Being Human (American Re-Make)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
The premiere is over, so what did you guys think? I think I actually like more than the BBC version! I like Josh much better then George, I could take or leave Aiden (although I do appreciate that he doesn't look so dirty and sweaty like Mitchell), and I didn't think I would before I watched it but I liked Sally a bit more than Annie (although she isn't quite as good looking). I can't wait until the next episode. Mark Pellegrino was only in the episode a little bit but he was awesome as always.

Robtard
Only seen a couple of episodes the the UK version, this seemed similar, though (surprisingly) slight better acting.

Why do 'they' insist on making vampires look slightly homoerotic as the norm?

juggernaut74
It was better than I thought it was gonne be. Liked the ending, makes you wonder if Josh is gonna eat his sister.

BTW I take it vampires can walk in the sun in this series?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by juggernaut74
It was better than I thought it was gonne be. Liked the ending, makes you wonder if Josh is gonna eat his sister.

BTW I take it vampires can walk in the sun in this series?

Yeah they could in the BBC version too.

Also I always appreciated it when a Werewolf is an actual Werewolf, and not a guy who turns into a wolf. A Werewolf being just wolf is stupid and lazy (looking at you True Blood, Vampire Dairies, the Gates).

juggernaut74
So Josh is a Underwold type of Werewolf?

srankmissingnin
So Josh is a Underwold type of Werewolf?

More like American Werewolf in Paris quality unless SyFy beget and practical effects are much better than BBC. I doubt it will look as good as the Lycans on Underworld.

juggernaut74
36 mins untill the 2nd episode!

srankmissingnin
I have to wait until 10... sad

juggernaut74
Good episode so far. This show caught me by surprise but I love it.

srankmissingnin
Jerk, I'm still waiting for it to start sad

srankmissingnin
Another good episode. The only thing that bothered me is that Rebecca just became a vampire, and suddenly she knows enough about werewolves to recognize Josh is one by smell? Weird. Unless Bishop has a werewolf working for him, that won't sit well with me.

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Another good episode. The only thing that bothered me is that Rebecca just became a vampire, and suddenly she knows enough about werewolves to recognize Josh is one by smell? Weird. Unless Bishop has a werewolf working for him, that won't sit well with me. Bishop trains new vamps, presumably teaching them about other supernatural beings being a part of it. He smells different from humans, like a dog/wolf, so she'd know.

Also, if you remember from the UK version, there's a reason to teach them about werewolves.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
Bishop trains new vamps, presumably teaching them about other supernatural beings being a part of it. He smells different from humans, like a dog/wolf, so she'd know.

Also, if you remember from the UK version, there's a reason to teach them about werewolves.

I don't know she was pretty cavalier about it... like "Oooooooooooh I should have known you are a werewolf!" Whatever you ***** you just turned!!! embarrasment

juggernaut74
Bishop did tell Aiden he gave her a orientation.

Robtard
Watched EP2, was meh, getting the feeling this show might just be some cheese aimed at the teeny-bopper crowd. Will try it for a couple more before I decide to bail or not.

Why should vampires be afraid of werewolves in this franchise? Seems like the vampires have speed and strength well above werewolves.

BruceSkywalker
I've watched an episode or two.. i like the UK version better but will watch another ep of this and go from there

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
Watched EP2, was meh, getting the feeling this show might just be some cheese aimed at the teeny-bopper crowd. Will try it for a couple more before I decide to bail or not.

Why should vampires be afraid of werewolves in this franchise? Seems like the vampires have speed and strength well above werewolves. Well, Josh is to werewolves as chihuahuas are to dogs.

Robtard
So he's a pussy but others of his kind are bad-ass. Gotcha.

srankmissingnin
Werewolves are only a threat one night a month in Being Human. They have super smell, but other than that there isn't any carry over in strength or speed to the human form, except right before the full moon.

juggernaut74
No wonder why he keeps getting pushed around. In the previews for the upcoming season he runs intgo another werewolf it seems so maybe he'll show him how to reach his potential.

srankmissingnin
Didn't really like this weeks episode, but Josh did go berserk on some tagger which was cool.

juggernaut74
Didn't really like this weeks episode, but Josh did go berserk on some tagger which was cool. I thought it was ok. Glad they explored on the whole vampire and sunlight deal a little. And glad to see Josh may finally start to not be a pushover. Next week another Werewolf shows up and tells Josh he sucks at being a Werewolf so maybe he'll get a Werewolf orientation.

AbnormalButSane
Somewhat interesting so far. I'll continue watching it until I get bored I suppose.

juggernaut74
Sh!t gets interesting tonight.

srankmissingnin
I hope Ray and Rebecca kill each other.

We don't know the context yet but the preview for the next episode of the BBC version had McNair (a werewolf) telling Michael that he couldn't out run him, out fight him or out live him while in his human form. I hope it's true since I like Werewolves better than Vampires.

juggernaut74
BBC America is playing the British Being Human TV show marathon right now. From what I have seen so far the SYFY vesion is better.

srankmissingnin
BBC America is playing the British Being Human TV show marathon right now. From what I have seen so far the SYFY vesion is better.

