First look at Spider-man from the new movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
It's an... origina concept... confused

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1482/andrewgarfieldspiderman.th.jpg

PS: Look carefully and you'll notice web-shooters.

RE: Blaxican
sighs

he looks like the new dante.

Stall_19
I like it. It has an Ultimate Spider-man feel to me which is good if you want to differentiate from the original trilogy.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SamZED

Mr Parker should be happy then.

Scythe
I think it's pretty rad, reminds me of House of M spidey.

-Pr-
No idea how i feel about this atm...

Scythe
I kinda see this as like, the way Batman Begins and TDK updated the batsuit. It's not entirely different, but still something unique. From that photo, he's only missing the belt, and the gloves are tipped. He still has the spider emblem in his chest and honestly, the deal breaker to me will be the eyes on the spidey mask. They can't be round ala-noir, nor extremely jagged like a symbiote.

General_Iroh
I like it, anything they can do to make me feel like I'm not re-watching the first spider-man film. They definitely need to make it their own and changing the costume a bit is definitely heading in the right direction.

StiltmanFTW

laughing laughing laughing

Oh yeah, I'm gonna watch it and imagine you and Parm dying in agony big grin

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing laughing laughing

Oh yeah, I'm gonna watch it and imagine you and Parm dying in agony big grin disgust

stick out tongue

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Kazenji
Mr Parker should be happy then.

About the webshooters yes but what about the suit? Come on Mr Parker!!

Myself I dislike this new approach, looks way too messy, almost grungy, like someones painted it on his body badly. Plus it has already made people wonder about the tone of the movie, especially with the apparent 'darkness' of this first image leak.

That image in the OP doesn't say friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man to me!!

Stall_19
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z

Myself I dislike this new approach, looks way too messy, almost grungy, like someones painted it on his body badly. Plus it has already made people wonder about the tone of the movie, especially with the apparent 'darkness' of this first image leak.

Um clearly the image is suppose to be Peter right after a battle, hence he and his costume looks beat-up. Also that's suppose to be claw marks and not "like someone painted it on his body badly"

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
About the webshooters yes but what about the suit? Come on Mr Parker!!

That image in the OP doesn't say friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man to me!!

He looks like he just got into a fight and got severly beat up. It will probably look brighter when normal.

And I do agree that they shouldn't make Spidey dark and gritty. That works for Batman but not for Spidey.

spidermanrocks
I like the costume. My only problem with it is that there are a few red parts missing around the waist. Where is that red belt around his waist that he has in the comics? There are also a few red parts missing on the hands. But overall, I like the costume. I think it looks good. And it is good to see that he will be using webshooters. Mr Parker should be happy now laughing .

And if you look VERY closely to his right hand, you can see him holding his mask.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMUbvncnTw

Robtard
Not liking it too much, looks like shiny scale-work. Might work well for a Venom look all in black, but not here.

darthmaul1

By web shooters do you mean the mechanical ones like in the 60's spider man cartoon?

I hope not i think that would be lame.

this movie has one major thing going for it, no kirsten dunst!!!!

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Stall_19
Um clearly the image is suppose to be Peter right after a battle, hence he and his costume looks beat-up. Also that's suppose to be claw marks and not "like someone painted it on his body badly"

I've heard that argument already and can see the battle marks on the suit but the texture is way off, ribbed even (if you look it too much you get a strobe effect going on). People are already making jokes that it looks like a basketball texture or like Mystique's skin. Then over this you have this tacky liquid look which gives the look of paint, which is why I mentioned it.

The symbol looks like a confused mess and if you look closely around the battle damage the marks to indicate the black webbing are all over the place. Not to mention further down the suit when lightened you can clearly see seams and sectioning (why?), with weird rubber-like material.

The gloves: need I say more?

Change from Raimi's suit, fine, I understand that but to this?

Kazenji
Originally posted by darthmaul1
By web shooters do you mean the mechanical ones like in the 60's spider man cartoon?

I fail to see how its lame

its one of his main things he uses erm

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
He looks like he just got into a fight and got severly beat up. It will probably look brighter when normal.

And I do agree that they shouldn't make Spidey dark and gritty. That works for Batman but not for Spidey.

Possibly, but whether in light or in dark something about this costume doesn't feel right, to me anyway.

I really hope they don't try to 'darken' Spider-Man's character but from that image that's clearly the tone they are setting otherwise they wouldn't have released it like that. They'd have released a picture truer to his nature.

Even at the worst of times Spider-Man's always a character that is optimistic and bright and putting too much dark themes and angst, brooding and misery is going to turn people off, just look how people reacted to Raimi's representation of Venom Spider-Man.

Micheal_Myers
http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/Spiderman.jpg

Costume looks a lot brighter in this photo taken from the set. Honestly, my only real problem with the suit is the missing red band around the waist. Everything else is tolerable.

SamZED
They say JJJ isnt gonna be in the movie. Weird..

the ninjak
They say JJJ isnt gonna be in the movie. Weird..

High School Years Spidey isn;t it? He did'nt have the job yet.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by the ninjak

Right. If the film is succesful it would make more sense to work Jonah into the second film. After we've already established this new Spiderman thats when you can introduce Jonah publicizing newspapers targeting spiderman as a menace.

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by the ninjak

He began selling photos to the Daily Bugle in the second issue of ASM.

spidermanrocks
More set images of the Spider-Man costume have been released.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=28502

I'm not happy with it. Why did they have to make so many changes (especially to the hands)? At least he will still act like Spidey. Af for the eyes, their actual color will be white but the lighting in that image makes them look red.

SamZED
OH MY GOD MY EYES!!!! What did they do? He looks like a cheap action figure.

Scythe
Not sure if it's been posted, but Emma Stone said he'll have his web shooters.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/emma-stone-confirms-spider-man-movie-mechanical-web-shooters

I still like the suit, pretty Ben Reilly and its different.

Scythe
m9hpP7d2-wo

StiltmanFTW
More set images of the Spider-Man costume have been released.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=28502

I'm not happy with it. Why did they have to make so many changes (especially to the hands)? At least he will still act like Spidey. Af for the eyes, their actual color will be white but the lighting in that image makes them look red.

xaA2eKABuEE

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
xaA2eKABuEE laughing laughing laughing

darthmaul1
I fail to see how its lame

its one of his main things he uses erm

It should be part of his mutation! Not a mechanical device!

LanceWindu

Have you ever read the comics?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Scythe
m9hpP7d2-wo

Nice! Looks good to me.

