Lightray Vs Nova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3852/112304-169838-lightray_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48365/1505707-thanimp_6_peterwatts_cps_014_large.jpg

MrMind
lightray, he's new god level, nova is outclassed here

kbclassof09
I dont know.. both are class 100 both are FTL. I dont know much about Nova so right now the battle is in Lightray's favor.

Warlord
Nova wins unless it's the insane Lightray version.
And being a new god isn't an auto win

King Castle
Originally posted by Warlord
And being a new god isn't an auto win thumb up

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Warlord
And being a new god isn't an auto win

celeyhyga17
Nova Prime...

Prep-Man
Any reasons on either side? I think the MB will come in quite handy, plus Lightray's control over energy.

SasuOna
Regular Lightray is only Lightspeed IIRC
Nova is like Massively FTL

Very big speed disadvantage.

dmills
Sigh. Don't know much about lightray so I guess I'll have sit this one out... I HAVE TO START READING MORE DC DAMN-IT!!!

Stoic
I'm pulling for Nova in this one. Grav shields/pulses, and on-board tactical analysis has me thinking that Lightray would be slightly out classed.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by SasuOna

Very big speed disadvantage.

Nova does not have a big speed advantage..

Q99
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Nova does not have a big speed advantage..

Yea. My instinct is to go with Nova for other reasons, but speed isn't one of 'em, Lightray is fast.

Desaad
Could go either way. Nova is significantly more powerful, physically, and more durable, but Lightray likely has faster combat speed and definitely has more powerful energy projection, plus a greater versatility.

The Nuul
Umm....

Black bolt z
Full power nova prime wins.

Otherwise Lightray.

And no new god isn't an auto win. But it certainly helps.

Galan007
Originally posted by SasuOna

Very big speed disadvantage. When Lightray was 'insane', he easily traveled over 8x the speed of light in his battle with Takion.

That said, I don't foresee him being overwhelmed by Nova's speed.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Desaad
Could go either way. Nova is significantly more powerful, physically, and more durable, but Lightray likely has faster combat speed and definitely has more powerful energy projection, plus a greater versatility.

Yeah.. Lightray will not lose cause of speed. Nova edges him in overall durability and versatility.. In a forum fight, grav manipulation can be deadly

Galan007
Nova edges him in overall durability. I don't know... Takion rammed Lightray into the moon while they were traveling WELL over 8x the speed of light, and Lightray was completely unharmed.

Takes some huge durability to shrug off something like that.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't know... Takion rammed Lightray into the moon while they were traveling WELL over 8x the speed of light, and Lightray was completely unharmed.

tahts pretty darned good. Nova Prime has a similar feat. He rammed into a kree super barrier at warp speeds. Nova has more high end durability feats that prolly trumps Lightray's..

kbclassof09
Lightray is physically strong enough to lift half of an entire city... any strength feats on Nova Prime?

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by kbclassof09
Can Nova Prime do this?

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...ewGods09-15.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...ewGods09-16.jpg depends... what photo uploading site does he use?

kbclassof09
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
depends... what photo uploading site does he use?

Now look

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods09-15.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods09-16.jpg

Galan007
tahts pretty darned good. Nova Prime has a similar feat. He rammed into a kree super barrier at warp speeds. Nova has more high end durability feats that prolly trumps Lightray's.. I'm just saying that I don't see Lightray being seriously affected by any of Nova's physical, and/or 'blunt force' energy attacks.

Imo, if Nova's going to win he'd better pull some serious versatility out of his pocket...

celeyhyga17
He'll just trap him in a grav node..

Blair Wind
What is a grav node?

celeyhyga17
A node of gravity...

^_^

Warlord
I'm just saying that I don't see Lightray being seriously affected by any of Nova's physical, and/or 'blunt force' energy attacks.

Imo, if Nova's going to win he'd better pull some serious versatility out of his pocket...

well Nova was able to hurt the likes Ego, Sphynx etc... I don't see LR easilly shruging off his blasts (not like they are nothing I mean)

celeyhyga17
Lightray is physically strong enough to lift half of an entire city... any strength feats on Nova Prime?

hmm.....

Prep-Man
Lightray can go intangible, right? Plus his MB might be able to negate gravity tricks.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Lightray can go intangible, right? Plus his MB might be able to negate gravity tricks.

nova can trap intangible
http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/?action=view&current=nova13zonemeganpg17.jpg

Prep-Man
Was that thing coming towards Nova at ftl speeds? Because using that trick will be hard on Lightray.

BattleMage
I don't know... Takion rammed Lightray into the moon while they were traveling WELL over 8x the speed of light, and Lightray was completely unharmed.

Warlord
Was that thing coming towards Nova at ftl speeds? Because using that trick will be hard on Lightray.

I don't see Nova having problems handling lightspeed

celeyhyga17

Yes and no.
Rich has Worldmind to do on the fly calculations... He can also catch him speedwise.. I don't see Nova having any problema catching Lightray.

Prep-Man
LR has his own, though. Mother Box can do things similar.

celeyhyga17
LR has his own, though. Mother Box can do things similar.

on the fly calculations??
I dont think it can do what Worldmind does..

Prep-Man
Yep and they are pretty similar. It stays in contact with the user at all times and gives tactical info. Even scans for weaknesses and a whole lot of other things. Like gravity/magnetism manipulation. It can also be reformed on the spot.

celeyhyga17
Yep and they are pretty similar. It stays in contact with the user at all times and gives tactical info. Even scans for weaknesses and a whole lot of other things. Like gravity/magnetism manipulation. It can also be reformed on the spot.

btw do u have scans of that?

Gecko4lif
on the fly calculations??
I dont think it can do what Worldmind does..
Motherboxes operate on a universal scale confused

Prep-Man
I think you're talking about the Genesis Box. I don't think a regular Mother Box is that powerful. I think Desaad has some scans on him, if he's willing to show.

dmills
Lightray is physically strong enough to lift half of an entire city... any strength feats on Nova Prime? That's pretty Damn strong. Nova is class 100, but I don't know how high on that scale he is at normal levels. He's somewhere above the likes of Colossus, Grimm or Korg, but well below top peeps like Thor, Supes or the Hulk.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by dmills
That's pretty Damn strong. Nova is class 100, but I don't know how high on that scale he is at normal levels. He's somewhere above the likes of Colossus, Grimm or Korg, but well below top peeps like Thor, Supes or the Hulk. He is? I thought he would be much higher then colossus level. Isn't he into the thousands of tons?

celeyhyga17
Nova is easily class 100. his control of gravity makes him hit extremely hard.

dmills
Originally posted by Black bolt z
He is? I thought he would be much higher then colossus level. Isn't he into the thousands of tons? He is. An average centurion is class 20 and Nova Prime is supposedly 1000x stronger than that. He can also use the Nova force to amp even more, which would put him in another tier altogether.

Of course this is all a moot point since he can manipulate gravity.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills
He is. An average centurion is class 20 and Nova Prime is supposedly 1000x stronger than that. He can also use the Nova force to amp even more, which would put him in another tier altogether.

Of course this is all a moot point since he can manipulate gravity.

Yep..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Black bolt z
He is? I thought he would be much higher then colossus level. Isn't he into the thousands of tons?

maybe this can shed some light on his strength level...
big grin

http://img408.imageshack.us/f/novaorr049.jpg/

Sr J-Bieb
maybe this can shed some light on his strength level...
big grin

http://img408.imageshack.us/f/novaorr049.jpg/ It didn't

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.