Fargo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K.Diddy
smokin' Seen this yesterday,Absolutely Fantastic,The only movie I have seen by the Coen Brothers so far that has completely satisfied me.The Story and characters were all just great.The movie never seemed to drag or stop being entertaining there really is nothing bad I can say about it.10/10

The Nuul
Yah, you betcha!

ADarksideJedi
Yea it is scary but a good movie.

razo4

Sadako of Girth
Bloody excellent movie. One of my favorites of all time.

Witness the firepower of these fully armed and operational Coen brothers..!!

Impediment
Would you believe I have never seen this film?

Sadako of Girth
Bloody hell...! shock

I can promise that if you rectify that, you will be ecstatic with what you experience.

Utterly brilliant in every aspect, whilst maintaining a pace that is slow burning yet almost hypnotic. Set in a character rich environment.
Suitably awesome climax, too. yes

Impediment
I'll stream it from Netflix today, as I have no job and nothing to do. smile

I know I'll like it if you do, Rich.

Sadako of Girth
Oh yeah its quality...!

Its the kind of movie were immersion in it really takes you away for a while lots of black humour in it too..! stick out tongue

ADarksideJedi
It is a good one!Watch it and enjoy!and then let us know what you think about it.

Dave_97
im always shocked when people say they haven't seen it.
love that film.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

What an *******.

K.Diddy

smokin' I only seen it a couple of days ago for the first time myself,Definitely check it out though,I doubt you will be disappointed

General_Iroh
"He's kinda weird lookin'"
"Oh yeah, in what kinda way?"
"Oh just a general kinda way."

Sadako of Girth
Heh For sure. You betcha.

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yah, you betcha!

Sadako of Girth
Haha Sorry I missed that....You pipped me to the post!

But ask yourself: Which character was I quoting as saying it and in which scene of the many variations and times of its use? shifty
(c) Desperate face saving maneuvers plc, 2011

Impediment
Rich, I just finished Fargo for the very first time.

It was sssssllloooooowwwww......

But awesome sauce x 10!!!

This is definitely a Coen bros. film.

BruceSkywalker
been a while since i've seen fargo, but damn good

Sadako of Girth
Rich, I just finished Fargo for the very first time.

It was sssssllloooooowwwww......

But awesome sauce x 10!!!

This is definitely a Coen bros. film.

Yay! Popped your Fargo cherry..!!!

Happy Dance

Yep one of the best slowburners I've ever seen...
So rich in almost every aspect.
I bet you'll never look at a woodchipper the same way again. stick out tongue
Glad you liked it...! What did the Missus think...?

I just watched the Coen's version of "True Grit" too..... loved it.

People used to say that American version of "Trainspotting" was subtitled for international markets on account of the strong Scottish accents.
At first I thought this movie might be be one of those kinda deals..
(Cogburn's and Chelmesford's accents were very thick in this) but Im glad they didnt subtitle it. I couldn't understand much of what Cogburn's 1st 5 mins of Dialouge, but after that my Borg frontier speak shields modulated, and I was able to understand almost every word.

Great movie. I didn't remember much of the original movie, so it gripped me all the way. Could definitely watch that again in future.
Very good film.

Impediment
I won't lie that Fargo is a ssslllooowww movie. Yet, like some kind of hypnotic fixation, you can't help but watch the film! This is the kind of film that I could, maybe, watch once every year or so, but that doesn't mean that I don't like it.

ADarksideJedi
I think it is a movie that you watch and like for different reasons.It is a very stange but yet a creative movie and base on real events that make it interesting.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I think it is a movie that you watch and like for different reasons.It is a very stange but yet a creative movie and base on real events that make it interesting.

smokin' It is actually not based on real events at all,There is an interview with the Coens and they admit that it was all just a completely fictional event.Also,A woman from Tokyo actually went over there trying to find the breifcase with the money in it,that gets hidden in the movie,when she couldn't find it,she ended up killing herself,True Story laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.