Exdeath vs Ganondorf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kosmic King
Who would win in a fight between the two of tehm?

Exdeath is from Final Fantasy V, Ganondorf is from Legend of Zelda series.

MooCowofJustice
This is the dude with the void, isn't it?

NemeBro
Exdeath lolroflstomps. no expression

Normal Exdeath at the end of the game can instantly erase countries, but Neo Exdeath, which is technically the one used unless specified, can destroy the universe.

Kosmic King
Not including Neo Exdeath, who would win between normal Exdeath vs Ganondorf?

NemeBro
Probably Exdeath. TEH VOID.

The Scenario
Eh, I dunno. Exdeath sounds like he can edge Ganondorf out in terms of sheer power, but I think Ganondorf's got an advantage in his various abilities. For instance, his invisibility/intangibility might be able to protect him from most of what Exdeath can do, with the exception of Holy or Flare. What I've seen of the Void consists of people being sucked into it through the cieling with nothing happening to the scenery at all. I don't know if that's just graphics or what, but it seems primarily more like a BFR than an annihilation move. After all, the Warriors of Dawn could escape and remove the party from the Void. And everything that got sucked apparently comes back after Neo Exdeath (who himself escaped the Void) dies , so it still doesn't seem overly destructive to me.

Anyway, assuming Ganondorf can evade or escape the Void (what with his ability to dimension hop/teleport), I think he can win. Just hammer away with castle to island busters, Exdeath should go down eventually. Also, is Exdeath humanoid or giant evil tree form for this battle?

NemeBro
The Void is a thing of creation and destruction. It does not BFR, it destroys. It recreated what came back after Neo Exdeath was killed.

Exdeath can envelop countries with the Void, erasing them.

Or just envelop Ganondorf with one.

LLLLLink
Spirits of Dawn restrained Exdeath from using the void, proving that he does not possess total control of it.

Also, Ganondorf could just use the death curse. Wouldn't be the first time he used it to kill a sentient tree...

CosmicComet
Does Exdeath have any physical feats? Or is it like most pre-32 bit era games where very little can be derived from cutscenes?

Kazenji
32 bit??

did'nt know the snes was that elite.

CosmicComet
I said Pre-32 bit.

Things before PS1 era.

The Scenario
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Does Exdeath have any physical feats? Or is it like most pre-32 bit era games where very little can be derived from cutscenes?

He does have some feats, but it is a bit like you're describing. As far as I know, the things he does with the Void are his ONLY feats. Though quite a lot can be derived from the cutscenes.

Note: The vids below are best watched on mute.

1Aa_cLKJURk

9:00 through to the end of the video. That's what I'm talking about with the "just people; property damage not shown" thing. The Void appears over an area, people fly up into it, and that's it. If there's an indication that the areas themselves are destroyed, I'm not really seeing it.

31moweGVIA0

From the beginning, or skip to about 1:20. Here, we see the Warriors of Dawn (all dead; they're ghosts) pulling the party out of the Void, as apparently they weren't destroyed after being sucked in. Then the logical conundrum of the power of the power of nothingness disappearing as the dead guys banish the Void not once but twice in succession.

Then I guess you can skip to to 6:05 as Exdeath himself is sucked into the Void and proceeds to escape less than five seconds later after having been not destroyed. And being reborn as Neo-Exdeath. Maybe it takes a little while to destroy things, I don't know. Or the Warriors of Dawn are just that strong.

Nephthys
Actually, I'm playing that game and at the point I'm at now he just casually sunk an island with an earthquake from half a planet away. WAY before becoming TEH VOID!

CosmicComet
He caused the Earthquake how? By punching the ground?

GrieverSquall
Not really interested in this thread, but I will post some Exdeath feats.

He burned an entire forest just by using his magical power.

J9UFmbG5Tdw

2:15 to 2:44

Exdeath has impressive super-speed (also Ghido, it seems). He has some other feats in this video, but I'm lazy to describe them.

KhKKjm0wzX8

1:22 to 1:50

Created an illusion that only could be broken by Kelger and Galuf (two of the previous Dawn Warriors).

Sorry, no video, I'm lazy, but this happens when you first enter to his castle.

Nephthys
That is some darn impressive speed, I don't think Ganondorf can keep up with that from what I've seen of him.

Not from half a planet away. I dunno how he did it, one second the island sinks into the sea the next we cut to Exdeath gloating about it. 'Witness what befalls those who stand before me!' he says (to an empty room, lol), thats all we get.

