Lictor Alpha runs a gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Lictor Alpha from DoW2 is stowed away on an Imperial vessel which becomes lost in the warp. The vessel docks briefly at a few different planets and ships in different universes. On each planet or ship the Lictor tries to assassinate a target.

The Lictor receives all of the feats of Lictors from lore, DoW2, and because it's Alpha, Deathleaper.

1. Resident Evil Earth, Nemesis, Wesker, Chris Redfield, and Leon Kennedy are hanging out in an underground bunker, aware that the Lictor is coming, because it e-mailed them telling them so. If Wesker is decapitated, he dies, Lictor noms his brain and gains his sunglasses.
2. Docks with the Hyperion, Jim Raynor, Master Chief, Noble 6, and Tychus Findlay are the targets. Success grants the Lictor food and biomass. Yeah, Halo got in there somehow.
3. Lands on Planet Char, Sarah Kerrigan, guarded by a small brood of Zerg, is the target. Victory gives the Lictor the hive Tyrant's paroxysm psychic power.
4. Prototype Earth, Alex Mercer in NYC. If Alex is incapacitated the Lictor absorbs the blacklight virus and all of it's knowledge and biomass to be converted into more Tyranids. (Also, NYC's population)
5. Final Round, The Lictor Alpha uses his aquired biomass to spawn an army and assaults *KMC* Earth. (This forum, so, excuse to throw in more characters.)
-All of Halo's Spartans, even already dead ones, team up with the covenant and function as an army.
The army has Kain from LoK as a general.
Forming an elite "squad" in this army are; Dante with Rebellion and E&I, Sora with his keyblade, no genie, GoW1 Kratos, Sephiroth, and Ryu Hayabusa.

The Tyranid army contains:
-Hive Tyrant with lashwhips, bonesword, heavy venom cannon, it's psychic powers and old adversary. (Strengthened carapace)
-Elite warrior brood, scything talons, death spitters, strangler.
-Hormagaunts/Termagaunts/Rippers en masse.
-three Zoanthropes
-One Carnifex
-Trygon

Also, because MG demanded it happen, an Ork Commando Nob joins the fight. He's allied with the Tyranids, and is disguised as a shrub.

mechagoomba
The ork kommando Nob solos.

FinalAnswer
Stops at Kerrigan imo

RE: Blaxican
Word.

edit- this thread is epic though.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Stops at Kerrigan imo Explain why, plx. Also, is anyone else here familiar with Deathleaper?
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Word.

edit- this thread is epic though.
<3

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Explain why, plx.

She oneshots battlecruisers with her mind and doesn't afraid of anything.

This is true. And as far as speed, she's a confirmed bullet timer, as in Queen of Blades she managed to hold up her hand and catch the hypersonic bullets with her MINNDDZZZ before they reached her. So it's like, woah.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
She oneshots battlecruisers with her mind and doesn't afraid of anything. Gameplay mechanic never actually supported by anything she does in canon, it's a gameplay ability she can use on any unit you confront her with. I suppose plagues also set buildings on fire and shooting at a command center long enough makes it explode, battle cruisers are the size of tanks and can be shot down by marines or hydralisks, ect. Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
This is true. And as far as speed, she's a confirmed bullet timer, as in Queen of Blades she managed to hold up her hand and catch the hypersonic bullets with her MINNDDZZZ before they reached her. So it's like, woah. This is more what I was looking for. However, the Lictor Alpha is a synapse creature, Shadow in the Warp > her powers. It's damage output > her durability, and it's known for ripping apart squads of space marines, which are also known bullet timers, but physicly outclass Kerrigan.

FinalAnswer
Gameplay mechanic never actually supported by anything she does in canon, it's a gameplay ability she can use on any unit you confront her with. I suppose plagues also set buildings on fire and shooting at a command center long enough makes it explode, battle cruisers are the size of tanks and can be shot down by marines or hydralisks, ect.

Game Ability =/= Game Mechanic

Gameplay mechanic never actually supported by anything she does in canon, it's a gameplay ability she can use on any unit you confront her with. I suppose plagues also set buildings on fire and shooting at a command center long enough makes it explode, battle cruisers are the size of tanks and can be shot down by marines or hydralisks, ect.

You'd have to prove that they all follow the same rules, though. Her not doing it in a cutscene doesn't imply that she's unable to do it.

The fact that she is able to do it in not just one map, but all of the maps in which she's present in, also lends credit to the idea that it's within her power to do so.

As for this:

It's kind of strange that you would denounce FA's post for lack of canon sources, and then immediately make four completely unsubstantiated statements in a row.

ScreamPaste
You'd have to prove that they all follow the same rules, though. Her not doing it in a cutscene doesn't imply that she's unable to do it.

The fact that she is able to do it in not just one map, but all of the maps in which she's present in, also lends credit to the idea that it's within her power to do so.

As for this:

It's kind of strange that you would denounce FA's post for lack of canon sources, and then immediately make four completely unsubstantiated statements in a row. Her destroying a battle cruiser with TK is discreddited by the fact that in a cutscene Zeratul actually escapes her telekinetic grasp and nearly kills her in her surprise. If she can't reliably restrain a single Protoss she cannot destroy a battlecruiser.

Edit: Alright, to clarify on that, Kerrigan has no feats of durability I can recall while space marine armour is made of 5mm ceramite plates which have survived among other things:
Exterminatus
Direct hits from Bolter and Las weapons (While laughing them off) Lasguns have feats like punching clean through three solid feet of concrete, and have a 220megawatt output or something IIRC, in 40k they're often called flashlights, but meh, they're suitably impressive by SC standards.
Shadow in the warp is a Tyranid ability to shut down enemy sorcerers/psykers just be coming close, it also prevents interstellar communication via astropaths, and isolates any world they assault. Kerrigan has no feats of psychic ability to put her over the 40k psykers which are susceptible to this.
Lictors can tear through ceramite, are very stealthy, and this one is an elite synapse creature.

