Kratos and TP Link switch places

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGoldenSpy
Both of these gladiators have switched places and must participate in each others games.

They only have thier personality and physical/special attributes. Non of thier weapons/magic. They must aquire the weapons from the games by themselves.

Link only plays GOW1 Kratos only TP. How far do they make it?

NemeBro
I can actually see Link getting past GoW1 to be honest.

Kratos walks through TP.

TheGoldenSpy
in my opinion both would fail against thier final bosses. Ares can pop links head from miles away and Kratos can't kill ganondorf with the mastersword.

LLLLLink
Kratos doesn't get past Death Sword. Probably stops at Water Temple (joke). Probably has sex with the Great Fairy.
Link just Master Swords everyone down. Die, evil sons-of-bitches, die.

Phanteros
Kratos & Link clears it

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Phanteros
Kratos & Link clears it

I dont know about GoW1, but Kratos is definitely done at Ganon.

Phanteros
Originally posted by LLLLLink
I dont know about GoW1, but Kratos is definitely done at Ganon. LOL no. based on the way he fought?

TheGoldenSpy
Link please read the rules, link doesn't have the mastersword he has the blades of chaos Kratos has the mastersword.

Link will have to kill women and children to start the story. Is it in him to do that?

I take back what I said. Just thought of a way Kratos can deal with ganondorf immortality.

NemeBro
He already has a way.

The Master Sword.

no expression

Kratos wielding the Master Sword would **** Ganondorf's shit up.

TheGoldenSpy
btw link is wearing Kratos attire and vice versa

NemeBro
haermm

TheAuraAngel
laughing

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
btw link is wearing Kratos attire and vice versa

Link can't pull off the Kratos look. uhuh

As to the thread, the only obstacle I see in Link's path is Ares, but he'd possibly beat Ares thanks to the PB amp.
He skips the sex though. Two women are too much for him. 313

Haven't played TP, so I can't comment. Though Kratos would likely just clear it with his manliness anyway. awesome

ScreamPaste
Link please read the rules, link doesn't have the mastersword he has the blades of chaos Kratos has the mastersword.

Link will have to kill women and children to start the story. Is it in him to do that?

I take back what I said. Just thought of a way Kratos can deal with ganondorf immortality. It says aquire the weapons by themselves, not have them. I'm not actually taking part in this thread past reminding you what you typed. By that standard, Kratos could not use the master sword, though.

RE: Blaxican
Link couldn't do what would be necessary to survive, because he's a punk ass foo', therefore they both lose. :uhuh

TheAuraAngel
Yeah, Kratos does a lot of jumping....not really Link's style.

The Scenario
It's doubtful Kratos could touch the Master Sword. Or he kills the Skull Kid and thus can't find it.

What does Kratos become in the twilight I wonder?

TheGoldenSpy
I don't see why he wouldn't be able to touch it. Even if he can't use it to kill ganon permanently he can still use the sharp edges to damage enemies or use his bare hands.

Ares is also getting underrated here. He made an entire battlefield barbarians explode made a pocket dimension threw a spear thousands of miles at mach speeds and matched an amped Kratos strength wise.

MooCowofJustice
The Master Sword does not let you wield it if it doesn't like you. You need to be a true hero and whatnot. Kratos wouldn't be able to take it from the pedestal of time. He'd end up ripping it out while still attached to the ground around it first.

Kratos didn't kill women and children in the game did he? Wasn't that before the game started?

TheGoldenSpy
So he basically gets a hammer. Still works.

He went on mass campaigns for the glory of sparta and kills thousands of people while in service to ares. Euryale comments on this aswell.

Wouldn't master sword choose Kratos over ganon? Ganon is randomly evil Kratos is just rage.

The Scenario
I don't see why he wouldn't be able to touch it. Even if he can't use it to kill ganon permanently he can still use the sharp edges to damage enemies or use his bare hands.

Ares is also getting underrated here. He made an entire battlefield barbarians explode made a pocket dimension threw a spear thousands of miles at mach speeds and matched an amped Kratos strength wise.

BXeJdB9_-zQ

1:22. The Master Sword can't be touched by evil, and Kratos counts under Zelda's general morality scale.

Vqdz6pZtuD4

If Midna counts, I'd say Kratos does, too.

And as for Ares, I was under the impression he'd do generally the same things against Link as he did Kratos. So little of the head popping and things, and Link gets Hope.

TheGoldenSpy
With cis off both link and kratos get killed.

With it on its up in the air.

Kratos drags the MS around, holds ganon in place and lets zelda stab him.

ares834
Nah. If Kratos isn't weilding the Master Sword he stands no chance against Ganon as he won't have protection.

TheAuraAngel
So Kratos can't wield the magic plot device and Link can't jump.

They both lose. lol

TheGoldenSpy
Protection against what?

ares834
Against Ganon's magic.

TheGoldenSpy
Umm Kratos is already highly resistant to magic attacks without the mastersword.

So he basically gets a hammer. Still works.

I was thinking the same thing. laughing

I could see Kratos running around with the sword stuck in the block of stone, swinging it at people because of how stubborn he is.

TheGoldenSpy
Originally posted by The Scenario
BXeJdB9_-zQ

1:22. The Master Sword can't be touched by evil, and Kratos counts under Zelda's general morality scale.

