Cyborg Superman, Nimrod, and Ultron vs Thanos...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
They fight on Apokalypse (Darkseid nor his minions aid either side); who wins?

smile

Black bolt z
Which Ultron? Primary adamanium? Secondary?

TheLordofMurder
Definitely Ultron with Primary Adamantium...

Black bolt z
Then what can Thanos really do to him?

Plus can't Cyborg superman take control on him? I can see those three combining like transformers smokin'

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.

How does Thanos win?

He cant hurt Ultron...

On Apokalypse, with all of Darkseids high end tech laying around, Cyborg Superman will be able to reconstruct his body practically at will. He can also dominate Thanos's tech and turn it against him...

Not only can Nimrod reconstruct his body from near total destruction at will, he can scan Thanos and come up with a weapon that will prove lethal to the Mad Titan...

So again, how does Thanos win?

SquallX
What ever happens after the fight, Darkseid the ultimate winner. Because we know no one's leaving Apokalypse until Darkseid dissects them at least once.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
How does Thanos win?

He cant hurt Ultron...

On Apokalypse, with all of Darkseids high end tech laying around, Cyborg Superman will be able to reconstruct his body practically at will. He can also dominate Thanos's tech and turn it against him...

Not only can Nimrod reconstruct his body from near total destruction at will, he can scan Thanos and come up with a weapon that will prove lethal to the Mad Titan...

So again, how does Thanos win? Thanos can bfr him.

What tech of Thanos' will he turn against him ? Seriously ?

It's truly hilarious how you create a thread and then when someone gives an answer you totally freak out like you created a spite thread to debate with myself. Thanos, 10/10.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos can bfr him.

What tech of Thanos' will he turn against him ? Seriously ?

It's truly hilarious how you create a thread and then when someone gives an answer you totally freak out like you created a spite thread to debate with myself. Thanos, 10/10.

How will Thanos bfr them? As soon as Henshaw detects Thanos's tech he could use his technopathy to take control of it and bfr him instead...

Hank could use Thanos's very own shields to protect himself and Nimrod from Thanos's attacks (Ultron doesnt need any protection from Thanos of course)...

As for this being a "spite thread," nothing could be further from the truth as you have 1 Trans tier against 1 High Herald and and two others that would be around High Meta to Low Herald...

I actually think this would not be a clear cut fight either way; I just want someone to provide me with a compelling argument as to how Thanos defeats this team...

Afterall, this team possesses less raw power than other teams that Thanos would alledgedly wreck; of course sometimes how opponents matchup with one another is much more meaningful than the raw power possesses by either side...

Sirius77
Team.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I can see those three combining like transformers smokin'

Heaven forbid Henshaw pulls this stunt, then this truly is a spite thread; a Henshaw, Nimrod, Ultron hybrid would be completely beyond Thanos's ability to beat...

This would be a foe with Henshaw's technopathy and Superman-like abilities, Nimrods ability to scan for weaknesses and adapt to tactics used against him, and Ultrons physical durability...

For the sake of the thread, the team cannot use this tactic for that would truly be spite against Thanos...

Bentley
Henshaw gains control of Thanos's tech, Ultron encephalo rays Thanos, Nimrod discovers the Drax-force and replies with full power. Thanos slowly falls to his knees...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Bentley
Henshaw gains control of Thanos's tech, Ultron encephalo rays Thanos, Nimrod discovers the Drax-force and replies with full power. Thanos slowly falls to his knees...

This sounds reasonable and likely...

thumb up

TheGame17
How will Thanos bfr them? As soon as Henshaw detects Thanos's tech he could use his technopathy to take control of it and bfr him instead...

Hank could use Thanos's very own shields to protect himself and Nimrod from Thanos's attacks (Ultron doesnt need any protection from Thanos of course)...

As for this being a "spite thread," nothing could be further from the truth as you have 1 Trans tier against 1 High Herald and and two others that would be around High Meta to Low Herald...

I actually think this would not be a clear cut fight either way; I just want someone to provide me with a compelling argument as to how Thanos defeats this team...

Afterall, this team possesses less raw power than other teams that Thanos would alledgedly wreck; of course sometimes how opponents matchup with one another is much more meaningful than the raw power possesses by either side...

Thumbs up. Apparently according to Quan, Thanos' tech can't be controlled.

-Pr-
Team to the extent that I may close for spite.

celeyhyga17
Then what can Thanos really do to him?

Plus can't Cyborg superman take control on him? I can see those three combining like transformers smokin'

btw.. Ultron is as much a Technopath as Cyborg Supes. Together they may mess with Thanos's tech, but I'm sticking with Thanos here since he's not only about tech. With or without Ultron's adamantium body.

team has all the advantages here

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by 753
team has all the advantages here

Thanos power output > 3 bots.

quanchi112

Afterall, this team possesses less raw power than other teams that Thanos would alledgedly wreck; of course sometimes how opponents matchup with one another is much more meaningful than the raw power possesses by either side... Thanos can bfr due to his pinky finger and he cann't easily disable all tech anyways in the area. He needed to sync up to apokolips in hp iirc to control it.

Show hank taking over someone else's shield not that he'd even need one here.

Thanos wrecks them via Drax soon as he gets serious he hones in and kills each character.

Prep-Man
Team.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos wrecks them via Drax soon as he gets serious he hones in and kills each character.

Oh...so Thanos can now kill Ultron even though Ultron (in this senario) is made up of primary adamantium? Is that what you are saying?

LoL...why am I even asking this question...of course you think Thanos can damage primary adamantium; you also think Thanos can beat Odin every single time, is superior to Galactus, and "out ranks" Celestials...

Also, Nimrod can reconstruct even if beaten down into powder...how is Thanos going to kill him? Keep in mind that he's going to be adapting to Thanos's tactics as well; Thanos can blast him down and beat him down (and Nimrod will adapt against both)...then what?

You saw the reconstruction feats Henshaw is capable of in H/P; how is Thanos going to kill him on Apokalypse?

Is it beyond you to admit that this team is capable of defeating Thanos?

Bentley
He needed to sync up to apokolips in hp iirc to control it.

Scans?

Deadline

You saw the reconstruction feats Henshaw is capable of in H/P; how is Thanos going to kill him on Apokalypse?

Thanos could nuke it? I mean if HP could smash it up not sure if Thanos couldn't. Ultrons inside arent adamantuim are they, couldn't Thanos mess up the internal circuits. I'm pretty sue that I read a comic where Karnak, Gorgon and DD took down Ultron by focusing on his weak points.

Is it really spite? I mean didn't Nimrod get taken out by temperture extremes and Henshaw almost get killed by a Superman punch? Don't know about Ultron though. It's spite against a guy that can own Thing and Thor. Didn't Thanos hold his own against Tyrant?

Bentley
The Ultron DD & the Inhumans fought was so defective it actually exposed its own insides because he fell in love.

... Another good work done by Doom wink

celeyhyga17
Thanos fries Ultron's circuits.. He's simply on another level..

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Just because Thanos is more powerful than any member of this team doesnt automatically mean he beats them; how opponents match up with one another is more important than raw power...

Case in point, Cloak would defeat Classic Juggs or the Hulk (regardless of his level of rage) every single time...and he'd do it despite being far less powerful than either of them.

