candid kandy odds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
This seems a little late, but I figure an odds thread for a tournament is always needed.

Contestants are:

Ambient with Ironman, Warlock, and Grail

Inimilist with Starhawk, Exodus, and Giselle

Smurph with Magneto, Lightray, and Monolith

Charlotte with Engineer, Superskrull, and Emma Frost

Blair Wind with Box, Nero, and Persuader

Colossus with Apoc, Wolvie, and Omega Red

psycho gundam
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ugii6b.gif

ok, i see how it is uhuh

colossus FTW

Digi
Blair or inimilist, based more on effort I've seen than just the teams. Legit reasons or not for the lack of timeliness from others, diligence is rewarded in these things.

Plenty of people could make a bid if they make a real go of it. I particularly enjoy Ambient's team, and the Engineer. Emma and Skrull seem like they have too much of a limit to their potential, even though a telepath is, in theory, dangerous in this tourney.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Digi
I particularly enjoy Ambient's team

I like Ambients team too - even though he screwed me up during drafts uhuh . Taking my team out of the equation, and basing this on what I would do if I were fielding the teams, his team is my favorite with Smurph's close behind.

I also like Inimilists use of vastly underused characters. thumb up

inimalist
were I a betting man, I'd probably go with Blair, though in terms of what I'd be more comfortable fielding, either Smurph or Charlotte, more because they have very blanaced teams with a lot of variety to debate with.

Actually, I'd love to give a go at the Horsemen idea with Colossus' characters, tbh. It is a pretty good strategy.

Originally posted by Blair Wind
inimalist with Starhawk, Exodus, and Giselle

fixed

It was part of the strategy, we'll have to see how it breaks this round though... /shrug

Black bolt z
Either Charlotte or Inimalist.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Either Charlotte

Not sure what Charlotte is planning. She usually goes with a more psychic scenario. Not sure how Superskrull plays into her plans, but I'd like a crack at her. Never got over her calling me a paper tiger uhuh

There should be a tournament for veterans only: break the stereotype. You can only draft a team that no one would actually expect you to pick in terms of power sets (at least the entire motif cant be a -blank- based team). See how well people do then laughing out loud

Not that I'd actually participate in something that cheesy., but I think my next goal is to break my own stereotype of characters.

Ambient
I like Ambients team too - even though he screwed me up during drafts uhuh .

big grin big grin

Near impossile to find info on those guys.. lol's

I think we have something similar in mind..

I usually field the like of Smurph's picks, so they're my fav's next is yours..

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Ambient
big grin big grin

I think we have something similar in mind..

I usually field the like of Smurph's picks, so they're my fav's next is yours..

Naw, I was going in a completely different direction before you made me change my plans. I ended up re-using an old idea, but I'm sure one day I'll get to use my original idea.

Omega Vision
Never got over her calling me a paper tiger uhuh

I for one have strangled people for less. stick out tongue

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I for one have strangled people for less. stick out tongue

mmm

But she's a girl. sad

Digi
@Blair mostly:

In the "by invite only" veteran tourney that I've long planned but will never actually run (alas), it would be a series of battlezones each with their own unique rules and power levels, but with a traditional elimination format. And one of the matches I concocted was Scoobless vs. {somebody} with Scoob having to pick from the list of tourney-winning characters that he's never used, and his opponent getting to choose from anyone Scoob ever won with. Sounded similar enough to your drafting aspirations that I thought I'd mention it.

Others included Pr vs. Mungi, with a team of X-Men vs. a team of Alpha Flight members. Jinzin/Digi, Wolverine/Spider-Man, and I forget some of the others. A fun idea, and the only tourney I'd still actually agree to run, but it's hard finding enough vets who are still around.

psycho gundam
my god would that be epic

pr(x-men)/mungi(alpha flight) and you(spider-man)/jinzin(wolverine) must happen

the respected combatant post count, scan links, and knowledge of long forgotten and overlooked (to most) feats for those battles would be huge. we need more of that here

i'll be pushing this idea thumb up

Digi
Ya, sick idea, right? It's always on the back burner of my mind, I just don't have the time to do it right, nor the will atm.

inimalist
big grin big grin

just going to throw this out there, and I assume a mod will have to edit this, but if any participant wants access to the same resources I am using for my characters, or for their characters (for instance, I have the entire new mutants run with warlock), I am not above sharing this.

