Alex Mercer vs Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGoldenSpy
yep.

Insomnia1234
Alex breaks tanks and helicopters.
Akuma walks into the sea, kicks a submarine into pieces.

No contest at all. Akuma wins.

mattatom
Mercer takes Akuma, uses a devastator or Muscle mass.

TheGoldenSpy
There aren't any submarines in Prototype but I don't see why he couldn't do the same.

NemeBro
Gouki destroyed an island with a punch. no expression

He destroys Mercer with a punch.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by mattatom
Mercer takes Akuma, uses a devastator or Muscle mass.

Useless, as in Mercer canot match Gouki's speed or physical strength at even his most buffed out best.

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
There aren't any submarines in Prototype but I don't see why he couldn't do the same.

Because Mercer never demonstrated that he could do those things, whereas Gouki has. Mercer fought the Supreme Hunter atop the Regan, Gouki could simply throw the Regan at the Supreme Hunter and be tone with it.

Oh, and when Alex can sink to Manhattan island, come see me.

TheGoldenSpy
Really? He can lift the entire thing? When was he ever shown to be that strong.

Also, I tried to find where Akuma destroyed the island but couldn't find it which game does that happen in?

BloodRawEngine
In one of Ryu's endings in the Street Fighter Alpha series, I believe.

Darkstorm Zero
9TtwRoLbOAo
Island Sinking.

sawFg3DeTJU
Standing on the ocean floor atop a sunken ship, before instantly rising it to the surface and destroying both the ship & a nearby submarine.

zmXxpl6oSNI
And as a bonus, I give you this, his latest ending shows him using a technique which breaches orbit and wipes out a forest with it's recoil.

TheGoldenSpy
Had no idea he was that strong. So I assume he doesn't spam those attacks all the time does he? Otherwise ryu would have been disenigrated lol.

It seems Akuma can beat mercer most of the time. I say most because while he is powerful he typically holds back that level of power and even if alex isn't as strong or as fast he's has some very destructive capabilities and is quite mobile, it's very possible that akuma will fight h2h and alex can absorb him and take his powers.

Shin Akuma 5/0 Alex Mercer
Akuma 3.5/1.5 Alex

Akuma 8.5/10 imo

Darkstorm Zero
Had no idea he was that strong. So I assume he doesn't spam those attacks all the time does he? Otherwise ryu would have been disenigrated lol.

It seems Akuma can beat mercer most of the time. I say most because while he is powerful he typically holds back that level of power and even if alex isn't as strong or as fast he's has some very destructive capabilities and is quite mobile, it's very possible that akuma will fight h2h and alex can absorb him and take his powers.

Shin Akuma 5/0 Alex Mercer
Akuma 3.5/1.5 Alex

Akuma 8.5/10 imo

Akuma held well back during his fights with Ryu, But he wont be holding back against Mercer, He has no reason to. Not to mention that Not holding back, and going all out are two very different things for Akuma... If he goes all out, he is in a much more powerful state that what I have demonstrated here.

Alex probably can;t absorb Akuma without weakening him though, Akuma's energy manip would block almost any attempt from Alex to try that...

TheGoldenSpy
Akuma holds back against everyone almost all the time except that one time where he killed bison. He was fighting and was about to kill gen until he found out he was sick. Gen may not be normal human, but I doubt he can take that amount of force constantly, he is an old man after all. And in SF 3 I just watched, he uses 2 hands against oro, who was using one.

And I don't see the difference between not him holding back and going all out.

Not Holding Back = Going at full power
Going all out = Going at full power.

Has he ever done anything more destructive than destroying the island? SF3 was the furthest in the series and he had grey hair. It was him at his most powerful and while destroying the ship is incredible, it doesn't make him to be much more powerful than before. Nuking the the tree's, destroying the ships, sinking the island (lol islands don't float) those are all isolated instances with him seemingly greatly focusing the attacks. Seems like these are glimpses of shin akuma, his true power.