Yeah I like the SyFy version more than the BBC version too... but I love love love the actress who plays Annie in the BBC version.

Mindset
Yeah I like the SyFy version more than the BBC version too... but I love love love the actress who plays Annie in the BBC version. Originally posted by juggernaut74
BBC America is playing the British Being Human TV show marathon right now. From what I have seen so far the SYFY vesion is better. Me too, guys!

juggernaut74
One difference I noticed between the two shows was that in the BBC version vampires couldn't be captured on film but in the american version they can.

Robtard
Show's improving.

One think I still laugh at, when they imply Aiden is (looks wise) 25, no amount of makeup hides that the actor is in his 30's.

srankmissingnin
I think the American version seems to be handling the overall mission statement, of monsters trying to be human, interacting regular people and trying to find their place in the real world, a lot better than the BBC version. The cast from the BBC version has always felt isolated from the real world, even in the first season. The longer seasons is a huge edge for the development of the characters / story.

Similar home "home coming," for Josh and George stories from the BBC and American versions this week. It was a lot more emotional in the American version, the BBC version was more slap stick.

Really intrigued about whats the deal with those hanging body sacks in Amish country. Original vampires that haven't envolved to be able to withstand the sun? I can't wait.

juggernaut74
I don't know what purpose having less evolved vamps would serve. I bet it's something more sinister.l

srankmissingnin
I don't know what purpose having less evolved vamps would serve. I bet it's something more sinister.l

Maybe they are the old European vampire aristocracy? Shades of the American Vampire comic!

srankmissingnin
Shockley good Werewolf special effects this week for a SyFy program, but I would have preferred practical effects.

Robtard
Starting to like this show more and more. Panning out nicely.

juggernaut74
This episode reminds me of one of the BBC episodes. I don't recall if the kid was turned or not though.

Mindset
It should, it's based off of it.

juggernaut74
Didn't like this episode that well but next week is gonna rock.

Mindset
Yea, I didn't either.

Mindset
Lame.

Josh/George killing Bishop was one of the best things about Being Human...

I am disappoint.

srankmissingnin
Yeah I was a bit disappointed in that too, but I do appreciated that they throw some twists every now and again. I hope they completely do their own thing in season 2, because season 2 of the BBC version was trash... season 3 kinda sucked also. The concept has largely been better than the execution in the BBC version.

juggernaut74
Just watched the finale and I thought it was pretty good. Good cliffhangers for next season with Joshes girlfriend and the mysterious female who wants to meet Aiden.

Also didn't like the fact that they killed Bishop off but we'll get a new villain next season so it should be good.

Dr Mystery
Just spent a while writing a post for this thread with all kinds of awesome articulation, then when I tried to post my WI-FI crashed. So here is an angry summary.

SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN BBC VERSION!

ABLE TO IRON OUT MISTAKES FROM BBC VERSION!

GLAD SALLY CAN TOUCH NOW!

SHOULDA HAD HER MAKING COFFEE ALL DAY LIKE BBC CHARACTER!

NORA HOTTER THAN BBC VERSION!

BBC VERSION BETTER COMIC DELIVERY THOUGH!

srankmissingnin
I don't know, for my money Josh's dialogue is funnier than George's, his comedic timing is better and is rapport with Aiden is more witty than George and Mitchelle's.

Wasn't the coffee thing introduced in season two anyway?

Dr Mystery
I'm pretty sure Annie was going round making cups of tea all day from the start. I actually think the dialogue and writing in general is better in the BBC version, the characters are more believable, if more annoying. George is a bit more of a whiner than Josh has been so far, but George is also braver, (probably because they didn't use Josh to kill Bishop) that was kind of a big thing for the U.K. show. Aiden is too short to be believable as a bad ass vampire, but I prefer him to the pathetic attempt at charm given to us by homeless Colin Farrell (Mitchell). I like the actor who played Bishop too, but the bad guy from the U.K. version, Herrick, is brilliant.

Dr Mystery
Originally posted by Dr Mystery

Sorry, I should have specified. I was talking about Nina, the U.K. version of Nora. She's quite funny. Although I did LMAO when Nora said, "Hurry up, I've got tons of guys to sleep with."

I was also a bit turned on.

wakkawakkawakka
A new season is out and stuff. Suprised nobody has said anything about it.

wakkawakkawakka
I think I'm the only one watching the American version at this point. Sure the BBC version might be better but this one has a charm to it that I like.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
Just spent a while writing a post for this thread with all kinds of awesome articulation, then when I tried to post my WI-FI crashed. So here is an angry summary.

SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN BBC VERSION!

ABLE TO IRON OUT MISTAKES FROM BBC VERSION!

GLAD SALLY CAN TOUCH NOW!