Being more powerful doesnt automatically equate into a win...

Deadline
The Ultron DD & the Inhumans fought was so defective it actually exposed its own insides because he fell in love.

... Another good work done by Doom wink

Can't remember it all, it was ages ago.

Bentley

Ultron's circuits are shielded by Ultron's nearly limitless power supply. Thanos's won't break them just by blasting him...

celeyhyga17
Just because Thanos is more powerful than any member of this team doesnt automatically mean he beats them; how opponents match up with one another is more important than raw power...

Case in point, Cloak would defeat Classic Juggs or the Hulk (regardless of his level of rage) every single time...and he'd do it despite being far less powerful than either of them.

Being more powerful doesnt automatically equate into a win...

Oh ok.. Then going by ure theory of matchups, what can these 3 Do to Thanos..? Meaning what matchup advantage that is part of their powerset can defeat the titan?

Bentley
Besides using technopathy against Thanos's tech I'd say they are getting trashed with Ultron lasting the most.

Deadline
Besides using technopathy against Thanos's tech I'd say they are getting trashed with Ultron lasting the most.

Can't Thanos destroy all the tech.

Bentley
Originally posted by Deadline
Can't Thanos destroy all the tech.

He could, probably, I was actually joking when I said the team takes him wink

Deadline
^ Well according to one person its almost spite. Somebody said Superman.

the Darkone
Thanos can rearrange molecules close to sersi level, and can absorbed energy also. It really comes down to Thanos vs Cyborg Superman, and who to say that Cyborg Superman wants to live, if Thanos can grant CSM wish, than Ultron and Nimrod are in trouble they don't have enough raw power too put down Thanos.

Thanos wins majority.

Bentley
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos can rearrange molecules close to sersi level, and can absorbed energy also. It really comes down to Thanos vs Cyborg Superman, and who to say that Cyborg Superman wants to live, if Thanos can grant CSM wish, than Ultron and Nimrod are in trouble they don't have enough raw power too put down Thanos.

Thanos wins majority.

Ultron can put down Thanos, but it would take a long time imo. Arguably Thanos would've more trouble to beat Ultron down.

the Darkone
Ultron does not have enough raw power, Thanos is a eternal by nature and can amp plus he has the power of cosmic. Thanos rearranges Ultron into a toilet, Ultron durability wouldn't be that great, Ultron will get butt hurt.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think the team wins.. and I think this thread was made to bait Quan.... Sad.. even for Lord of Blunder

Bentley
Ultron does not have enough raw power, Thanos is a eternal by nature and can amp plus he has the power of cosmic. Thanos rearranges Ultron into a toilet, Ultron durability wouldn't be that great, Ultron will get butt hurt.

Ultron can hurt both physically and mentally, he can beat Vision, Thor and Wonderman at the same time taking their hits as if they were nothing. Arguably, they could stalemate because both have uber durability, but Thanos, being biological should stack more damage in the long run (he doesn't have actual invulnerability and has been cut by adamantium). Ultron can control every molecule in its body.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think the team wins.. and I think this thread was made to bait Quan.... Sad.. even for Lord of Blunder

Well, since Nimrod is relatively low in the food chain and Quan lowballs Henshaw like there is no tomorrow I see him choosing Thanos over them.

Sirius77
I still say team, and if CIS is off for Henshaw on Apocalypse and he has Ultron and Nimrod with him, I dont see Thanos winning this. Any type of tech is out of the question for Thanos regardless of whether or not the planet survives.

quanchi112
Oh...so Thanos can now kill Ultron even though Ultron (in this senario) is made up of primary adamantium? Is that what you are saying?

LoL...why am I even asking this question...of course you think Thanos can damage primary adamantium; you also think Thanos can beat Odin every single time, is superior to Galactus, and "out ranks" Celestials...

Also, Nimrod can reconstruct even if beaten down into powder...how is Thanos going to kill him? Keep in mind that he's going to be adapting to Thanos's tactics as well; Thanos can blast him down and beat him down (and Nimrod will adapt against both)...then what?

Is it beyond you to admit that this team is capable of defeating Thanos? He's the avatar of death do you believe Mistress Death lacksk the power to destroy Ultron ?

Scans? In hp not uploading them to my photobucket which is full.

Bentley
Death has no power over those made of pure artifice, such as the Vision in the Cancerverse.

If you can get the scans later on I'd like to see them.

quanchi112
Death has no power over those made of pure artifice, such as the Vision in the Cancerverse.

If you can get the scans later on I'd like to see them. Death has the power to destroy them. I don't care if they have no soul or not that's immaterial to the power she possesses.

Not going to, as I have already said.

Bentley
Can you give me issue numbers then?

Yeah, Death can destroy them as any high end abstract should big grin

quanchi112

Yeah, Death can destroy them as any high end abstract should big grin Then you agree Thanos can as her avatar. Good.

Hp I think issue 2.

Bentley
Then you agree Thanos can as her avatar. Good.

Hp I think issue 2.

I'll check the scan.

Dude, Phyla was also Death's avatar no expression

TheLordofMurder
Oh ok.. Then going by ure theory of matchups, what can these 3 Do to Thanos..? Meaning what matchup advantage that is part of their powerset can defeat the titan?

Nimrod could scan Thanos for weaknesses and duplicate the wavelength spectrum Drax gives off that makes Thanos lose control of his molecular structure...

Inaddition to this, Nimrod could create anti-matter (which Thanos has been shown to be vulnerable to)...

After being softened up by Nimrod, the others should (IMHO) be able to directly harm Thanos; eventually the team should be able to put him down...

@Quanchi

Who gives a dam if Thanos is the Avatar of Death; give me a scan of Thanos directly damaging primary adamantium (or something equally durable) under his own power or else you have no argument at all pertaining to Thanos's ability to directly harm Ultron...

TheLordofMurder

Yeah, Death can destroy them as any high end abstract should big grin

Mistress Death herself (itself actually) could destroy them, but Thanos is not her is he?

TheLordofMurder
I think the team wins..

Welcome to the light!

smile

Bentley
Not cool, KuRuPT Thanosi actually plays fair!

Quan in the other hand comes up with the funniest arguments big grin

quanchi112
I'll check the scan.

Dude, Phyla was also Death's avatar no expression Yes, but unlike her Thanos was indesctructible and a lot more powerful.

Nimrod could scan Thanos for weaknesses and duplicate the wavelength spectrum Drax gives off that makes Thanos lose control of his molecular structure...

Inaddition to this, Nimrod could create anti-matter (which Thanos has been shown to be vulnerable to)...

After being softened up by Nimrod, the others should (IMHO) be able to directly harm Thanos; eventually the team should be able to put him down...

@Quanchi

Who gives a dam if Thanos is the Avatar of Death; give me a scan of Thanos directly damaging primary adamantium (or something equally durable) under his own power or else you have no argument at all pertaining to Thanos's ability to directly harm Ultron... That can't happen as Drax was created for this by Kronos. You need to support this argument not just throw rampant theories and hope one sticks to the wall.

Thanos killed unkillable creatures and was vested with her power so I feel it's definitely supportable. Thanos wipes Ultron off the map.