Still, I think he has mercer beat most of the time, the only time alex can beat him is if akuma doesn't go all out, like usual. He can cut him up with his blade weapon, or damage him with his ground spike attacks, which covers a large surrounding area pretty fast unless akuma is durable. Tries looking for the respect thread but didn't see anything about his defenses. Not many can resist being absorbed, hunters and super soldiers can resist for a bit and only because they have the same virus as him.

Darkstorm Zero
Akuma holds back against everyone almost all the time except that one time where he killed bison. He was fighting and was about to kill gen until he found out he was sick. Gen may not be normal human, but I doubt he can take that amount of force constantly, he is an old man after all. And in SF 3 I just watched, he uses 2 hands against oro, who was using one.

Oro being a 150 years old Senin is a mystic, and Oro's method of holding back is only using one arm. Gouki's methods of holding back is literally cutting himself off from the Satsui No Hadou.

And I don't see the difference between not him holding back and going all out.

Not Holding Back = Going at full power
Going all out = Going at full power.

The big difference is that in the Alpha 2 fight against Ryu, he was holding back far more than usual. Which makes the Island Sunker even more impressive.

Has he ever done anything more destructive than destroying the island? SF3 was the furthest in the series and he had grey hair. It was him at his most powerful and while destroying the ship is incredible, it doesn't make him to be much more powerful than before. Nuking the the tree's, destroying the ships, sinking the island (lol islands don't float) those are all isolated instances with him seemingly greatly focusing the attacks. Seems like these are glimpses of shin akuma, his true power.

Depends on where you look.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/26617/506297-shinakuma_end_super.jpg

This is a possible example of Shin Akuma's full might. Although the source is non canon- it's his ending montage from CFE, However, thats one of the 2 games that features Shin Akuma as his own entity. if this is given credance, then perhaps Frisky Dingo's theory of a continent destroying capability may yet have merit.

Still, I think he has mercer beat most of the time, the only time alex can beat him is if akuma doesn't go all out, like usual. He can cut him up with his blade weapon, or damage him with his ground spike attacks, which covers a large surrounding area pretty fast unless akuma is durable. Tries looking for the respect thread but didn't see anything about his defenses. Not many can resist being absorbed, hunters and super soldiers can resist for a bit and only because they have the same virus as him.

No, Hunters, especially leaders can resiset because they have more than one brain stem and spine, this is stated by Dr. Ragland.

Akuma can resist because he has to survive his own attacks to start with. I mean, the Sekya Kuretsuha wiped out a forest with it's recoil, the focal point of that recoil would be Akuma's arm, his arm survived undamaged comared to the forest surrounding him, which was cratered very badly.

And there's no way of knowing if Alex can breach his aura.

TheGoldenSpy
Or, much more likely, he wasn't using that level of power during the fight and only demonstrated that until the end of the fight, to show ryu what he can achive if he joins the dark side.

Non-canon sources are as good as fanfiction, if the word of SF god says it isn't part of the storyline, atleast for this thread,

And he seems to be amping himself with powerful ki-magic in that instance. I don't really think it necessarily means he would be able to take an attack that powerful on his body.

EDIT.

Take a good look. In those pics it seems like that meteor is bigger than earth itself, but looking closely you can see those pictures are dipicted as taken from behind the meteor. This explains why it didn't look that big compared to akuma. So yeah, doesn't imply continent busting even if canon.

Darkstorm Zero
Or, much more likely, he wasn't using that level of power during the fight and only demonstrated that until the end of the fight, to show ryu what he can achive if he joins the dark side.

Not really, no. Akuma fought far more dangerous and powerful opponents in that form both before and since that fight. And we don't see Akuma powering up or charging the attack which leads me to beleive that there was no substantial jump in the power he wielded against Ryu.

Non-canon sources are as good as fanfiction, if the word of SF god says it isn't part of the storyline, atleast for this thread,

Exept there is very little onscreen evidence for Shin Akuma besides this and CVS2, unless we count SVC Chaos, which would be retarded, since Chaos was made by SNK.

