The Cape

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
premieres sunday night on NBC, followed by an encore presentation on monday.. then moves into regular timeslot Jan 17 at 9pm pst..

cast list

is this worth it??

Darth Vicious
Might watch it if I remember. Not holding my breath though.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Might watch it if I remember. Not holding my breath though.

me neither, summer glau might not save this

ares834
IGN gave an advanced review...

Not looking good.

Darth Vicious
Damn, 3 out of 10! Thats bad, right? lol

Mr. Rhythmic
I normally disagree with IGN, so I'll still tune in.

BruceSkywalker
just watched.. storyline wise, could have better.. james frain's contacts were decent.. love summer glau though

Darth Vicious
Missed the first 30-40 minutes. Really didn't care for none of the supporting characters. Summer Glau didnt do much for me. I'll watch one or two more episodes.

Lestov16
I thought it was pretty damn entertaining. Definitely watching it next week

Robtard
Watched a bit over half, was ****ing retarded. Doubt it will go Season 2.

Glau is hot.

-Pr-
Watched it... Was ok, i guess...

Mindset
I watched the first part, couldn't force myself to watch the second hour.

I-Drop
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
me neither, summer glau might not save this Has she ever saved anything? Everything she touches gets canceled, even the good shows like 4400. This show is horrible and it's days are numbered.

BruceSkywalker
watched the second show.. tepid at best..

Originally posted by I-Drop
Has she ever saved anything? Everything she touches gets canceled, even the good shows like 4400. This show is horrible and it's days are numbered.

Yep

srankmissingnin
It is super cheesy, the villains look like they should be fighting Dick Tracy...

Which I kind of like actually. embarrasment

darthmaul1
this show suck diddly ucked! the hero is constantly getting his ass handed to him. It's like a really really really bad batman. He totally reminds me of Mysterion from south park! the only thing worth while to watch on this show is Summer Glau. but unfortanetly everything she has been in has been in has been cancelled she just can't get a break to be in a show that lasts a few seasons.
firefly
terminator
doll house
now this

Mr. Rhythmic
I saw Part 1, and I'm not sure why it's HATED, but I will agree that it has a hell of a lot of problems. I see what it is trying to do, but the biggest issue (no pun intended) is that it is incredibly generic. The main villain has no reason to really exist, the plot is too straightforward, and the hero is too cookie cutter, as are the sidekicks.
What bothers me is how shows like these were made by "comic fans (many claiming Silver Age)," and yet the cliches and tropes they use are not actually in the classic comics, especially Silver Age. Older comics were extremely fantastical with no precise stream of ideas, and while there were definitely "Villains of the month," the villains were normally extremely original and fun, even when the power was done by another villain previously. Shows like "The Cape" think comics are straightforward, when really they're the opposite.

Mr. Rhythmic
Just started on part 2, and a piece of me just died when the Cape said "sup dawg?"

Kazenji
Originally posted by darthmaul1
firefly

I'd blame FOX for cancelling that one

they would'nt know quality if it came and bit them on their arses.

Mr. Rhythmic
The episode "Scales" was quite an improvement. There are still problems, but not as many, now with the addition of good moments. Vinnie Jones was really over-the-top, but it made for some fun scenes. I'd say that this show is a guilty pleasure or a weekday morning viewer, and I will tune in from time to time.

Allankles
The show, as expected, looks to be cancelled. I think the guys behind the show missed a great opportunity. The first mistake was making the cape a happily married man in a stable life, that's just way too mild a beginning for what is supposed to be a bad ass hero, it also restricts any kind of relationships he can have with other women that he meets like Orwell or the curly haired acrobat.

A shame really, I liked what it was trying to be, the writers simply didn't know how to translate their general vision.

Also, action scenes could've been a lot better, an improvement on that aspect alone might have given the show a life line, I think.

darthmaul1
I knew it would be turffed after i saw the first show. it was terrible.
Next up the Wonder woman TV show this fall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.