Bentley
Except he just permanently killed people under Death's regular influence, not robots.

But yeah, end game unkillable Thanos can't be killed... but he can be koed

quanchi112
Except he just permanently killed people under Death's regular influence, not robots.

But yeah, end game unkillable Thanos can't be killed... but he can be koed Death had no influence there it was an alien universe where death was destroyed.

Thanos always had the power anyways but at these levels the guy is too much for the team.

Only time I saw him ko'd was by a cc while mindless. Goo dluck proving that.

TheLordofMurder
Nimrod's "scanning" ability has never failed to come up with a lethal solution for its target; Nimrod was even killing Classic Juggernant until the X-Men showed up...

Until I see it fail against a target, I have no reason to believe it'll just magically fail against Thanos; it should work...

Thanos is weak against the frequency Drax gives off; it doesnt matter who created Drax...the frequency is real (in the comicbook world of course) and has substance...and so that frequency can be duplicated.

Again, until Nimrods "scanning" ability fails, there is no reason to believe that it will fail against Thanos...unless of course you are like Quan and believe it should fail simply because the target is Thanos.

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Oh until you can provide a scan that shows Thanos directly damaging primary adamantium (or something as durable as it) under his own power, then Thanos has no prayer of harming Ultron at all...

Until you can prove otherwise, Ultron can tank anything Thanos hurls at him...

the ninjak
I'll check the scan.

Dude, Phyla was also Death's avatar no expression

But Phylla wasn't rejected by Death. Thanos was hence his indestructibility.

quanchi112
Nimrod's "scanning" ability has never failed to come up with a lethal solution for its target; Nimrod was even killing Classic Juggernant until the X-Men showed up...

Until I see it fail against a target, I have no reason to believe it'll just magically fail against Thanos; it should work...

Thanos is weak against the frequency Drax gives off; it doesnt matter who created Drax...the frequency is real (in the comicbook world of course) and has substance...and so that frequency can be duplicated.

Again, until Nimrods "scanning" ability fails, there is no reason to believe that it will fail against Thanos...unless of course you are like Quan and believe it should fail simply because the target is Thanos.

Happy Dance Juggs has weaknesses though Thabos doesn't hence the indestructible part.

Drax has it in his dna Nimrod doesn't. smile

Just because Nimrod does something to Juggs doesn't mean it works against every other character. You need to prove it.

TheLordofMurder
Juggs has weaknesses though Thabos doesn't hence the indestructible part.

Drax has it in his dna Nimrod doesn't. smile

Just because Nimrod does something to Juggs doesn't mean it works against every other character. You need to prove it.

Just having code in his DNA isnt enough; whatever sequence is in his DNA has to be triggering a physical response that is causing his body to radiate the frequency that makes Thanos vulnerable when Drax is near him...

Again, this frequency should (logically) be able to duplicated...

As for Nimrods scanning ability working on Thanos, if has never failed...so there is no reason to believe it wont work on Thanos.

And there you go LYING again (must you blatantly LIE to make Thanos seem to better than what he truly is??); Thanos DOES have weakness; Drax is living proof of Thanos's vulnerability.

Happy Dance

Bentley
Death had no influence there it was an alien universe where death was destroyed.

Maybe the definition of Avatar of Death escapes you, but it means he carries Death wherever he goes, including place where Death, by definition, is no longer.

Only time I saw him ko'd was by a cc while mindless. Goo dluck proving that.

Quan, repeating yourself Drax didn't kill Thanos on TI doesn't make it non canon. We saw "invincible" Thanos die. Deal with it.

Bentley
Originally posted by the ninjak
But Phylla wasn't rejected by Death. Thanos was hence his indestructibility.

It wasn't an answer to indestructibility, my answer to that is that Thanos can be koed.

quanchi112
Maybe the definition of Avatar of Death escapes you, but it means he carries Death wherever he goes, including place where Death, by definition, is no longer.

Quan, repeating yourself Drax didn't kill Thanos on TI doesn't make it non canon. We saw "invincible" Thanos die. Deal with it. Maybe the fact that Thanos was much more powerful than Phyla escapes you.

Thanos was weakened so Drax was able to by also negating his powers which holds no water to a fully powered Thanos anyways.

He also reformed atom by atom.Originally posted by Bentley
It wasn't an answer to indestructibility, my answer to that is that Thanos can be koed. A weakened character isn't the same as koing a fully powered character.

TheLordofMurder
Just having code in his DNA isnt enough; whatever sequence is in his DNA has to be triggering a physical response that is causing his body to radiate the frequency that makes Thanos vulnerable when Drax is near him...

Again, this frequency should (logically) be able to duplicated...

As for Nimrods scanning ability working on Thanos, if has never failed...so there is no reason to believe it wont work on Thanos.

And there you go LYING again (must you blatantly LIE to make Thanos seem to better than what he truly is??); Thanos DOES have weakness; Drax is living proof of Thanos's vulnerability.

Happy Dance

thumb up

Bentley
Thanos never went "full power" during the TI, so we can only assume how he would be right? We should work with things we can mesure such as Thanos totally destroyed by Drax.

Even if Thanos recovers -under the influence of an abstract, not under his own power-, it still counts as a ko.

Nihilist
Thanos calls his armada of star ships to destroy the planet, he wins.

Bentley
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos calls his armada of star ships to destroy the planet, against two of the most accomplished technopaths in comics.

Nihilist
Who wouldn't be able to do shit against then because of the distance they attack from.

Bentley
Who wouldn't be able to do shit against then because of the distance they attack from.

Well, aside from the fact the Armada is hardly standard equipment from any of the current Thanos, I would say it would be dependant on the battlefield whether or not they can control the ships. Also, one single yellow ring shield would tank a planet explosion...

Nihilist
Well, aside from the fact the Armada is hardly standard equipment from any of the current Thanos, I would say it would be dependant on the battlefield whether or not they can control the ships. Also, one single yellow ring shield would tank a planet explosion... Thanos has called upon and used his armada/battle cruiser at least 3 times, and his dreadnaught 666 starship destroy the palnet that was protect by the Godess who was using loads of cosmic containment units.

Bentley
Thanos has called upon and used his armada/battle cruiser at least 3 times, and his dreadnaught 666 starship destroy the palnet that was protect by the Godess who was using loads of cosmic containment units.

Mmmmh... I think it can be argued if it's standard equipment, people have banned BRB's ship and Taa II from matches before, so I really have to wonder whether they count or not. I feel it's a bit against the "spirit" of the Vs forums to make a fight with Thanos when it ends up being a battle just using Thanos's ships... I don't agree it would work as standard equipment.

The plan could still back fire against technopaths.

-Pr-
It's not standard equipment. The OP would have had to state that he would get it.

Destroying Thanos' body, even if he reforms, counts as a win, because he's technically out of the fight for as long as it takes him to reform/heal.

Nihilist
Mmmmh... I think it can be argued if it's standard equipment, people have banned BRB's ship and Taa II from matches before, so I really have to wonder whether they count or not. I feel it's a bit against the "spirit" of the Vs forums to make a fight with Thanos when it ends up being a battle just using Thanos's ships... I don't agree it would work as standard equipment.