And he seems to be amping himself with powerful ki-magic in that instance. I don't really think it necessarily means he would be able to take an attack that powerful on his body.

He always has that aura and power though. Even ingame. it's more visible when he focuses it, but it's always there. He's not a DBZ character that requires a powerup when he does big moves.

Instance #1: http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/akuma-ts-w1.gif

Instance #2: http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/x-akuma.gif

Instance #3: http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/hd-akuma-ending.jpg This one is from his SF2 HD ending, he's just standing idle and the aura is there...

Instance #4: http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/akuma-purple.gif Even when wounded, the aura is there.

Need I go on?

Take a good look. In those pics it seems like that meteor is bigger than earth itself, but looking closely you can see those pictures are dipicted as taken from behind the meteor. This explains why it didn't look that big compared to akuma. So yeah, doesn't imply continent busting even if canon.

Check the last panel, the actual size of the asteroid is still pretty substantial, not moon sized substantial, but more than enough to sink most continents. i'm talking about continents like Aftrica, North & South America (individually) Australia, and Antarctica. he couldn't sink Asia or Europe becuase those two are connected interlacedly and the two together from the single biggest landmass on the planet.

TheGoldenSpy
"Not really, no. Akuma fought far more dangerous and powerful opponents in that form both before and since that fight. And we don't see Akuma powering up or charging the attack which leads me to beleive that there was no substantial jump in the power he wielded against Ryu."

lol this is why I hate that cliche of characters holding back. Simply with a statement like that makes them seem way more powerful then they might be without actually ever demonstrating anything and makes gauging the character harder than they really should be.

IMO opinion, we should go with what they show rather than what they say they could.

It is possible for akuma to control his own power. And it would be silly if ryu was really able to take those attacks without getting splattered.

If there is a lack of official shin akuma appearences then there is a lack of official akuma appearences. Doesn't mean we can use non canon material as canon.

No. The astroid was already flying back above orbit in the last panel. Akuma hit it in earths atmosphere. It was too far away from earth. The astroid looks like the size of a large house using akuma as a comparison.

Darkstorm Zero
lol this is why I hate that cliche of characters holding back. Simply with a statement like that makes them seem way more powerful then they might be without actually ever demonstrating anything and makes gauging the character harder than they really should be.

Exept, cliche or not, thats what happened

IMO opinion, we should go with what they show rather than what they say they could.

And we are.

It is possible for akuma to control his own power. And it would be silly if ryu was really able to take those attacks without getting splattered.

Perhaps it would be, However, we cannot ignore the fact that it happened either to satisfy suspension of disbeleif. And Ryu only now has caught up to Akuma's Alpha 2 power levels, and we now he's not throwing around island destroying punches every other attack.

If there is a lack of official shin akuma appearences then there is a lack of official akuma appearences. Doesn't mean we can use non canon material as canon.

Wrong. Shin Akuma, is Akuma going all out. based on that alone, I can say we have not seen Akuma unleashing all he has yet.

No. The astroid was already flying back above orbit in the last panel. Akuma hit it in earths atmosphere. It was too far away from earth. The astroid looks like the size of a large house using akuma as a comparison.

How do you get a house sized asteroid from this?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/Sizecomparative.jpg

There's nothing deceptive about this particular panel, The panel your reffering could be sinply one pixel next to this, and a house on earth would not even be a Blemish on a pixel in this one.

I made a single yellow pixel on Earth here as well to give you an idea of just how tiny it is, and how much smaller a house would be...

TheGoldenSpy
"Exept, cliche or not, thats what happened"

What did? He says he holds himself back. Do we know to what extent?

We are going by what he has done. He sank an island. The assumption that he held back or him somehow holding an unknown amount of power back makes it more impressive or means he can achieve more is what I disagree with.

"I can say we have not seen Akuma unleashing all he has yet."

Yes we have. He doesn't go around destroying ships or forests and sinking islands at will does he? Those are his most impressive feats, that's what his limit is shown to be.

