Steve Roger enters the worlds martial arts tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
With a concept borrowed from a fellow a KMC member.

Steve will have equals bodies with all participants i.e. no limitless stamina, enhance brain functions, strength, speed, agility, or accelerated healing etc.

All participants must wear martial arts attire and fighting gear (gloves, shin guards, mouth piece etc).
Steve must take on all in participants order.

All fighters have one week to train and prepare.

The participants are:

1 Richard Dragon

2 Sandra Wu-san

3 Cassandra Cain

4 Bronze Tiger

5 Bruce Wayne

6 Matt Murdock

7 Elektra (no telepathy)

8 Stick (in his prime)

9 The Sensi

10 Tony Masters

Every fight, Steve will be at 100%

Fight takes place in a ring (UFC rules in effect)

marwash22
honestly, how does he even get past Elektra? i also think the ordering is a bit off.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by marwash22
honestly, how does he even get past Elektra? i also think the ordering is a bit off.

I fixed it.

Gecko4lif
Order still sucks

Silent Master
Without time to heal between fights, he goes down a lot sooner than he would normally, since he'll be facing fresh fighters in every round.

marwash22
He just may get killed (literally) @ Shiva.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Silent Master
Without time to heal between fights, he goes down a lot sooner than he would normally, since he'll be facing fresh fighters in every round.

To be fair, I'll give him a 15 to 30 minute break in between fights.

srankmissingnin
Equal bodies he gets 5.5-6/10 against Richard Dragon, but unless he has time to heal back to 100% he loses the majority to Shiva. If he is 100% for each bout he gets to DD, whos Radar sense gives him the edge in equal bodies.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Equal bodies he gets 5.5-6/10 against Richard Dragon, but unless he has time to heal back to 100% he loses the majority to Shiva. If he is 100% for each bout he gets to DD, whos Radar sense gives him the edge in equal bodies. Originally posted by Marvelknight

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Marvelknight

Not enough. He'll have worked his ass off to beat Dragon, and would need at least 24 hours to be 100% for the next match.

Silent Master
If this is meant to just be a test of his skill, why does the damage carry-over?

Q99
He stands a high chance of losing at each even at full. To be simple and just call it a 50/50 shot each match, his odds go 50/25/12.5/6.75/3.475, so under 4% chance of still being around after Bronze Tiger.

But in equal bodies, I think some of the early contestants have a small edge in skill, so it's not even that.

Then you get into the paltry break between matches. Steve Rogers after a fight with Richard Dragon is going to be badly beat up, and in no state to fight Lady Shiva unless she's equally beat up.

Marvelknight
If this is meant to just be a test of his skill, why does the damage carry-over?

Well now that a good point. The truth is it doesn't really have to. In fact that would suck for me. I'll make it's a 10 day tournament.

Silent Master
Actually, if this is a tournament, then everyone else also had to get past a fighter to make it to the next round. in which case they are likely to be just as injured as Cap.

Therefore he has a fair shot at winning.

Marvelknight
Actually, if this is a tournament, then everyone else also had to get past a fighter to make it to the next round. in which case they are likely to be just as injured as Cap.

Therefore he has a fair shot at winning.

No, because those are not the stipulations I set in place.

srankmissingnin
Current stips I think he stops at Daredevil.

marwash22
Current stips I think he stops at Daredevil. really?

It's highly debatable that Steve could beat Bruce with SSS, without it, i see no chance of him beating Bruce.

rotiart
Current stips I say he is lucky to make it past two but definitely stops at three. With only one day of rest in between... Yeah... A broken rib is still gonna be a broken rib.

Space M ummy

serious question, is there anyone that could reasonably run through a gauntlet like that and finish it? With the damage carry over, none of those people listed could do it either.

scramble that list, put anyone you want as the participant, and the result is the same. Whoever it is would be at 40 or 50% efficiency by the third or fourth fight, and get murdered halfway through.

Silent Master

You said it's a tournament, in order for Cap to face anyone in the 2nd round, Cap and the person he's fighting will have had to make it to the 2nd round. which means they both had to fight someone in the first round.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by marwash22
really?

It's highly debatable that Steve could beat Bruce with SSS, without it, i see no chance of him beating Bruce.

It's not debatable. Pure H2H Captain America takes Batman 10/10 with the SSS.