Vqdz6pZtuD4

And as for Ares, I was under the impression he'd do generally the same things against Link as he did Kratos. So little of the head popping and things, and Link gets Hope.

Couldn't watch the videos yesterday but I don't see where it explicitly says evil cant touch it? It says it's the sword of evils bane and it just knocks both link and midna back. May not release the tip from the ground or be useable against ganondorf.

Personally I don't think Kratos is all that evil. He's just anger incarnite. He saved greece from the persian invasion and gave up his daughter to save the world from getting destroyed. Moraility wise he's not randomly evil for the sake of it, unlike ganondorf, he just lives in a much harsher world. Wouldn't the MasterSword choose him to take out Ganondorf?

If not does he have to fight barehanded the whole game?!? I remember he got 2 hookshots in TP. Could Kratos possibly attach knives to the tips and use them like the BoC?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I was thinking the same thing. laughing

I could see Kratos running around with the sword stuck in the block of stone, swinging it at people because of how stubborn he is. He literally cannot touch it. So no hammer for him.

The Scenario
Couldn't watch the videos yesterday but I don't see where it explicitly says evil cant touch it? It says it's the sword of evils bane and it just knocks both link and midna back. May not release the tip from the ground or be useable against ganondorf.

It's a couple seconds after the time I gave you, because I was giving the whole description of the sword. The actual quote is at 1:28 where Zelda says, "It is a sacred blade that evil can never touch."

Which leads to a conflict of morality. Anger is a cardinal sin, after all. You could say that Zelda isn't as "harsh" a world as God of War (though not an accurate description), so it tends to judge good and evil as more black and white, with little gray. Twilight Princess was changing that a bit, with Midna falling more under the gray end yet still being affected. And technically, Ganondorf's original goal was to secure Hyrule so that his people wouldn't have to suffer and die in the desert. He had entirely good intentions before his desire to rule Hyrule (and the Triforce) consumed him.

If Kratos grew up in Hyrule he might be able to weild it, but he wouldn't be the brutal sociopath we all know.

He could use the normal non-Master Sword, Ball & Chain, Bow & Arrows, Bombs, Boomerang, etc. and probaly rely on Zelda's Light Aeeows to fight Ganondorf. Or the Clawshots I guess.

TheGoldenSpy
But Kratos was around long before the definition of 7 sins unlike link. How could the ms reject him for failing rules he doesn't know of? He was raised in a world that didn't have those definitions.

And also he killed the sisters of fate therefore giving the entire human race freewill. That's pretty meaningfull if you think about it.

ScreamPaste
Semantics and shenanigans. The sword is sentient and chooses it's wielder, and evil cannot touch it. Kratos is nothing if not a HUGE JERK. no expression The sword and he would not be friends.

TheGoldenSpy
But it's true. He's just an angry guy because of how his culture raised him aswell as his harsh world and tramatic experiences. Link would be this way too, if he grew up the way Kratos did.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
He literally cannot touch it. So no hammer for him. What does that mean? What happens if he touches it?

TheGoldenSpy
Probably like a negative magnetic force or something.

ScreamPaste
What does that mean? What happens if he touches it? He can't, so if he does, I dunno, but he can't. Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
But it's true. He's just an angry guy because of how his culture raised him aswell as his harsh world and tramatic experiences. Link would be this way too, if he grew up the way Kratos did. Yes, and Hitler was rejected from art school.

He can't, so if he does, I dunno, but he can't.

No-Limit fallacy for the win. I think he certainly can wield it, then.

ScreamPaste
No-Limit fallacy for the win. I think he certainly can wield it, then. 1. Not biting troll bait.
2. Never specified a lack of limit, only that Kratos can't touch it.

TheGoldenSpy
Kratos isn't completely evil though. He displayed heroic and courageous virtues from time to time. Is he perfect? No way, but he doesn't come off as evil.

Mastersword shouldn't hold him accountable for not abbiding to standards not present in his times. I think he can at the very least touch it.

ScreamPaste
Kratos isn't completely evil though. He displayed heroic and courageous virtues from time to time. Is he perfect? No way, but he doesn't come off as evil.

Mastersword shouldn't hold him accountable for not abbiding to standards not present in his times. I think he can at the very least touch it.
Kratos is a sadistic, brutal, monster who's crossed the moral event horizon more times in three games than Ganondorf has in all of his combined, there is no way he can touch it.

Also, the human race has always known stabbing people hurts and is kind of a dick move. Even if they didn't, why would not being considerate enough to stop and realise "Hey, I'm revelling in the blood shed of human beings with families, 88D" excuse him from doing exactly that. erm Cause at the time no one sat down and told him it was rude? haermm Nawh, man. Nawh.

Edit: And, keep in mind, it's the sword itself that makes the judgement on it's own ethics, not the ethics of Kratos' world. I'm sorry but he simply will be unable to touch it, and therefore beat the game.

1. Not biting troll bait.
2. Never specified a lack of limit, only that Kratos can't touch it. Why can't he touch it? The "only good can wield it" thing sounds like a simple plot device to me, and unless you can provide some kind of consequence for what happened if he tried, then "Kratos can't touch it because the game says evil can't touch it" doesn't fly, brosky.