Uhhhh, I got the house size from using akuma as a comparison, I explained this. He jumps up in the fourth panel, and he was fairly close to it, and the area surrounding him was orange, like the atmosphere and the heat surrounding it was curving. If it were really continent sized we wouldn't be able to discern a curve from that distance then in the panel you highlighted, the astroid is already flying back out of earths orbit. It only looks that big because big things like earth tend to look closer than they are when compared to smaller things.

Doesn't even matter though. That isn't even canon.

Darkstorm Zero
What did? He says he holds himself back. Do we know to what extent?

Enough to not splayyer Ryu into a fine red mist?

We are going by what he has done. He sank an island. The assumption that he held back or him somehow holding an unknown amount of power back makes it more impressive or means he can achieve more is what I disagree with.

if he is holding himself back during the feats then it obviously means he can acheive more, by how much is the unknown quantity. The point being is that these are the highest feats we have seen, and if he can acheive more... and the feat itself trups his opponents best feats, then onviously the match is won by Akuma.

Yes we have. He doesn't go around destroying ships or forests and sinking islands at will does he? Those are his most impressive feats, that's what his limit is shown to be.

Exept that same evidence states that it's not his peak either. And while I hate speculation as much as anyone, the unknown degree of his strength is a big one, but also one that cannot be argued. The only way we can therefore debate him is if we use what is known as a "Watered Down" version. We know he doesn't go around cracking landscapes apart, but we know he is capable of doing so, and probably more, and since here at KMC, unless stated otherwise, every character is at their 100% best in every match, even if it is technically theoretical.

Uhhhh, I got the house size from using akuma as a comparison, I explained this. He jumps up in the fourth panel, and he was fairly close to it, and the area surrounding him was orange, like the atmosphere and the heat surrounding it was curving. If it were really continent sized we wouldn't be able to discern a curve from that distance then in the panel you highlighted, the astroid is already flying back out of earths orbit. It only looks that big because big things like earth tend to look closer than they are when compared to smaller things.

Doesn't even matter though. That isn't even canon.

Your using the convex from th 4th panel? Ok, hows about we try this then,using your own logic, I can say that we don't know how far Akuma is away from the asteroid during that panel at all do we?

TheGoldenSpy
"Enough to not splayyer Ryu into a fine red mist?"

And then using his true power to sink the island.

"if he is holding himself back during the feats then it obviously means he can acheive more, by how much is the unknown quantity. The point being is that these are the highest feats we have seen, and if he can acheive more... and the feat itself trups his opponents best feats, then onviously the match is won by Akuma."

Then it's just as justified to speculate that his power goes from destroying an island with a car on it to him being able to to destroy a galaxy. I already said Akuma won.

"
Exept that same evidence states that it's not his peak either. And while I hate speculation as much as anyone, the unknown degree of his strength is a big one, but also one that cannot be argued. The only way we can therefore debate him is if we use what is known as a "Watered Down" version. We know he doesn't go around cracking landscapes apart, but we know he is capable of doing so, and probably more, and since here at KMC, unless stated otherwise, every character is at their 100% best in every match, even if it is technically theoretical."

Then give me an official source saying how much his power increases in his shin form.

"I can say that we don't know how far Akuma is away from the asteroid during that panel at all do we?"

He is right next to it.

Darkstorm Zero
And then using his true power to sink the island.

Based on what? There was no jump in power when he did it, no charging, no nothing...

Then it's just as justified to speculate that his power goes from destroying an island with a car on it to him being able to to destroy a galaxy. I already said Akuma won.

Perhaps it is... I dunno, every apperance of Akuma has him doing more and more unbeleivable things, he's on the verge of entering Darkstalker territory...

Then give me an official source saying how much his power increases in his shin form.

Thats just it, nobody knows, even the Asteroid thing is simply a guestimate.

He is right next to it.

Not going by the logic you used in the revious panels... I can just as easily make the argument that the Asteroid is well off into the background in that picture and he's winding up his shot... *Shrugs*

TheGoldenSpy
"There was no jump in power when he did it, no charging, no nothing..."

