don't worry I will put it on the list. Maelstrom didn't literally strangle anomoly no expression

quanchi112
Maelstrom didn't literally strangle anomoly no expression laughing out loud I won't tell you either way I love it when you act like you know but really don't.

Black bolt z
laughing out loud I won't tell you either way I love it when you act like you know but really don't. What?

zopzop
I think he just strangled a M-body of Anomaly.

At the conclusion of Cosmos in Collision, when Death/Oblivion/Eternity/Infinity were arguing over a new contract or balance of power between them. Anomaly's name wasn't among the who'd live, who'd stay dead : Makkari, Maelstrom, Eon, etc..

Add to that, the fact that a few issues later Anomaly was seen alive and well and pissed that Quasar had invoked his power without his permission. This happened when Quasar and Maelstrom were battling in the black hole. How would Anomaly know about this if he were really dead (having been "strangled" by Maelstrom a few issues earlier)?

quanchi112
What? You have no idea and I won't tell you how Maelstrom killed the anomaly.

Black bolt z
You have no idea and I won't tell you how Maelstrom killed the anomaly. Except I know how he did it. He didn't strangle it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
I think he just strangled a M-body of Anomaly.

At the conclusion of Cosmos in Collision, when Death/Oblivion/Eternity/Infinity were arguing over a new contract or balance of power between them. Anomaly's name wasn't among the who'd live, who'd stay dead : Makkari, Maelstrom, Eon, etc..

Add to that, the fact that a few issues later Anomaly was seen alive and well and pissed that Quasar had invoked his power without his permission. This happened when Quasar and Maelstrom were battling in the black hole. How would Anomaly know about this if he were really dead (having been "strangled" by Maelstrom a few issues earlier)? Originally posted by rotiart
Yeah he strangled an abstract anomoly to death... PIS in its finest form... Course if hercules punches out the chaos king that wont be any better... Originally posted by Black bolt z
Except I know how he did it. He didn't strangle it. Him two others seem to think so. Here's your chance if he didn't strangle him how did he kill him ?

Prove them wrong. I know you can't answer the question but it's fun to watch you dodge.

Black bolt z
Him two others seem to think so. Here's your chance if he didn't strangle him how did he kill him ?

Prove them wrong. I know you can't answer the question but it's fun to watch you dodge. But either he grew or he shrunk anomoly. I don't know where they got strangled.

Except I didn't dodge. Your the one that does that.

quanchi112
But either he grew or he shrunk anomoly. I don't know where they got strangled.

Except I didn't dodge. Your the one that does that. You haven't a clue.

I'd post scans but I like you not knowing.

Black bolt z
You haven't a clue.

I'd post scans but I like you not knowing. So once again you bash, dodge, and ignore. The somehow say something completely out of context to make it seem like your right.

quanchi112
So once again you bash, dodge, and ignore. The somehow say something completely out of context to make it seem like your right. I am not bashing I am stating a fact. You don't know how Maesltrom killed the anomaly.

rotiart
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/th_Quasar-20-03.jpg

Quasar issue 20

Black bolt z
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/th_Quasar-20-03.jpg

Quasar issue 20 Its the last panel that makes me think he didn't strangle him. SInce when do you strangle someone to death in one panel.

Don Corleone

Compared to sentry...

# 26 .

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7470/quasar02608.jpg

Stoic
I'm still trying to understand how the f@%k it's possible to amass 14205 posts in under one year. I think that's more baffling than strangling an Abstract.

rotiart
Quantity of conversation does not equal quality.

Who are you talkong about btw?

Colossus-Big C
Maelstrom didn't literally strangle anomoly no expression yes he did kinda

Colossus-Big C
Yeah he strangled an abstract anomoly to death... PIS in its finest form... Course if hercules punches out the chaos king that wont be any better... in maelstroms case, he was backed by another abstract

Stoic
Quantity of conversation does not equal quality.