Burning thought
I am with Blax, by the looks of it this evils bane and evil cannot touch it stuff is a no limits fallacy based on presented information. Also I dont think Kratos is really "evil".

Also he does not need the sword. He can probably clear with just his hands in most situations.

TheGoldenSpy
Kay, first off, Kratos ain't evil, we know that much. It's just that his personality is meant to be believable and realistic based on the brutal times he lives in and the kinds of beasts he routinely kills.

Killing people doesn't automatically make you evil. In all wars there will be casualties. Simply the way it is. His spartan culture breed and raised him to be nothing but a killing machine. He doesn't think the way you do and probably wouldn't last much if he did.

Kratos is brave, heroic at times and loyal. He was loyal to ares and he betrayed him, loyal to gods and they betrayed him , loyal to the Titans and they betrayed him aswell. I would be eternally pissed too. Does link have his own brothers and fathers trying to kill him? Ever been tricked into slaughtering his own family? That would drive any man insane.

That seems pretty arbitrary of the MS btw.

Kratos can probably drag the MS around and fight ganondorf, hold him down and let zelda stab him. And then has a threesome with zelda and human midna.

ScreamPaste
Kay, first off, Kratos ain't evil, we know that much. It's just that his personality is meant to be believable and realistic based on the brutal times he lives in and the kinds of beasts he routinely kills.

Killing people doesn't automatically make you evil. In all wars there will be casualties. Simply the way it is. His spartan culture breed and raised him to be nothing but a killing machine. He doesn't think the way you do and probably wouldn't last much if he did.

Kratos is brave, heroic at times and loyal. He was loyal to ares and he betrayed him, loyal to gods and they betrayed him , loyal to the Titans and they betrayed him aswell. I would be eternally pissed too. Does link have his own brothers and fathers trying to kill him? Ever been tricked into slaughtering his own family? That would drive any man insane.

That seems pretty arbitrary of the MS btw.

Kratos can probably drag the MS around and fight ganondorf, hold him down and let zelda stab him. And then has a threesome with zelda and human midna.
He can't drag it around because he legitimately cannot touch it. "Kratos sometimes displays some not-so bad personality traits" does not excuse him from all the incredibly douchetastic things he does, nor does it change the fact that judgement is in the sword's hand. Kratos IS evil, and I have debated this point millions of times. Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Why can't he touch it? The "only good can wield it" thing sounds like a simple plot device to me, and unless you can provide some kind of consequence for what happened if he tried, then "Kratos can't touch it because the game says evil can't touch it" doesn't fly, brosky. There's no consequence because it can't be done. As for what the game says, Kratos would simply be unable to touch it. Yes, it does fly because Kratos doesn't have feats of "changing the sword's mind", and his only skills seem to involve actually touching things.

Burning thought
I have not played Chains of Olympus but I dont recall Kratos doing anything evil, being a douchebag is not being evil, not that Kratos has been so without good cause. I want to know what people refer to when they call Kratos "evil"...

I think hes being poorly judged and scrutinized.

TheGoldenSpy
He can't drag it around because he legitimately cannot touch it. "Kratos sometimes displays some not-so bad personality traits" does not excuse him from all the incredibly douchetastic things he does, nor does it change the fact that judgement is in the sword's hand. Kratos IS evil, and I have debated this point millions of times. There's no consequence because it can't be done. As for what the game says, Kratos would simply be unable to touch it. Yes, it does fly because Kratos doesn't have feats of "changing the sword's mind", and his only skills seem to involve actually touching things.

Yeah, except Kratos is isn't "evil". Is he the perfect mary sue? No. Does his world allow him to see the world in black and white? Nope. Is he angry? Yes. Evil? Not in any sense of the word. The only person that I recall him being an absolute douche to is Poseidon. One god does not change the fact the he saved greece from a persian invasion, gave up his daughter save the entire world of people and gods that hate him from collapsing, and freeing the entire human species from a race of tyrants and giving them the means to fend for themselves.

Nothing will happen if Kratos touches the sword unless you can prove it. Ganondorf is considered evil by zelda standards yet he could lock swords with link and the MS and take several shots just fine. Why wouldn't Kratos be able to drag the cement block around the sword?

There's no consequence because it can't be done.

If there's no consequences then what's stopping it from being done? Every action has some kind of effect, or consequence. If it doesn't then it's not an action, meaning there's nothing stopping Kratos from touching the sword.

Burning thought
Why does he need the sword again?

TheGoldenSpy
Originally posted by Burning thought
Why does he need the sword again?

I'm assuming in the TP verse, the only way of killing off ganon for good is by using the master sword. Normally we ignore that but in this particular thread it does count. It's only fair.

Burning thought
I see, I was going to call no limits fallacy but if by your rules you want the Master sword ot play a part then thats fine. I assume Kratos has to defeat Ganon in similiar ways to link as well? e.g. burying him under tonnes of rock and defeating him that way would not be enough for Kratos to pass this threads challenge?

MooCowofJustice
I'm pretty sure Kratos is within the world of TP, and is therefore susceptible to everything you two don't like about it. Including not being able to touch the Master Sword.

TheGoldenSpy
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I'm pretty sure Kratos is within the world of TP, and is therefore susceptible to everything you two don't like about it. Including not being able to touch the Master Sword.