Marvelknight
You said it's a tournament, in order for Cap to face anyone in the 2nd round, Cap and the person he's fighting will have had to make it to the 2nd round. which means they both had to fight someone in the first round.

Well it's like when you play Street Fighter. You take one character and go through the list until the end.

Silent Master
Well it's like when you play Street Fighter. You take one character and go through the list until the end.

In Street Fighter, you start every fight at full health.

Marvelknight
It's not debatable. Pure H2H Captain America takes Batman 10/10 with the SSS.

no

marwash22
It's not debatable. Pure H2H Captain America takes Batman 10/10 with the SSS. i disagree.

Space M ummy

exactly. And it's notable that the AI (if you're playing the AI, that is) starts out ridiculously easy and scales up as you go through. only the last one or two fights are ever any serious competition.

THIS particular tournament everyone in it is a world class MA, and some are trained killers. There's some slight difference in skills, but there are no scrubs here. everyone would have to WORK against everyone else.

Prep-Man
With a concept borrowed from a fellow a KMC member.

Steve will have equals bodies with all participants i.e. no limitless stamina, enhance brain functions, strength, speed, agility, or accelerated healing etc.

All participants must wear martial arts attire and fighting gear (gloves, shin guards, mouth piece etc).
Steve must take on all in participants order.

All fighters have one week to train and prepare.

The participants are:

1 Richard Dragon

2 Sandra Wu-san

3 Cassandra Cain

4 Bronze Tiger

5 Bruce Wayne

6 Matt Murdock

7 Elektra (no telepathy)

8 Stick (in his prime)

9 The Sensi

10 Tony Masters

Fight takes place in a ring (UFC rules in effect)

I can definitely see RD taking Steve down. Or at the very least a even split.

Marvelknight
Steve Rogers has hands full here. It's kinda hard to say how far he'll make it. Every fight will take a lot out of him.

Marvelknight

I use part of, not the entire concept from the game.

Silent Master
I use part of, not the entire concept from the game.

There is nothing in Street Fight to suggest that the people you're facing hadn't faced fighters in earlier rounds.

iceman24567
Possibly stops at Dragon but no way is he getting past 2 without sufficient rest

Marvelknight
There is nothing in Street Fight to suggest that the people you're facing hadn't faced fighters in earlier rounds.

As I said PART of. Please read my post and try to understand what's saying. Before posting a reply.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by iceman24567
Possibly stops at Dragon but no way is he getting past 2 without sufficient rest

Well now that a good point. The truth is it doesn't really have to. In fact that would suck for me. I'll make it's a 10 day tournament.

Silent Master
As I said PART of. Please read my post and try to understand what's saying. Before posting a reply.

I understand that you said this was a tournament, that means everyone has beat a fighter in order to advance to the next stage.

iceman24567
Really stfu about the stipulation

srankmissingnin
Just make an executive decision and tell us if he is 100% at the beginning of each fight or not, because we really have no idea how to quantify how beneficial a day of rest will be.

Silent Master
Really stfu about the stipulation

He started this as a bait thread because of what was being said in the Bronze Tiger vs Steve thread.

If he wants to troll, why should I go easy on him?

iceman24567
He started this as a bait thread because of what was being said in the Bronze Tiger vs Steve thread.

If he wants to troll, why should I go easy on him? laughing You jerk

Silent Master
laughing You jerk

I know evil face

Prep-Man
Snake Eyes, is that you?

Badabing
3-7 is a bit hazy. To me they're all peers for Cap. shrug

tkitna
Steve clears it without any rest, no SSS, and taking them all on at the same time.

(Is the OP pulling his hair out yet? http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/laugh.gif)

Silent Master
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Snake Eyes, is that you?

Yes, I'm trying to avoid the spam matches I'd get involved in back on the other board, which is why I have Quan on ignore.

Originally posted by Badabing
3-7 is a bit hazy. To me they're all peers for Cap. shrug

Better than me, I don't even know who Sandra Wu-san is.

Prep-Man
Good. I enjoy your posts! I knew it was you, but had to make sure. Just ignore Quan. If everyone did that, the board would be a better place.

Silent Master
Yea...originally I started repeating my questions as it was the only way to get people like Drizzt and Jellyrobes to address my point. but that doesn't seem to work on the current crop of trolls, so the threads ended up being 3 pages of debate and then 20 pages of spam.

Marvelknight
Just make an executive decision and tell us if he is 100% at the beginning of each fight or not, because we really have no idea how to quantify how beneficial a day of rest will be.

