Silver Surfer vs Top Cow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
SS has come to the Top Cow Universe in his quest to sate Galactus Hunger... the ppl of the City see him come down from the sky and some panic other rejoice believing it is the rapture..

SS: The End has come for this World. Spend your last moments with those you love for "He" approaches...

1) Darkness

2) Witchblade(Sara Pezinni)

3) Angelus(Dani)

4) all of them against SS plus Magdalena

Q99
None of them is suited for combat against Surfer. Top Cow's a relatively low-powered comics universe.

King Castle
not even combined attack?

Sin I AM
naw, and plus their "heavy hitters" have weaknesses that can be easily exploited

Q99
Originally posted by King Castle
not even combined attack?

Not even close. I think the biggest thing any of them has ever done is sink a navy task force, and that wasn't with blasty stuff, but rather Darkness constructs (which are fairly easy to deal with using bright light), and much larger in scale than most stuff they do by far. These beings mostly act at a low/mid meta level.

And those are the big powers. Magdalena's just a street leveler plus her anti-sin light, which isn't all that hard to deal with and has limited range.

they're all underachievers, but when the darkness' and witchblade's child was born she caused some impressive fireworks and there were talks about universal level power. But yes, SS would stomp them all.

leonidas
witchblade could do damage no doubt about it, but no way she could hit him if he didn't want to be touched. he could destroy effortlessly from orbit if he chose. if the witchblade were given to someone that might be an option. ww used the witchblade and tore up the jla iirc. otherwise top cow (which is very cool btw) has no chance.

Q99
Originally posted by leonidas
ww used the witchblade and tore up the jla iirc.

That's the thing- in order to make it a threat in the crossover they had to move the Witchblade over to a stronger host.

leonidas
Originally posted by Q99
That's the thing- in order to make it a threat in the crossover they had to move the Witchblade over to a stronger host.

agreed. i wonder what the witchblade would do if given to darkness or magdalena though? the spear could certainly do harm to the ss as well. he CAN be stabbed and incapacitated by magical weapons. it's been done to him before. i just don't see anyway they could actually hit him. maybe if darkness covered him in demons to slow him or something? reaching. there are too many ways for ss to win.

Q99
agreed. i wonder what the witchblade would do if given to darkness or magdalena though? the spear could certainly do harm to the ss as well. he CAN be stabbed and incapacitated by magical weapons. it's been done to him before. i just don't see anyway they could actually hit him. maybe if darkness covered him in demons to slow him or something? reaching. there are too many ways for ss to win.

The Darkness can't use it (and if he did, it'd likely be less than effective, redundant more than anything else. They aren't designed to work with each other, the three powers exist in balance with each other), and the Magdalena probably couldn't either but at minimum wouldn't be much stronger, her powers are pretty minor and more Angelus-related.

The darklings and constructs the Darkness uses would be easy to brush aside, and they're his best tool. Though having them erupt from Surfer's own shadow on the board would likely be startling.

leonidas
Originally posted by Q99
The Darkness can't use it (and if he did, it'd likely be less than effective, redundant more than anything else. They aren't designed to work with each other, the three powers exist in balance with each other), and the Magdalena probably couldn't either but at minimum wouldn't be much stronger, her powers are pretty minor and more Angelus-related.

The darklings and constructs the Darkness uses would be easy to brush aside, and they're his best tool. Though having them erupt from Surfer's own shadow on the board would likely be startling.

cool. i remembered there was some restriction between the powers but couldn't remember exactly what.

they really don't have any chance.

Q99
cool. i remembered there was some restriction between the powers but couldn't remember exactly what.

The Darkness and the Angelus are opposing forces with the Witchblade as the balance.

Also remember, the Witchblade chomped a *lot* of arms of unworthy people in between it's hosts, and I think... one guy? was ever able to wield it, and even then it was basically using some other magic to get it iirc, not really being considered properly chosen.

leonidas
Originally posted by Q99
The Darkness and the Angelus are opposing forces with the Witchblade as the balance.

Also remember, the Witchblade chomped a *lot* of arms of unworthy people in between it's hosts, and I think... one guy? was ever able to wield it, and even then it was basically using some other magic to get it iirc, not really being considered properly chosen.

thumb up

been years since i glanced through those top cow. i actually enjoyed the marvel x-over though where mephisto was causing havok. there was also a superman/darkness x-over i sort of enjoyed. his demons caused kal some problems which is why i wondered if the demons could hinder ss somehow. i actually think in a book there might be some semi-plausible way for the team to MAYBE score a win just because of their magic and ss's character. in a forum setting i can't see anyway for the team to win.

Sin I AM
SS has no inherent weakness to magic, like clark

Q99
Yea, that they're magic might help out, but on the flip side, the Darknesses' stuff all dissolves in light, and everything they have is relatively fragile next to Surfer's attack power (then again, what isn't?).

leonidas
Originally posted by Sin I AM
SS has no inherent weakness to magic, like clark

he has no innate defense either.... he can be--and has been--stabbed right through with a magic dagger. mephisto has melted his skin off. there are other instances. and superman doesn't have an inherent weakness--it's just that, like ss, he doesn't have any special defense. magic affects clark the same way it does everyone else most of the time.

Sin I AM
meh, Darkness skills just arent on the level when your talking premier heralds like Norrin. His constructs are too easily countered, and how would he even touch him?

leonidas
Originally posted by Sin I AM
meh, Darkness skills just arent on the level when your talking premier heralds like Norrin. His constructs are too easily countered, and how would he even touch him?

as was mentioned he could draw the demons from ss's shadow on his board (cool idea btw). but i'm still not sure they would be enough. like i said, i could see a comic battle between this group being a lot different from a forum battle.

the darkness is supposed to be 50% of reality and the entity itself is clearly abstract, but estacado is a major **** up. their mythology has mde it clear that it's not about the power, but about who weilds it.

jack had ben getting better with his constructs and molecular manipulation, but he's returned to his usual incompetent self now.
Besides, SS can just go radiant nova and wipe the darkness from the earth.

They have no hope of puting the SS down

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer assimilates Top Cow into Marvel.

Q99
Originally posted by 753
the darkness is supposed to be 50% of reality and the entity itself is clearly abstract, but estacado is a major **** up. their mythology has mde it clear that it's not about the power, but about who weilds it.

It's not just Jackie- most of the wielders have been equal or lesser than him.

Despite the cosmic importance of the forces, their hosts generally don't reflect that.

Prep-Man
There best bet is Ripclaw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.