Kalibak vs Ulik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
the son of Darkseid vs the badass Thor-bashing troll.

who would win?

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/8/83/Kalibak_01.jpg
vs
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/127305-150302-ulik_super.jpg

one round with their weapons , 2nd round no weapons.

Black bolt z
Kalibak and very easily.

Colossus-Big C
not really, current ulik is 2x stronger than thor due to high evolutinarys upgrade

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Kalibak and very easily.

Lol.

1) Kalibak.
2) Not sure. Split? Early appearance Ulik wins though. He even had the dynamic strength factor thing going back then IIRC.

Man, some Thor villains have really fallen since those days. Absorbing Man, Ulik, the Wrecking Crew. Heck, even the Grey Gargoyle, was pretty dangerous.

Colossus-Big C
oh sh!t someone is a rip off of another

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
not really, current ulik is 2x stronger than thor due to high evolutinarys upgrade

Why do I think you made that completely up?

Read their fight. Ulik is not two times stronger than Thor.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

1) Kalibak.
2) Not sure. Split? Early appearance Ulik wins though. He even had the dynamic strength factor thing going back then IIRC.

Man, some Thor villains have really fallen since those days. Absorbing Man, Ulik, the Wrecking Crew. Heck, even the Grey Gargoyle, was pretty dangerous. Why lol? Ulik used to be good. But hes not that great anymore.

Starscream M
ulik was a good match for masterson...not for thor

Colossus-Big C
Lol.

1) Kalibak.

Man, some Thor villains have really fallen since those days. Absorbing Man, Ulik, the Wrecking Crew. Heck, even the Grey Gargoyle, was pretty dangerous. ulik got the dynamic thing back he was upgraded by the high evolutionary in iron/thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why lol? Ulik used to be good. But hes not that great anymore.

Because despite the fact that Ulik is not big gun that he was, there's no way his getting beaten by Kalibak easily.

And let's not pretend that Kalibak himself is not exactly a respected villain whose held up well to time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
ulik got the dynamic thing back he was upgraded by the high evolutionary in iron/thor

You made that up.

Black bolt z
Because despite the fact that Ulik is not big gun that he was, there's no way his getting beaten by Kalibak easily.

And let's not pretend that Kalibak himself is not exactly a respected villain whose held up well to time. No he hasn't. But Kalibak has held up better then Ulik IMO.

Kalibak still wins. Mabye 7-8/10.

Rage.Of.Olympus

No surprise. The New Gods were influenced by Kirby's Asgard. They're like his post Ragnarok take on them as far as I can tell.

celeyhyga17
Yeah.. Ulik did get an upgrade.. I dont remember it being quantified though..

Rage.Of.Olympus
No he hasn't. But Kalibak has held up better then Ulik IMO.

Kalibak still wins. Mabye 7-8/10.

No he hasn't what? Key words: In your opinion.

I can honestly say that I cannot recall the last impressive thing Kalibak did. Something against Orion maybe?

The two are basically mirror images of themselves. After their initial appearances, they existed so a writer can show off how great Orion/Thor are.

Regular Ulik and Kalibak would a near split in my opinion. Using the most current versions, it's a stomp for Ulik. Kailbak's a damn tiger, and Ulik's been upgraded.

Silent Master

Ulik=Feb. 1967
Kalibak=Feb. 1971

Black bolt z
No he hasn't what? Key words: In your opinion.

I can honestly say that I cannot recall the last impressive thing Kalibak did. Something against Orion maybe?

The two are basically mirror images of themselves. After their initial appearances, they existed so a writer can show off how great Orion/Thor are.

Regular Ulik and Kalibak would a near split in my opinion. Using the most current versions, it's a stomp for Ulik. Kailbak's a damn tiger, and Ulik's been upgraded. How far has he been upgraded? I heard HE did something to him but I don't know exactly what so i'm just basing this off the lastest version besides that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, I'd say his about as strong as Thor physically. Maybe a bit less. Still strong enough to kick Kalibak's ass.