I don't dislike Zelda.

And Burning thought, any scenerio, that is plausible, due to the characters personality and abilities should count.

Link Probably saves the cowardly ship captain, yet Kratos uses him to climb up out of Hades. Is link screwed because of this?

ScreamPaste
I don't dislike Zelda.

And Burning thought, any scenerio, that is plausible, due to the characters personality and abilities should count.

Link Probably saves the cowardly ship captain, yet Kratos uses him to climb up out of Hades. Is link screwed because of this? Good question, and tbh, I do not know. Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
If there's no consequences then what's stopping it from being done? Every action has some kind of effect, or consequence. If it doesn't then it's not an action, meaning there's nothing stopping Kratos from touching the sword. The sword is stopping him from touching it. It has a rape whistle and pepper spray. Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Yeah, except Kratos is isn't "evil". Is he the perfect mary sue? No. Does his world allow him to see the world in black and white? Nope. Is he angry? Yes. Evil? Not in any sense of the word. The only person that I recall him being an absolute douche to is Poseidon. One god does not change the fact the he saved greece from a persian invasion, gave up his daughter save the entire world of people and gods that hate him from collapsing, and freeing the entire human species from a race of tyrants and giving them the means to fend for themselves.

Nothing will happen if Kratos touches the sword unless you can prove it. Ganondorf is considered evil by zelda standards yet he could lock swords with link and the MS and take several shots just fine. Why wouldn't Kratos be able to drag the cement block around the sword?
So he served in the military, and made the obvious decision, these are two good deeds FAR outweighed by his own bad deeds, and his general brutality and malice, how isn't he evil? Killing innocents, waging pointless wars, excessive cruelty and brutality? Kratos is the very definition of evil. Ganondorf is labelled by the sword as evil, Kratos certainly would be.

You seem to cite Kratos' backstory as an excuse. Excuse =/= handwaving away his actions. Ganon's original motivation? Living in the desert sucks, his people are dying. This is what made him bitter and jealous, and how he became a villain. He's a much more human character than Kratos, and still recognised as evil by the sword. Very evil. Commiting genocide's not okay, excuses be damned.

Nothing will happen because, as proven by Scenario's videos, Kratos cannot touch it. He falls under the sword's repellant spectrum. Link using the sword as a sword does not invalidate this. It's a sword. And without it, Kratos cannot beat Ganondorf, or even harm him. /Shrug. This screws him. As does the twilight, intangibility, and the fact he'll probably kill Midna, screwing himself out of access to the twilight realm even if he does find some form of protection.

What would need to be proven is that Kratos is either not evil, which can't be considering the wide scope of brutal and cruel actions he commits, or for him to be able to overpower the sword itself, which according to aLttP is a relic on scale in power with the fully assembed triforce. IE, Kratos wouldn't be able to overpower it, and even if he could, he could not force it to obey him and smite Ganondorf.

MooCowofJustice
So much for not being a part of this thread.

link-rape

ScreamPaste
So much for not being a part of this thread.

link-rape Shaddap. Retirees get bored.

MooCowofJustice
Don't you have to be paid to do something in order to retire? If you were getting paid for this and I wasn't in on it I will be forced to thrash you.

ScreamPaste
Don't you have to be paid to do something in order to retire? If you were getting paid for this and I wasn't in on it I will be forced to thrash you. I fear no thrashing.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/retirement

1. The act of retiring.
2. The state of being retired.
3. Withdrawal from one's occupation, business, or office.
4. Withdrawal into privacy or seclusion.
5. A place of privacy or seclusion; a retreat

MooCowofJustice
You fit none of those.

You should fear a thrashing. I have that Canadanadian friend that isn't you that lives within driving distance of you.

The sword is stopping him from touching it. It has a rape whistle and pepper spray.

I always win.

You know who doesn't win?

Everyone, when morality is discussed.

ScreamPaste
You fit none of those.

You should fear a thrashing. I have that Canadanadian friend that isn't you that lives within driving distance of you. If he lives within driving distance of me I'm officially interested in thrashing this fellow. Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I always win.

You know who doesn't win?

Everyone, when morality is discussed. Indeed, I don't particularly enjoy debating it, but when the master sword is involved it's relevant. Luckily, we have many games to judge the sword's sense of morality by, Kratos is not dodging the "evil" tag on his article. =D

MooCowofJustice
He's a pothead, so yeah, you would definitely be interested in thrashing him. But he's a pothead, and those druggies get really dangerous when they haven't had a fix in a while.

ScreamPaste
He's a pothead, so yeah, you would definitely be interested in thrashing him. But he's a pothead, and those druggies get really dangerous when they haven't had a fix in a while. Potheads aren't exactly junkies, and I've met few with the ambition to actually enter into a physical confrontation. haermm

MooCowofJustice
Ah they're all junkies.

ScreamPaste
Ah they're all junkies. Nah, potheads are generally harmless and dopey. I can only think of one time in my entire life where I didn't live around atleast one pothead.

linkownsyousobs
Ah they're all junkies. Your a junkie laughing

MooCowofJustice
I'm sorry for your pain.

linkownsyousobs
It's magical Moo, it will change your life. It makes gaming so much better big grin

MooCowofJustice
No, it doesn't.

