Apocalypse vs Circe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperMan103
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/462/112984-40827-apocalypse_super.jpg

vs

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9Z54UYMDOoU/TEdaawJ-5eI/AAAAAAAACCY/Sj7lBfGfXUY/circevswonderwoman.jpg

scenario 1: in character fight (fight how they usually do)
scenario 2: all out fight (fight to the best of their abilities)

iceman24567
Don't know who is a bigger jobber but i will give Circe the DUB

TheTyrant
Any average feats for Circe?

Q99
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Any average feats for Circe?

What do you mean average feats?

One of her common ones is transforming someone into an animal or similar.

King Castle
didnt Circe get frustrated with plastic man shape shifting out of the transformations?

i vaguely recall that, might have bn on tv... embarrasment

i do know she has given diana a good run for her money but that might have bn with some slight prep and magic gaining stuff...

I'll actually go with poccy for once. her transmutation gimmicks arent gonna stick on him. Of course she has other resources, but between his stamina, teleportation and maleabilty I'd say he wins.

Q99
Transformation's just part of her arsenal. There's illusions, damaging force fields, direct blasts, mind control (Strong- Superman, Barry Allen, and Red Tornado have all fallen to her spells), physical amping, teleporting, all kinds of stuff.

She has the soul of Hecate and is a goddess of magic.

Originally posted by King Castle
didnt Circe get frustrated with plastic man shape shifting out of the transformations?

Yes, though I'll note Plas has been shown to revert from other stuff like being turned to stone too.

It's more the opposite- Diana can manage to stand against her because she's resistant to some areas of Circe's magic and because the lasso is so good against magic users (can't cast while bound). Circe is the more powerful of the two.

Fairly recently (during the "Who Is Wonder Woman?" story after Infinite Crisis) she stole the powers of Diana, Hercules, and I think most of the rest of the Greek gods.

Konton
Circe. Hard.

She's conjured defenses that locked out the entire Greek pantheon, routinely saps powers on a whim, etc. When Zatanna went looking for the high end magic guns, who did she summon? Spectre and Circe. She's been depicted as a very powerful goddess who really only has trouble with Wondy, and that's because of character history, other god's enchantments on her, and the monologues.

Q99
Originally posted by Konton
Circe. Hard.

She's conjured defenses that locked out the entire Greek pantheon, routinely saps powers on a whim, etc. When Zatanna went looking for the high end magic guns, who did she summon? Spectre and Circe.

And Neron. So, yea, Z rates her *kinda* highly smile

Yea, she and Diana have a linked destiny thing due to a prophecy.

tideoftime
Apoc can win if he gets the drop on her (which isn't implausable, though not as likely as some might think), but otherwise, despite his versatility, as long as Circe knows she's about to be attacked, he'd be hard-pressed to defeat her in a "clean" (un-aided, non-surprise) battle.

Circe: 7/10, or more, depending on specific circumstances...

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, she and Diana have a linked destiny thing due to a prophecy.

On the meta-narrative level, yes; in-narrative, that was largely resolved almost two decades ago (approximately 8-9 years ago in Comic Time), though symbolically is still very true, though perhaps more touch 'n go than it once was...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.