Black bolt z
Well, I'd say his about as strong as Thor physically. Maybe a bit less. Still strong enough to kick Kalibak's ass. Thats his upgrade? So he has been upgraded to what he was when he was first created?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess.

Black bolt z
I guess. Thats stupid erm

Starscream M
Thats his upgrade? So he has been upgraded to what he was when he was first created? laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
He received some kind of tech upgrade.. Basically it was implied that he's stronger, but not to the point in which Thor couldn't handle him..

Anyways, I swear this thread has been done a million times..
Current Ulik prolly takes a majority...

kbclassof09
Kalibak would win Ulik is only a class 90 while Kalibak is close to Superman's strength level. He just jobs at lot in fights.

iceman24567
Originally posted by kbclassof09
Kalibak would win Ulik is only a class 90 while Kalibak is close to Superman's strength level. He just jobs at lot in fights. Did you not read the posts in this thread or the most recent appearance of Ulik? not sure why i asked the answer is no for both questions erm

King Castle
ppl need to stop reciting class strength... since they dont mean a damn thing and it's obvious the person doesnt know a damn thing about the character to recite and makes such a comment..

anyways.... current Ulik wins and it should have bn a near equal match back in the day before Kalibak did his spiral fall to tony the tiger..

the Darkone
Kribys New Gods where meant for Marvel, damn can u just imagine Darkseid vs Odin, Orion vs Thor, Desaad vs Loki hell that would have been good.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by King Castle
ppl need to stop reciting class strength... since they dont mean a damn thing and it's obvious the person doesnt know a damn thing about the character to recite and makes such a comment..

anyways.... current Ulik wins and it should have bn a near equal match back in the day before Kalibak did his spiral fall to tony the tiger.. thumb up

kbclassof09

anyways.... current Ulik wins and it should have bn a near equal match back in the day before Kalibak did his spiral fall to tony the tiger..

Man shut the hell up u crybaby!

King Castle
how about you add something to it rather then a bio class as if it is gospel..

tell me what do you know about Kalibak or Ulik?

what do you know about their feats in general and what is happening to them currently?

kbclassof09
how about you add something to it rather then a bio class as if it is gospel..

tell me what do you know about Kalibak or Ulik?

what do you know about their feats in general and what is happening to them currently?

Ok I dont know anything about Ulik other than he was previously a class 90.... Kalibak I know lots about him. He constantly trade blows with his brother Orion (a Superman level Warrior). He almost always loses to Orion because Orion has better fighting skills while Kalibak always rely on strength. Orion himself stated in an issue of jack kirby fourth world that he and Kalibak are matched in power. Recently after being killed by his uncle the Infinity man, Kalibak is now a tiger man who has gotten his ass kicked by tawky tawny. There you go. What I know of Ulik is that he has gotten into fights with Thor and held his own. I wont use strength classes anymore to determine the outcome of a fight I will use feats ok.

Zack M
Kalibak.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Zack M
Kalibak.

the Darkone
Ulik will win the majority that's a fact, but it will be a battle

Zack M
How is it a fact?

carver9
Zack, how much of a win out of 10 would you give Kalibak?

Zack M
Kalibak 7/10.

h1a8
Totally different levels of strength here. Unlike is around Thing level. Kalibak is closer to Orion level. Not a complete stomp but Kalibak wins both.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Zack M
How is it a fact?

The same way it's a fact that Beta Ray Bill is as strong as Orion and Thor as strong as Superman. laughing

deathslash
Originally posted by h1a8
Totally different levels of strength here. Unlike is around Thing level. Kalibak is closer to Orion level. Not a complete stomp but Kalibak wins both. at the same time though, I've never seen him lose a fight to a normal human or talkie tawny. not saying that kalibak loses (cause he doesn't), just wanted to give you some food for thought.

StiltmanFTW
Ulik actually got beaten by a normal human carrying a normal handgun, lol.

Waded through bullets at first, but eventually lost his balance and fell from a damn building laughing out loud

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ulik actually got beaten by a normal human carrying a normal handgun, lol.

