Best super power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
If you could choose a comic book super power what would you choose? Just to keep it interesting lets keep it within the laws of real world physics.

Uriel005
reality manipulation MJJ style/ Future Franklin Richards. Real world physics just got thrown out.

Black bolt z
Iron man. Probably the strongest guy that real world physics would apply to.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Iron man. Probably the strongest guy that real world physics would apply to. that's not really a power

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
that's not really a power Does it matter?

Q99
If Iron Man followed physics, Tony'd get smashed around and hospitalized for months every time he's in a fight with someone strong even if the armor was intact, if he's lucky.

The materials strength and power generation of the armor is also crazy.

Blair Wind
What powers follow real world physics?

Tha C-Master
Any that keep them in mind and try to do them properly (key word:try). smile

Starscream M
Originally posted by Blair Wind
What powers follow real world physics? wolverine's hf

Stoic
Forge's ingenuity.

psycho gundam
wolverine's hf lol no

ever heard of conservation of mass?

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
lol no

ever heard of conservation of mass? to make it slightly different...in the real world, you would have to eat vast amounts of food

Tha C-Master
Would it be worth it in the long run?

psycho gundam
you'd live really long i guess, and you could cell "it" to pharmaceutical companies for tons of money

i agree with forge's intuitive genius

SamZED
So Logan would have to go to KFC every time he's seriously injured??

Mindset
No, PG doesn't know what he's talking about.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by SamZED
So Logan would have to go to KFC every time he's seriously injured?? depends on the amount of damage, he'd have to do something to replace the amount of cells he'd lose if he were to say lose an organ or get burned. he'd start to heal long before he'd get medical attention

Bouboumaster
Dr Strange's magic powers

Q99
Squirrel communication.

Warlord
telepathy /thread

rotiart
Originally posted by Brockalizer
If you could choose a comic book super power what would you choose? Just to keep it interesting lets keep it within the laws of real world physics.
The science of superman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZtXtDBQviA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1tGMlsoWgQ

Juk3n
Teleportation Nightcrawler style

Q99
How about Doug Ramsey's language thing?

It's one of the most physically possible and it's immensely useful.

BattleMage
MAGIC!

Parmaniac
DUH

If powers would follow RL physics I want someone to explain to me why we don't have super powers.

If I could choose: PR Beyonder

EDIT: Hell not even people without powers follow RL physics in comics.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Parmaniac
DUH

If powers would follow RL physics I want someone to explain to me why we don't have super powers.

If I could choose: PR Beyonder

EDIT: Hell not even people without powers follow RL physics in comics. wolverine's hf follows RL science

bullseye's aim follows RL science

Parmaniac
If Wolverine gets blasted down to a skeleton, where does the matter come from for the regeneration? Completely ignoring the fact that certain chemical reactions simply need a certain amount of time.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Warlord
telepathy /thread reality manipulation...By FAR.

u can make your self have telepathy

RyanAutumns
Telekinesis or Telepathy FTW

Metalmanx
Super speed. Definitely.

And I'm talking ludicrous speed.

Tha C-Master
Batman fast?

Although with worldly physics it might not be a great idea... erm

Deadline

bullseye's aim follows RL science

Don't think it does.

marwash22
Originally posted by Warlord
telepathy /thread

harri
Mind Manipulation. Not sure if that is the correct term. Basically controlling minds.

marwash22
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
reality manipulation...By FAR.

u can make your self have telepathy OP said to keep it within the realm of real world physics.

TP can be explained as someone with increased brain function, how do you explain reality warping?Originally posted by harri
Mind Manipulation. Not sure if that is the correct term. Basically controlling minds. that would be telepathy.

harri
Lol thank you.

Tha C-Master
Reality Warping: Doing whatever you want.

It wins. smile

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Reality Warping: Doing whatever you want.

It wins. smile Yeah pretty much, you can give yourself all powers etc.

That's why I stay with PR Beyonder

Starscream M
If Wolverine gets blasted down to a skeleton, where does the matter come from for the regeneration? Completely ignoring the fact that certain chemical reactions simply need a certain amount of time. well, you won't get it on logan's level...since he obviously violates physics

but I was thinking you get enhanced healing....but you'd have to eat more and sleep more....but you'd heal at a much faster rate.

not as crazy as logan, but still a very good power to have.