The Scenario
06Of3KqYd5o

'k, so Midna's not all that evil, is she? She just wanted to help her people, and occosionally mouthed off. And what do you know, the Master Sword is channeling Moo. It hates her and sends her flying just from getting near it. Even Link is pushed back slightly, due to a source of evil that isn't even him. The only reason he isn't sent flying as well is because he's Link.

Are we going to argue that Kratos is less evil than Midna, a character whose most evil acts are manipulating Link into helping her people and being a smartass?

MooCowofJustice
'k, so Midna's not all that evil, is she? She just wanted to help her people, and occosionally mouthed off. And what do you know, the Master Sword is channeling Moo. It hates her and sends her flying just from getting near it.

Profilin' this.

The Scenario
Profilin' this.

If you do, please fix my typo on "occasionally."

linkownsyousobs
No, it doesn't. like u would know from experience

MooCowofJustice
This is another thing that baffles me. Potheads always want other people to try smoking it too. Why?

linkownsyousobs
This is another thing that baffles me. Potheads always want other people to try smoking it too. Why? I amuses us

MooCowofJustice
Or perhaps it is because they feel bad about being drug addicts. Misery loves company.

TheGoldenSpy
"So he served in the military, and made the obvious decision, these are two good deeds FAR outweighed by his own bad deeds, and his general brutality and malice, how isn't he evil? Killing innocents, waging pointless wars, excessive cruelty and brutality? Kratos is the very definition of evil. Ganondorf is labelled by the sword as evil, Kratos certainly would be."

He wasn't in any military when he fought the persians and Obvious decision? He didn't have anyone on earth that he could go to. Pretty much all of earth hated or feared him. Why would he choose to forever abandon the one person he cared for in all of existance to save a world he didn't care for? Apart from selflessness? Killing innocents? That's just a side effect of all wars. Are modern military soldiers who have killed innocent civilians evil too? He never waged pointless wars, he just heavily favored sparta plus it's kinda his job description you know? Not his fault he was given the title of war god, he even says it himself that he didn't want to be the new god of war. He's only excessivley brutal against monsters.

Those videos didn't prove anything. It just kinda blows both Link and Midna back. Doesn't burn, or freeze or electricute him or anything. What can it do? Why is Ganondorf able to lock swords with Link if you keep on saying it is impossible for evil to touch it?

Twilight will do nothing to him, it will just turn him into fear Kratos if anything. Intangibility may be a problem, but if Link overcame it so will Kratos.

"Kratos cannot beat Ganondorf, or even harm him."

This is BS Kratos is easily strong enough to damage Ganondorf with his hands and even without the Master sword he still get's plenty of weapons that can damage him aswell as Zelda who can kill him with light arrows.

Kratos just tears out and drags the cement block around the Mastersword. As proven by Ganondorf being able to lock swords with the Mastersword, "evil" (which Kratos is not) characters can still interact and move the sword around without directly touching it and suffer no ill effects. He doesn't need to overpower anything because he won't be directly touching it. Brings it to Zelda and lets her stab him.

MooCowofJustice
Doubt it. Both of 'em probably fail. Kratos can't use the Master Sword and Link would be like "**** you Ares, I ain't killin' nobody for your stupid ass."

Except it'd sound more like "SKRAAAAAAAAAH!"

linkownsyousobs
Or perhaps it is because they feel bad about being drug addicts. Misery loves company. True, but no. I'm happy as hell every time I smoke smokin'

Demonic Phoenix
Why is Ganondorf able to lock swords with Link if you keep on saying it is impossible for evil to touch it?

This is BS Kratos is easily strong enough to damage Ganondorf with his hands and even without the Master sword he still get's plenty of weapons that can damage him aswell as Zelda who can kill him with light arrows.

Kratos just tears out and drags the cement block around the Mastersword. As proven by Ganondorf being able to lock swords with the Mastersword, "evil" (which Kratos is not) characters can still interact and move the sword around without directly touching it and suffer no ill effects. He doesn't need to overpower anything because he won't be directly touching it. Brings it to Zelda and lets her stab him.

Means that a person who is defined as 'evil' by the sword, cannot wield it. Ganon locking swords with the MS doesn't involve him touching it directly. It's his sword that is contacting the MS. Plus Ganon probably doesn't want to actually use the Sword.

They do have a point. If someone like Midna cannot wield the MS, Kratos won't be able to.

That said, Kratos would be recognized as a more worthy possessor of the ToP; thus Kratos would become the new wielder of the ToP, and would pwn Ganon. awesome

As to Link, you have a point. Link might not get out of Hades, and he wouldn't harm the people that Kratos killed to progress.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
True, but no. I'm happy as hell every time I smoke smokin'

Happiness is for the weak.

TheGoldenSpy
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Means that a person who is defined as 'evil' by the sword, cannot wield it. Ganon locking swords with the MS doesn't involve him touching it directly. It's his sword that is contacting the MS. Plus Ganon probably doesn't want to actually use the Sword.

They do have a point. If someone like Midna cannot wield the MS, Kratos won't be able to.