That's fine. I think it will be better if he start off 100%.

If he wants to troll, why should I go easy on him?

Don't make assumptions. That's not the reason why I made this thread to bait people. Do you see me lowballing Steve in any way? No... I'm trying to make it fair for Steve.

iceman24567
Wusan is one of Lady Shivas names

Silent Master
Don't make assumptions. That's not the reason why I made this thread to bait people. Do you see me lowballing Steve in any way? No... I'm trying to make it fair for Steve.

Then what is the reason you made this thread to bait people?

Silent Master
Wusan is one of Lady Shivas names

Didn't know that.

Thanks.

Marvelknight
Then what is the reason you made this thread to bait people?

To get an evaluation on Steve's martial arts ability without other factors when compared with other great martial artist.

Silent Master
To get an evaluation on Steve's martial arts ability without other factors when compared with other great martial artist.

Other factors, like one side starting the fight with injuries that would hamper his performance?

Marvelknight
Other factors, like one side starting the fight with injuries that would hamper his performance?

I think it will be better if he start off 100%.

Mindset
It's a gauntlet

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Mindset
It's a gauntlet

Pretty much.

Silent Master

Which you didn't add until the 3rd page.

rotiart
Which you didn't add until the 3rd page.

thumb up

I don't think he remembers what he wrote in his op. Heck just look at his responses to other people.

Juk3n
Thread getting a lil de-railed. OP to busy trying to bait Cap fans. So to clarify.

1. Cap gets an equal body to that of his combatant.
2. He starts at full health each bout.

that about right? Good.

Good thing for Cap, alot of these guys have near on par agility /speed/reflexes/strength to Cap WITH SSS. So the fact that he's given a body only SLIGHTLY downgraded from his regular one (excl the stamina issue) isnt much of a hinderence. But then again, each body he fights with still has more than enough stamina for a point bout physical MA confrontation.

He wins this. all the way to the top. Or at least he has a chance.

If you mean all combatants get the same body (ie they all get the physical stats of..say..Nightwing) it goes the sameway, everyone on the field just took a downgrade, so he wouldn't be fighting the real versions of alot of these guys anyway, ie; NWs body doesnt have the speed of Elektra or cassie, NW's body isn't as agile or strong as DD. Not as resilient as Batman, and so on.

in short. Cap can win here.

Caps Conscience
SMH, this is a Cap hate thread in disguise.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by rotiart
thumb up

I don't think he remembers what he wrote in his op. Heck just look at his responses to other people.

Real funny. I rushed a little and didn't take into consideration that Steve is going to need to rest. That's why I made it so that each fight he would start off at 100%. I didn't want it to be unfair to him in any way.

Originally posted by Juk3n
Thread getting a lil de-railed. OP to busy trying to bait Cap fans.

I am a fan myself. I just don't over exaggerate him and completely underestimate another character in favor for Steve. If Steve can lose I can admit it. Same for any other character I like. Again this isn't a bait thread.

Originally posted by Caps Conscience
SMH, this is a Cap hate thread in disguise.

And another one.... Look, if I didn't give a damn about anyone's opinion. I wouldn't bother making any thread at all. I'm 26 years old. I'm not some little teenage boy trying to bait or hate on anyone. But if I see that one character is being lowballed and underestimated unfairly. I tend to get annoyed.

Silent Master
It took 3 pages of people poiting out your bias before you changed it. In fact you first changed it to 15-30 minutes between, then a day break before finally changing it to 3 days.

You basically said that the damage would carry over, so we know the point of this thread wasn't to determine his skill.

Steve Rogers has hands full here. It's kinda hard to say how far he'll make it. Every fight will take a lot out of him.

You even admitted that you started this as a bait thread

Marvelknight
It took 3 pages of people poiting out your bias before you changed it. In fact you first changed it to 15-30 minutes between, then a day break before finally changing it to 3 days.

You basically said that the damage would carry over, so we know the point of this thread wasn't to determine his skill.

You even admitted that you started this as a bait thread

LOOK I WILL NOT SAY THIS AGAIN. THIS GOES TO EVERYONE. EITHER DEBATE WITH RESPECT OR NOT AT ALL!!!!!.
LOOK, you @#$%ing #$%hole!! Do not come and tell me the reason why I made this thread. You do not know me from a hold in the wall. If I have to say this again there will be a big problem!