Mr. Rhythmic
Look, I know they're trying 'realism' and so forth, but this costume's pretty darn awful. I know they want to deviate from the original trilogy, but come on, you can't beat perfection. Spidey's outfit in the first three films was absolutely incredible.

spidermanrocks

It looks like an unlockable costume from a video game sad

I have a feeling that the costume will transfer from films to comic books when the movie comes out to attract new fans. I would hate to have that costume in the comics.

Kazenji
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Have you ever read the comics?

He does'nt read comics

mentioned that in another thread he has...so yeah he does'nt have any say who what should be done.

Scythe
I welcome change, probably because I can seperate movie and comic universes with ease, so it's not a biggie to me. Thankfully, because while I like it, I do see the huge ass change from the norm. Because it's seperated from what the comics convey, I can live with the Marvel Movie-verse having Ultimate Nick Fury and so on.

darthmaul1
He does'nt read comics

mentioned that in another thread he has...so yeah he does'nt have any say who what should be done.

Chuck you Farley! Just because someone doesn't read the comics doesn't mean they can't have an opinion! and not everything in a comic transfers properly or well to the big screen! In my experience most of the nut bar fans that are REALLY into the comics think that the comic is the best thing in the world! when it's not. This is why some of them feel the movies like GI Joe, Wolverine, and even transformers fail on the big screen.

LanceWindu
Chuck you Farley! Just because someone doesn't read the comics doesn't mean they can't have an opinion! and not everything in a comic transfers properly or well to the big screen! In my experience most of the nut bar fans that are REALLY into the comics think that the comic is the best thing in the world! when it's not. This is why some of them feel the movies like GI Joe, Wolverine, and even transformers fail on the big screen.

GI Joe and Wolverine DID fail on the big screen.

darthmaul1
GI Joe and Wolverine DID fail on the big screen.

Like hell they did!
Comic movies that failed IMO are
Hulk (ang lee's)
Punisher warzone
watchmen
superman returns
spiderman 3
batman and robin
batman forever

darthmaul1
I know the video of that scene is taken out of context but it looked like the live action tv show (hoky)

LanceWindu
Like hell they did!
Hulk (ang lee's)
Punisher warzone
watchmen
superman returns
spiderman 3
batman and robin
batman forever

I agree with all of those fails...except for Punisher Warzone. While it failed financially, it was a great action movie.

Just because GI Joe and Wolverine made money, does not mean they were good films.

darthmaul1
I agree with all of those fails...except for Punisher Warzone. While it failed financially, it was a great action movie.

Just because GI Joe and Wolverine made money, does not mean they were good films.

I agree that just because a movie makes money it does not mean they were good films case in point transformers 2.

but IMO GI Joe and wolverine were good films
Punisher warzone was crap, I'll take the 2nd one with thomas jane.
that was way better.

spidermanrocks
Like hell they did!
Hulk (ang lee's)
Punisher warzone
watchmen
superman returns
spiderman 3
batman and robin
batman forever

Punisher: War Zone and Watchmen aren't bad movies. They're both great adaptations of their perspective characters.

Scythe
New pics

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2011/01/spiderman-4_jpg_e_723d633edd5bb7d527f5b3714f765292.jpg
http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/spider-man3.jpg
http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/spider-man5.jpg
http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/spider-man4.jpg
http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/spider-man6.jpg
http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/spider-man13.jpg
http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/spider-man14.jpg
http://cdn.superherohype.com/images/stories/spider-man17.jpg

spidermanrocks
The costume looks a little better in action but I still don't think it's very good.

General_Iroh
The mask is kind of bothering me, but otherwise I like it erm

SamZED
Mask is fine by me, but those boots...

BruceSkywalker
so far its too meh, will wait for more to come out

Phoenix2001
I'm not particularly bothered by the suit. I actually have hope for this movie.

MotionCityJimmy
I like the idea of the reboot but not this soon after the original 3. Granted they weren't that good but waiting would make it a lot more fresh and exciting.

Suit doesn't look bad, and it's not THAT important.

Scythe
The costume looks a little better in action

That was my reaction as well. I wasn't exactly where those photos were taken, but I was on the opposite side of the street overlooking the filming from a two story apartment and it looked awesome.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by General_Iroh
The mask is kind of bothering me, but otherwise I like it erm

What's wrong with the mask?

General_Iroh
I dunno it's like the eyes are positioned weird on it or something, it's just bugging me a bit

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
I'm not particularly bothered by the suit. I actually have hope for this movie.

I also have high hopes for this movie. Even though the costume doesn't look good so far, I can get over that if the acting and story itself is good.

Scythe
I'm pretty glad that we're seeing wire work instead of full on CG web swinging.

Mr Parker

thanks for proving your not a spiderman fan,that you are only a man-spider fan.

Mr Parker
I like the costume. My only problem with it is that there are a few red parts missing around the waist. Where is that red belt around his waist that he has in the comics? There are also a few red parts missing on the hands. But overall, I like the costume. I think it looks good. And it is good to see that he will be using webshooters. Mr Parker should be happy now laughing .

And if you look VERY closely to his right hand, you can see him holding his mask.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMUbvncnTw

hell yeah,im doing cartwheels all over now.yahoo Happy Dance Happy Dance we finally get to see SPIDERMAN on the screen NOT man-spider. Happy Dance bet that will upset the Raimi apologists who defended those moronic organics so much to know end with the most ludicrous explanations from the mechs cant work on screen,and its not believeable that teenage kid could create webshooters but everything else was. laughing Those Rami apologists would always sound like they were on drugs everytime they defended those moronic organics. laughing the costume i got no problem with, just dont bring back back that metal alien from outer space Green Goblin costume again being ALL green with no purple if they make a sequal with the green goblin again.they better get THIS franchise right this time.Hopefully "THIS" spiderman movie will be what Batman Begins was to Batman at that time,the one and only TRUE Batman movie which erased that nightmare franchise of the Burton/scumacher tragedy movies.Now The Dark Knight of course joins that company.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Mr Parker
hell yeah,im doing cartwheels all over now.yahoo Happy Dance Happy Dance we finally get to see SPIDERMAN on the screen NOT man-spider. Happy Dance bet that will upset the Raimi apologists who defended those moronic organics so much to know end with the most ludicrous explanations from the mechs cant work on screen,and its not believeable that teenage kid could create webshooters but everything else was. laughing Those Rami apologists would always sound like they were on drugs everytime they defended those moronic organics. laughing the costume i got no problem with, just dont bring back back that metal alien from outer space Green Goblin costume again being ALL green with no purple if they make a sequal with the green goblin again.they better get THIS franchise right this time.Hopefully "THIS" spiderman movie will be what Batman Begins was to Batman at that time,the one and only TRUE Batman movie which erased that nightmare franchise of the Burton/scumacher tragedy movies.Now The Dark Knight of course joins that company. Haha, you haven't changed at all in the past two years Parker. laughing

Kazenji
With them Raimi Spider-Man movies Sam Raimi was apparantly a Fan of spidey before the first movie got made but i got no idea why they went with the organics i guess too many yes men telling him what to do.

