Falling Skies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
39eegoYnH9s

BruceSkywalker
possibly i may watch this

MildPossession
Yep saw trailer some time ago, looks excellent.

T.M
Started last night, was decent.

srankmissingnin
It's fine for a summer program but there is some really awkward and groan inducing character moments in every episode. Noah Wyle and Moon Bloodgood have no chemestry to speak of, every time they are on screen together it is embarrassing to watch.

Pope doesn't make much sense, he is a well read, intelligent racist hardened criminal who makes Harry Potter references? Still, he is fun and interesting to watch, which isn't true of the rest of the cast.

BruceSkywalker
been watching since the two hour telemovie... while noah wyle was well casted everyone else really wasn't..

the aliens are right out of spielberg's war of the worlds remake seems like..

Mindset
I haven't liked Noah Wyle in anything I've seen him in since ER.

I tried to watch the first episode, but I couldn't get through it, does it get better?

SlightlyFlaccid
CGI looks fantastic from the commercials.

Nephthys
So, basically V?

There have been so many alien invasion stories lately.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nephthys
So, basically V?

There have been so many alien invasion stories lately.

its because aliens are easily accessible and cheap

this was picked up for a second season, i believe

srankmissingnin
Hopefully now that they have his stupid kid back the plot can start moving forward. If the story doesn't advance soon, and the characters aren't given something compelling to do, I might have to step out on this one.

soulkiller
The show was quite promising but has not delivered so far.

srankmissingnin
I wasn't feeling the first arc, but I have to say with the exception of a few plot points that stretched believability (months into the invasion and they are just now doing a proper alien autopsy?) the last few episodes have been fantastic. I'm can't wait for the two hour season finale, and I have to say that if it wasn't for Breaking Bad, Falling Skies would the best summer program this year.

Mindset
So should I watch it from the beginning?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
So should I watch it from the beginning?

The first five aren't very good, there is some really forced relationships / melodrama and cliche characterization but they do have some plot and character information that you might like to have. Maybe watch the last three episodes (which I felt were great and got progressively better), and you can decide if you like it enough to go back and watch from the beginning.

mike7184
I had watch only few episode of this show and i really liked it.

Patient_Leech
Bump...

Saw that the season finale for this was on tonight and I've never even heard of it until now. Might have to check it out sometime.

jaden101
I watched the 1st season and there was a massive gap over here between it finishing and a 2nd season coming out so kinda lost interest. It was decent enough. Pretty much 'The walking dead' but with aliens.

They tried to focus on too many characters though. It takes very skilled writing to have so many characters and still have the viewer give a shit about them all. The Wire and Game of Thrones do it better than anything else. The Walking Dead JUST stays the right side of the line by smartly killing off as many people as they introduce. Falling Skies falls just on the other side of the line and suffers a bit for it in my opinion.

On the whole it's what you'd expect from a sci-fi series with a limited budget. The effects are about on par with seeing the cylon land battles in the new Battlestar Galactica.

quanchi112
Massively disappointed with this series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.