Wonder Woman Vs Blackbolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Diana has no lasso. Who wins?

Bouboumaster
I want to say Black Bolt, because God is Wonder Woman a boring ass character, but I think that Diana win 6/10

King Castle
Wonder Woman blocks the scream with her bands like she does bullets...

current Wondy doesnt stand a chance

BruceSkywalker
Classic Diana stomps..

Current Diana loses badly

Sirius77
I haven't been keeping up wih current wonderwoman, why is she weak?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sirius77

she got depowered for her new arc.

Q99

Timeline was altered. NewDiana's like mid-meta in strength and toughness and speed (I think, it's hard to judge). She *just* learned to fly and gained the lasso. I don't think she has the cut-all tiara. She has bracers but they haven't demonstrated aegis effect and almost certainly don't have the lightning option. She's not nearly as experienced.

Basically, NewDiana is a different character. Slowly things are bleeding back and there's signs the timeline is trying to right itself, but she is not the herald-level, champion of pantheons powerhouse classic Diana is.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Q99
Timeline was altered. NewDiana's like mid-meta in strength and toughness and speed (I think, it's hard to judge). She *just* learned to fly and gained the lasso. I don't think she has the cut-all tiara. She has bracers but they haven't demonstrated aegis effect and almost certainly don't have the lightning option. She's not nearly as experienced.

Basically, NewDiana is a different character. Slowly things are bleeding back and there's signs the timeline is trying to right itself, but she is not the herald-level, champion of pantheons powerhouse classic Diana is.

Damn that's really not cool at all. I took a break after "Rise of The Olympian". Now I'll just find and buy more back issues.

Sirius77
So she's basically like wondergirl.... damn DC, that was a mistake lol.

Is the arc interesting?

MrMind
So she's basically like wondergirl.... damn DC, that was a mistake lol.

Is the arc interesting?
I hate the art. and just the last issue WW got stabbed through by a spear. JMS is the worst writer ever.

King Castle
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/8556/wonderw1.jpg

Black bolt z
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Classic Diana stomps..

Current Diana loses badly She is not stomping him.

Classic wondy wins. 5.5/10.

Current apparently loses.

Q99
Classic Diana's one of the best people in the general level to go against BB, because her bracers do let her defend against the yell so well.

Originally posted by Marvelknight
Damn that's really not cool at all. I took a break after "Rise of The Olympian". Now I'll just find and buy more back issues.

You gotta finish off Gail's run smile The last story has an invasion by some *badass* aliens called the Citizenry (as in, kills GLs and incorporates a watered down version of their tech into their infantry gear level badass), and not long before that one there was also a cool WW/Power Girl fight.

Maybe?

It's hard to say. Issues 601-4 were her fighting various threats and learning to fly, during which time we really don't know much about her personality other than broad strokes, and it's only in 605 that we learn how she's living, see her interact with non-enemies more, and so on.

It's not badly done, the fights are cool, but I was on the fence for awhile over whether I should care (because, after all, we don't know this Diana much. Also her starting as a non-flier then gaining flight seems to be a pretty irrelevant plot point, never does lack of flight hamper her, then she gets it? Yay, I guess?), and we still aren't far enough in the arc to tell whether it'll really be worth it.

In the long run, it may be worth it, but it has a slow start in short.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Classic Diana's one of the best people in the general level to go against BB, because her bracers do let her defend against the yell so well.
He has a lot more than just yelling.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Mindset
He has a lot more than just yelling. I change my mind. You just reminded BB has versitility...dur1 me!

BB wins like 5.5/10.

Q99
Originally posted by Mindset
He has a lot more than just yelling.

Yes, he's quite good in HtH too, is strong and tough, can manipulate energy, etc..

But the Voice is his big equalizer/trump card in most fights with stronger heralds, and removing it greatly reduces his ability to turn a battle around. Throw in that Diana's one of the best melee heralds around, and he's got a pretty poor matchup.

She can shut down his best range and will beat him in melee to boot.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, he's quite good in HtH too, is strong and tough, can manipulate energy, etc..

But the Voice is his big equalizer/trump card in most fights with stronger heralds, and removing it greatly reduces his ability to turn a battle around. Throw in that Diana's one of the best melee heralds around, and he's got a pretty poor matchup. He doesn't even use his voice in most of his fights...

Q99
Originally posted by Black bolt z
He doesn't even use his voice in most of his fights...

Yes, but most of his fights are against people less powerful than Diana.

In most of his fights, it's his melee power than wins, and in that realm he is outclassed.