RE: Blaxican
I think it just comes down to movie making limits. If they'd gone with the mechanical web shooters, they would have had to go out of their way to portray Peter as some kind of super genius (which he is in the comics), which isn't what they were really going for in the Raimi movies, imo. Peter was "smart", but it takes an entirely different kind of smart to create a substance from scratch that acts in a manner similar to webbing and is impressive enough to hold steel, and stuff. I think Raimi was worried about the audience's suspension of disbelief.

spidermanrocks
hell yeah,im doing cartwheels all over now.yahoo Happy Dance Happy Dance we finally get to see SPIDERMAN on the screen NOT man-spider. Happy Dance bet that will upset the Raimi apologists who defended those moronic organics so much to know end with the most ludicrous explanations from the mechs cant work on screen,and its not believeable that teenage kid could create webshooters but everything else was. laughing Those Rami apologists would always sound like they were on drugs everytime they defended those moronic organics. laughing the costume i got no problem with, just dont bring back back that metal alien from outer space Green Goblin costume again being ALL green with no purple if they make a sequal with the green goblin again.they better get THIS franchise right this time.Hopefully "THIS" spiderman movie will be what Batman Begins was to Batman at that time,the one and only TRUE Batman movie which erased that nightmare franchise of the Burton/scumacher tragedy movies.Now The Dark Knight of course joins that company.

Raimi didn't want Peter to use organic webbing in his films. Originally, Raimi wanted Peter to use both organic and mechanical webbing. How is that possible, you might ask? I didn't understand either. But then, Raimi explained in further detail the idea he had. The spider would have given Peter organic webbing. However, Peter wouldn't have been able to control it so he would have made a mechanical webshooters that would help him control his webbing. Raimi was forced to abandon this idea by Sony. So if you want to blame anyone here for the organic webbing, blame Sony.

The Green Goblin's suit wasn't Raimi's idea either. Dafoe was supposed to wear a similar costume to the one in the comics. But wearing the costume Raimi had in mind wasn't too comfortable for Dafoe so Dafoe asked Sony to ask Raimi to make a new Green Goblin costume so Raimi was forced to use that Power Rangers suit instead. You should do research, Mr Parker.

And do you really hate the first two Spider-Man films just because of the organic webbing? Everything else from the comics is still there in the first two Raimi films (except a good Mary Jane and a Spider-Man that is a wisecracker) so they're not that bad.

Arahan
Mr.Parker will never change^^

MotionCityJimmy
I had no idea that he was supposed to be having mechanical webbing. I don't even like that idea. For me it's more plausible that his genetics were effed by some crazy spider than having webbing that probably weighed him down, and probably wasn't as effective. I've never read the comics, obviously, but as a movie goer I was totally fine with what was done. And I'll probably be okay with the mechanical approach too if done right.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by MotionCityJimmy
I had no idea that he was supposed to be having mechanical webbing. I don't even like that idea. For me it's more plausible that his genetics were effed by some crazy spider than having webbing that probably weighed him down, and probably wasn't as effective. I've never read the comics, obviously, but as a movie goer I was totally fine with what was done. And I'll probably be okay with the mechanical approach too if done right.

Read the comics, you'll understand why he has mechanical shooters.

darthmaul1
I worried just by the shots of him swinging through the air. Unless they will cgi him later but even him running through the streets look like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcCt2Ag4Sg

MotionCityJimmy

Could you just tell me?

Scythe
Could you just tell me?

He builds them because he's super smart at the age of fifteen in the comics. He never had organic webbing. Only until recently, a story arc called Other, did he have organic webbing and stingers that come out of his forearms. Though that all changed due to a retcon. So, long story short, he built them as a kid, a webbing liquid that dissolves in an hour or so.

Having to utilize web cartridges added a sense of danger to readers back then that he could by chance run out in mid-fight and so on. What many are trying to state though, is that mechanical web shooters are the norm for Spidey, seeing him without them is odd, I suppose. Doesn't really matter to me if the movie is entertaining.

MotionCityJimmy
Ah. Okay. Yeah, to me it doesn't really matter, just as long as it's entertaining and makes sense.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I think it just comes down to movie making limits. If they'd gone with the mechanical web shooters, they would have had to go out of their way to portray Peter as some kind of super genius (which he is in the comics), which isn't what they were really going for in the Raimi movies, imo. Peter was "smart", but it takes an entirely different kind of smart to create a substance from scratch that acts in a manner similar to webbing and is impressive enough to hold steel, and stuff. I think Raimi was worried about the audience's suspension of disbelief.

to that logic,no spiderman movie should have been made then because the WHOLE thing of spiderman is unbelieveable,there are things in these movies that are far more absurd than that and requires MORE of a suspension of disbelief so that holds no water. laughing laughing it was done because Raimi was too damn lazy to include them and take the extra time it would take to explain them,thats all.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Haha, you haven't changed at all in the past two years Parker. laughing

I will NEVER become a MAN-SPIDER fan.I for one unlike thousands of others, were not willing to be happy and excited to finally see a spiderman movie made and be happy with it just because the name spiderman is on the screen and a guy is dressed in a spiderman outfit swinging around.

Mr Parker
I like the idea of the reboot but not this soon after the original 3. Granted they weren't that good but waiting would make it a lot more fresh and exciting.

Suit doesn't look bad, and it's not THAT important.
totally agree,even though I LOVE it that they are making a reboot,its too damn soon to making one.

Mr Parker
Mask is fine by me, but those boots...

yeah I dont care for the boots either or the red stripe along the pants,but THAT I can live with.

Mr Parker
best advise ever why he needs the mechanical shooters. thumb up

Mr Parker
Raimi didn't want Peter to use organic webbing in his films. Originally, Raimi wanted Peter to use both organic and mechanical webbing. How is that possible, you might ask? I didn't understand either. But then, Raimi explained in further detail the idea he had. The spider would have given Peter organic webbing. However, Peter wouldn't have been able to control it so he would have made a mechanical webshooters that would help him control his webbing. Raimi was forced to abandon this idea by Sony. So if you want to blame anyone here for the organic webbing, blame Sony.