PM pls

"Id"
@Blair mostly:

In the "by invite only" veteran tourney that I've long planned but will never actually run (alas), it would be a series of battlezones each with their own unique rules and power levels, but with a traditional elimination format. And one of the matches I concocted was Scoobless vs. {somebody} with Scoob having to pick from the list of tourney-winning characters that he's never used, and his opponent getting to choose from anyone Scoob ever won with. Sounded similar enough to your drafting aspirations that I thought I'd mention it.

Others included Pr vs. Mungi, with a team of X-Men vs. a team of Alpha Flight members. Jinzin/Digi, Wolverine/Spider-Man, and I forget some of the others. A fun idea, and the only tourney I'd still actually agree to run, but it's hard finding enough vets who are still around.

Id X-Man or Spawn.

Bentley
Hahaha sounds like a fun tourney, some of the veterans did pretty awesome matches back in the day. I also recall Digi using Spider-man in a recent tourney which was cool -with Pip the troll too-.

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
Hahaha sounds like a fun tourney, some of the veterans did pretty awesome matches back in the day. I also recall Digi using Spider-man in a recent tourney which was cool -with Pip the troll too-.

Get your story right, I didn't use Pip, I punked his ass.

uhuh

...but yeah, I kinda already won a tourney with Pete. Part of me doesn't really need to revisit that, since I feel like I've gotten as much out of him as anyone will in a tourney setting (and I was using his haxx Iron suit).

The only tourney level I actually want to enter at this point is high meta. Anything outside of that just doesn't interest me atm.

Originally posted by inimalist
just going to throw this out there, and I assume a mod will have to edit this, but if any participant wants access to the same resources I am using for my characters, or for their characters (for instance, I have the entire new mutants run with warlock), I am not above sharing this.

PM pls

It's not condoned on the forums, but neither are such resources a secret. Anyone interested enough likely wouldn't need to PM you to find what they're looking for.

But that also raises the question of why you're offering help to, well, anyone that isn't yourself. Especially in a tourney you're participating in.

stick out tongue

psycho gundam
Get your story right, I didn't use Pip, I punked his ass.

uhuh a pox on the judgesOriginally posted by Digi
The only tourney level I actually want to enter at this point is high meta. i'll be waiting

inimalist
But that also raises the question of why you're offering help to, well, anyone that isn't yourself. Especially in a tourney you're participating in.

stick out tongue

freedom of information happens to be a more important to me than winning a comic book debate. And I prefer a fair fight (besides, why would I be afraid of providing information about how bad ass my characters are?)

stick out tongue

leonidas
@Blair mostly:

what about me?? what about me??! who'd you put me withy or against?? i've used about a million characters in these things. big grin

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
what about me?? what about me??! who'd you put me withy or against?? i've used about a million characters in these things. big grin

You're in it, obviously. I honestly forgot my gimmick match for you, or maybe didn't make one. It's never been fully fleshed out, just scattered good ideas.

Scoob also won more than you. The character pool is considerably larger.

wink

psycho gundam
I honestly forgot my gimmick match for you, or maybe didn't make one. hear that leo, you're minuscule to him

Blair Wind
Originally posted by psycho gundam
hear that leo, you're minuscule to him

Did he say you were invited to the party? uhuh

stick out tongue

Now stop hijacking this extremely fast moving, gambling, odds predicting thread uhuh

Ambient
Naw, I was going in a completely different direction before you made me change my plans. I ended up re-using an old idea, but I'm sure one day I'll get to use my original idea.
Huh! Sounds interesting, like to see that use in here tourney..