Who are you talkong about btw?

I won't tell you, but he is on this very page.

rotiart
At the time he wasnt backed by oblivion yet i think. Ill have to recheck the issues but iirc he was spared by deathurge/oblivion (not backed)
I know the followin are events thatbhappened but i need to go home and reread the isselues to remember the order
Maelsteom floated in space... Met chronus... Then met anomoly...killed anomoly
Met oblivion and asked for his help in destroying the unuverse into one point. Oblivion told him to seek out cosmic awareness ie eon
Went back to earth... Killed quasar
Amped his own powers with those of the quantam bands
Went and killed eon. Gained cosmic awareness and attempted to destroy the universe.
Quasar battles maelstrom and defeats him through the help of "origin" having changed his costumes history and thus his own...

I think this is the order of events but likeni said after work ill try to confirm

Black bolt z
At the time he wasnt backed by oblivion yet i think. Ill have to recheck the issues but iirc he was spared by deathurge/oblivion (not backed)
I know the followin are events thatbhappened but i need to go home and reread the isselues to remember the order
Maelsteom floated in space... Met chronus... Then met anomoly...killed anomoly
Met oblivion and asked for his help in destroying the unuverse into one point. Oblivion told him to seek out cosmic awareness ie eon
Went back to earth... Killed quasar
Amped his own powers with those of the quantam bands
Went and killed eon. Gained cosmic awareness and attempted to destroy the universe.
Quasar battles maelstrom and defeats him through the help of "origin" having changed his costumes history and thus his own...

I think this is the order of events but likeni said after work ill try to confirm This is exactly how it happened.

Except Quasar killed Eon not Mael.

rotiart
True quasar actually gained cosmic awareness as well as maelstrom and wendell was the person who actually killed eon... nd we find out eon had been reanimating the body of his father for weeks.

Colossus-Big C
then he went up to thanos with the IG and talked shit to him and thanos was unable to phase him.

did thanos defeat oblivion or infinity with the IG?

rotiart
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
then he went up to thanos with the IG and talked shit to him and thanos was unable to phase him.

did thanos defeat oblivion or infinity with the IG?

Yep and thanos thought maelstrom was a credible threat... Thanos defeated eternity and took his position in the cosmic hierarchy. Course then nebula grabbed the ig and easily reversed it.

Colossus-Big C
Yep and thanos thought maelstrom was a credible threat... Thanos defeated eternity and took his position in the cosmic hierarchy. Course then nebula grabbed the ig and easily reversed it. didnt ask about eternity

rotiart
Seems like while cosmos in collisiom was concerned with oblivion and infinity the infinity gauntlet saga was concerned with eternity and lady death. No thanos did not engage oblivion or infinity directly though its interesting to consider hos closely linked those entities are.

quanchi112
Its the last panel that makes me think he didn't strangle him. SInce when do you strangle someone to death in one panel. laughing out loud laughing out loud Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
yes he did kinda Even scans that make it clear that's exactly what he did. Just one picture making it clear what happened baffle the likes of bb. Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

did thanos defeat oblivion or infinity with the IG? One blast doesn't equal unable to phase him at his best it means the blast he used at the time was unable to phase him is all.

zopzop
Eternity is basically : Eternity/Infinity. They've appeared linked more than a few times now. Makes sense seeing as how space (Infinity) can't exist without time (Eternity).

Death and Oblivion haven't really been seen linked like that. Ever.

Colossus-Big C
Eternity is basically : Eternity/Infinity. They've appeared linked more than a few times now. Makes sense seeing as how space (Infinity) can't exist without time (Eternity).

Death and Oblivion haven't really been seen linked like that. Ever. one time oblivion consumed the elders of the universe because death couldnt kill them

quanchi112
one time oblivion consumed the elders of the universe because death couldnt kill them Eternity is greater than Oblivion.

zopzop
one time oblivion consumed the elders of the universe because death couldnt kill them

When did this happen?

zopzop
Eternity is greater than Oblivion.