The Green Goblin's suit wasn't Raimi's idea either. Dafoe was supposed to wear a similar costume to the one in the comics. But wearing the costume Raimi had in mind wasn't too comfortable for Dafoe so Dafoe asked Sony to ask Raimi to make a new Green Goblin costume so Raimi was forced to use that Power Rangers suit instead. You should do research, Mr Parker.

And do you really hate the first two Spider-Man films just because of the organic webbing? Everything else from the comics is still there in the first two Raimi films (except a good Mary Jane and a Spider-Man that is a wisecracker) so they're not that bad.

ah no,it was a LOT more than just organics that ruined those movies for me.the organics were just a side note on WHY those movies were so horrible.there were tons of other things about the movie i hated far worse than the organics which ruined the movie for me.I knew the movies would suck,i knew if they allowed something so stupid as that,they would do many other stupid things with it as well such as Peter knowing mary jane since grade school for example.that was just plain stupid,another moronic and unnessary change. mad

people make the mistake that just because i hate organics because it rapes to death his character,that i want the movies to be exactly like the comicbooks which is totally untrue. roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont mind changes just as long as they are reasonable like I did not mind it that Peter met mary Jane in the movies first before Gwen,or that he met her in high school instead of college,THOSE are reasonable changes that arent that big of a deal.BUt knowing Mj since grade school and organics? How pathetic can you get? Plus,if your objective,and you actually take time to get past how great the special effects are,especailly the second one with the fight with doc ock,you'll see how horrible these movies REALLY are,that they really look like they were written by a five year old. sick seriously.I could send you a link to a thread from here from the past by pm where I gave my reasons on why the movies were so bad and why I bashed them if you like? at least then you'll know my REASONS for why i find these movies to look like they were written by some 5 year old.

spidermanrocks
ah no,it was a LOT more than just organics that ruined those movies for me.the organics were just a side note on WHY those movies were so horrible.there were tons of other things about the movie i hated far worse than the organics which ruined the movie for me.I knew the movies would suck,i knew if they allowed something so stupid as that,they would do many other stupid things with it as well such as Peter knowing mary jane since grade school for example.that was just plain stupid,another moronic and unnessary change. mad

people make the mistake that just because i hate organics because it rapes to death his character,that i want the movies to be exactly like the comicbooks which is totally untrue. roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont mind changes just as long as they are reasonable like I did not mind it that Peter met mary Jane in the movies first before Gwen,or that he met her in high school instead of college,THOSE are reasonable changes that arent that big of a deal.BUt knowing Mj since grade school and organics? How pathetic can you get? Plus,if your objective,and you actually take time to get past how great the special effects are,especailly the second one with the fight with doc ock,you'll see how horrible these movies REALLY are,that they really look like they were written by a five year old. sick seriously.I could send you a link to a thread from here from the past by pm where I gave my reasons on why the movies were so bad and why I bashed them if you like? at least then you'll know my REASONS for why i find these movies to look like they were written by some 5 year old.

Him knowing MJ since grade school isn't a major change. The important part is that they stay true to the PERSONALITIES and MOTIVATIONS of the characters. THAT is the most important part of a character. As long as they got that part right, I am fine with small changes such as Peter knowing MJ since grade school.

It isn't Raimi's fault that the films had organics instead of mechanical webshooters. Blame Sony for that. I do admit that they should have used mechanical webshooters instead of organic webbing. The major thing wrong with Spidey's character in the Raimi franchise is that he wasn't a wisecracker. Other than that, Raimi's take on the character wasn't that bad. I would have liked to see Spidey use his brain in battles more (just like in the comics). But overall, Raimi's films were pretty decent Spider-Man films. They didn't capture all important aspects of the characters like how Nolan's Batman captured all important aspects of Batman. But they were still good Spider-Man movies (except 3). Spider-Man 1 was ok. Spider-Man 2 was great. Spider-Man 3 was garbage.

Stop treating Raimi's films as if they raped Spidey to death. You seem to think that they are equally as bad as the Burton/Schumalker Batman movies and they're FAR superior.

And how do you hate organics but don't mind the reboot's costume? The costume looks terrible and stupid IMO.

Kazenji
Typical of Mr Parker couple of posts one after another instead of one.

Arahan
Whats wrong about organic webbing? It could happen that he got the webbing as a power. I mean Spiderman has super strentgh, durability, speed, healing by the spider bite why not the webbing? I really dont understand why you are bitching so much about it.

You should be more upset about Spiderman 3, well that was a movie to complian.

In the reboot Iam not very happy with the Costume. This is more important than the web shooters imo. And what the hell is happening here laughing laughing laughing

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4586/spidermansetpicsfeb4a8.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4804/spidermansetpicsfeb4a9.jpg

MotionCityJimmy
That looks dirty.

spidermanrocks
The costume looks a bit better now.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Arahan
Whats wrong about organic webbing? It could happen that he got the webbing as a power. I mean Spiderman has super strentgh, durability, speed, healing by the spider bite why not the webbing? I really dont understand why you are bitching so much about it.

In the reboot Iam not very happy with the Costume. This is more important than the web shooters imo. And what the hell is happening here laughing laughing laughing

either a hurracanranna(sp?) or something else laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud embarrasment

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Arahan

well a man-spider fan like you wont understand this but organics equals man-spider,a monster chemical webbing equals spiderman,some of us care about sony raping to death his character and seing this phony neautered version of being called spiderman when the character is REALLY man-spider. roll eyes (sarcastic) as was spiderman one as well which wasnt that much better when you take the blinders off. roll eyes (sarcastic) well thats man-spider logic for ya. that the costume is more importan than the shooters.roll eyes (sarcastic) with organics,any idiot like flash thompson could have created the webbing,with the mechs it was peter and peters destiny alone to be come spiderman because not just anybody could have been smart enough like he was to create the webbing. laughing laughing

Mr Parker
Him knowing MJ since grade school isn't a major change. The important part is that they stay true to the PERSONALITIES and MOTIVATIONS of the characters. THAT is the most important part of a character. As long as they got that part right, I am fine with small changes such as Peter knowing MJ since grade school.

It isn't Raimi's fault that the films had organics instead of mechanical webshooters. Blame Sony for that. I do admit that they should have used mechanical webshooters instead of organic webbing. The major thing wrong with Spidey's character in the Raimi franchise is that he wasn't a wisecracker. Other than that, Raimi's take on the character wasn't that bad. I would have liked to see Spidey use his brain in battles more (just like in the comics). But overall, Raimi's films were pretty decent Spider-Man films. They didn't capture all important aspects of the characters like how Nolan's Batman captured all important aspects of Batman. But they were still good Spider-Man movies (except 3). Spider-Man 1 was ok. Spider-Man 2 was great. Spider-Man 3 was garbage.