Her destroying a battle cruiser with TK is discreddited by the fact that in a cutscene Zeratul actually escapes her telekinetic grasp and nearly kills her in her surprise. If she can't reliably restrain a single Protoss she cannot destroy a battlecruiser.

Edit: Alright, to clarify on that, Kerrigan has no feats of durability I can recall while space marine armour is made of 5mm ceramite plates which have survived among other things:
Exterminatus
Direct hits from Bolter and Las weapons (While laughing them off) Lasguns have feats like punching clean through three solid feet of concrete, and have a 220megawatt output or something IIRC, in 40k they're often called flashlights, but meh, they're suitably impressive by SC standards.
Shadow in the warp is a Tyranid ability to shut down enemy sorcerers/psykers just be coming close, it also prevents interstellar communication via astropaths, and isolates any world they assault. Kerrigan has no feats of psychic ability to put her over the 40k psykers which are susceptible to this.
Lictors can tear through ceramite, are very stealthy, and this one is an elite synapse creature. You mean this fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgatL2LQKLI

The one where she was monologging? And where at the end he slowly and painstakingly climbed up the cliff wall and she stood there and watched him? It's pretty obvious she was not going all out there, more ****ing with him than anything. Kerrigan has a history of toying with her opponents instead of outright killing them. See: her allowing Jim to live on Char after she awakens, allowing him to live again after killing Fenix, allowing Mengsk and Artanis to retreat and lick their wounds despite annihilating their armies, not taking complete control of the sector despite being more than able to at the end of Brood War. etc. It's part of her character.

edit- Didn't see your edit. Give me but a moment.

ScreamPaste
Not arguing she couldn't have killed him, only that he did escape her TK to her surprise and did almost kill her. This does quite a bit to damage the idea of her TKing a battlecruiser.

Why? Her either underestimating him or being lazy doesn't have any impact on what would happen if she put all her effort into one attack. And as for the surprise attack, her counter looked pretty casual for me. She didn't even skip a beat from her monologue.

Could you provide the quotes for these, please? This is one of the reasons why I generally refuse to discuss Warhammer in vs. threads, by the way.

ScreamPaste
Why? Her either underestimating him or being lazy doesn't have any impact on what would happen if she put all her effort into one attack. And as for the surprise attack, her counter looked pretty casual for me. She didn't even skip a beat from her monologue.

Could you provide the quotes for these, please? This is one of the reasons why I generally refuse to discuss Warhammer in vs. threads, by the way. I can buy going easy on him to an extent, but was she really going to hold him so gently out of concern for his well being that it risked him breaking out and hitting her with his awesome warp blade? She obviously was not going for the kill, but I can't recall any canon moment implying power anywhere close to her one-shotting a battle cruiser. And even if she had this ability, she lacks the durability to survive the Lictor's innitial attack. Zeratul's strike was /very/ close.

Edit: ah, yeah, can. Why, specificly?

Because when it comes to feats, peoples' knowledge on the universe tends to be based on heresay. Like, most of my experiences have gone something along the lines of:

Me: What makes a space marine more durable than a Spartan?

Guy: DUDE SPACE MARINES HAVE SWALLOWED LIVE GRENADES AND BEEN UNAFFECTED.

Me: Link me.

Guy: Wat

Me: Provide the context and the quote or video that you saw that in.

Guy: ...

- - - - - - - -

Guy: THE IMPERIAL GUARD NUMBERS IN THE HUNDREDS OF TRILLIONS AND A HEAVY BOLTER IS BASICALLY A RAPID FIRE ROCKET LAUNCHER!

Me: Prove those statements.

Guy: -posts a Lexicanum link

Me: That's not proof, that's a wikia. quote and source plz

Guy: ...

-------

That is pretty much how every single Warhammer 40K vs. discussion I have ever had has gone, unless only video game lore was allowed. So, it's usually just a waste of time. People have these outrageous claims, never ever provide any quotes from a passage in a novel or from the codex, and I'm supposed to believe them. It's especially painful when it comes to their weapons, because it's like, I'm supposed to believe that power armor is apparently able to tank ground zero nuclear strikes, yet the smallest tyranid can shred them with their claws, and orks armed with slightly rusted metal axes and machine guns that that use diesel technology and don't work can cut through them. I'm supposed to believe that bolters shoot the modern day equivalent of tank busting stinger missiles, yet the core element of Warhammer 40K gameplay is using trees, boulders, and dirt ditches as affective cover against enemy fire. It makes no sense.

ScreamPaste
Actually, if you go back and check the Dante v.s. Hive Tyrant thread I made not long ago, I provided direct passages from codexes and such. I'm not pulling these claims out of thin air, sir.

Also, the Warhammer 40k universe runs on turning things up to eleven, and small Tyranids typicly cannot rip through ceramite, only damage it, and... Tyranids are kind of extremely strong.

Some of the examples you have are explained in lore, infact, Orks can only damage ceramite because of their latent psychic powers, their technology is beyond schizo, it's not deisel tech so much as psychicly powered super-tech. Ork mekboys can hack your soul. haermm Or, well your machine spirits.

The Bolter's schematics and shit are all laid out in sourcebooks, the lasgun as well. Using trees as cover has two issues: 1. Space marine armour provides a 3+ save, trees give 5+, so there's no point, 2. it's gameplay/story segregation for balance, and even then, a space marine's armour, 3+, is the same cover save you get from hiding in a fortified bunker.

mechagoomba
well to be fair the lexicanum only states things said in the codexes or novels, as for the orks YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THEM BLAX.

Ill let scream handle everything else not ork related because I do not care.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.