That would be great after the tourney, I'd like to make a respect thread for warlock, someday.. Lol's

Digi idea pretty great, all it needs a real prize to really get it moving as I'm sure most vets aren't spending time in here forum no more.. I have not seen newjack, scoobs or darth in while, flash em some cash, they'll find the way back here. Lol's you can make it a yearly event too, kinda like KOF cept it's like kOD (King of debater's).. Lol's

inimalist
That would be great after the tourney, I'd like to make a respect thread for warlock, someday.. Lol's

lemme know

Digi idea pretty great, all it needs a real prize to really get it moving as I'm sure most vets aren't spending time in here forum no more.. I have not seen newjack, scoobs or darth in while, flash em some cash, they'll find the way back here. Lol's you can make it a yearly event too, kinda like KOF cept it's like kOD (King of debater's).. Lol's

lol

set it up like soccer, so those in the lower leagues can compete to get a seat in the "champions" league

leonidas
hear that leo, you're minuscule to him

the guy wins one tournament and suddenly he barely has time for the rest of us. typical. no expression

and scoob's only won more than i have cuz he entered every tourney in kmc history. and cuz he's older than me. uhuh

Digi
Funny he should mention prizes. It was an idea unrelated to the tourney I outlined, but at one point I looked into something like a shared Paypal account to have an actual cash prize, and even considered ponying up the money myself just for yucks (or, more likely, a prize item(s) like a few movies or something).

It's been mentioned more than once and never followed through on, since the logistics are somewhat intimidating and beyond the call of duty for a host. But I always enjoyed the idea of it.

Originally posted by leonidas
the guy wins one tournament and suddenly he barely has time for the rest of us. typical. no expression

and scoob's only won more than i have cuz he entered every tourney in kmc history. and cuz he's older than me. uhuh

At one time it was much more intimidating, he had won close to half the tourneys on KMC. He cooled off eventually while others caught up, but that's when the idea was hatched.

leonidas
Funny he should mention prizes. It was an idea unrelated to the tourney I outlined, but at one point I looked into something like a shared Paypal account to have an actual cash prize, and even considered ponying up the money myself just for yucks (or, more likely, a prize item(s) like a few movies or something).

It's been mentioned more than once and never followed through on, since the logistics are somewhat intimidating and beyond the call of duty for a host. But I always enjoyed the idea of it.

At one time it was much more intimidating, he had won close to half the tourneys on KMC. He cooled off eventually while others caught up, but that's when the idea was hatched.

i'd suggested a paypal prize a long time ago, but it really is a difficult thing to try and set up. it WOULD be cool though.

psycho gundam
Did he say you were invited to the party? uhuh

stick out tongue

Now stop hijacking this extremely fast moving, gambling, odds predicting thread uhuh i had something special just for you this go around, you barely dodged it kid

but then again....i've already stomped you out with loley ole pip and co. hardly worth doom's time mmm

http://i51.tinypic.com/2i6flfp.gif

Blair Wind
i had something special just for you this go around, you barely dodged it kid

but then again....i've already stomped you out with loley ole pip and co. hardly worth doom's time mmm

http://i51.tinypic.com/2i6flfp.gif

Come at me when you win a tournament. rolleyes Till then, I'll polish my virtual tournament rings.

On a serious note, cash prizes would be amazing. And don't worry Leo, I'm sure Digi didnt have a gimmick for me either. He has a man crush on Scoobs stick out tongue

Digi
no expression

Come up with your own damn gimmick matches then. I didn't say it was a complete idea.

crackers

Come at me when you win a tournament. rolleyes Till then, I'll polish my virtual tournament rings.

Indeed. Blair needs his personal time to polish....things.

dgrin

Blair Wind
no expression

Come up with your own damn gimmick matches then. I didn't say it was a complete idea.

crackers

Indeed. Blair needs his personal time to polish....things.

dgrin

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.