Stop treating Raimi's films as if they raped Spidey to death. You seem to think that they are equally as bad as the Burton/Schumalker Batman movies and they're FAR superior.

And how do you hate organics but don't mind the reboot's costume? The costume looks terrible and stupid IMO.

actually it was that jerk James cameron to blame for organics because in case you did not know,HE was the idiot that came up with the idea and since he is such a well respected director,sony ignorantly caved in to what he originally wanted and like the idea.Raimi is a yes man,he does not have the balls to stick up the them and say- i will make this movie the way i want to or i wont make it so he was the perfect replacement for Cameron.He doesnt have guts like Nolan.Nolan was told initially by warner brothers to make batman begins a certain way but HE wasnt a coward.he stood up to them and told them-I will make this movie the way I want to,not the way you want me to.so I do blame Raimi because he is a coward being the yes man he is.

and so what,him knowing her since grade school is another moronic unnessary change,get with the program.oh and i have ALWAYS blamed sony and Cameron mostly for raping to death the character of spiderman just so you know. wink i only hate raimi for being a yes man and not standing up to them like Nolan did with warner brothers.sorry they ARE equally as bad as Burton/schumachers batman movies are,I told you, once you get past how great the special effects are and you use an objective mind,they ARE horribly written and pathetic movies. but with your user name you have,you obviously arent open minded about that and how bad these movies really are. you dont have batman as part of your user name,so you are objective when it comes to those films,too bad you wont do the same for those pathetic spiderman films which i consider even WORSE than the burton/schumacher batman films which i never thought would be possible.

oh and as you can see from the results of your poll you did one time,there are quite a few others that agree with me that these films suck. laughing laughing laughing out loud thumb up the poll was pretty even by the numbers.

if you dont think the organics pissed off thousands of fans and ruined it chances to be number one at the box office,your dead wrong.this is a true story i swear to god.i used to work as a stocker a toy store at the time when that movie came out and i used to have kids come in there all the time and i would hear them ask their friends if they had seen the spiderman movie yet and i would always hear comments from them like-yeah i seen it.the thing i hated about it though was didnt he have like webshooters on his wrists and he created the webbing though? and they would reply MANY times and say-yeah he did,yeah that movie really sucked,i cant believe they didnt give him those.

MotionCityJimmy
I blame Stan Lee.

No I don't.

Mr Parker
oh and here is that link to that poll you gave.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f47/t512503.html

as i said,as you can see,the results were pretty even and others agree with me that the movies really suck.lol. and as i said in my last post,that story about those kids that came into my store all the time that year talking about how they hated the movie because he did not have the mechanical shooters,is true,i swear.i have no reason to make that up.the kids are a large part of spidermans appeal,sony just hurt themselves box office wise by doing that.the man-spider fans will live in denial about that of course but its so obviously true.

spidermanrocks
well a man-spider fan like you wont understand this but organics equals man-spider,a monster chemical webbing equals spiderman,some of us care about sony raping to death his character and seing this phony neautered version of being called spiderman when the character is REALLY man-spider. roll eyes (sarcastic) as was spiderman one as well which wasnt that much better when you take the blinders off. roll eyes (sarcastic) well thats man-spider logic for ya. that the costume is more importan than the shooters.roll eyes (sarcastic) with organics,any idiot like flash thompson could have created the webbing,with the mechs it was peter and peters destiny alone to be come spiderman because not just anybody could have been smart enough like he was to create the webbing. laughing laughing

No one besides Peter can be Spider-Man. You can't just gain Spider abilities and call yourself Spider-Man. Even if the whole Marvel universe was born with spider-powers (including organic webbing), Peter would still be the only one capable of being Spider-Man. Being Spider-Man means knowing the fact that the great power given upon him must be used for great responsibility. THAT is why the spider "chose" Peter (he didn't literally choose Peter but you get my point) to be the one with great power. Someone like Flash Thompson wouldn't be able to be Spider-Man even if he had organic webbing. Why? Because only Peter is the one that knows how to use the spider's abilities for good.

And even if you were to argue that anyone could have been Spider-Man with organic webbing, that is still not true. Spider-Man is very intelligent. He always defeats his enemies by using his brain. Flash Thompson (and almost everyone else in the Spider-Man supporting cast) would not be able to defeat any villains because they wouldn't be smart enough. So even with organic webbing, Peter is still the only true Spider-Man.

-Pr-
except that it wasn't hurt box office wise. Spider-Man made over 800 million dollars. Spider-Man 2 made over 700 million, and Spider-Man 3 made almost 900 million.

It wasn't hurt at all.

spidermanrocks
actually it was that jerk James cameron to blame for organics because in case you did not know,HE was the idiot that came up with the idea and since he is such a well respected director,sony ignorantly caved in to what he originally wanted and like the idea.Raimi is a yes man,he does not have the balls to stick up the them and say- i will make this movie the way i want to or i wont make it so he was the perfect replacement for Cameron.He doesnt have guts like Nolan.Nolan was told initially by warner brothers to make batman begins a certain way but HE wasnt a coward.he stood up to them and told them-I will make this movie the way I want to,not the way you want me to.so I do blame Raimi because he is a coward being the yes man he is.

and so what,him knowing her since grade school is another moronic unnessary change,get with the program.oh and i have ALWAYS blamed sony and Cameron mostly for raping to death the character of spiderman just so you know. wink i only hate raimi for being a yes man and not standing up to them like Nolan did with warner brothers.sorry they ARE equally as bad as Burton/schumachers batman movies are,I told you, once you get past how great the special effects are and you use an objective mind,they ARE horribly written and pathetic movies. but with your user name you have,you obviously arent open minded about that and how bad these movies really are. you dont have batman as part of your user name,so you are objective when it comes to those films,too bad you wont do the same for those pathetic spiderman films which i consider even WORSE than the burton/schumacher batman films which i never thought would be possible.

oh and as you can see from the results of your poll you did one time,there are quite a few others that agree with me that these films suck. laughing laughing laughing out loud thumb up the poll was pretty even by the numbers.

if you dont think the organics pissed off thousands of fans and ruined it chances to be number one at the box office,your dead wrong.this is a true story i swear to god.i used to work as a stocker a toy store at the time when that movie came out and i used to have kids come in there all the time and i would hear them ask their friends if they had seen the spiderman movie yet and i would always hear comments from them like-yeah i seen it.the thing i hated about it though was didnt he have like webshooters on his wrists and he created the webbing though? and they would reply MANY times and say-yeah he did,yeah that movie really sucked,i cant believe they didnt give him those.