The plan could still back fire against technopaths. Originally posted by -Pr-
It's not standard equipment.what a suprise in this case in not standard for him, yet he has the ability to call upon it when he needs it and has done so at least 3 times.You mean the op by the thread starter who made it a blatant bait thread and tried to make it as much of a spite matchup against Thanos as possible.

He reformed instantly, its funny in the rules if you are bfrd but can make it back to the battlefield its not a win, but now all of a sudden this is a win.

-Pr-
what a suprise in this case in not standard for him, yet he has the ability to call upon it when he needs it and has done so at least 3 times.You mean the op by the thread starter who made it a blatant bait thread and tried to make it as much of a spite matchup against Thanos as possible.

He reformed instantly, its funny in the rules if you are bfrd but can make it back to the battlefield its not a win, but now all of a sudden this is a win.

It's not standard equipment, because fights take place in a neutral universe. It would be no different than Batman calling in Superman to help him in a fight. It's been a rule since Badabing and I started, and we've stopped other characters getting advantages like this.

Or would you like Thanos to get special treatment?

If it's a bait thread, did you report it as such?

It's not funny if you're going to be snarky about it. How fast does he reform?

Nihilist
Originally posted by -Pr-
It's not standard equipment, because fights take place in a neutral universe. It would be no different than Batman calling in Superman to help him in a fight. It's been a rule since Badabing and I started, and we've stopped other characters getting advantages like this.So why is Pre Crsis fate allowed to call upon the power god or Strange wit outside help or anyone else for that matter.

No just Fair.

Whats the point anymore as this is all he does in almost every thread and post, yet nothing happens. Granted i may be a ass, but at least my aim is to debate, his is to bait with spite threads.

Alomst instantly, Drax killed him,GOTG started have a conversation then he reformed.

-Pr-
So why is Pre Crsis fate allowed to call upon the power god or Strange wit outside help or anyone else for that matter.

No just Fair.

Whats the point anymore as this is all he does in almost every thread and post, yet nothing happens. Granted i may be a ass, but at least my aim is to debate, his is to bait with spite threads.

Alomst instantly, Drax killed him,GOTG started have a conversation then he reformed.

they're allowed what they have as standard equipment. that's it. as in, the clothes on their back and any gadgets they have access to. calling in help isn't allowed unless it's an integral part of their powers (gl making constructs, etc)

it's fair as it is. two wrongs don't make a right.

we can't see everything. we can only respond to the reports we see. if you want something done about it, you have to let us know. we can't check every thread.

then what is Bentley referring to?

Nihilist
they're allowed what they have as standard equipment. that's it. as in, the clothes on their back and any gadgets they have access to. calling in help isn't allowed unless it's an integral part of their powers (gl making constructs, etc)He has direct access to his armada though, he has summoned it twice from the other side of the universe to deal with problems.

Dont seem that way as he have access to it whenever he needs it.

I have several times in alot of threads, but he gets a warning that he will get a warning but still does it.

Dont know, but thats how fast he reformed.

Black bolt z

Afterall, this team possesses less raw power than other teams that Thanos would alledgedly wreck; of course sometimes how opponents matchup with one another is much more meaningful than the raw power possesses by either side... This I can understand.Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos can bfr due to his pinky finger and he cann't easily disable all tech anyways in the area. He needed to sync up to apokolips in hp iirc to control it.

Show hank taking over someone else's shield not that he'd even need one here.

Thanos wrecks them via Drax soon as he gets serious he hones in and kills each character. Please explain to me how thanos is supposed to bust primary adamantium...

Black bolt z
Ultron does not have enough raw power, Thanos is a eternal by nature and can amp plus he has the power of cosmic. Thanos rearranges Ultron into a toilet, Ultron durability wouldn't be that great, Ultron will get butt hurt. What the hell do you mean ultron doesn't have the firepower to take down thanos?

Non-adamantium ultron consistantly wrecks the avengers.

quanchi112
Thanos never went "full power" during the TI, so we can only assume how he would be right? We should work with things we can mesure such as Thanos totally destroyed by Drax.

Even if Thanos recovers -under the influence of an abstract, not under his own power-, it still counts as a ko. He was fully powered in gotg which gunfire didn't even phase him while in ti drax knocked him back showing a huge lapse in overall power. I mean this isn't hard to figure out and lol at anyone arguing based off of a weakened character alone. Shows how impressive Thanos is.

This I can understand. Please explain to me how thanos is supposed to bust primary adamantium... Thanos' power which killed unkillables in a universe where life won.

Black bolt z
It's not standard equipment, because fights take place in a neutral universe. It would be no different than Batman calling in Superman to help him in a fight. It's been a rule since Badabing and I started, and we've stopped other characters getting advantages like this.

Or would you like Thanos to get special treatment?

If it's a bait thread, did you report it as such?

It's not funny if you're going to be snarky about it. How fast does he reform? It takes him like probably 20 seconds to reform.

Black bolt z
He was fully powered in gotg which gunfire didn't even phase him while in ti drax knocked him back showing a huge lapse in overall power. I mean this isn't hard to figure out and lol at anyone arguing based off of a weakened character alone. Shows how impressive Thanos is.

Thanos' power which killed unkillables in a universe where life won. Wow....gunfire....

OK....that has nothing to do with breaking adamantium. Please show thanos breakin anything close to primary adamantium level.

quanchi112
Wow....gunfire....

OK....that has nothing to do with breaking adamantium. Please show thanos breakin anything close to primary adamantium level. From the high tech he didn't even move at all but while weakened went flying back which shows you how weakened he was.

This is more impressive than busting adamantium. Do you believe Lt can destroy adamntium ?

Black bolt z
From the high tech he didn't even move at all but while weakened went flying back which shows you how weakened he was.

This is more impressive than busting adamantium. Do you believe Lt can destroy adamntium ? He wasn't that weakened at that point. Please post proof he was still weakened.

No its not. Please show him busting anything close to primary adamantium.

quanchi112
He wasn't that weakened at that point. Please post proof he was still weakened.

No its not. Please show him busting anything close to primary adamantium. Originally posted by Psycho Doctor
TI #1

Rocket Raccoon says, "..you're not back to full strength to take a hit from one of these babies," this is before they enter the cancerverse

TI#2

Once they enter the cancerverse, Thanos is weakened even further and collapses. When he gets up he one-shots the entire cancerverse defenders and says "I'm having great difficulty...retaining my mental....composure....in this universe"

TI#3

Mantis states "Thanos has recovered too much power" for her and the other three telepaths to mindlock him. (in the context of the scan they meant he regained too much power for them to use telepathy to hold him back, not that he was close to his full power).

TI#5 they also mention him recovering power steadily. This is after Thanos kills Drax. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was never stated that Thanos regained his full powers

I have scans but I'm not allowed to post links because I'm new messed I already used an example of the gunfire and throughout the entire arc he never fully recovered his power. Never.

I already provided my reasoning and you just dodge my questions so I ask once again can Lt destroy it ?

Black bolt z
I already used an example of the gunfire and throughout the entire arc he never fully recovered his power. Never.