Uhm no. What proof do you have of this statement?

quanchi112
Uhm no. What proof do you have of this statement? Adam Warlock's run issue one along with the ig saga which stated eternity is the greatest abstract in the 616 reality.

Colossus-Big C
When did this happen? rotrait should know the issue number

Colossus-Big C
Adam Warlock's run issue one along with the ig saga which stated eternity is the greatest abstract in the 616 reality. yet they stalemated...

quanchi112
yet they stalemated... Who stalemated ?

Colossus-Big C
Who stalemated ? Eternity/Infinity Vs Oblivion/Death

quanchi112
Eternity/Infinity Vs Oblivion/Death Eternity didn't stalemate anyone and Infinity's avatar won.

Colossus-Big C
Eternity didn't stalemate anyone and Infinity's avatar won. infinity avatar won because of eon

also at the end of the fight eternity emerged from within infinity

quanchi112
infinity avatar won because of eon

also at the end of the fight eternity emerged from within infinity Qusar won because mentally he created a seed of doubt in Maelstrom showing him to be weak.

So by this logic you feel any Oblivion feat and or loss by death is the same for Oblivion and vice verse here ?

Colossus-Big C
Qusar won because mentally he created a seed of doubt in Maelstrom showing him to be weak.

So by this logic you feel any Oblivion feat and or loss by death is the same for Oblivion and vice verse here ? NO.

all i said is

1. after they fought eternity emerged from within infinity, death emerged from within oblivion and they all made a contract with oblivion
2. oblivion killed the elders who death couldnt

thats all i said

quanchi112
NO.

all i said is

1. after they fought eternity emerged from within infinity, death emerged from within oblivion and they all made a contract with oblivion
2. oblivion killed the elders who death couldnt

thats all i said Infinity's side won through an avatar and death was already compared in a ig comic as being less than Eternity.

Eternity is the greatest save the ig or Lt on average.

Colossus-Big C
Infinity's side won through an avatar and death was already compared in a ig comic as being less than Eternity.

Eternity is the greatest save the ig or Lt on average. k

quanchi112
k Glad you agree.

Black bolt z
laughing out loud laughing out loud Even scans that make it clear that's exactly what he did. Just one picture making it clear what happened baffle the likes of bb. One blast doesn't equal unable to phase him at his best it means the blast he used at the time was unable to phase him is all. SHow someone being strangled to death in one panel.

Baffles me? Your the one being baffled.

This is true. ANd maelstrom couldn't even defeat oblivion to overtake his place. He wasn't on IG level.Originally posted by zopzop

Death and Oblivion haven't really been seen linked like that. Ever. A the very end panel eternity answered infinities call just like death answered oblivions.

They have the same relationship with each other.And they all have the exact same power.

Black bolt z
Eternity is greater than Oblivion. No hes not.Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
one time oblivion consumed the elders of the universe because death couldnt kill them laughing out loud

Death is the reason they can't die. If death wanted they would all be dead already.Originally posted by quanchi112
Adam Warlock's run issue one along with the ig saga which stated eternity is the greatest abstract in the 616 reality. It never stated this.Originally posted by quanchi112
Eternity didn't stalemate anyone and Infinity's avatar won. Eternity/Death/infinity/Oblivion are all equals.Originally posted by quanchi112
Infinity's side won through an avatar and death was already compared in a ig comic as being less than Eternity.

Eternity is the greatest save the ig or Lt on average. No he's not.Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
k Wow...even Big-C is done with you.

zopzop
This is true. ANd maelstrom couldn't even defeat oblivion to overtake his place. He wasn't on IG level. A the very end panel eternity answered infinities call just like death answered oblivions.

But what does that prove?

