What if David Lynch did Return of the Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CrowRoboto
I mean he was offered to do Return of the Jedi, just what could it have been like if he did the job?

queeq
Just watch Dune... you at least get an idea.

It would have been different, more psychological, prolly no Ewoks.

JediRobin23
Lucas was all about the ewoks, not the director

queeq
ROTJ is the first time Lucas wanted everything his own way. No director that likes to make it his own movie, no annoying Gary Kurtz. Just Lucas, just like the PT.

JediRobin23
Kershner should have done ROTS

queeq
Would have been a nice send-off.

roughrider
Let's remember how Irvin Kershner faltered down the stretch of his career (Robocop 2, anyone?)

queeq
All directors have lesser movies. But in case of ESB he had very good source material, and Lucas was in his prime then as well.

roughrider
Let's remember, the other finalist beside David Lynch was David Cronenberg. Now what kind of a film would he have made?

queeq
He said something about that once. Something like lightsabres growing out of the flesh of the Jedi... typical creepy Cronenberg stuff... he would never have it though. He differs too much from Lucas.

dadudemon
Oddly, RoTJ is my favorite of the PT.

David Lynch would have made RoTJ quite interesting...maybe even better than it turned out to be.

Kazenji
^

Someone got their PT and OT mixed up.

JediRobin23
Wonder if the story chooses the director in movies? do directors choose the films they want to pursue?

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by dadudemon
Oddly, RoTJ is my favorite of the PT.

David Lynch would have made RoTJ quite interesting...maybe even better than it turned out to be. ROTJ is the OT not the PT.

the ninjak
If Lynch made a SWs tehn it would've been trippy.

And would've had a darker Sith than we're use to. Kyle McLachlan would've been it for sure.

Personally not really the best choice for director. Too gritty. Too deep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.