I already provided my reasoning and you just dodge my questions so I ask once again can Lt destroy it ? Gunfire is not impresive. Meta's take gunfire right? You do realize that? And yes he did. It states he lost power as soon as he entered the cancerverse but quickly gained it back.

Yes.

quanchi112
Gunfire is not impresive. Meta's take gunfire right? You do realize that? And yes he did. It states he lost power as soon as he entered the cancerverse but quickly gained it back.

Yes. Your right so him getting knocked back also fruther leads to the fact he was weakened which it stated in the comic numerous times. While at full power gunfire didn't move him an inch.

Never did it state he recovered full power only that he was recovering power.

The you agree with the proper amount of power it can be done. Thanos does so whether you believe it or not.

Black bolt z
Your right so him getting knocked back also fruther leads to the fact he was weakened which it stated in the comic numerous times. While at full power gunfire didn't move him an inch.

Never did it state he recovered full power only that he was recovering power.

The you agree with the proper amount of power it can be done. Thanos does so whether you believe it or not. Gunfire isn't impressive. Gunfire wouldn't mova Iron man and inch.

Never did it state he wasn't. It said in the first few comics.

Yes. Thanos doesn't have that power.

quanchi112
Gunfire isn't impressive. Gunfire wouldn't mova Iron man and inch.

Never did it state he wasn't. It said in the first few comics.

Yes. Thanos doesn't have that power. This gunfire would. This isn't a pistol this is space tech so you agree based off of the fact it did affect Thanos he was vastly weakened.

Never did it state he fully recovered.

Thanos does so easily.

Black bolt z
This gunfire would. This isn't a pistol this is space tech so you agree based off of the fact it did affect Thanos he was vastly weakened.

Never did it state he fully recovered.

Thanos does so easily. A freakin gun isn't impressive. A space gun doesn't matter.

Never did he state he didn't.

Prove it like I asked. Which you still have yet to do PROVE he is strong enough to bust primary adamantium.

quanchi112
A freakin gun isn't impressive. A space gun doesn't matter.

Never did he state he didn't.

Prove it like I asked. Which you still have yet to do PROVE he is strong enough to bust primary adamantium. So you agree he's weakened since he didn' tbudge but at this point he went flying which proves he is weakened.

The burden is on you since he was stated to be weakened to prove he recovered all his power.

I named more impressive feats you disagree I don't. I am right you are wrong nothing new here.

Black bolt z
So you agree he's weakened since he didn' tbudge but at this point he went flying which proves he is weakened.

The burden is on you since he was stated to be weakened to prove he recovered all his power.

I named more impressive feats you disagree I don't. I am right you are wrong nothing new here. No. Because Drax is stronger then a gun.

The fact he was able to handle Mar-vell

You haven't proven anything. PROVE thanos can bust primary adamantium.

Please just prove it. DOn't dodge it, don't troll it. Just answer it. Give me a feat that shows he can.

quanchi112
No. Because Drax is stronger then a gun.

The fact he was able to handle Mar-vell

You haven't proven anything. PROVE thanos can bust primary adamantium.

Please just prove it. DOn't dodge it, don't troll it. Just answer it. Give me a feat that shows he can. Drax fired the gun and it made him fall back. Firing a gun has nothing to do with strength. You couldn't possibly be any worse at understanding this.

This happened later so even while weakened it shows how powerful and physically powerful he is.

I gave my reasoning you disagree there are no showings he can or cannot. I believe he can you don't.

Black bolt z
Drax fired the gun and it made him fall back. Firing a gun has nothing to do with strength. You couldn't possibly be any worse at understanding this.

This happened later so even while weakened it shows how powerful and physically powerful he is.

I gave my reasoning you disagree there are no showings he can or cannot. I believe he can you don't. Drax is stronger then a gun. It doesn't matter who fired it.

Prove he was weakened.

Theres no proof he can. Therefore he cannot.

quanchi112
Drax is stronger then a gun. It doesn't matter who fired it.

Prove he was weakened.

Theres no proof he can. Therefore he cannot. The gun hit Thanos so Drax' strength is irrelevant.

I already have I am not restating myself for someone who asks the same questions over and over. I backed up my case you continue to repeat yourself.

I gave my reasoning.

Black bolt z
The gun hit Thanos so Drax' strength is irrelevant.

I already have I am not restating myself for someone who asks the same questions over and over. I backed up my case you continue to repeat yourself.

I gave my reasoning. Exactly.

No you haven't.

OK. So he can't.

quanchi112
Exactly.

No you haven't.

OK. So he can't. So you agree with me. Good.

i PROVIDED A RESPONSE WHICH DETAILS THE WORDS FROM THESE COMICS.

He can you are wrong.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is black bolt doing his idiot routine again... I swear he's turning into a minny Silent Master and Lord of Blunder... Did he really just ask for proof AGAIN that Thanos was weakened... I'm seriously... How many times do you need to be hit over the head with this.. Just because you haven't read the comic and are young and thus can't comprehend basic scans and words is not our fault. Stop asking for proof of something that has been proven over and over again. Not only is it childish but makes you look slow and stupid.

Black bolt z
So you agree with me. Good.

i PROVIDED A RESPONSE WHICH DETAILS THE WORDS FROM THESE COMICS.

He can you are wrong. PROVE he can break primary adamantium.Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Is black bolt doing his idiot routine again... I swear he's turning into a minny Silent Master and Lord of Blunder... Did he really just ask for proof AGAIN that Thanos was weakened... I'm seriously... How many times do you need to be hit over the head with this.. Just because you haven't read the comic and are young and thus can't comprehend basic scans and words is not our fault. Stop asking for proof of something that has been proven over and over again. Not only is it childish but makes you look slow and stupid. I know he was weakened. I just want quan to prove it. With scans.

And he might have actually been at full power as said by mantis and cosmo.

zopzop
I don't know what Cyborg Supes is capable of, I don't read much DC.

But there ain't jack Nimrod or Ultron are gonna do that's gonna hurt Thanos at all. I can almost safely say he completely ignores their attacks.

Not knowing what Cyborg Supes is capable of I'm gonna say Thanos 9/10. If CS is just another Nimrod or Ultron wanna be then Thanos 10/10.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by zopzop
I don't know what Cyborg Supes is capable of, I don't read much DC.

But there ain't jack Nimrod or Ultron are gonna do that's gonna hurt Thanos at all. I can almost safely say he completely ignores their attacks.

Not knowing what Cyborg Supes is capable of I'm gonna say Thanos 9/10. If CS is just another Nimrod or Ultron wanna be then Thanos 10/10. You don't think a punch from primary adamantium ultron is going to hurt him?erm

KuRuPT Thanosi
PROVE he can break primary adamantium. I know he was weakened. I just want quan to prove it. With scans.

And he might have actually been at full power as said by mantis and cosmo.

Please point me to ANY scan that says he was at full power? It DOESN'T EXIST. You twit.. AFTER the comment that you got wrong and drax placed the bomb on Thanos.. IN THE NEXT ISSUE.. they still talked about Thanos still regaining his strength. For God's sake it couldn't be anymore clear.