Also, you'd have immunity against natural diseases and even aging to a degree.

Starscream M
Originally posted by marwash22

TP can be explained as someone with increased brain function. umm no it can't. tp doesn't exist.

Tha C-Master
Yeah pretty much, you can give yourself all powers etc.

That's why I stay with PR Beyonder I'll be TOAA then. Or just myself as I exist outside of it.

Metalmanx
Batman fast?

Although with worldly physics it might not be a great idea... erm

It KINDA does if you follow more the Quicksilver physiology. With a body mutated precisely for super speed.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Metalmanx
It KINDA does if you follow more the Quicksilver physiology. With a body mutated precisely for super speed. Well I'm talking more about the friction at those running speeds and mass, but meh.

Silent Master
Plus, everyone around you would be moving in slo-mo 24/7, so say bye-bye to any meaningful human interaction.

Metalmanx
Not necessarily. You don't have to be in super-speed mode all the time. If we used that argument, Supes wouldn't be able to touch anyone without destroying them.

Parmaniac
If you want to transfer this to Real Wprld physics then yes everyone would move slow. A fly is a good example for this.

Tha C-Master
If you want to transfer this to Real Wprld physics then yes everyone would move slow. A fly is a good example for this. Flies are pretty slow.

Parmaniac
Flies are pretty slow. Maybe fat american flies ahah

I was talking about perception.

Tha C-Master
I know. My perception is that they're slow. Like Hummingbirds.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Not necessarily. You don't have to be in super-speed mode all the time. If we used that argument, Supes wouldn't be able to touch anyone without destroying them.

How would being able to turn your perceptions/reflexes on and off follow "Real World physics"?

marwash22
umm no it can't. tp doesn't exist. jr_erm01

Starscream M
Originally posted by marwash22
jr_erm01 confused

twizzlers713
bat kick?

complexbrother
Reed Richard's level of intelligence.

janus77
Reed's brilliance and umm ... Sue Storm (it's part of what makes Mr. Fantastic... fantastic!)

Nephthys
Omnipotence. shifty

Immortality if that isn't allowed though.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Nephthys
Omnipotence. shifty

Immortality if that isn't allowed though.

Eh, in the long run irl Immortality screws you over, due to the way you perceive time as you get older.

It would basically get to the point where human lifetimes would seem to tick by in hours and you'll have no meaningful relationships as people will just seem to come and go.

Brockalizer
Telekinesis would be cool. The possibilities would be staggering. You could get rich going to Las Vegas. Or imagine an MMA fighter that can shatter his opponents jaw with the slightest though. Hitman for hire would be interesting too.

Mindset
umm no it can't. tp doesn't exist. PROVE IT!

-Pr-
GL Ring.

umm no it can't. tp doesn't exist.

facepalm

StyleTime
The real world stipulation kills all of my favorite powers basically unless we're considering telepathy a real world power.

From what's left, I guess I'd go with peak human(or as close as possible in the real world) physical attributes and skill. You could smash straight through ever major combat sport and probably go down in history as the greatest fighter ever. Money wouldn't be a problem either.

Super intelligence is also nice, but it seems like more work.

PillarofOsiris
power cosmic.

rotiart
Ibwas thinking about the op...

Since real world and comics don't really mesh... I'll put what low level non herald power I'd want... Like meta or less..

In that case I'll go with someone like wolverine or beast without the claws... Extended life, strength speed etc...

I thought about Luke cage for a second but he'd probably be "too" powerful...

People picking toaa mm or beholder I think aren't trying to do what intention of the thread...

... Or some kind of low level technopath... Dear ATM machine... Please give me 100.. Thank you. I mean as long as you don't abuse it...

going by real world physics and biology only animal themed powers like 'super'hearing and poison glands or enhanced physical and cognitive performances would be possible. for the most part, they'd peak at low or mid meta levels. telepathy would be a definite nono.

I'll take uncharted regeneration of tissues - instead of our lame cicatrization process - as fast as it can possibly go irl and a prolongued lifespan. So basically, a toned down healing factor which is in line with what some real world organisms are capable of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.