"He's not a DBZ character that requires a powerup when he does big
moves."

The astroid thing doesn't count at all. As valid as fanfiction.

"Not going by the logic you used in the revious panels... I can just as easily make the argument that the Asteroid is well off into the background in that picture and he's winding up his shot... *Shrugs*"

It's not actually my personal logic, we have a hard time percieving the size of things when we don't realize or know the scale or distance. Does the comic state it's size anywhere? If it does I concede.

Try following the curve of heat out of the panel where akuma is next to the astroid with your mouse. It would only cover something the size of a large building. Continent sized is rediculously out of the question lol.

Darkstorm Zero
"There was no jump in power when he did it, no charging, no nothing..."

"He's not a DBZ character that requires a powerup when he does big
moves."

I know what I said, but there's no evidence he was trying any harder with Ryu than that.

Then we have the Uuluru feat...

8WWeKgW0zfE @ 03:53 to 04:31

45mKw5biMqg This one's probably a better vid

The astroid thing doesn't count at all. As valid as fanfiction.

I know that, but you asked for Shin Akuma specific feats, and CVS2 and CFE where the only valid ones where he appeared as a separate entity.

It's not actually my personal logic, we have a hard time percieving the size of things when we don't realize or know the scale or distance. Does the comic state it's size anywhere? If it does I concede.

Try following the curve of heat out of the panel where akuma is next to the astroid with your mouse. It would only cover something the size of a large building. Continent sized is rediculously out of the question lol.

It was stated at being enough to wipe out all life on earth... You'd need a multi KM wide asteroid to get that kind of result.

TheGoldenSpy
"I know what I said, but there's no evidence he was trying any harder with Ryu than that."

Did his strikes turn ryu into paste during the fight? Nope.
Is busting in island his best feat? Seems that it is.

Common sense indicates that he powered himself up vastly compared to when he was fighting ryu.

"It was stated at being enough to wipe out all life on earth... You'd need a multi KM wide asteroid to get that kind of result."

So they didn't state the size?

Well they either obviously exagerated because it's clear to me that it's no bigger than a large building.

Unless Akuma can grow to the size of a small city. stick out tongue

Darkstorm Zero
Did his strikes turn ryu into paste during the fight? Nope.
Is busting in island his best feat? Seems that it is.

Indeed

Common sense indicates that he powered himself up vastly compared to when he was fighting ryu.

Or Ryu is pretty damn durable...

So they didn't state the size?

Well they either obviously exagerated because it's clear to me that it's no bigger than a large building.

Unless Akuma can grow to the size of a small city. stick out tongue

Clear how? Like I said, you can draw all sorts of conclusions based on that, but the blaringly obvious facts are that A: The asteroid was a planetary threat, capable of wiping out all life, and B: Akuma destroyed it.

based on these two facts, the Asteroid was considerably larger than a building. As I said, to be a planetary threat requires at least 1 KM in diameter at minimal velocity. The explosion in the picture is indicative of a far larger mass than that.

I'm not saying it's a 500KM monster like this: LlF8APEkh-E But it's certainly not bloody house sized, not for the panic it causes... if it where house sized, it would burn up before touching ground...

No End N Site
Just wanna throw this out there. ALL of Akuma's known feats are him using his moves while holdin' back. I think when Akuma really goes all out, he looks like Oni Akuma.

NemeBro
Oni Akuma is the Akuma that is appearing in a new arcade SFIV right?

Tha C-Master
I don't like feat skewing. It seems like some of the vs forums rely on that. Every media isn't argued the same. This is why people think guys like DD can beat Ryu and Wolverine by "best feats" and "statements" knowing that video game characters don't demonstrate "feats" the same way that comic characters do. It's pretty bad with more popular characters. Akuma does hold back in all of those feats. We don't know his maximum level. But even then it is sufficient to use in most matches anyways.