That said, Kratos would be recognized as a more worthy possessor of the ToP; thus Kratos would become the new wielder of the ToP, and would pwn Ganon. awesome

As to Link, you have a point. Link might not get out of Hades, and he wouldn't harm the people that Kratos killed to progress.

It's possible for Kratos just to tear out the cement block around the sword and force someone else use it. Why is this not viable?

Demonic Phoenix
It's possible for Kratos just to tear out the cement block around the sword and force someone else use it. Why is this not viable?

Because that person wouldn't be able to properly use the sword, or even lift the block in the first place?

I think Kratos becoming the new wielder of the ToP based on his sheer awesomeness alone, is more viable. awesome

TheGoldenSpy
Because that person wouldn't be able to properly use the sword, or even lift the block in the first place?

I think Kratos becoming the new wielder of the ToP based on his sheer awesomeness alone, is more viable. awesome

Can't Zelda use it?

Demonic Phoenix
I dunno. Can Zelda pull out the sword?

If not, can she lift a block of cement that a 100+ Strength Level character has ripped out, and thus, would likely be quite large? Then, can she use said block of cement w. sword, to successfully strike Ganon?

ScreamPaste
Can't Zelda use it? No, Zelda can't use it, and even if she could, Ganon's possessed her, KO'd her, captured her, ect. Also, it's unlikely Kratos could even take the block and bypass the protection throught semantics. "I'm not technicly touching it!". no expression

Ganondorf can become wholly intangible and Kratos will have no way to harm him without the sword.

The Scenario
I dunno. Can Zelda pull out the sword?

If not, can she lift a block of cement that a 100+ Strength Level character has ripped out, and thus, would likely be quite large? Then, can she use said block of cement w. sword, to successfully strike Ganon?

Maybe, assuming Kratos can rescue Zelda from Twilight. She can apparently use a sword.

It's going to make the Possessed Zelda boss fight hard, though.

Demonic Phoenix
Maybe, assuming Kratos can rescue Zelda from Twilight. She can apparently use a sword.

It's going to make the Possessed Zelda boss fight hard, though.

What would he need to do to rescue her from the Twilight? If it's too much trouble for him, or if he believes that she won't benefit him in any way, he'd probably just leave her as she is. >__>

The one where Link apparently 'plays tennis' with Lightning?

Ganondorf can become wholly intangible and Kratos will have no way to harm him without the sword.

Light Arrows wouldn't work?

Then he just uses his awesomeness to take the ToP from Ganon peaches

TheAuraAngel
Can't Midna touch the sword? I thought whenever Link went doggy mode Midna held it for him?

MooCowofJustice
Kratos would not get his hands on Light Arrows, he needs Zelda for that in TP.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Can't Midna touch the sword? I thought whenever Link went doggy mode Midna held it for him? He doesn't get the light arrows.

Demonic Phoenix
Zelda would liek, just fall in love with him due to his manliness, and give him Light Arrows. 313

ScreamPaste
Zelda would liek, just fall in love with him due to his manliness, and give him Light Arrows. 313 Zelda's frigid.

TheAuraAngel
He doesn't get the light arrows.

Who has them? :O

MooCowofJustice
Doesn't Kratos need Epona for the game, too? Epona wouldn't do anything for him. Ilia would be like "**** you, you spartan ****!" and then he'd kill her and Epona would either die under Kratos' irritability or run away, both kinda screw him over.

ScreamPaste
Who has them? :O Zelda, who he either can't or won't rescue without the master sword. She gets them from the light spirits, who Kratos, without Midna, and the Triforce of Courage, can't/won't rescue.

The Scenario
Who has them? :O

In one of the last boss fights, Zelda shoots Ganondorf with the Light Arrows while Link duels him on horseback. Link never uses them in Twilight Princess.

But to even get to Zelda, or beat the game at all, Kratos would have to enter twilight, and we haven't exactly determined what happens at that point.

TheAuraAngel
Doesn't Kratos need Epona for the game, too? Epona wouldn't do anything for him. Ilia would be like "**** you, you spartan ****!" and then he'd kill her and Epona would either die under Kratos' irritability or run away, both kinda screw him over.

He runs and jumps the game. More his style anyway.

Zelda, who he either can't or won't rescue without the master sword. She gets them from the light spirits, who Kratos, without Midna, and the Triforce of Courage, can't/won't rescue.

Why wouldn't he have the triforce of courage or Midna?

In one of the last boss fights, Zelda shoots Ganondorf with the Light Arrows while Link duels him on horseback. Link never uses them in Twilight Princess.

But to even get to Zelda, or beat the game at all, Kratos would have to enter twilight, and we haven't exactly determined what happens at that point.

For the sake of conviniece, I'd say it's not too far a stretch the Kratos being half god would help him fight off some of the effects of twilight magic.

ScreamPaste
He runs and jumps the game. More his style anyway.

Why wouldn't he have the triforce of courage or Midna? CIS is on, and he has to aquire things and go through the game like Link did. He doesn't qualify for the ToC, and Midna would anger him and he'd kill her. When he enters twilight, without protection, who knows what happens?

MooCowofJustice
He needs Epona to fight the dude that rights the giant blue pig. And he'd also need to rescue that Colin kid, who he probably wouldn't give a shit about, and therefore fail.

Edit: I don't even think he can enter Twilight without Midna's help. And he'd easily kill her out of his own irritability before he learned that.