I know that idea came from James Cameron. But blame Sony for caving into his idea. And what do you think Sony would have said if Raimi wouldn't have accepted organics? They would have told him "Then you're off the project. We don't want people like you directing Spider-Man." And Sony would have done that to every other director that would have directed the Spider-Man films. And Nolan was never told to make Batman Begins a certain way. Warner Bros just asked him to make a good dark Batman film. They didn't interfere with Nolan's ideas a lot.

And just to tell you, Raimi is the same "yes man" who walked off the project and suggested for a reboot to happen when Sony was about to interfere and make Spider-Man 4 the way they wanted to. So because of Raimi, we will now get a good reboot instead of a crappy Spider-Man film where Sony had more involvement in than Raimi (like Spider-Man 3). If Raimi was the yes-man you claim he is, then he wouldn't have walked away from the Spider-Man 4 project.

And WHY is it a moronic change? Care to explain? It is a very minor change, just like how Lucius Fox being the one supplying Batman with gadgets in Batman Begins is a minor change too. It never affected the personalities and motivations of the characters. That is what is the most important content that the movies must borrow from the comics, not small nitpicks like yours.

You think the Burton/Schumalker films were better than the Spider-Man films? Wow. Just wow. I don't even know what to say. You have some bad taste in films, sir. The Spider-Man films are FAR more accurate to the Spider-Man comics (except SM3) than the old Batman films will ever be (compared to the Batman comics, of course). Plus, you keep saying that you like Batman Forever, when that movie isn't a good Batman adaptation. I do agree that Batman Forever was probably the closest Batman film to the comics out of the Burton/Schumalker films but it still sucked.

My username is referring to the Spider-Man CHARACTER. As for the pole, 16 people said they enjoyed the first two Spidey films and 6 people said that the first 2 Spidey films sucked. 37.5% of the people who voted hated Raimi's first 2 films while the rest liked them. And it was my younger brother who made that poll BTW. This account is owned by 3 people. And Spider-Man was one of the most liked film of 2002. I don't know where you're getting your info from. And LOL you expect me to believe that kids hated the films just because he didn't have organic webbing? Most kids didn't even know that Spidey has mechanical webshooters. ROFL laughing

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by -Pr-
except that it wasn't hurt box office wise. Spider-Man made over 800 million dollars. Spider-Man 2 made over 700 million, and Spider-Man 3 made almost 900 million.

It wasn't hurt at all.

The first film made 822 million. The second film made 784 million. The third film made 891 million.

-Pr-
The first film made 822 million. The second film made 784 million. The third film made 891 million.

aye.

Black bolt z
Costume is OK. Not sure about the guys acting skills.

Kazenji
It is a very minor change, just like how Lucius Fox being the one supplying Batman with gadgets in Batman Begins is a minor change too. It never affected the personalities and motivations of the characters.

Not much difference from the comics there roll eyes (sarcastic)

Arachnid1
I will NEVER become a MAN-SPIDER fan.I for one unlike thousands of others, were not willing to be happy and excited to finally see a spiderman movie made and be happy with it just because the name spiderman is on the screen and a guy is dressed in a spiderman outfit swinging around. I never said change your opinion. If you have some sort of undying hatred for web shooters, that's great.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Costume is OK. Not sure about the guys acting skills. Garfield? I think he's a great actor. I've seen a few of his films (most recently The Social Network). From what I've seen, he'll make an excellent Peter Parker.

The main problem is that the costume is just. OK. It looked amazing in this picture:
http://www.visocentral.com/spider-man-reboot-first-picture-of-andrew-garfield-as-spidey-yes-in-costume/

But it looks worse in the others. I'm happy that the biggest problem I have with the movie is the costume though. That gives me a lot of hope for it.

Kazenji
Lets hope they have peter doing wisecracks in this one.

spidermanrocks
Not much difference from the comics there roll eyes (sarcastic)

That change never affected the character's personality (which is the most important). Bale's Batman is still a playboy (when being Bruce Wayne), still has the same origin and backstory, same motivations and morals that Batman has, same fighting abilities, same detective skills (yes, he did use a bit of detective skills in TDK at the end when he analyses the bricks to find the Joker's location; I hope he uses more detective skills in TDKR. He probably will since he will be facing Bane, who is also very intelligent), etc.

Also, He barely asks Lucius to make him new gadgets. Lucius is just a guy that he visits sometimes whenever he needs something very important for his Batman persona (like the new suit). He gave Bruce the items he needed when he first became Batman and later asked him a year later to make him a new suit. It isn't the same scenario as in Batman Beyond, where Terry ALWAYS needs new items. I would say that Batman doesn't need to make most of the gadgets as long as he knows how to perfectly use them (in adaptations). And he does know how to perfectly use them in BB and TDK. And I'm glad that he at least constructed everything in the interior of the batcave.

spidermanrocks
I have a question for Mr Parker:

If Raimi's Spider-Man films had webshooters instead of organic webbing while everything else in Raimi's trilogy stayed the same, would you have liked the Spider-Man films? I know you would have probably hated Spider-Man 3. That's normal. I don't like it either and neither do most people. But would you have liked the first two Spidey flicks they had webshooters? I'm curious to hear your response. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Arahan
Did you just reduce Spiderman to his web shooters?
You really have some issues wink
Well I am still mixed up with Garfield as Spiderman.

Mr Parker
No one besides Peter can be Spider-Man. You can't just gain Spider abilities and call yourself Spider-Man. Even if the whole Marvel universe was born with spider-powers (including organic webbing), Peter would still be the only one capable of being Spider-Man. Being Spider-Man means knowing the fact that the great power given upon him must be used for great responsibility. THAT is why the spider "chose" Peter (he didn't literally choose Peter but you get my point) to be the one with great power. Someone like Flash Thompson wouldn't be able to be Spider-Man even if he had organic webbing. Why? Because only Peter is the one that knows how to use the spider's abilities for good.

And even if you were to argue that anyone could have been Spider-Man with organic webbing, that is still not true. Spider-Man is very intelligent. He always defeats his enemies by using his brain. Flash Thompson (and almost everyone else in the Spider-Man supporting cast) would not be able to defeat any villains because they wouldn't be smart enough. So even with organic webbing, Peter is still the only true Spider-Man.

your dodging the FACT that if flash thompson or some other dork was the one that got bit,that without the organics,there would be no spiderman swiinging around town. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
I know that idea came from James Cameron. But blame Sony for caving into his idea. And what do you think Sony would have said if Raimi wouldn't have accepted organics? They would have told him "Then you're off the project. We don't want people like you directing Spider-Man." And Sony would have done that to every other director that would have directed the Spider-Man films. And Nolan was never told to make Batman Begins a certain way. Warner Bros just asked him to make a good dark Batman film. They didn't interfere with Nolan's ideas a lot.