I wish they were more clear with guys like Ryu and Ken though, at least Akuma has a bunch of clear cut feats to use in a match. Ryu and Ken and most other characters are generally lacking.

TheGoldenSpy
"Or Ryu is pretty damn durable..."

Really now? So now Akuma wasn't holding back and Ryu was taking island busting attacks through the whole fight?

And my problem with that is what they (fallible desperate humans)say and what we can actually see with our own eyes (akuma is around 5'10"wink I just don't see how it can possible be any bigger than a large building. Remember, it's fiction and not everything has to be the way it is in real life.

See the attached image. If they stated the size ANYWHERE in that comic what the size was I will concede and dismiss this as simply an oversight by the artist. But as it stands I am not even remotely convinced and I really don't feel like arguing this in circles.
Probably my last reply unless good evidence for the actual size is provided. confused

No End N Site
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I don't like feat skewing. It seems like some of the vs forums rely on that. Every media isn't argued the same. This is why people think guys like DD can beat Ryu and Wolverine by "best feats" and "statements" knowing that video game characters don't demonstrate "feats" the same way that comic characters do. It's pretty bad with more popular characters. Akuma does hold back in all of those feats. We don't know his maximum level. But even then it is sufficient to use in most matches anyways.

I wish they were more clear with guys like Ryu and Ken though, at least Akuma has a bunch of clear cut feats to use in a match. Ryu and Ken and most other characters are generally lacking.

I see what you mean. Ryu's some pretty good displays of his abilities, too. Ken, my fav, is still lacking. Chun Li however, since SFIV, she has some pretty badass feats of chi and power.

"Or Ryu is pretty damn durable..."

Really now? So now Akuma wasn't holding back and Ryu was taking island busting attacks through the whole fight?

And my problem with that is what they (fallible desperate humans) and what we can actually see with our own eyes (akuma is around 5'10"wink I just don't see how it can possible be any bigger than a large building. Remember, it's fiction and not everything has to be the way it is in real life.

See the attached image. If they stated the size ANYWHERE in that comic what the size was I will concede and dismiss this as simply an oversight by the artist. But as it stands I am not even remotely convinced and I really don't feel like arguing this in circles.
Probably my last reply unless good evidence for the actual size is provided. wacko wacko wacko wacko

Yea, Akuma was holdin' back when he destroyed the island too.

TheGoldenSpy
"Yea, Akuma was holdin' back when he destroyed the island too."

How do you know that and by what extent?

Tha C-Master
Ryu has a few. But I mean some more striking power ones. Within general canon. I liked his video when he turned Evil for a second against C. Viper.

No End N Site
"Yea, Akuma was holdin' back when he destroyed the island too."

How do you know that and by what extent?

Let's see. Shin Akuma has white hair, purple gi, and purple chi. Then there's ANOTHER form recently revealed that has'em with blue skin, constant aura and electricity, white hair and no shirt. A level beyond Shin.

So yes, Akuma was holdin' back more than half his power, if not more. It's the equivalent of Oro using one hand and lower than half his chi.

Ryu has a few. But I mean some more striking power ones. Within general canon. I liked his video when he turned Evil for a second against C. Viper.

Yeah he lacks that. Altho, by the time of SFIII, Ryu surpaces Evil Ryu so what you see in the vid is still not Ryu at full power.

Darkstorm Zero

Thats not what I said, I said even Akuma's power being withheld as much as it was, he was still able to sink the island. If Ryu can tank hits like that, then he's pretty damn durable, and even moreso is Akuma's potential releasted power.

And my problem with that is what they (fallible desperate humans)say and what we can actually see with our own eyes (akuma is around 5'10"wink I just don't see how it can possible be any bigger than a large building. Remember, it's fiction and not everything has to be the way it is in real life.

reffer to my pic, I can say the same thing. You can argue that they where exagerating, but the whole world thought the world was going to end, Why would ALL of them be wrong? Including scientists and astronomers that took the pics? As I stated, 1KM for extinction level event is required. House sized is not a threat as it would be burned up before hitting ground.