Yeah I can agree with this. If you mean they all have the exact same general level of power.

quanchi112
No hes not. laughing out loud

Death is the reason they can't die. If death wanted they would all be dead already. It never stated this. Eternity/Death/infinity/Oblivion are all equals. No he's not. Wow...even Big-C is done with you. Yes, he was the greatest abstract out of 616 which includes Oblivion.

Yes, it did but don't worry I won't post you any scans you'd never figure out what those tricky words meant anyways.

If that were the case then why was eternity the greatest force Thanos beat with the ig and why did he easily beat death along with the rest who confronted him ?

LOL.

K, means he agrees.

Black bolt z
But what does that prove?

Yeah I can agree with this. If you mean they all have the exact same general level of power. He wasn't on IG level.

Yeah. They all have the exact same "power level". Thats why they can't defeat their opposite. Exact same power.

zopzop
He wasn't on IG level.

He giggled in Thanos face when blasted with the IG. Thanos even said he was a rival in power.

Ok yes, then I agree with this statement 100%.

quanchi112
He giggled in Thanos face when blasted with the IG. Thanos even said he was a rival in power.

Ok yes, then I agree with this statement 100%. When did Thanos state this ?

Black bolt z
When did Thanos state this ? Yeah i was wondering this too. Thanos didn't even know Mael erm

zopzop
Yeah i was wondering this too. Thanos didn't even know Mael erm

Another poster in this very thread provided the link.

Black bolt z

Another poster in this very thread provided the link. Two things:

1: Kronos created Drax, not Eon

2: He said might.

quanchi112

Another poster in this very thread provided the link. Key word is might.

zopzop
Key word is might.

Yeah but in Maelstrom's handbook entry it confirmed it. In the Quasar arc "Wandering the World's of the What If", an alternate reality version of Thanos with the IG was going toe to toe with Anomaly Maelstrom. Neither side was gaining the upper hand.

Between tanking the IG blast and operating under Thanos with the IG's perception, Thanos' own statement, the Handbook entry, and the alternate reality version of themselves throwing down, it all adds up in favor of Maelstrom being the equal to Thanos with the IG.

quanchi112
Yeah but in Maelstrom's handbook entry it confirmed it. In the Quasar arc "Wandering the World's of the What If", an alternate reality version of Thanos with the IG was going toe to toe with Anomaly Maelstrom. Neither side was gaining the upper hand.

Between tanking the IG blast and operating under Thanos with the IG's perception, Thanos' own statement, the Handbook entry, and the alternate reality version of themselves throwing down, it all adds up in favor of Maelstrom being the equal to Thanos with the IG. We've seen far less on panel kill Maelstrom aka black hole Thanos ca easily unmake due to the ig and his concentration was broken and he was defeated.

Thanos blasted plenty of beings that weren't defeated and never killed an abstract on panel. Thanos could have imprisoned him just as he did Eternity.

You're completely wrong and I just proved it.

rotiart
one time oblivion consumed the elders of the universe because death couldnt kill them

U know i swear i read the same thing but now i cant find a single issue verifying it. The closest thing i have to that is that deathurge can claim people for death and others like mr immortal also...

Black bolt z
Can we get back to the actual topic?

rotiart
... Maelstrom wins against sentry

Colossus-Big C
is this maelstrom, the small guy
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18474/352949-15219-oblivion.jpg

Colossus-Big C

Death and Oblivion haven't really been seen linked like that. Ever. found the scan
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/o12.jpg

rotiart
Iirc doorman is one of the great lakes champions avgers or whatever... On the same team
As squirrel girl And mr immortal

King Kandy
Maelstrom didn't have those upgrades when he killed Anomaly... obviously even without them he is above Sentry.

Black bolt z
is this maelstrom, the small guy
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18474/352949-15219-oblivion.jpg He says its doorman. Not Mael.

Horrificus
Strangled? I think that was meant as one of those, "Mortal eyes perceived the battle as Maelstrom strangling Anomaly" kind of thing. Who knows what was really happening.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.