Superman 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K.Diddy
smokin' Too be honest,I'm not a huge fan of the original,but still like it,but I have always had a big fondness for part 2 which in my opinion is better then the 1st and one of the best movie sequels in film history,anyway So I heard the other sequels were real bad,I never got around to seeing them,and because of what I have heard about them just never bothered,but spotting Superman 3 at my local rental store,curiosity finally got the better of me.......

cool I found the movie ''Watchable'' which means I sat through it with no trouble,but I am certain part of this was my amusement at how bad this actually was,The opening of the movie felt like a 3 stooges comedy erm How someone mangages to drown themself in their car in the middle of a busy street is kinda beyond me....The movie actually could of been great,A superman movie with a different villain instead of Lex Luthor and a new love interest instead of Lois Lane could of been a refreshing change,but instead this was a joke,and there were far too many stupid parts in this script to look past,for a start the villain was just lame,his sidekick the ''computer genius'' was simply just a joke.Then we see Clark Kent vs Superman,which didn't make any sense but I assume it was Clark fighting his other personality,problem is they both seemed to lose half there super powers,then we had Superman suffocating in a bubble,yet he can fly into space and not have the slightest breathing problem confused I could go on forever but their just a few of the scenes that were just ridiculous,Anyway the movie was watchable and even interesting too see the change,but it failed bad.So 4/10

steverules_2
Really? A review for a movie that came out 27 years ago, everyone knows it sucks

Robtard
K, Diddy,

The bubble was full of farts, that's why.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Robtard
K, Diddy,

The bubble was full of farts, that's why.

laughing out loud

K.Diddy
Originally posted by steverules_2
Really? A review for a movie that came out 27 years ago, everyone knows it sucks

erm Well,it's a movie forum,it applies to more then just new movies

steverules_2
I just don't see the point in this review though. You didn't point out the fact that superman can't be in space for no longer than 20 minutes...he has no breathing problem in space because he doesn't breathe in space...but thats never mentioned in the movies so I guess it doesn't count.

K.Diddy
I just don't see the point in this review though.

confused The point is because I seen this movie and want to give my opinion on it.Isn't that what a forum like this is for?

steverules_2
When did you see the movie?

K.Diddy
When did you see the movie?

erm Last night

steverules_2
Was it on TV or something? Whats with the smilies? I'm just asking questions...keeps your thread going

K.Diddy
Was it on TV or something? Whats with the smilies? I'm just asking questions...keeps your thread going

smokin' I like smilies and like I mention in my first post,I seen it at my local rental store,so obviously I rented it.

steverules_2
It's late and I don't wanna read through all that text smile Yes the smilies are fun loving characters

I'm guessing you either read reviews saw it was crap and decided to watch it anyways...or you saw it at the rental place and was like 'Superman 3? Well it's superman, there's no way they could mess this up!' smile

K.Diddy
It's late and I don't wanna read through all that text smile Yes the smilies are fun loving characters

I'm guessing you either read reviews saw it was crap and decided to watch it anyways...or you saw it at the rental place and was like 'Superman 3? Well it's superman, there's no way they could mess this up!' smile

smile I had heard mainly from word of mouth that both sequels after the second were crap.but like I said I came across it by accident at the rental store,so decided to see it for myself,I will be renting the fourth one soon as well.

steverules_2
Oh dear God, don't bother...it's just awful...save your money, its worse than the 3rd...damn I'd pick X-men 3 over it

K.Diddy
Oh dear God, don't bother...it's just awful...save your money, its worse than the 3rd...damn I'd pick X-men 3 over it

smile I see a lot of bad movies,I am one of the very few people that sat through ''Giant Shark vs Mega octopus''

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by K.Diddy
erm Well,it's a movie forum,it applies to more then just new movies

well, i appreciate the review, diddy. Even if it is 27 years old. I like this movie for the sheer cheese factor.

steverules_2
Originally posted by K.Diddy
smile I see a lot of bad movies,I am one of the very few people that sat through ''Giant Shark vs Mega octopus''

I sat through that....I had a nightmare they made a sequel...seems I can tell the future....glare

Try sitting through witchcraft 13, it's the worst movie I have ever seen...if you can sit through that I'm pretty sure you can sit through any bad movie

Mr Parker

yeah thats very odd that you would review a movie like this that has been out for so many years.Like he said,everybody knows that it sucked.Most fans will tell you that 3 and 4 sucked.Three I kinda rank as so so,it wasnt magical masterpiece like the first two were.it had some really stupid and cheesy moments in it,but it had some good things in it as well like his fight with his evil self.and what do you mean,Supes DID have another love interest in the movie.His old flame from high school we saw a little of in the first superman movie,Lana Lang.,another reason I kinda like it just a tiny bit.superman 3 I kinda put in the middle.I dont love it like the first two but its not near as horrible as superman 4 which had NOTHING at all to like about.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
well, i appreciate the review, diddy. Even if it is 27 years old. I like this movie for the sheer cheese factor.

yeah thanks for the late 27 year review. laughing out loud even though its late stillneat to hear a review from someone who hasnt seen it. wink

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah thanks for the late 27 year review. laughing out loud

smile No problem

milfordrodger
Superman III is the first time in the series without any trace of the guiding hand of director Richard Donner and writer Mario Puzo's acclaimed, leaving the franchise in the hands of Richard Lester and Newman set out to do the series in which producers , the Salkind, wanted to do comedy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.