Clerks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K.Diddy
smokin' Seen this for the first time in years last night,such a classic movie,The dialogue and characters are just outstanding easily one of the best comedy movies ever made in my opinion 9.5/10 Almost perfect

Sadako of Girth
"Thirty seven?"

Bardock42
Try not to suck any dick on your way to the parking lot!

Impediment
Originally posted by Bardock42
Try not to suck any dick on your way to the parking lot!

Sancty's catch phrase for Bardock.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
Sancty's catch phrase for Bardock.

Oh burn!

MildPossession
One of the most overrated films out there.

Robtard
Only one of those phaggy Black Swan masturbators would say such a thing.

The Nuul
Clerks > British humor.

Robtard
I wouldn't go that far and with such a broad blanket.

Bardock42
Originally posted by MildPossession

I must politely disagree, ma'am.

Originally posted by The Nuul
Clerks > British humor.

I must politely disagree, sir.

The Nuul
ha-son

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
I must politely disagree, ma'am.

I must politely disagree, sir. I'm with the Bardock.

Impediment
Originally posted by The Nuul
Clerks > British humor.

Can I buy some pot from you?

MildPossession
I just don't like Kevin Smith films. He is put on a directors pedestal that he does not deserve to be on in the slightest.

Bardock42
I just don't like Kevin Smith films. He is put on a directors pedestal that he does not deserve to be on in the slightest.

I don't know if people like him because he's an amazing director. I don't at least. I like him cause he's very funny.

Impediment
I agree with Bardock that Smith is a very funny writer, but as far as actual film directing goes he is just your average director. Smith has never shown any kind of unique, artistic style that makes him a stand out individual in the business of film directing.

Smith's writing, however, is very funny and filled with memorable and colorful characters.

MildPossession
Writer/Directors pedestal then.

-Pr-

Some people think he does deserve to be regarded as such, though.

The Nuul
Kevin sucks ass as a actor and director. He even said so himself. After Red State, he's done....so he claims.

Esau Cairn

And who but the general public puts people in high regard...pedestals...only for the chance to knock them down.

K.Diddy

erm Wrong.I dont see how this movie is overrated,for what he achieved on the budget that the movie had was amazing,In my opinion this is one of the funniest most original comedies out there.I have enjoyed all of his movies,but I think Clerks is his best

Esau Cairn
As much as I enjoyed Clerks...it's strange but whenever I'm feeling sentimental, y'know about life, the unverse & everything...I always watch Clerks II.

It's not as funny or original as the first but seeing how all the cast have aged & listening to the real life strain of friendship between Smith & Mewes dealing with drug addiction...it makes me realise that I've been watching Smith & his crew of on-screen/real life friends for the past 17 years of my life.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
As much as I enjoyed Clerks...it's strange but whenever I'm feeling sentimental, y'know about life, the unverse & everything...I always watch Clerks II.

It's not as funny or original as the first but seeing how all the cast have aged & listening to the real life strain of friendship between Smith & Mewes dealing with drug addiction...it makes me realise that I've been watching Smith & his crew of on-screen/real life friends for the past 17 years of my life.

smokin' I have seen Clerks 2 but dont remember much about it,I will see it again in the future sometime

MildPossession
In my opinion he IS overrated. Don't tell me my opinion is wrong thank you.

RE: Blaxican
What if I were to say that your opinion is... misguided?

Impediment
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. MP thinks that Smith is overrated. Simple sauce.

Personally, I agree that Smith is a trifle overrated, but I like him enough to own his films on DVD.

The Nuul
I like his story on he got into Hollywood more than his movies.

K.Diddy
In my opinion he IS overrated. Don't tell me my opinion is wrong thank you.

roll eyes (sarcastic) I weren't commenting on what you think of him as a director,I was commenting on the Comment you made saying ''One of the most overrated Films out there'' Thats just a ridiculous statement in my opinion.But if you want to believe that,then thats your choice.

Myth
I read that there will be another Clerks movie. I'm not sure if it is a direct sequel, or some straight to DVD crap.

Impediment
More than likely, Smith will make a straight to DVD animated Clerks film, like he has been proposing for years.

Making a third Clerks live action film would be a long stretch, if you ask me.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
More than likely, Smith will make a straight to DVD animated Clerks film, like he has been proposing for years.

Making a third Clerks live action film would be a long stretch, if you ask me. Agreed. The whole appeal of the first two films were the main characters inability to show some initiative and grow up.

The Nuul
Kevin said hes most likely going to stick with the pod cast after Red State.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.