Black bolt z
Please point me to ANY scan that says he was at full power? It DOESN'T EXIST. You twit.. AFTER the comment that you got wrong and drax placed the bomb on Thanos.. IN THE NEXT ISSUE.. they still talked about Thanos still regaining his strength. For God's sake it couldn't be anymore clear. OK. Him being weakened still doesn't affect him being killed by anti-matter. It would have killed him anyway.

zopzop
You don't think a punch from primary adamantium ultron is going to hurt him?erm

Hell no.

Black bolt z
Hell no. Explain.

zopzop
What kind of force is Ultron putting behind that punch? Thanos has withstood going toe to toe vs Odin and DP Tryant.

A "punch" from Adamantium Ultron is gonna do jack except annoy him.

Black bolt z
What kind of force is Ultron putting behind that punch? Thanos has withstood going toe to toe vs Odin and DP Tryant.

A "punch" from Adamantium Ultron is gonna do jack except annoy him. Considering non adamantium ultron has decked thor on multiple occasions with his punches. Not to mention his enphalco(spelled that wrong).

zopzop
So you're saying "punches" from Ultron hit harder than all out energy assaults by High End Skyfathers?

You been drinking today BBZ?

Black bolt z
So you're saying "punches" from Ultron hit harder than all out energy assaults by High End Skyfathers?

You been drinking today BBZ? No. I'm saying they are going to hurt him. Never said KO him. You said it wouldn't hurt him and thats just plain false.

zopzop
No they WON'T hurt him. And no that's not false.

Black bolt z
No they WON'T hurt him. And no that's not false. Explain why it won't hurt him. It will. SO I don't know what that Odin comment was about. Because Odin hurt thanos.Alot.

zopzop
A HIGH END SKY FATHER channeling his powers through his weapon vs being "punched' by Ultron.

Hmm.....

Black bolt z
A HIGH END SKY FATHER channeling his powers through his weapon vs being "punched' by Ultron.

Hmm..... Yes. One would hurt a lot more then the other.

zopzop
Yeah one would hurt : the high end skyfather's blasts.

The other would merely annoy : being "punched" by a robot.

Black bolt z
Yeah one would hurt : the high end skyfather's blasts.

The other would merely annoy : being "punched" by a robot. No. One would Floor him with ease: The high end Skyfathers blast

The other would hurt: Being punched by primary adamantium punches that decked thor while not being adamantium. Much less primary.

zopzop
Thanos struggled but WALKED through an Odin force blast being focused by Gungnir. WALKED THROUGH!

Ultron isn't hurting Thanos with a "punch" or with anything else in his arsenal, Adamantium or not.

Black bolt z
Thanos struggled but WALKED through an Odin force blast being focused by Gungnir. WALKED THROUGH!

Ultron isn't hurting Thanos with a "punch" or with anything else in his arsenal, Adamantium or not. Considering hes been hurt by less then adamantium yes he is.

My opinion of the thread in on the first page.

zopzop
Considering he walked through a blast by a galaxy busting being, I don't see what a robot is gonna do to him.

And I'm getting tired of repeating myself so I'm done here.

Black bolt z
Considering he walked through a blast by a galaxy busting being, I don't see what a robot is gonna do to him.

And I'm getting tired of repeating myself so I'm done here. Except not all of his blasts are galaxy busting.

zopzop
Except not all of his blasts are galaxy busting.

wacko

Black bolt z
wacko Are you claiming everything Odin throws can bust galaxies?

zopzop
Are you claiming the guy that walked through an Odin Force blast channeled by Gungnir is gonna be hurt by a "punch" from Ultron?

Black bolt z
Are you claiming the guy that walked through an Odin Force blast channeled by Gungnir is gonna be hurt by a "punch" from Ultron? Why not?

quanchi112
PROVE he can break primary adamantium. I know he was weakened. I just want quan to prove it. With scans.

And he might have actually been at full power as said by mantis and cosmo. I already have give my opinion and you repeating yourself only makes you look foolish not me.

I might report this because that's trolling if you know this was true and posted all over this thread for me to prove it. Originally posted by Black bolt z
OK. Him being weakened still doesn't affect him being killed by anti-matter. It would have killed him anyway. Speculation and unfounded.

TheTyrant
Are you claiming everything Odin throws can bust galaxies?

Do you dislike Thanos? Or do you disagree with Quan and the rest of the Thanos fans just for the sake of disagreeing with them?

Your argument in this thread is veeery weak nevertheless. I am dissapoint... I am disappoint.

Black bolt z
I already have give my opinion and you repeating yourself only makes you look foolish not me.

I might report this because that's trolling if you know this was true and posted all over this thread for me to prove it. Speculation and unfounded. You need proof not an opinion.

Its not speculation. Do you not know science? Here quan answer this question: Is thanos made of matter?

quanchi112
You need proof not an opinion.

Its not speculation. Do you not know science? Here quan answer this question: Is thanos made of matter? I cited my reasoning based off of comics as proof there isn't proof Hulk can ko Superman but we can list proof as to why we think so. Are you new here ?

Science and comic book science are too different things. Fiction doesn't have to obey the laws of physics.

Black bolt z
I cited my reasoning based off of comics as proof there isn't proof Hulk can ko Superman but we can list proof as to why we think so. Are you new here ?

Science and comic book science are too different things. Fiction doesn't have to obey the laws of physics. You haven't given proof he can break it. Or even suggest it. You said "tanos iz tez avatarz of deathzszs!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!".

Thats why its not a lot feat for thanos. They actually used science.

quanchi112
You haven't given proof he can break it. Or even suggest it. You said "tanos iz tez avatarz of deathzszs!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!".

Thats why its not a lot feat for thanos. They actually used science. He's weakened and the gunfire knocked him back whereas at full power it didn't even budge him showing how weakened he was.

You don't understand comics at all.

Black bolt z
He's weakened and the gunfire knocked him back whereas at full power it didn't even budge him showing how weakened he was.

You don't understand comics at all. Yet he wasn't weakened enough for MAntis and cosmo(some powerful telepaths) to read his mind kinda?

It would still destroy him.Weakened or not.

I'm done with you.

Team still wins.

quanchi112
Yet he wasn't weakened enough for MAntis and cosmo(some powerful telepaths) to read his mind kinda?

It would still destroy him.Weakened or not.

I'm done with you.

Team still wins. After the cc ko'd him. It takes cc power to do so to a mindless Thanos.

Speculation and since the gunfire knocked him back whereas earlier it didn't even phase him I don't see this phasing him either.

Run for dear life because as always this thread belongs to Thanos.

Black bolt z
After the cc ko'd him. It takes cc power to do so to a mindless Thanos.

Speculation and since the gunfire knocked him back whereas earlier it didn't even phase him I don't see this phasing him either.

Run for dear life because as always this thread belongs to Thanos. No it doesn't.

What you see phasing him and what will are different.

Not really.

quanchi112
No it doesn't.

What you see phasing him and what will are different.

Not really. Yes, it does only while weakened can they mindlock him.

No, my opinion is factual yours isn't.

You just said you were done with this thread I play you like a fiddle.

-Pr-
BBZ and Quan, put each other on ignore or face warnings. Your trolling has gone way too far.

Bentley
Are you claiming the guy that walked through an Odin Force blast channeled by Gungnir is gonna be hurt by a "punch" from Ultron?