And just to tell you, Raimi is the same "yes man" who walked off the project and suggested for a reboot to happen when Sony was about to interfere and make Spider-Man 4 the way they wanted to. So because of Raimi, we will now get a good reboot instead of a crappy Spider-Man film where Sony had more involvement in than Raimi (like Spider-Man 3). If Raimi was the yes-man you claim he is, then he wouldn't have walked away from the Spider-Man 4 project.

And WHY is it a moronic change? Care to explain? It is a very minor change, just like how Lucius Fox being the one supplying Batman with gadgets in Batman Begins is a minor change too. It never affected the personalities and motivations of the characters. That is what is the most important content that the movies must borrow from the comics, not small nitpicks like yours.

You think the Burton/Schumalker films were better than the Spider-Man films? Wow. Just wow. I don't even know what to say. You have some bad taste in films, sir. The Spider-Man films are FAR more accurate to the Spider-Man comics (except SM3) than the old Batman films will ever be (compared to the Batman comics, of course). Plus, you keep saying that you like Batman Forever, when that movie isn't a good Batman adaptation. I do agree that Batman Forever was probably the closest Batman film to the comics out of the Burton/Schumalker films but it still sucked.

My username is referring to the Spider-Man CHARACTER. As for the pole, 16 people said they enjoyed the first two Spidey films and 6 people said that the first 2 Spidey films sucked. 37.5% of the people who voted hated Raimi's first 2 films while the rest liked them. And it was my younger brother who made that poll BTW. This account is owned by 3 people. And Spider-Man was one of the most liked film of 2002. I don't know where you're getting your info from. And LOL you expect me to believe that kids hated the films just because he didn't have organic webbing? Most kids didn't even know that Spidey has mechanical webshooters. ROFL laughing

thats not what I heard about Nolan. man-spider fans got no logic or common sense,to say organics is a minor change or knowing mj since grade school is is being just plain ignorant,it rapes to death this character and the spidey mythos.if you want to live in denial about that that, then your not a loyal spidey fan and dont care about sony raping to death the source material.go ahead,i dont care.,.im not going to explain it to you because my experrience with man-spider fans like you is you dont want to accept that fact.i already told you i would send you a link of my past bashings of the organics and why their moronic,you didnt ask for them,well thats all you'll get cause i certainly am not going to waste my breath with you on that.

prove that about Raimi,i dont believe it.

thats not true at all,kids no perfectly well he has mechanical webshooters,they saw the 90's cartoon show which ALWAYS showed he ahs mechanical webshooters. roll eyes (sarcastic) stop making things up to suit your own tales and i told you only what i witnessed at that store,that doesnt mean ALL kids are like that,i never said that.are you calling me a liar that i made that story up about those kids? if you are,then this is far as this goes,i dont lie,matter of fact im pissed at my best friend right now cause i caught him blatanly lying to me red handed recently. i may make mistakes but i dont lie land i wasnt lying about that story i told you of those kids i heard talking about how they hated the movies cause of organics.

yeah spiderman rocks,but man-spider sucks and thats all we have in these three pathetic movies. laughing

Mr Parker
I have a question for Mr Parker:

If Raimi's Spider-Man films had webshooters instead of organic webbing while everything else in Raimi's trilogy stayed the same, would you have liked the Spider-Man films? I know you would have probably hated Spider-Man 3. That's normal. I don't like it either and neither do most people. But would you have liked the first two Spidey flicks they had webshooters? I'm curious to hear your response. roll eyes (sarcastic)

your memory is just plain horrible,i said this below in my very FIRST sentence to you in my FIRST reply to you and you have ALREADY forgotten about this. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ah no,it was a LOT more than just organics that ruined those movies for me.the organics were just a side note on WHY those movies were so horrible.there were tons of other things about the movie i hated far worse than organics.

this is what i said at the very end as well.

seriously.I could send you a link to a thread from here from the past by pm where I gave my reasons on why the movies were so bad and why I bashed them if you like? at least then you'll know my REASONS for why i find these movies to look like they were written by some 5 year old.

please try and remember little details like that and not make me repeat myself.if your going to quote my post,at least have the courtesy to read the ENTIRE post and not just parts of it otherwise there is no sense in going on.

Bat Dude
I like it. It's modern, but doesn't completely disregard the classic design.

spidermanrocks
your dodging the FACT that if flash thompson or some other dork was the one that got bit,that without the organics,there would be no spiderman swiinging around town. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There would still be a Spider-Man swinging around town. HOWEVER:
1) He wouldn't use his great power for great responsibility a.k.a. he wouldn't be a great hero or maybe no hero at all. He would be a villain or someone that decided to use his abilities for fame and wealth instead of using them for responsibility.
2) Even if he would decide to be a hero, he would completely suck at crime fighting and wouldn't last long. That is why Peter is the only TRUE Spider-Man.

spidermanrocks
thats not what I heard about Nolan. man-spider fans got no logic or common sense,to say organics is a minor change or knowing mj since grade school is is being just plain ignorant,it rapes to death this character and the spidey mythos.if you want to live in denial about that that, then your not a loyal spidey fan and dont care about sony raping to death the source material.go ahead,i dont care.,.im not going to explain it to you because my experrience with man-spider fans like you is you dont want to accept that fact.i already told you i would send you a link of my past bashings of the organics and why their moronic,you didnt ask for them,well thats all you'll get cause i certainly am not going to waste my breath with you on that.

prove that about Raimi,i dont believe it.

thats not true at all,kids no perfectly well he has mechanical webshooters,they saw the 90's cartoon show which ALWAYS showed he ahs mechanical webshooters. roll eyes (sarcastic) stop making things up to suit your own tales and i told you only what i witnessed at that store,that doesnt mean ALL kids are like that,i never said that.are you calling me a liar that i made that story up about those kids? if you are,then this is far as this goes,i dont lie,matter of fact im pissed at my best friend right now cause i caught him blatanly lying to me red handed recently. i may make mistakes but i dont lie land i wasnt lying about that story i told you of those kids i heard talking about how they hated the movies cause of organics.

yeah spiderman rocks,but man-spider sucks and thats all we have in these three pathetic movies. laughing

And what exactly did you hear from Nolan?