SHOULDA HAD HER MAKING COFFEE ALL DAY LIKE BBC CHARACTER!

NORA HOTTER THAN BBC VERSION!

I've only seen the BBC version. Good to know. I'd still smash British Nora though.

wakkawakkawakka
I just want to know if BBC Nora is likeble or not since the Nora in the re-make sucks...or at least her character sucks. Wonder if anyone keeps up with this?

BlackZero30x
I just watched the first season on netflix and im catching up on season two...I just watched s2e2 tonight. Im enjoying this show but I seem to enjoy Josh's story more. Aden and sally aren't bad though.

Ive been reading about somethings that don't make sense at all. I guess it's just stupid writing lol

the ninjak
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I just want to know if BBC Nora is likeble or not since the Nora in the re-make sucks...or at least her character sucks. Wonder if anyone keeps up with this?

Yeah BBC one is cute.

Greysen93
Being Human UK is awesome!!!! Way better than U.S.

marwash22
Originally posted by Greysen93
Being Human UK is awesome!!!! Way better than U.S. http://360waves.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/lolno.gif

srankmissingnin
Being Human UK is awesome!!!! Way better than U.S.

laughing

Aside from a few terrible Sally episodes US Being Human has been consistently better than the UK version by a WIDE margin. Being Human UK had one good season fallowed by three horrible ones... and since its a BBC show that one good season only consisted of six episodes.

Mindset
laughing

Aside from a few terrible Sally episodes US Being Human has been consistently better than the UK version by a WIDE margin. Being Human UK had one good season fallowed by three horrible ones... and since its a BBC show that one good season only consisted of six episodes. Exactly.

I don't see how anyone can think the UK version is better.

wakkawakkawakka
So I'm not the only person tha watches this...Cool. And yeah the North American version has been very enjoyable so far barring the ghost; though I do think she's kind of hot.

So....thoughts on the Season Finale that comes out?

marwash22
laughing

Aside from a few terrible Sally episodes US Being Human has been consistently better than the UK version by a WIDE margin. Being Human UK had one good season fallowed by three horrible ones... and since its a BBC show that one good season only consisted of six episodes. thumb up

Greysen93
I just think everything about the UK is version is better, I mean I guess the US version is alright, but it's just not as good

KingD19
My one gripe with the US version is the the Werewolve's are essentially Berserker Twilight Style "Big Dogs". But that's just personal preference as I've always liked Humanoid werewolves over the four legged variant.

srankmissingnin
I like my Werewolves in the classic Lon Chaney variety so I'm disappointed regardless, but I do prefer practical effects to CGI.

Great season finale, obviously all three of the main cast will be back next season but still three separate huge cliff hangers for each of them.

Mindset
I just think everything about the UK is version is better, I mean I guess the US version is alright, but it's just not as good You're wrong, but that's ok.

Greysen93
You're wrong, but that's ok. I disagree, thumbdown

marwash22
you're a trader to your Country and you have poor taste. sneer

Robtard
It's edgy to say "I like the original better".

Greysen93
Originally posted by marwash22
you're a trader to your Country and you have poor taste. sneer You have poor taste I must say thumb down

Greysen93
Originally posted by Robtard
It's edgy to say "I like the original better". smile

Kazenji
I've seen the Werewolves for the UK one they just seem to look better with the more practical effects.

Darkness Within
Um did you miss the content warning at the beginning of each episode? It's Adult aimed.

You're wrong, but that's ok.

There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. I happen to disagree with Greysen myself but that does not make his preference wrong.

I find the US version gives a lot more depth, background and all around believability to it's characters. For example you don't get that out of place in the present time feeling with Mitchell that you get with Aidan, and Annie's being able to touch things right away and make herself visible takes greatly away from the concept that she's a freaking ghost!

I also find the British 4th season terrible, it went totally Terminator. I felt the point of the show was lost.

Mindset
Originally posted by Darkness Within

There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. You'd be wrong.

juggernaut74
I'm still watching this show into season 3. Things are getting interesting now with Sally turning into a flesh eating zombie and then there seems to be a cure for the virus that is killing the vampires. Which is most likely going to lead into a huge vampire/werewolf war.

Mindset
It was pretty boring there for awhile, last couple eps were good.

Glad Josh is a werewolf again.

juggernaut74
Yea it was pretty slow this season but the last few episodes really picked up. Did the UK show follow any of these strories such as Sally turning into a zombie or Josh being cured only to be scratched again?

Mindset
Idk, I only watched like 2 seasons of UK version.

juggernaut74
So is Aiden becoming some sort of a werewolf/vampire hybrid? He seems to be waking up in the back allies and not remembering how he got there or what he did. And that college professor he bit had some sort of a weird transformation it appeared compared to others who have been turned into vamps.

Mindset
I don't think he's a hybrid, he just makes retard vamps.

Btw, started watching uk version again, it's better than I remembered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.