Ultron becomes a ionic explosion in Thanos's face, that's gonna hurt although not as much as Odin's attacks. Rinse and repeat, Thanos get's spent. Is it so easy to understand that Thanos's night formidable endurance doesn't come from full invulnerability?

Bentley
He was fully powered in gotg which gunfire didn't even phase him while in ti drax knocked him back showing a huge lapse in overall power. I mean this isn't hard to figure out and lol at anyone arguing based off of a weakened character alone. Shows how impressive Thanos is.

Quan, you know as well as I do that you can't prove how powerful "empowered Thanos" was. You know they never mentioned him being weakened after the fight with the Cancerverse-Defenders. So it's just your opinion.

lol at people discussing characters that were never displayed in comics. Shows people can't actually stick to the Thanos they get because he's too weak wink

TheLordofMurder

Do you think Nimrod is incapable of scanning Thanos for weaknesses and coming up with "The Drax Force?"

Afterall, this ability has never failed (he was even killing Classic Juggs in this fashion) so why wouldnt Nimrod be capable of doing this Thanos?

"The Drax Force" causes Thanos to lose control of his molecular structure and lowers his durability as a result; yes, against an unweakened Thanos, I fully believe no one on this team can do any real (lasting) harm to him...but after exposing Thanos to (and constantly bombarding him with) "The Drax Force," I fully believe Thanos would become vulnerable to their attacks...and they should eventually be able to put him down.

Oh the flip side (for those of you that feel I created a "spite thread;" and yes I am directly addressing you Nihilist, Quanchi, and Thanosi...you three might not believe this, but I gave this alot of thought before creating this thread) I dont believe the team winning is a certainty because all of the teams winning chances lie SOLELY on the shoulders of Nimrod...

Nimrod is the only member of this team capable of making Thanos vulnerable to real harm by the other two; Cyborg Superman is valuable to the team because he can render Thanos' tech useless; Ultron is valuable because he can tank whatever Thanos throws at them...

But without Nimrods ability to weaken Thanos, the other two would have no prayer of bringing Thanos down...

Thanos is highly intelligent...battle savy...creative...and is immensely powerful; I absolutely believe he is "capable" of thinking up a way to stop Nimrod (afterall, Nimrod has vulnerabilities of his own) long enough to defeat the other two...

So once again, this isnt a "spite thread" as both sides have a real chance of defeating the other; and it would be nice if a certain (incredibly biased) individual could "man-up" enough to admit this...

-Pr-
LOM: 1, stop bashing, and 2, i recommend you alter your sig and remove the quote by quan.

TheLordofMurder
??

When did I bash anyone in my above post?

And why do you want me to change my sig? I didnt make it up; Quan actually said that and that was my actual response...

-Pr-
??

When did I bash anyone in my above post?

And why do you want me to change my sig? I didnt make it up; Quan actually said that and that was my actual response...

the last line of your post is antagonistic.

it doesn't matter if he really wrote it or not. people tend to get banned for putting statements by other people in their sigs, as it can be seen as a form of flaming or baiting.

KuRuPT Thanosi
OK. Him being weakened still doesn't affect him being killed by anti-matter. It would have killed him anyway.

Please post proof that this blast would've killed him. The thing is..you have no proof. Just like when Superman is weakened by Red Sunlight or Knite and gets KO'd.. we can't go.. well that would've ko'd him anyways.. as that isn't a fact we can prove. What we can prove for sure is that he was weakened and more than likely that was a key factor in him being KO'd.

Now, what we also know is.. not only was Thanos weakened... he also was dealing with Drax's aura that turns off his molecular control over his body. Those are two things that are facts that make it clear those factors contributed to him getting hurt by the Anti-Matter blast. If you have any proof or narration that he would've been killed anyways and those two factors played no role... by all means... post away kid

TitoSanchez
Cyborg Superman with Rings should be a match for Thanos. He utterly trashed Superman.

zopzop
Do you think Nimrod is incapable of scanning Thanos for weaknesses and coming up with "The Drax Force?"

Drax Force is a direct result of him being created by Kronos the Titan God to hunt down and kill Thanos. I doubt a machine would be capable of duplicating the para-cosmic/mystic power Kronos used.

See my above reply about Nimrod. Do you think Cyborg Supes > Thanos tech wise? I don't. And if Thor can dent Adamantium then I'm sure Thanos can too. He pummeled the Surfer to death without even working up a sweat.

I actually would feel sorry for team but they only machines, so they get no sympathy when Thanos rips their circuits out.

Black bolt z
Please post proof that this blast would've killed him. The thing is..you have no proof. Just like when Superman is weakened by Red Sunlight or Knite and gets KO'd.. we can't go.. well that would've ko'd him anyways.. as that isn't a fact we can prove. What we can prove for sure is that he was weakened and more than likely that was a key factor in him being KO'd.

Now, what we also know is.. not only was Thanos weakened... he also was dealing with Drax's aura that turns off his molecular control over his body. Those are two things that are facts that make it clear those factors contributed to him getting hurt by the Anti-Matter blast. If you have any proof or narration that he would've been killed anyways and those two factors played no role... by all means... post away kid Because Anti matter cancels out matter. Whats so hard to understand about this?

I would give anti-matter the win against anything made of matter. They just plain destroy each other. It doesn't matter if its a piece of paper of cap's shield. Matter is matter. Anti-matter and matter destroy each other.

I don't understand why people make excuses about the anti matter. It would do the same thing to anyone made of matter.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Well that same machine (Nimrod) was able to find away around Cytorraks (never could spell that name correctly) enchantment and directly harm Juggs (and Thors God Blast was incapable of doing that; although I will admit that Thor was weakened by Hela's curse when that event occurred); again, Nimrods ability has a perfect track record...so why should it fail here?

Besides a wavelength/frequency is simply a projection of energy ranging from very high to very low regardless of its exact nature...as a result, that wavelength/frequency should (logically) be able to be duplicated.

So again, there is no logical reason why Nimrod shouldnt be able divine and replicate the frequency that makes Thanos weak...

Also, if you believe Thanos is going to just beat this team with brute force, then I simply cant agree with you; he's going to have to come up with something clever to beat them because a pure physical approach isnt going to work...

Nimrod can reconstruct from powder (and adapts against attacks used against him)...

Cyborg Supes can reconstruct (remember this battle happens on Apokalypse) almost at will with Darkseids high end tech around...

And there is no proof that Thanos could wreck Ultron; could Thanos dent Ultron? Perhaps, but denting and doing real harm to his primary adamantium body are two vastly different things...

I guess we agree to disagree then as I simply cant see Thanos completely owning this team; they match up with him too well...

TheLordofMurder
Also, you asked if I think Henshaws tech is better than Thanos's...

This is meaningless IMHO as Henshaw is a technopath...he dominates technology (and has done so on panel)...until we have some logical reason to believe otherwise, why shouldnt Henshaw be able to dominate Thanos's tech?

