The Zombie-verse versus the Cancerverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
The ultimate battle of life and death begins here:

"Pym! Why the hell isn't that portal open yet? I HUNGER!!!" Iron Man paced impatiently around the laboratory.
"Damn it Iron Man, we all hunger! I told you, Reed's portal was badly damaged -- fixing it has taken longer than I expected. But with the repairs I did using parts I found in the Watcher's base I think I'm ready to start some tests."
"Then hurry it up."
"Yeah Hank," said the Wasp, buzzing around Pym's head. "You know some of us didn't get to eat the Silver Surfer, Galactus, and Ego the freakin' Living Planet like you guys did!"
"Shut up Jan! Unless you want more of the back of my hand!! Now stop bothering me!"

Soon, Pym completed his checks. "It's perfect!"
"What is?" said Wolverine.
"A while ago I locked on to some strange new universe which I thought looked like a promising target. I can't quite make sense of these initial readings, but they indicate life on an almost unprecedented scale. Whatever the hell is on the other side looks like just what we want! With a full test run of the portal I should be able find out more..."
"Then what are you waiting for bub? Do it!" The zombies gathered around as the portal hummed to life. A small opening appeared, through which an empty vista of inky blackness and stars could be seen shifting and blurring.
"Make it bigger, damn it Pym!"
"Wait Stark! These readings, I don't understand them. I've never seen such lifeform energy!"
"Who cares what it is bub? You know the rules, if it's alive - we eat it!'
Suddenly, a malevolent face began to appear in the portal -- evil, sinister, yet somehow familiar.
"Hey, " said Hawkeye. "Does that dude kind of remind you of Warlock?"
"Whoever he is bub, I hope he tastes as good as Warlock..."
The face spoke. "Greetings fools, you may call me Adam Magus. We have been observing the faint probes emanating from your universe into ours over the last few days. Now I see that you have managed to open a little portal into our reality. Congratulations - you have just allowed us to pinpoint your location amongst the infinite realities and gain a foothold into your universe. Your entire reality will be next to belong to... the Many Angled Ones!"
"Many Angled Ones? What the @*%* is this??? Who is this garish clown Pym?"
"I told you Stark, I don't know! But he does look like Warlock..."
"You see, " the face continued, "In my universe Death itself has been conquered and all life exists in eternal servitude to the Many Angled Ones. Soon we shall..."
"Look, bub! Your gonna be the many EATEN ones by the time we're finished with you!"
"Yeah Pym, " said Hawkeye. "I'm with Wolverine. Who cares who this loser is, we HUNGER! Open the damn portal up full power and let's go!"
"HUNGER! HUNGER! HUNGER! HUNGER!" the zombies began to chant.
The face in the portal looked puzzled as he peered more closely. "Are you creatures... diseased in some way?"
Pym ignored him. "I don't know guys. These readings... if they're correct this life could sustain us all for centuries, millennia... but if we're going in I think we should take some extra firepower."
"Like who?" asked Stark.
"Like... everybody. Gather everyone, I'll get the portal ready, then we're going in."
"Wait..." said the face in the portal. "You... are coming here? That isn't what the Dark Ones command! You will --"
"Shut up bub! Yer meat, you hear me? Yer meat! And that means we HUNGER!"

The cosmic-powered Zombies:

Zombie Pym
Zombie Iron Man
Zombie Hulk
Zombie Wolverine
Zombie Spider-Man
Zombie Luke Cage

plus... all the other super-zombies seen in the Zombie-verse including:

Zombie Thor
Zombie Sentry
Zombie Doom
Zombie Reed
Zombie Invisible Woman
Zombie Firelord
Zombie Phoenix
Zombie Gladiator
Zombie Quasar
Zombie Nova
Zombie Enchantress
Zombie Scarlet Witch
Zombie Blackbolt
Zombie Dr. Strange
Zombie Genis-Vell
Zombie Thanos
...and all the rest of the super-zombies ever shown.

VS

The Cancerverse.

1) No Cancerverse abstracts
2) Cancerverse abstracts allowed (only the ones seen), but the zombies also get the zombie Shi'ar, Skrull, Kree etc armies that the super-zombies created while they were consuming their way across the universe.

Have the Zombies bitten off more than they can chew this time? Or will the Cancerverse become a gigantic all you can eat cosmic buffet? Will the living dead consume the eternally undying? Or will neverending life win out over the undead?

Black bolt z
Cancerverse beings can't die. But theres no reason they can't go undead.

Zombies win in 1.

The Galactus Engine solos in 2.

the ninjak
Many-angled Ones destroy the Zombie combatants.

basilisk
Originally posted by Black bolt z

Zombies win in 1.

The Galactus Engine solos in 2. They've already eaten one Galactus! Although the Galactus Engine looked a little boney and unappetizing.

As soon as the zombies bite and infect some of those tentacles and creatures that come out of everywhere in the Cancerverse it could be major trouble...

zopzop

Zombies win in 1.

The Galactus Engine solos in 2.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have DIE first then be raised by whatever animating force is doing the raising, to become undead?

If you can't die, then there's no way you can become undead.

Cancerverse annihilates.

Mindset
Originally posted by zopzop
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have DIE first then be raised by whatever animating force is doing the raising, to become undead?

Cancerverse annihilates. No

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
No

No what? How do you become a zombie in Marvel then?

Black bolt z

Cancerverse annihilates. You don't always have to die to become a zombie.

Look at almost every zombie movie ever made.

zopzop
You don't always have to die to become a zombie.

Look at almost every zombie movie ever made.

BBZ, I'm referring to Marvel's take on it.

In movies, yes you INDEED have to die to become a zombie. The "zombie virus" infects it's host, the host dies, then is reanimated as a zombie. Or the previously dead are reanimated somehow and become zombies.

Look up what "undead" means :
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/undead

If you can't die, you can't become undead.

Black bolt z
BBZ, I'm referring to Marvel's take on it.

In movies, yes you INDEED have to die to become a zombie. The "zombie virus" infects it's host, the host dies, then is reanimated as a zombie. Or the previously dead are reanimated somehow and become zombies.

Look up what "undead" means :
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/undead

If you can't die, you can't become undead. I know. Still.

Not really.

Yes you can.

You can just plain get infected.

Lord_Talron
most instances, at least recently in "lore", have zombieness being an illness rather than a state of magical reanimation.

the ninjak
The MarvelZombie virus is an offshoot "weak sauce" version of the Deadite disease from the Evil Dead series.
Ash followed a Necronomicon Deadite shaman into that particular universe and infected it.
The many angled-ones are pretty much H.P.Lovecrafts Ancient Ones, Cthulu, Shub Niggorath etc.
They are much older and more powerful than this particular virus.

It's pretty much 5 cosmic pwered zombie heroes versus infinitely huge force of beings and tentacles. And the virus won't work on them.

All those who exist in the Cancerverse had an Angled-one in them an they would be immune to the Deadite virus.

Cancerverse wins this no probs.

Uriel005
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

edit: why do I have this memorized

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.