The organic webbing IS a major change. But even though it is a major change, it isn't one of the major changes that COMPLETELY ignores the purpose of the character (such as the major change of Batman killing in Burton's films). And him knowing MJ since grade school is not that big of a change. You still haven't explained why this change "rapes to death" his character. Care to explain? You probably won't. You didn't explain this the first time I asked you either.

Do a little research. Both Raimi, Tobey, and Sony have confirmed that Raimi was the one who walked away from the project. He is the main reason to why we will get a good Spider-Man reboot instead of a crappy sequel where Sony would have had more involvement in than Raimi (like Spider-Man 3). Whether you like it or not, Raimi is the main reason why the next Spider-Man film won't suck.

Yes, I do admit that some kids know about the mechanical webshooters. But none of the kids complained about him having organic webbing when the film came out in 2002. They enjoyed seeing Spidey swing across town so they didn't mind. And even if some kids did, there is a very small number who complained about him having organic webbing. But that is normal. You can't please everyone. There will always be a small number of people unhappy with a film. But the MAJORITY of the kids in 2002 enjoyed the Spider-Man film a lot.

spidermanrocks
your memory is just plain horrible,i said this below in my very FIRST sentence to you in my FIRST reply to you and you have ALREADY forgotten about this. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ah no,it was a LOT more than just organics that ruined those movies for me.the organics were just a side note on WHY those movies were so horrible.there were tons of other things about the movie i hated far worse than organics.

this is what i said at the very end as well.

seriously.I could send you a link to a thread from here from the past by pm where I gave my reasons on why the movies were so bad and why I bashed them if you like? at least then you'll know my REASONS for why i find these movies to look like they were written by some 5 year old.

please try and remember little details like that and not make me repeat myself.if your going to quote my post,at least have the courtesy to read the ENTIRE post and not just parts of it otherwise there is no sense in going on.

Alright. Post the link here.

Micheal_Myers
There would still be a Spider-Man swinging around town. HOWEVER:
1) He wouldn't use his great power for great responsibility a.k.a. he wouldn't be a great hero or maybe no hero at all. He would be a villain or someone that decided to use his abilities for fame and wealth instead of using them for responsibility.
2) Even if he would decide to be a hero, he would completely suck at crime fighting and wouldn't last long. That is why Peter is the only TRUE Spider-Man.

Gotta go with Parker on this one. Flash would not be SWINGING anywhere. Crawling? Most certainly, but he's no where near smart enough to make the web shooters.

As far as the costume goes. After seeing the red stripe up the legs, I like it quite a bit less. It looks fine from the front though. The mask looks great. This film NEEDS a wise cracking spiderman though...Lets hope they deliver.

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Gotta go with Parker on this one. Flash would not be SWINGING anywhere. Crawling? Most certainly, but he's no where near smart enough to make the web shooters.

As far as the costume goes. After seeing the red stripe up the legs, I like it quite a bit less. It looks fine from the front though. The mask looks great. This film NEEDS a wise cracking spiderman though...Lets hope they deliver.

Flash would lack Spider-Man's intelligence. Just like Batman, Spidey's greatest weapon is his brain. He always defeats his enemies with strategic plans. If Peter wasn't as intelligent as he is, he would have lost all of the battles. Even if Flash had all of Spider-Man abilities (including webs), he would still not be able to be Spider-Man because he Spidey always wins his fights by using his mind, something that Flash cannot do. This is why Peter is the one and only true Spider-Man.

The mask does look great. I agree on that. Other than the costume, I have no problem with the way they are portraying Spidey in this film. I have no doubt that Andrew Garfield will do a great job as Spider-Man. And I do think the film will feature a wisecrack Spidey like in the comics. I have high expectations for this reboot. smile

BlackZero30x
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/02/14/the-amazing-spider-man/

ares834
Those gloves are shit.

Scythe
Suit looks great. The photo of him gives me faith that this film is goin' in the right direction.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

the suit helps.. those gloves remind me of when Ben Reilly took over just a little bit

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the suit helps.. those gloves remind me of when Ben Reilly took over just a little bit

the thing about the glove is exactly what i was thinking!

ankur29
if thats garfeild , he's bulked up well

but it is probably cgi

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

The suit looks great in that image (except the arms). And I like that it will be titled "The Amazing Spider-Man". I heard a rumor on the internet that it was going to be titled "Spider-Man 3D". I'm glad that didn't happen.

MotionCityJimmy
The Amazing Spider-man

The Incredible Hulk

Both cheesy.

Kazenji
Buy hey they work......take a look at the comics that uses those names.

spidermanrocks
The Amazing Spider-man

The Incredible Hulk

Both cheesy.

Are you kidding? Those titles are DIRECTLY taken from the comics.

MotionCityJimmy
Are you kidding? Those titles are DIRECTLY taken from the comics.

And they are from the 60's.

spidermanrocks
And they are from the 60's.

Those titles still exist today. They are ongoing comic books.

MotionCityJimmy
All I'm saying is it sounds outdated and cheesy. I know I'm talking to comic book enthusiasts but movie goers like me think it's corny and stupid. I asked two today and those are the words they used.

It's not a big deal, I'll still see the movie and it won't affect my viewing experience. I'll just sound like an idiot saying "I'm going to see 'the Amazing Spider-Man."

It's cool, I have high hopes for the movie in general.

Scythe
All I'm saying is it sounds outdated and cheesy. I know I'm talking to comic book enthusiasts but movie goers like me think it's corny and stupid. I asked two today and those are the words they used.

It's not a big deal, I'll still see the movie and it won't affect my viewing experience. I'll just sound like an idiot saying "I'm going to see 'the Amazing Spider-Man."

It's cool, I have high hopes for the movie in general.

I think it could be worse. It could've been called the 'Spectacular' Spider-Man or the 'Sensational' Spider-Man. Both have been used in comics, but he's been tagged with 'Amazing' for the longest.

ares834
It's better than The Dark Knight Rises...

MotionCityJimmy
They're both bad. But they're going to be kick ass movies so it doesn't really matter.

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by ares834
It's better than The Dark Knight Rises...

When the title to that film was announced, I also didn't like it. But for some reason, I don't have a problem with it anymore. I find the title to be great now. Maybe it's due to Bane being announced as the villain. Since Bane will beat the crap out of Batman in the first have of the movie and knock him down from being on top of Gotham (this is all speculation but it might happen), the movie will probably end with Batman "rising" again so it makes sense they would use that title.

I think people don't have a problems with movie titles anymore once the movies come out and turn out good. Batman Begins was a good example. I hated the title at first until I saw the movie. But I'm getting off topic here so back to Spider-Man smile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.