The reasoning that "because its Thanos's" aint good enough; if you cant provide a legit argument as to why Henshaw cant do it, then he can do it until proven otherwise...

quanchi112
Quan, you know as well as I do that you can't prove how powerful "empowered Thanos" was. You know they never mentioned him being weakened after the fight with the Cancerverse-Defenders. So it's just your opinion.

lol at people discussing characters that were never displayed in comics. Shows people can't actually stick to the Thanos they get because he's too weak wink They mentioned him as gaining more power after Drax killed him an dwe saw the gun knock him way back but guns not even faze him in gotg 25. I think I just proved he was weakened so it doesn't count.

A weakened Thanos was dominating Mar-vell. Read the comics they mention him being weakened multiple times. Thanos at full power doesn't budge with gunfire either so it shows how weakened he was at the time. smile

Bentley
They mentioned him as gaining more power after Drax killed him an dwe saw the gun knock him way back but guns not even faze him in gotg 25. I think I just proved he was weakened so it doesn't count.

A weakened Thanos was dominating Mar-vell. Read the comics they mention him being weakened multiple times. Thanos at full power doesn't budge with gunfire either so it shows how weakened he was at the time. smile

Well, let's say you're not wrong -I haven't checked on the TI, but you could be right so no point trying to disprove things that are likely-, you cannot prove the bomb wouldn't have had the same effect. You cannot prove either that Thanos is fully invulnerable for everything. I mean, you can assume and take a position, it can even be a possible one, but on the sole basis he was weakened you cannot be absolutely sure he wouldn't be damaged at full power.

vince_slice
Also, you asked if I think Henshaws tech is better than Thanos's...

This is meaningless IMHO as Henshaw is a technopath...he dominates technology (and has done so on panel)...until we have some logical reason to believe otherwise, why shouldnt Henshaw be able to dominate Thanos's tech?

The reasoning that "because its Thanos's" aint good enough; if you cant provide a legit argument as to why Henshaw cant do it, then he can do it until proven otherwise...

1. If you make the claim that Henshaw's tech is better than Thanos, you should provide proof, which might be hard since they're both from different comic universes.

2. Saying Henshaw is a technopath and therefore he dominates all tech, including Thanos is a no limits fallacy. What's stopping you from using the same flawed logic--because he "dominates ALL tech" he can dominate Galactus' tech, or Celestial tech, or etc and etc?

you cannot prove the bomb wouldn't have had the same effect.

You can't prove anything with 100% certainty, but there's a mountain of evidence suggesting the anti-matter bomb affected a weakened Thanos.

The same issue Mantis stated Thanos recovered enough power so she, Cosmo, and Moondragon couldn't mindlock him, no where does it say he's fully recovered, meaning at the time he was weakened. In fact no where in the entire TI series does it say Thanos fully recovered

Also we know Drax's anti-Thanos powers affect Thanos' ability to control his molecular structure and his durability--and that Drax's presence makes Thanos' durability weak to his attacks. This is confirmed by a marvel editor Andy Schmidt.

We know that Drax's power's aren't in his control and activate when Thanos is present. Again, this is confirmed by Mantis who probed Drax's mind after he attacked Thanos. When Thanos is present Drax automatically becomes the "avatar of life" and his anti-Thanos powers activate. Drax has no control over this.

So when Thanos died from the anti-matter bomb, two conditions were present:
(1) He wasn't fully recovered;
(2) Drax's anti-Thanos powers severely lowered his durability and ability to control his own molecules.

If you're going to take the stance that the bomb would of killed Thanos anyways is to ignore the above conditions, and would be just plain ignorant. You could try to argue those two conditions above don't make a difference, but you'd likely fail.

Bentley
If I recall correctly Mantis suggested that Drax was affected not by his own special abilities to kill Thanos, but because the Cancerverse itself; also, it hasn't been confirmed the nature of Drax's ability when he glows at Thanos, supposing his molecular structure is affected doesn't explain how Drax passed through the shields and overcame Moondragon's tp so fast. It's fully possible that Drax becomes empowered instead of Thanos becoming weaker -or both possibilities-. Also, the last time Drax killed Thanos he was glowing, in the TI such glow was no longer present so assuming that Drax was affecting Thanos instead of just the Cancerverse cannot be fully proved.

And trying to swamp the situation in which Thanos's was destroyed doesn't inmediately makes his fully powered versio indestructible.

Black bolt z
If I recall correctly Mantis suggested that Drax was affected not by his own special abilities to kill Thanos, but because the Cancerverse itself; also, it hasn't been confirmed the nature of Drax's ability when he glows at Thanos, supposing his molecular structure is affected doesn't explain how Drax passed through the shields and overcame Moondragon's tp so fast. It's fully possible that Drax becomes empowered instead of Thanos becoming weaker -or both possibilities-. Also, the last time Drax killed Thanos he was glowing, in the TI such glow was no longer present so assuming that Drax was affecting Thanos instead of just the Cancerverse cannot be fully proved.

And trying to swamp the situation in which Thanos's was destroyed doesn't inmediately makes his fully powered versio indestructible. Exactly. This isn't that hard. He doesn't weaken thanos he becomes stronger himself.

vince_slice

And trying to swamp the situation in which Thanos's was destroyed doesn't inmediately makes his fully powered versio indestructible.

In TI Mantis herself states that Drax gained his "avatar" of life powers when he was first created to be Thanos' nemesis. It says so right there on panel in TI #4. So no, the Cancerverse did not give him his powers, instead what it did was make his "COMPULSION" to kill Thanos irresistible, as stated by Rocket Raccoon, in the same issue.

It has been confirmed by Andy Schmidt in a Q&A online, a fan asked about the specific incident you talked about in your post (Drax with the glow killing Thanos through his shields), and his answer was that Drax's presence inhibits Thanos' natural atomic control ability and that's exactly why Drax can kill Thanos. Andy even went further, saying Drax can't kill Thor, and would probably even have a hard time killing Wolverine, but Thanos he can kill--because of his ability.

If you're suggesting just cause he didn't glow in TI (completely disregarding how artists have different renditions) then his power's aren't turned on his ridiculous. You know for a fact that his anti-thanos power's aren't under his conscious control, and they activated when Thanos is present, stated by MANTIS HERSELF, in TI also.l

I also want to point out--the fact that people argue that It's not Thanos that got weaker but Drax that got stronger--is quite hilarious.

Drax's powers IS to make Thanos weaker, and that's how he can kill Thanos, and thats how his powers work. The stronger that Drax's powers get, the weaker Thanos gets, because that's by definition his power in the first place. Are people that confused?

Drax's avatar of life powers don't grant him durability, or strength, or whatever, they grant him the ability to inhibit Thanos' natural atomic control thereby allow him to kill Thanos.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by vince_slice
It has been confirmed by Andy Schmidt in a Q&A online, a fan asked about the specific incident you talked about in your post (Drax with the glow killing Thanos through his shields), and his answer was that Drax's presence inhibits Thanos' natural atomic control ability and that's exactly why Drax can kill Thanos. Andy even went further, saying Drax can't kill Thor, and would probably even have a hard time killing Wolverine, but Thanos he can kill--because of his ability.
He also says galactus can barley hurt thanos which we know is false.

He also said that its thanos's eternal molecule thing which he canceled which allowed him to kill him. Which would in no way affect him durability. So either Drax did get an amp by glowing green or drax is strong enough to do that anyway.

So what Andy said was complete bullshit.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>