When he does fight people WW's level, he needs the Voice.

marwash22
Her bracers can stop something that can break a planet? bermm

They shouldn't have downgraded the character, but perhaps her trinkets are better served not being so hax.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99

In most of his fights, it's his melee power than wins, and in that realm he is outclassed.

When he does fight people WW's level, he needs the Voice. I disagree.

-Pr-
Originally posted by marwash22

They shouldn't have downgraded the character, but perhaps her trinkets are better served not being so hax.

pre JMS diana's bracer shield was almost unbreakable, yes.

chomperx9
Originally posted by King Castle
Wonder Woman blocks the scream with her bands like she does bullets...

current Wondy doesnt stand a chance I doubt that would Work. Black bolts scream can move a city. her bracers arent gonna block the entire area the scream is covering

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Q99

When he does fight people WW's level, he needs the Voice. He's no slouch in melee himself. But he can't match diana physically.

But he does have TP, electron manip, good reflexes(not better then diana but IMO enough to keep up) etc.

And while odds are he won't use more then a whisper will she be able to block it everytime? Just thinking if they are close up and he whispers...

And considering she can't restrain him with the lasso.

Q99

Yes, can and have. The Shattered God, Darksied's Omega Effect, she blocks all kinds of things with them.

You do realize they are the shield of Zeus reforged, right?

They're pretty much DC's equivalent to Captain America's shield in the defensive properties.

They manifest the aegis effect around them when crossed, which covers her.

marwash22
Originally posted by -Pr-
pre JMS diana's bracer shield was almost unbreakable, yes. i understand that, but how do they stop sound from reaching her ears?

-Pr-
i understand that, but how do they stop sound from reaching her ears?

magic, as cheap as it sounds.

Mindset
lol

Black bolt z
Originally posted by chomperx9
I doubt that would Work. Black bolts scream can move a city. her bracers arent gonna block the entire area the scream is covering It would be more then a city. His whisper busted a city. But her bracers can block that large of an area.

Lord_Talron
give them a break, they are trying to make diana something other than a overpowered/underpowered superman with boobs. cant say i like the outfit tho, they couldve been more creative

King Castle
I doubt that would Work. Black bolts scream can move a city. her bracers arent gonna block the entire area the scream is covering i was being sarcastic.. although, i am sure some will claim that crossing the bracers will create a shield to block it... roll eyes (sarcastic)

marwash22
magic, as cheap as it sounds. haermm2

heh, no more ridiculous than Juggy, DP or Lobo, i suppose.

Q99
The bracers don't have to block the city, they just have to block the bit that hits her smile

Yea, he'll still put up a fight with those, but she's still got the advantage. Telepathy's not very good against her, and I don't think electron manip can level the field. And aside from HtH power for her offense, she's got some weapons (tiara, the bracers can do lightning blasts) even sans lasso, and a nice speed advantage.

I don't really see him using the voice repeatedly, but even if he did it's quite possible for her to block it repeatedly, and if he was focusing on that strategy she'd probably try and rush and get behind him out of it's way or similar tactic. I think he'd be pretty drained by that strategy too, the voice does use a fair amount of power.

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
give them a break, they are trying to make diana something other than a overpowered/underpowered superman with boobs. cant say i like the outfit tho, they couldve been more creative

See: The 70s. It didn't work very well then smile

They'd be much better off using and building on the character that made her a famous icon in the first place.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Q99
The bracers don't have to block the city, they just have to block the bit that hits her smile

Yea, he'll still put up a fight with those, but she's still got the advantage. Telepathy's not very good against her, and I don't think electron manip can level the field. And aside from HtH power for her offense, she's got some weapons (tiara, the bracers can do lightning blasts) even sans lasso, and a nice speed advantage.

I don't really see him using the voice repeatedly, but even if he did it's quite possible for her to block it repeatedly, and if he was focusing on that strategy she'd probably try and rush and get behind him out of it's way or similar tactic. I think he'd be pretty drained by that strategy too, the voice does use a fair amount of power.

They'd be much better off using and building on the character that made her a famous icon in the first place. not saying they are going about it the right way but at least they see there is a problem.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Q99

They'd be much better off using and building on the character that made her a famous icon in the first place. Exactly. She's really good. I just see the electron manip giving him a small advantage. Like 5.2/10.

marwash22
Wondy wins. Even if her bracers couldn't magically block sound, she could just speedblitz and choke ftw.

King Castle
electron antenna still shoots electron's and just like to point out that Diana's tp resistance isnt remotely the same or close to what BB does when he screws with a person's neurons nor counts as conventional TP.

also i dont see a simple linear blitz to choke BB working that well for her..

marwash22
Tell that to the people who post scans of her "keeping up" with Wally.

