Justice League vs Infinite Watch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
All six infinte gem holders Soul-Warlock, Power-Drax, Mind-Moon Dragon, Space-Pip, Time-Gamora, and Reality-Thanos vs any Justice league roster.

Black bolt z
Watch win. Especially with thanos.

Q99
JLA wins. Classic Ion Kyle was on the JLA during his entire super-powered tenure smile

More seriously, I'm trying to think of the strongest more conventional lineup. Morrison JLA at it's height was pretty strong. Supes, WW, MM, Wally-Flash at his best, Kyle, Orion, Barda, Zauriel, Steel, Plas, Aquaman, Batman in his godbat stage. 7 Herald levelers plus a good share of strong metas. Though with Thanos on the IW even that might not be enough. At the very least everyone but Thanos goes down.

Justice League international's starting lineup: Dr. Fate back when he was a Lord of Order and all that entailed, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardner, Dr. Light/Kimiyo, Booster Gold. Hm, maybe not, but with Fate they have someone who can do reasonable well against Thanos.

JL 1 Million could, but they're technically "Justice Legion Alpha," not a Justice League.

psycho gundam
warlock: "give me your gems."

rest of the watch (minus thanos): "k."

biscuits

MrMind
yeah, original ion could defeat ig, so no worries on 6 gems get together
plus JLA got lots of big guns, like phantom stranger or dr fate was once in JLA too
so JLA for the stomp

Mindset
Phantom Stranger is a big gun?

Q99
Yes, fairly much so. He doesn't use his powers often, but he can't be killed (even when the Spectre was killing every mystic power of note, he was on the hit list but couldn't be killed, merely transformed), and he's a figure of high mystic importance. I think he's possibly comparable to a Lord of Magic.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
warlock: "give me your gems."

rest of the watch (minus thanos): "k."

biscuits

*Kyle-Ion holds up the gems* "You mean these gems?"

Classic Ion is such hax smile

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, fairly much so. He doesn't use his powers often, but he can't be killed (even when the Spectre was killing every mystic power of note, he was on the hit list but couldn't be killed, merely transformed), and he's a figure of high mystic importance. I think he's possibly comparable to a Lord of Magic.

*Kyle-Ion holds up the gems* "You mean these gems?"

Classic Ion is such hax smile The correct answer was no.

Spectre couldn't kill PS because he was too important, that doesn't mean he's powerful.

Q99
Originally posted by Mindset
The correct answer was no.

Spectre couldn't kill PS because he was too important, that doesn't mean he's powerful.

Spectre couldn't kill PS because that's part of Phantom Stranger's whole thing, and he needed to remove the Stranger as opposition but could not do so even if he wanted to and had the Spectre at his mercy. One of his origins pegs him as a major fallen angel, another pegs him as a survivor of a previous universe akin to galactus, yet another puts him as the first person to wield magic.

When the Shadowpact characters went to the magic bar where everyone was hiding, some of the crowd talk about how the Phantom Stranger should be one of the ones to oppose a mad Spectre (along with names like Dr. Fate).

He's not as big a gun as the Spectre of course, but he rubs shoulders with Fate often and has some fairly significant (though often hidden) power.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Spectre couldn't kill PS because that's part of Phantom Stranger's whole thing, and he needed to remove the Stranger as opposition but could not do so even if he wanted to and had the Spectre at his mercy. One of his origins pegs him as a major fallen angel, another pegs him as a survivor of a previous universe akin to galactus, yet another puts him as the first person to wield magic.

When the Shadowpact characters went to the magic bar where everyone was hiding, some of the crowd talk about how the Phantom Stranger should be one of the ones to oppose a mad Spectre (along with names like Dr. Fate).

He's not as big a gun as the Spectre of course, but he rubs shoulders with Fate often and has some fairly significant (though often hidden) power. He's not a big gun, simple as that.

We are talking about level of power here, one that PS doesn't have. But you think Fate is a big gun, so.

Q99
If you don't consider a Lord of Magic a 'big gun,' I think we're using the term differently.

Heck, I'm pretty sure they directly call Stranger and Fate big guns of DC's magic world in-comic.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
If you don't consider a Lord of Magic a 'big gun,' I think we're using the term differently.

Heck, I'm pretty sure they directly call Stranger and Fate big guns of DC's magic world in-comic. Big guns have feats of more than being koed by a karate chop.

quanchi112
Team Thanos wins.

Q99
Big guns have feats of more than being koed by a karate chop.

Yea, both Dr. Fate and Phantom Stranger have done a lot of impressive stuff in the day.

I'm honestly not sure what point you're trying to make.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, both Dr. Fate and Phantom Stranger have done a lot of impressive stuff in the day.

I'm honestly not sure what point you're trying to make. That PS isn't a "big gun", I'd think that should have been blatantly obvious.

What impressive things has PS done?

Warlord
Ion is leagues only chance.
There's no roster that can take the gem weilders unless fanboys try too hard

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Team Thanos wins. laughing out loud

We all know Adam is team leader.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Watch win. Especially with thanos. IW stomps even without Thanos!

Desaad
That PS isn't a "big gun", I'd think that should have been blatantly obvious.

What impressive things has PS done?

He's always treated as a cosmically important big gun, essentially unassailable by anyone but the Spectre or above.

Like, say, Eternity in the MU, who has never really done anything of note.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Desaad
He's always treated as a cosmically important big gun, essentially unassailable by anyone but the Spectre or above.

Like, say, Eternity in the MU, who has never really done anything of note. LOL at comparing the Ps to Eternity.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
LOL at comparing the Ps to Eternity. Pretty much

Q99
Ok, yea, he's no-where near Eternity level. He's a big gun in DC Earth's magic circles, not universal scale.

He's more like a Watcher, though using somewhat more intervention than Uatu. He's allowed to intervene indirectly often, though circumstances where he can bust out direct power are rare.

That PS isn't a "big gun", I'd think that should have been blatantly obvious.

But what do you *mean* by not-a-big-gun? He's one of the stronger magic beings on the planet and actually called a big gun of the magic world. If he and Dr. Fate actually threw down I'm not sure who'd win though he would without a doubt walk away.

What precisely is a big gun to you if it's not that?

Let's see, made number one on Spectre's hit list, and when they were fighting, which was an actual fight so add 'able to stand up to the enraged Spectre at least for a time' to the list, he commented that Spectre *cannot* kill him no matter how hard he tries, to which the Spectre replied it may become possible if the magic level of the universe was decreased.

He can travel through time too, which is nice. Broke Deadman free of the Black Lantern without much effort on his part. A lot of indirect stuff, he can go anywhere but heaven, no place is barred to him and no truth can remain hidden from him, it's only in rare cases like the Spectre that he busts out the magic bolts.

Desaad
Pretty much

LOL at not understanding basic english.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Phantom Stranger's a big gun? Why? His done shit all as far as I know. He just stands around trying to look cool while speaking riddles.

And no, being turned into a rat by Spectre, does not impress me.

Mindset
Originally posted by Desaad
LOL at not understanding basic english. Oh, I understood exactly what you were trying to say, but even in that you were wrong.

Eternity created the Celestials, that alone makes any analogy you were trying to draw between the two moot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.