Z4cVgjkLTgA

Right at the start.

The Scenario
That's similar to what we get from Ganondorf, too. He rips an island apart, also from a great distance, and we only see the aftermath.

7xobIRMpzdc

From the beginning. According to Valoo (Dragon God/Sky Spirit), the island was cursed by Ganondorf, which may be the actual cause. A curse laters spreads across the entire world, which spreads the storm and prevents the sun from rising.

Exdeath's speed does pose a problem, but doesn't he turn into a tree after absorbing the power of the Void? He can apparently reach anywhere in the world, so it makes sense he wouldn't have to move. Ganondorf best mvement would be around this:

VkMY5Cxj3m8

That dash he does at 1:20. Still superhuman, but not that fast.

gzaZINCjbMc

3:04 for about how well a burning forest would work on Ganondorf.

4:00, "Ganon cannot be destroyed by such simple means as wrath and fire." (That's Valoo, the Dragon God/Sky Spirit mentioned earlier.)

LLLLLink
Good research, as always, Scenario. Also, I'm not seeing where the Trueforce was banned.

NemeBro
Anyone who cries "Trueforce" in a Zelda thread that does not explicitly state its use has already admitted defeat.

Trueforce is not standard equipment for Ganondorf.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by NemeBro
Anyone who cries "Trueforce" in a Zelda thread that does not explicitly state its use has already admitted defeat.

Trueforce is not standard equipment for Ganondorf.

All I heard was "Waah! Waah! Waah! That's no fair!"
Exdeath got powerful because Ganon came and pissed on his tree. Thus, he gained the power of the void.

NemeBro
Originally posted by LLLLLink
All I heard was "Waah! Waah! Waah! That's no fair!"
Exdeath got powerful because Ganon came and pissed on his tree. Thus, he gained the power of the void. Aw, is da wittle 5L sad that his desperate plea for da Trueforce against standard thread procedure? :C

LLLLLink
Aw, is da wittle 5L sad that his desperate plea for da Trueforce against standard thread procedure? :C

If you recall, it was me who asked that banning the Trueforce (a word of which you had no knowledge until I instated its use) be applied to the forum's rules.

NemeBro
If you recall, it was me who asked that banning the Trueforce (a word of which you had no knowledge until I instated its use) be applied to the forum's rules. Don't try to play it off that way.

You brought up the Trueforce in an attempt to suggest it as a viable strategy, or if nothing else hoped to find out if it was allowed.

Oh, and I only use the term because for some reason, you popularised it, so I use it so people know exactly what I am talking about. Would rather just call it the ****ing Triforce.

LLLLLink

Oh, and I only use the term because for some reason, you popularised it, so I use it so people know exactly what I am talking about. Would rather just call it the ****ing Triforce.

...And you'd be ****ing wrong. If you are referring to the full, unlimited power of the Triforce, then you have 2 things you can use: Trueforce, or "omnipotent and omniscient golden power". Otherwise, Triforce is fine.

You are an amusing guy.

NemeBro
...And you'd be ****ing wrong. If you are referring to the full, unlimited power of the Triforce, then you have 2 things you can use: Trueforce, or "omnipotent and omniscient golden power". Otherwise, Triforce is fine.

You are an amusing guy. Damn man, no need get so butthurt about me not caring for your little term, srs bsns much? smile

Refresh my memory, when exactly is the term "Trueforce" used?

LLLLLink
Damn man, no need get so butthurt about me not caring for your little term, srs bsns much? smile

Refresh my memory, when exactly is the term "Trueforce" used?

Hey! Don't talk about my hiney, you perv!

OoT, during Sheik's talk right before she transforms into Zelda and gets captured for raping.

The Scenario
Hey! Don't talk about my hiney, you perv!

OoT, during Sheik's talk right before she transforms into Zelda and gets captured for raping.

Found it.

XDCNehhjjd8

1:30, Though the actual term used is "True Force," rather than being one word.

LLLLLink
"True Force to govern all", I believe.

(edit) Yup, it is. smile Notice the caps.

NemeBro
Dude, seriously? erm

Yeah, gonna continue calling it the Triforce.

LLLLLink
Dude, seriously? erm

Yeah, gonna continue calling it the Triforce.

Do as you like, that is, if you don't mind specifying every time you use the term.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.