Probably my last reply unless good evidence for the actual size is provided. confused

It's not my job to convince the opposition, merely to present the facts. Like I previously stated, it's not some moon sized monster asteroid, but it is an extinction level causing asteroid, that requires a certain size or better. The minimum is single digit Kilometers at the very least to cause planetwide extinction.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/2ndSizecomparative.jpg

I would say this is more than enough.

Oh, you mean this? zIag3-8yhIw

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by No End N Site
Let's see. Shin Akuma has white hair, purple gi, and purple chi. Then there's ANOTHER form recently revealed that has'em with blue skin, constant aura and electricity, white hair and no shirt. A level beyond Shin.

So yes, Akuma was holdin' back more than half his power, if not more. It's the equivalent of Oro using one hand and lower than half his chi. Did it confirm to be beyond Shin? That's nuts.

No End N Site
Did it confirm to be beyond Shin? That's nuts.

Yup. You see, Shin Akuma is already in the game, he's a secret boss. this version now, is an even more powerful Akuma. Which is crazy cuz Shin Akuma has barely been explored.

Tha C-Master
I can't wait!

Insomnia1234
The picture about akuma destroyed an astroid comes from the comic "street fighter". It's published by UDON under Capcom's license. But Capcom has stated that the series draws not only on the established Street Fighter canon, but also occasionally addresses various continuity retcons, and even draws from fanon and non-official sources as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_(comic_book)

So should we consider this to be conon or not??

Akuma is mid-city buster, people in other forums also agree that.

Tha C-Master
One trick I try to do with SF to make it easier to argue is to go by levels of showings when I do a point or a match. Since like TMNT they have soooo many different types of media one would lose count and they all characterize them in their own ways.

Highest presentation, mid presentation, and lowest presentation. I find this makes everything neater to discuss. It might not be a one cut way, but it is more compromising.

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Thats not what I said, I said even Akuma's power being withheld as much as it was, he was still able to sink the island. If Ryu can tank hits like that, then he's pretty damn durable, and even moreso is Akuma's potential releasted power.

reffer to my pic, I can say the same thing. You can argue that they where exagerating, but the whole world thought the world was going to end, Why would ALL of them be wrong? Including scientists and astronomers that took the pics? As I stated, 1KM for extinction level event is required. House sized is not a threat as it would be burned up before hitting ground.

It's not my job to convince the opposition, merely to present the facts. Like I previously stated, it's not some moon sized monster asteroid, but it is an extinction level causing asteroid, that requires a certain size or better. The minimum is single digit Kilometers at the very least to cause planetwide extinction.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/2ndSizecomparative.jpg

I would say this is more than enough.

Oh, you mean this? zIag3-8yhIw You found that in English? Awesome.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Insomnia1234
The picture about akuma destroyed an astroid comes from the comic "street fighter". It's published by UDON under Capcom's license. But Capcom has stated that the series draws not only on the established Street Fighter canon, but also occasionally addresses various continuity retcons, and even draws from fanon and non-official sources as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_(comic_book)

So should we consider this to be conon or not??

Akuma is mid-city buster, people in other forums also agree that.

Actually, it's his Capcom Fighting Jam (also known as Capcom Fighting Evolution) Ending.

And, if we go even purely by the stricctest canon sense, he's an island buster which is a few orders of magnitude beyond city busting of any scale.

Insomnia1234
So it's canon right??

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Insomnia1234
So it's canon right??

No, not quite.

The reason it's being discussed is because it's for shin Akuma, not regular Akuma.

Nephthys
Does Mercer stand any chance if he tries to stealth kill him?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Nephthys
Does Mercer stand any chance if he tries to stealth kill him?

Thats a difficult one to answer... I don't know if Mercer can even pierce Akuma's skin or breach his aura anyway...

But as for detection, Akuma's long had the ability to track different lifesigns over vast distances, it was how he was able to trace Ryu from half the world away. And he has an uncanny sith sense when it comes to strong fighters, in which Mercer should qualify...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.