Waded through bullets at first, but eventually lost his balance and fell from a damn building laughing out loud really? What issue was this? Is it still canon? Was there any other context involved?

StiltmanFTW
You're surprised? Ulik is Thor's Rhino.

It is still canon, unless you want to assume that post-Hickman Wars nothing really counts anymore.

I'd need to look for it, don't remember the issue, but it happened. It's not as if the bullets were penetrating his skin (he's not a softie like Thor), he was simply clumsy as f*ck and one mosquito-bite bullet too many made him trip.

Zack M
Old school Kalibak definitely wins. Like H said, he was closer to Orion level. He even stalemated him, IIRC. As years went on, he became a joke, until he got a boost from Darkseid. He was still a decent foe, but nowhere near his classic levels.

DCnU Kalibak seems a little better than his later portrayals.

deathslash
You're surprised? Ulik is Thor's Rhino.

It is still canon, unless you want to assume that post-Hickman Wars nothing really counts anymore.

I'd need to look for it, don't remember the issue, but it happened. It's not as if the bullets were penetrating his skin (he's not a softie like Thor), he was simply clumsy as f*ck and one mosquito-bite bullet too many made him trip. meh. I used to read the really old Thor comics, in which the supervillain never really jobbed (what's happened to comics man?).

Was he unconscious after the fall though?

StiltmanFTW
That was an old comic, actually.

Don't remember if he was. Scouring KMC now, I should be able to find it sooner or later...

deathslash
That was an old comic, actually.

Don't remember if he was. Scouring KMC now, I should be able to find it sooner or later... thumb up thanks

krisblaze
Ulik 'lost' to Punisher in Marvel Knights, but he still looked really impressive.

Not Kalibak impressive though.

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
really? What issue was this? Is it still canon? Was there any other context involved?
Mighty Thor 414. In the same issue Thor was overwhelmed by a bunch of cars thrown by Ulik.

laughing out loud

He was still more durable than Thor though, Thor feared for his life while falling from a building in the same run

stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by krisblaze
Ulik 'lost' to Punisher in Marvel Knights, but he still looked really impressive.

Not Kalibak impressive though.

He lost? Wasn't Frank about to blow himself up or something, when Ulik was choking him?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Mighty Thor 414. In the same issue Thor was overwhelmed by a bunch of cars thrown by Ulik.

laughing out loud

He was still more durable than Thor though, Thor feared for his life while falling from a building in the same run

stick out tongue

You mean this, correct?

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Loki%20Sorcery/LokiEmpowerment18-Ulik414.jpg.html

Was Ulik still amped when he was facing the incredible pistol-man? laughing out loud

abhilegend
No.

Rao Kal El
Kalibak on both

StiltmanFTW
@slash

http://www.herowrap.com/images/wraps/marvel-mighty-thor-volume-1-issue-414.jpg

Safe to say Ulik was knocked the f*ck out.

And sorry for posting a wrap instead of scans, but my KMC search failed miserably.

It's from The Mighty Thor #414, as abhi said.

krisblaze
That's not the first time a Thor character has been deathly afraid of falling.

There are at least two incidents where Thor thought a fall might kill him, from heights ordinary humans have survived....

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
That's not the first time a Thor character has been deathly afraid of falling.

There are at least two incidents where Thor thought a fall might kill him, from heights ordinary humans have survived....
I know of one instance from Thor 391. What's second instance and issue number?

Hercules was also in danger of getting killed in Thor 226 when he and Firelord fought.

Defalco also had Thor explicitly say how he wasn't invulnerable, just very durable.

abhilegend
@slash

http://www.herowrap.com/images/wraps/marvel-mighty-thor-volume-1-issue-414.jpg

Safe to say Ulik was knocked the f*ck out.

And sorry for posting a wrap instead of scans, but my KMC search failed miserably.

It's from The Mighty Thor #414, as abhi said.
Go to Readcomiconline.to

It has pretty much every long running comic series.

golem370
The angier Ulik get the stronger his limbs get plus if a near miss can make Thor's legs that is saying something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.