TheAuraAngel
Why bother killing Midna? no expression

ScreamPaste
Why bother killing Midna? no expression He's Kratos, he kills things for no reason, and when you meet Midna she's being kind of snide and condescending.

Demonic Phoenix
Zelda's frigid.

Because she hasn't met Kratos yet.

~ So, neither Kratos nor Link get through this thread?

ScreamPaste
Because she hasn't met Kratos yet.

~ So, neither Kratos nor Link get through this thread? GoW1? I think Link wins. But meh. Don't particularly care, came here to clear up facts about the master sword, everything else is not my business.

TheAuraAngel
He's Kratos, he kills things for no reason, and when you meet Midna she's being kind of snide and condescending.

That doesn't mean Kratos will kill her. If she's absolutely necessary, he'll just teach her the meaning of respect.

Edit: Link can't jump, so he can't clear GOW1.

ScreamPaste
That doesn't mean Kratos will kill her. If she's absolutely necessary, he'll just teach her the meaning of respect.

Edit: Link can't jump, so he can't clear GOW1. He wouldn't know she was necessary when he met her.

Link can jump. >=[

The Scenario
I still think both just fail.

There's a list of things Kratos needs to do that he can't do on his own, same with Link.

I for one would love to see Kratos haul a giant volcanic rock all the way up a frozen waterfall so he can thaw Zora's domain. Or bring the bridges that were ripped out of position back to their original places.

TheAuraAngel
He wouldn't know she was necessary when he met her.

Link can jump. >=

When he moves to kill her she'll spill the beans. awesome

What button do I press to make it happen?

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, because midna is known for confessing random things when her life is in danger. That's why she told Zant her life story in the Light Spirit's spring.

The Scenario
When Midna approached Link, she was acting on a prophecy. "Blue eyed beast" or something to that effect being the savior of the Twili.

Kratos doesn't really fit that description.

TheAuraAngel
When Midna approached Link, she was acting on a prophecy. "Blue eyed beast" or something to that effect being the savior of the Twili.

Kratos doesn't really fit that description.

Kay.

She watches Kratos kill a shit ton of monsters and lets the prophecy be damned. Then begs for help.

ScreamPaste
Kay.

She watches Kratos kill a shit ton of monsters and lets the prophecy be damned. Then begs for help. Killing things in his twilight form? O:

TheAuraAngel
Killing things in his twilight form? O:

Why not? If she can't find the one from teh prophecy, go with the biggest strongest thing you can find and make due.

ScreamPaste
Why not? If she can't find the one from teh prophecy, go with the biggest strongest thing you can find and make due. Why would his twilight form be as powerful as his normal form? Or have his mind? He doesn't have the protection of the ToC.

TheAuraAngel
Why would his twilight form be as powerful as his normal form? Or have his mind? He doesn't have the protection of the ToC.

Which 1: Why wouldn't he get it? He's not brave?

2: Kratos is kinda half God, so I call protection for him based on that. >_>

ScreamPaste
Which 1: Why wouldn't he get it? He's not brave?

2: Kratos is kinda half God, so I call protection for him based on that. >_> Bravery itself is not the only prerequisite. He's more Din's type than Farore's.

Perhaps. Does that explicitly protect him from shit?

TheAuraAngel
Bravery itself is not the only prerequisite. He's more Din's type than Farore's.

Perhaps. Does that explicitly protect him from shit?

Hmm.....what if he got the ToP instead?

I dunno. Link is protected by the power of a god. Kratos is half god. Meh.

ScreamPaste
Hmm.....what if he got the ToP instead?

I dunno. Link is protected by the power of a god. Kratos is half god. Meh. Ganondorf already has the ToP. =P

TheAuraAngel
Ganondorf already has the ToP. =P

And Din wouldn't prefer Kratos?

ScreamPaste
And Din wouldn't prefer Kratos? I can't see why she would, no, she didn't specificly choose Ganondorf anyway, though. Ganondorf touched the triforce, and because his heart was not in balance only received the piece which suited him best, Power. It cannot chnage hands without Ganondorf being defeated now. Something Kratos cannot do, he cannot beat the game.

TheGoldenSpy
Frankly I think Kratos even without any fancy plot-powered weapons can defeat ganondorf. He may not technically succeed due to not permanently killing Ganondorf but he can still defeat him.

Link due to his character will deny serving Ares who will then proceed to break his spine in half and setting him on fire by looking at him. He probably won't save the captain which will mean he won't get out of hades and he probably will refuse to complete the challenge of pandoras temple that involves sacrificing an athenian soldier, and assuming he gets past this somehow link lacks the physical strength to overpower Ares who could match a 300 foot tall Kratos.

Both of them are screwed.

ScreamPaste
Frankly I think Kratos even without any fancy plot-powered weapons can defeat ganondorf. He may not technically succeed due to not permanently killing Ganondorf but he can still defeat him.

Link due to his character will deny serving Ares who will then proceed to break his spine in half and setting him on fire by looking at him. He probably won't save the captain which will mean he won't get out of hades and he probably will refuse to complete the challenge of pandoras temple that involves sacrificing an athenian soldier, and assuming he gets past this somehow link lacks the physical strength to overpower Ares who could match a 300 foot tall Kratos.