Starscream M
has WW blocked something akin to soundwaves with her bracers? ie something that's area of effect damage as opposed to focused damage

King Castle
that is her running along side some one nothing special nor close to actual combat speed..

she is going to blitz to get close and then choke once she is choking she is no longer moving and a blast will screw her up..

Mindset
Tell that to the people who post scans of her "keeping up" with Wally. She can't keep up with Wally unless Wally allows her to.

-Pr-
Originally posted by King Castle
that is her running along side some one nothing special nor close to actual combat speed..

she is going to blitz to get close and then choke once she is choking she is no longer moving and a blast will screw her up..

it doesn't take as much combat speed to bullrush someone as it does raw acceleration.

marwash22
Originally posted by Starscream M
has WW blocked something akin to soundwaves with her bracers? ie something that's area of effect damage as opposed to focused damage Banshee, perhaps?

"Magic" apparently keeps sound from entering her ears.Originally posted by Mindset
She can't keep up with Wally unless Wally allows her to. that's what i say, but the Wondy supporters will take a scan of her running/flying aside him as evidence that she's just as fast as him or close.

-Pr-
Banshee, perhaps?

"Magic" apparently keeps sound from entering her ears. that's what i say, but the Wondy supporters will take a scan of her running/flying aside him as evidence that she's just as fast as him or close.

she is in her arse.

Lord_Talron
she is in her arse. pics or it didnt happen.

seriously, pics please.

King Castle
Banshee, perhaps?

"Magic" apparently keeps sound from entering her ears. that's what i say, but the Wondy supporters will take a scan of her running/flying aside him as evidence that she's just as fast as him or close. here is one i am not siding with her or anything just bringing it to your attention

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6950/wwropesjessie35ra.jpg

celeyhyga17
I dont like JMS wondy.. Bleh..
The bracers are key for a fight against Black Bolt's abilities..
I give classic Wondy the win here..6/10

tideoftime
This fight? Again?

There's already a thread for this out there... the only difference being her not having the lasso in this one...

"Standard" WW, with her Bracers/Aegis Effect (which can block powerful sound, as the scan in the other thread showed her crossing them and blocking a scream from Silver Swan), would be expected to win (stomp? NO... but generally at least get the majority 6/10). She's much stronger than him, much faster, and a much better fighter. Speed blitz isn't a given, as she's more finesse-based than raw speed-based as her "default" go-to, but she can *totally* make with the ultra-fast attacks when she perceives it necessary (as her most recent fight with Power Girl demonstrated, when Diana crossed hundreds of miles in a matter of seconds to counter-attack PG after PG punched her into Canada from D.C., and got the drop on PG in the process).

BB can definitely get his share, though, as one un-deflected scream can send Diana reeling and give him the win; however, her reflexes and power make such wins less expected than with most others, via her Bracers.

Ironically, her not having the lasso in this isn't the real factor -- the real question is: Can she win without her Bracers? (Even if she has the lasso, which can subdue him in an instant, it isn't a given that she would have the auto-drop, as such, and her resistance without the Bracers is dubious in this context).

chomperx9
It would be more then a city. His whisper busted a city. But her bracers can block that large of an area. lets say WW has her arms crossed standing on the ground in the middle of the street and cyclops wants to blast a bird on top of 50 story building thats about 1000 feet behind diana. her bracers on the ground are gonna block the blast that cyclops is aiming at, thats like 1000 feet above diana and a great distance behind her ?

celeyhyga17
Hmm..
There was a wondy vs bb thread..

basilisk
I think BB would take down current WW with little trouble.

Classic WW's speed would be a major problem, as would BB's quasi-sonic blast for her. But someone posted in the BB vs Wrecking Crew thread an example of BB using electron manipulation to shut down Maximus's mind, a tactic he has used a few times. If he got the chance to use it this would work on Wondy too - Amazo did basically the same thing to take her out.

So BB has a couple of options if he can survive a DC speedblitz.

carver9
I have a question, how fast does people think wondy reflexes are?

I know she is fast but how fast?

Marvelknight

They won't be getting one from me. DC just destroyed a very great character with strong foundations. I love WW the way she was. This new writer is an ass-Goblin mad

tideoftime
Originally posted by carver9
I have a question, how fast does people think wondy reflexes are?

I know she is fast but how fast?

