Battle of Leaders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Cyclops (X-men Leader) and Nightwing (Titans Leader)

vs

Captain America (Avengers Leader) and Black Canary (JLA Leader)

Two Scenarios:

Fight 1: A Battle Royal between themselves
Fight 2: Both teams are given identical teams to lead in battle against eachother - however, the leaders themselves are not allowed to fight. This is a battle of strategy/tactics. They get a day to look over powersets and train, but they are all familiar with at least one person in the lineup. The team they both get to lead are:

Storm (X-men)
Wonder Woman (JLA)
Ironman (Avengers)
Beast Boy (Titans)

This team must fight an identical team based off the leadership skills of their respective captains. Who are the better leaders?

byrdgang21
I say team 2 mostly because of Cap. I would think Scott and Dick would quarrel over who is in complete control of the team.

Plus in h2h team to is better. Caps shield can block Scotts blast but team 1 has nothing against Dinahs scream

-Pr-
Cyclops is the closest thing in comics (imo) to Captain America. You could even argue that he's superior. He wouldn't squabble with Dick at all i think.

Cap can't block a wide blast, unless he just squats behind his shield the entire match.

Silent Master
In leadership. IMO, it goes

Cap
Cyclops/Nightwing
Black Canary

marwash22
Scenario 1: team 2. Canary solos.

Scenario 2: team 1. cyclops has actual experience leading Storm as does Nightwing with Beast boy

byrdgang21
Originally posted by marwash22

Scenario 2: team 1. cyclops has actual experience leading Storm as does Nightwing with Beast boy

Great point

Q99

Canary's been Diana's fight partner in an underground fighting circuit and knows her pretty well.

srankmissingnin
Wonder Woman is a melee bruiser, it's not being familiar with her powers makes any difference because all the leaders are going to say "Wonder Woman... take out Wonder Woman!"

marwash22
Sure, but actually giving Wondy direction on a tactical level? Canary would be more of a hinderance to Wondy than anything... she may as well just tell Wondy to "go punch people".

Now that i think about it, scenario 2 doesn't really work 'cause in the end, you'd just have two Wondy's fighting each other.

EDIT: Srank beat me to the punch. laughing out loud

Silent Master
I'd pay to see that.

Q99
Sure, but actually giving Wondy direction on a tactical level? Canary would be more of a hinderance to Wondy than anything... she may as well just tell Wondy to "go punch people".

Now that i think about it, scenario 2 doesn't really work 'cause in the end, you'd just have two Wondy's fighting each other.

EDIT: Srank beat me to the punch. laughing out loud

You raise solid points smile

Metalmanx
Originally posted by -Pr-
Cyclops is the closest thing in comics (imo) to Captain America. You could even argue that he's superior. He wouldn't squabble with Dick at all i think.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

I agree completely.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Cap can't block a wide blast, unless he just squats behind his shield the entire match.

Also what I was thinking.

rotiart
... Wonder woman would tell cap her powers an he'd be like... Ohahoy are like ms marvel or Valkyrie l.. So here's what I need from you... And go...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.