Both of them are screwed. Both are screwed when you consider that no, Link won't make the decisions Kratos did.

That said, until GoW3, Link's feats of strength were comparable of even better than Kratos', but meh.

Kratos without the Master Sword cannot defeat Ganondorf, Ganondorf will simply become intangible, if Kratos even manages to get that far. (He won't)

LLLLLink
This was an open and shut case. No need to keep posting.

Burning thought
Surely the MS is not the only TP weapon/object that can strike intangible beings....

linkownsyousobs
Couldn't Kratos steal his soul via the Helios( whatever it was called)? Haven't played 3 yet.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
Couldn't Kratos steal his soul via the Helios( whatever it was called)? Haven't played 3 yet. That thing he doesn't have? Nope.

linkownsyousobs
That thing he doesn't have? Nope.

ok... sucks for him then. I didn't feel like reading 7 pages so I didn't know if he had anything with him. big grin

MooCowofJustice
...you know that was in the first post, right?

Must be all that pot.

link-rape

linkownsyousobs
...you know that was in the first post, right?

Must be all that pot.

link-rape

lol... no. I didn't read anything, I just posted.

BloodRain
(Y) good thread idea.

Don't recall Kratos needing his max GOW3 strength in through first game so besides a few jumping moments this side should be cleared.
Kratos wouldnt be as stupid as to kill the only person that can take him through twilight. Imo he could get the MS but if not im sure hed figure something out. Most likely with Zelda and Midna's magic.

Full in-character, both could fail.

TheGoldenSpy
Ummm no sir.

There is no "GOW3 strength feat" Kratos.

Kratos from the first game was always as strong as he was in the third. In the Canon storyline it's the exact same dude.The only retcon the games ever had were a few of the Gods designs and Kratos reigning as the God of War in modern times. We just never had a chance to fully see the scale of his strength until the third game. He was always as strong and by this, so was Ares and Every single monster that gave Kratos serious struggle.

BloodRain
Misunderstand. That part had nothing to do with Kratos but the strength feats that Link will have to pull off. Like pulling the hydras head (maybe), while he can replicate that feat one from the 2nd and 3rd game would get him crushed. Was saying Link won't need to stop Atlas or Cronos' attacks.

Now that's unless he's done something that massively outcasts Links strength. Can remember little from that game.

TheGoldenSpy
He used his whole body to open the mouth of the Hydra and could just barely overpower Ares while he was 300 feet tall.

BloodRain
True but iirc it looks like he puts effort into most things ie lifting room sized rocks. If not Links screwed. As the OP do the characters have to do exactly what the other does in their game?

TheGoldenSpy
LOL yeah he struggles pushing blocks just as much as he does pushing the fingers of atlas away. I think it's because the game is heavily based on puzzle segment and If Kratos did what he really could, it would be impossible for the creators to balance it. They don't want to make him look like he's breezing through the either as that would ruin the atmosphere of the game.

That said, The Hydra is gigantic and Ares is a God. They were probably class 100+ themselves.

And they would do whatever is in thier character.

The Scenario
I still think both fail, personally.

ScreamPaste
I still think both fail, personally. Agreed, Kratos is too evil, and cannot, Link is too good, and won't.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
True but iirc it looks like he puts effort into most things ie lifting room sized rocks.

Just gameplay. It gives the devs the chance to impose 'O' mashing upon the player.

If not Links screwed. As the OP do the characters have to do exactly what the other does in their game?

Yep. Which is why both fail. Kratos has areas that he cannot get through due to his morality, while the same applies to Link, except won't kill innocents. Not to mention, I doubt Link can wield the Blades of Chaos a quarter as effectively as Kratos can, but that's probably moot.

BloodRain
^Is why Im confused whether he's using full strength at other times, like with that Hydra.(or whatever it was)

But yeah their characters could possible pass the others game but not while in character. Maybe if they went at it their own way.

Demonic Phoenix
^Is why Im confused whether he's using full strength at other times, like with that Hydra.(or whatever it was)

But yeah their characters could possible pass the others game but not while in character. Maybe if they went at it their own way.

Dunno. In the GoW Novel, it states that he strained to lift the mouth of the Hydra. So yeah. I'm guessing he's much weaker in GoW1 when compared to near end GoW2 to GoW3.

Kratos couldn't. He needs the MS to beat Ganon, but he won't be able to wield it. As for Link, he might not get past Ares, or even Hades. How good is the dude's balance?
That said, can he climb a mountain barehanded while in a desert with swirling sands? vin

thereciever
ill go with demonic phoenix opinion this one lol

thereciever
thegoldenspy is right on this one.

ScreamPaste
Did you not just get warned for spamming? Holy crap, man. no expression

The Scenario
That said, can he climb a mountain barehanded while in a desert with swirling sands? vin

I would've brought up Link climing an erupting volcano barehanded, but then I remembered that was OoT, not TP. Also, Minish Cap. Some Links have done that, just not TP.

thereciever
wait hows that spamming? that dont make no sense

ScreamPaste
Posting repeatedly in quick succession is spamming.

thereciever
well i cant help it its my laptop im using wifi. do you think im doing on purposed think about what your saying and be more kind about it instead of negitive response.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.