Much faster than the speed of sound, hence her being able to deflect multiple machinegun fire (from multiple vectors) with relative ease. Fast enough to deflect heatvision attacks from a Superman who is himself already moving at superspeed-attack mode (that is, a light-speed energy attack from a source already moving at superspeed, itself).

Don't know how that would be interpretted by some people's standards, but almost certainly that is fast enough to deflect virtually any energy attack, especially if she isn't caught by surprise (as, in a Forum Fight, it is assumed opponents have Fair Knowledge of each other),particularly if her (albeit only very occasionally employed) Aegis Effect is used.

Q99
I don't see electron manip being enough to counter her speed, melee edge, and weapons.

lets say WW has her arms crossed standing on the ground in the middle of the street and cyclops wants to blast a bird on top of 50 story building thats about 1000 feet behind diana. her bracers on the ground are gonna block the blast that cyclops is aiming at, thats like 1000 feet above diana and a great distance behind her ?

Nope. It does not protect a large area, it protects her and what's behind her.

It wouldn't protect someone 5 feet to her left, let alone a thousand feet away.

If she wants a city protected, she calls a GL. They're good for that.

Maybe you're thinking of when she caught up with Jesse Quick?

There was a time when they had a casual race and Wally was keeping up with her going backwards, it's official that he's considerably faster.

She has the reflexes to react to him, but that's a different story.

Faster than Superman's, definitely.

Fast enough that she's hit Wally (Wally's serious speeds, on multiple occasions) and Zoom.

Warlord
Blackbolt

quanchi112
BB wins.

carver9
Originally posted by tideoftime
Much faster than the speed of sound, hence her being able to deflect multiple machinegun fire (from multiple vectors) with relative ease. Fast enough to deflect heatvision attacks from a Superman who is himself already moving at superspeed-attack mode (that is, a light-speed energy attack from a source already moving at superspeed, itself).

Don't know how that would be interpretted by some people's standards, but almost certainly that is fast enough to deflect virtually any energy attack, especially if she isn't caught by surprise (as, in a Forum Fight, it is assumed opponents have Fair Knowledge of each other),particularly if her (albeit only very occasionally employed) Aegis Effect is used.

Ok... I agree with your post.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Q99

Nope. It does not protect a large area, it protects her and what's behind her.

It wouldn't protect someone 5 feet to her left, let alone a thousand feet away.

If she wants a city protected, she calls a GL. They're good for that.

thats how I was looking it as but some people on here are upgrading her bracers as if she can block areas all around her if she wanted to just with her bracers.

-Pr-
pics or it didnt happen.

seriously, pics please.

i wish.

Originally posted by Marvelknight
They won't be getting one from me. DC just destroyed a very great character with strong foundations. I love WW the way she was. This new writer is an ass-Goblin mad

it'll go back to normal soon enough, don't worry.

Q99
So, of the BB supporters here, who thinks he'd beat Superman, who doesn't have a good way to cancel the scream?

What if he wasn't allowed to use his scream, what'd the odds be there?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Q99
So, of the BB supporters here, who thinks he'd beat Superman, who doesn't have a good way to cancel the scream?

What if he wasn't allowed to use his scream, what'd the odds be there? Cool, What ifs.

What if Wonder Woman didn't have the bracelets here? What if Wonder Woman didn't have super speed, super strength, or super durability here?
What if Wonder Woman wasn't a woman at all?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Cool, What ifs.

What if Wonder Woman didn't have the bracelets here? What if Wonder Woman didn't have super speed, super strength, or super durability here?

If you add, "what if WW wasn't an interesting character" to your list, I'd say the answer would be "he'd be Wolverine".

marwash22
Still going with Wondy on this one. If what's been said about her bracers being able to block sound holds true, even if she blitzes BB and he's quick enough to react with a scream, she can block it... that said, BB has no advantage in this this fight.

Q99
Cool, What ifs.

Without bracers is a reasonable question, since she has, rarely, gone without them and their presence is the main thing that lets her safely handle BB's most dangerous weapon (without it, she'd either have to dodge it, possible but less safe than blocking which can be done in combination with dodging, or try and tank it, a very bad idea). The others go too far off relevant.

Drawing analogies to other characters or asking how particular things affect a fight are reasonable debate questions.

Black bolt z
Still going with Wondy on this one. If what's been said about her bracers being able to block sound holds true, even if she blitzes BB and he's quick enough to react with a scream, she can block it... that said, BB has no advantage in this this fight. Not true about him having no advantage. TP, energy manip, matter manip, the coolest attack ever.

Just much more versitile then wonder woman. I'm not saying thats going to win him the fight i'm just saying he doesn't have no advantages.

I'm tossed up. But because BB is my boy I give him a slight majority.

quanchi112
Cool, What ifs.

What if Wonder Woman wasn't a woman at all? If WW was a man she'd be a lot stronger since she would have more testosterone in her system. Wonder_man would be uber.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
If WW was a man she'd be a lot stronger since she would have more testosterone in her system. Wonder_man would be uber. laughing out loud

Or Wonder-Mann.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99

When he does fight people WW's level, he needs the Voice.

Black Bolt has held his own against Namor, Gladiator, Hulk and Thor in hand to hand combat.

Try again.

Prep-Man
All those guys aren't as skilled as Diana. WW.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Prep-Man
All those guys aren't as skilled as Diana. WW. Yet 3 of the 4 are physically stronger.

Prep-Man
not by much. i wonder how bb will deal wiith magical lightning

Omega Vision
Yet 3 of the 4 are physically stronger.
They're all slower though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
All those guys aren't as skilled as Diana. WW.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Black Bolt has held his own against Namor, Gladiator, Hulk and Thor in hand to hand combat.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Q99
Without bracers is a reasonable question, since she has, rarely, gone without them and their presence is the main thing that lets her safely handle BB's most dangerous weapon (without it, she'd either have to dodge it, possible but less safe than blocking which can be done in combination with dodging, or try and tank it, a very bad idea). The others go too far off relevant.

Drawing analogies to other characters or asking how particular things affect a fight are reasonable debate questions. Where do we draw the line then when all what ifs are irrelevant unless stated in the OP?

"That's not really relevant, but it's way more relevant than that!!!"

Q99
Rage.Of.Olympus- Even Thor generally isn't portrayed as HtH skilled as Diana IMO, he's good but it's less often that he's portrayed as just out-skilling someone (Herc's acknowledged as a bit more HtH skilled for example). Also as others noted, speed.

Also, while BB can hold his own, can he beat Hulk, Thor, or Gladiator without his voice, or just give them a good fight?

Where do we draw the line then when all what ifs are irrelevant unless stated in the OP?

"That's not really relevant, but it's way more relevant than that!!!"

When things start to go really off-topic and stop involving the characters in situations that relate to the op. Drawing comparisons to how someone would do against similar powered characters isn't it. I.e. pointing out other people BB has done well against in melee is good, but wondering how he'd do without his powers would be pretty pointless.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Q99
When things start to go really off-topic and stop involving the characters in situations that relate to the op. Drawing comparisons to how someone would do against similar powered characters isn't it. I.e. pointing out other people BB has done well against in melee is good, but wondering how he'd do without his powers would be pretty pointless. Right, off topic, like talking about something not in this thread. Like BB without his voice.

Wondering how he'd do without his powers... interesting how you say this when you were talking about taking away his most powerful power.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
Rage.Of.Olympus- Even Thor generally isn't portrayed as HtH skilled as Diana IMO, he's good but it's less often that he's portrayed as just out-skilling someone (Herc's acknowledged as a bit more HtH skilled for example). Also as others noted, speed.

Also, while BB can hold his own, can he beat Hulk, Thor, or Gladiator without his voice, or just give them a good fight?

Unfortunately I'm not and never have been impressed by Diana's supposed hand to hand skills. At least compared to her fan base. More bark than bite. Thor might not be as fancy as her, but his just as effective.

So that's another category Hercules edges Diana out in.

Using only his physical strength? I'd wager no. Fortunately, he has vast energy manipulation abilities ranging from transmutation to stat amping to his famous voice.

Prep-Man
like i told u rage, thor sucks at hth. same with hulk. diana is superior in the hth department compared to bb.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt113/zombie666/obama.jpg

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

As I recall you were never able to show that Thor was all that impressive skill wise in the Comic Book MA thread. You just harped about how he's got "thousands of years of experience"

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
As I recall you were never able to show that Thor was all that impressive skill wise in the Comic Book MA thread. You just harped about how he's got "thousands of years of experience"

Really? I find that very hard to believe unless I was purposefully dragging shit out for some alternative reason such as amusement.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Posted all of the notable skill feats of Thor I could find at the bottom of this page: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=522796&pagenumber=15

And on top of this page: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=522796&pagenumber=16

Prep-Man
has thor ever faced a skilled fighter and won?

Mindset
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/TOTO-LERO/gifs/eeeb3ec1fe8cd629748ba52008c0c28bfe0.gif

jalek moye
They're all slower though.

her and gladiator are about the same in that area

Black bolt z
They're all slower though. Gladiator is slower then Diana erm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.