Caps Conscience
This is getting closed in 4, 3, 2.......

Silent Master
LOOK I WILL NOT SAY THIS AGAIN. THIS GOES TO EVERYONE. EITHER DEBATE WITH RESPECT OR NOT AT ALL!!!!!.
LOOK, you @#$%ing #$%hole!! Do not come and tell me the reason why I made this thread. You do not know me from a hold in the wall. If I have to say this again there will be a big problem!

I just quoted you admitting that you opened it to bait people.

Marvelknight
I just quoted you admitting that you opened it to bait people.

Can you read?!?! That's not what I said!! I have nothing to say to you..... mad

Silent Master
Can you read?!?! That's not what I said!! I have nothing to say to you..... mad

Again, you admitted to starting this thread to bait people, you merely said that I was wrong about what prompted you to post this bait thread.

Badabing
Why are people starting up? If some of you dislike the thread I have a solution. Don't post.

If some of you don't like the order then list who Steve will beat.

There's no need to accuse people of baiting and then follow up with antagonism and bashing.

Pr and I have held off giving out mass warnings, but our patience running out.

The Pict

Is that really gonna help?

Reckon he goes down to Shiva if that's the case.

And if he could take her he can't recover in time for Cassie.

Doesn't pass 3, but most likely stops at 2.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by The Pict
Is that really gonna help?

Reckon he goes down to Shiva if that's the case.

And if he could take her he can't recover in time for Cassie.

Doesn't pass 3, but most likely stops at 2.

He start off 100%.

Every fight, he will be 100%. And it doesn't stop if he loses to someone i.e. he will move to the next figter even if he lost to the one before.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Badabing
Why are people starting up? If some of you dislike the thread I have a solution. Don't post.

If some of you don't like the order then list who Steve will beat.

There's no need to accuse people of baiting and then follow up with antagonism and bashing.

Pr and I have held off giving out mass warnings, but our patience running out.

Thank you for that, I really appreciate it.

Mindset
Stops at 8 maybe.

Silent Master
With equal bodies and starting each fight at full health, Cap has a decent chance of clearing it.

-Pr-
edited the OP.

StiltmanFTW
This Marvelknight bashing and Cap wanking are retarded, pertiod.

Maybe I missed some posts, but c'mon, what is this?!

AlmightyKfish
He's not getting past Batman, and if he somehow does, he's screwed against Daredevil, seeing as he has absolutely no experience fighting in a body that's blind but has a radar sense as well. It's likely he'd just stumble in Matt's fists.

tkitna
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
He's not getting past Batman, and if he somehow does, he's screwed against Daredevil, seeing as he has absolutely no experience fighting in a body that's blind but has a radar sense as well. It's likely he'd just stumble in Matt's fists.

Without the SSS I think Bats and Cap are a 50/50 split. Lets say Cap moves on to DD, he still has his fighting ability but without the stamina and strength right? If so, i'm not sure how you can say what you did. Even Spiderman said his Spidey sense is almost useless against Steve because he fights with instinct. I think he would fair well against Matt.

If the i'm not certain about the stipulations to this fight, I apologize. I didnt go back and read the whole thread again and I know its changed several times already.

Konton
Equal bodies? So it's just pure skill vs skill.

Shiva wins.

OneDumbG0
First thing I thought of when reading the op was Steve Rogers turns into a chick several times...

... Freudian slip?

Marvelknight
I've been thinking about each outcome, and it's very hard to say. Because Steve will be very hard pressed to win. Each and every one of these master martial artist are some of the very best around. Granted he'll be at 100% starting each fight.

Dragon could be 5/10 split, same with Shiva.

I truly believe Steve can defeat Cassandra after long fight 7/10.

Steve vs. Bronze Tiger... Here's another tough one. But after a 2 hour long fight, I'm leaning toward Bronze Tiger 6/10.

Against Batman, this fight will be the same as the one above. Also I give Bruce the nod in overall martial arts ability, but slightly. Only because Bruce has trained longer and has put greater effort in the mastery of martial arts. This I'll say Batman 6/10.

I'm leaning towards Steve against Daredevil 6/10

Against Elektra, I'll say 5/10 split.

I'm leaning towards Stick (in his prime) 6/10.

Against The Sensi, I'm gonna have to go with Sensi 7/10

Steve vs. Taskmaster, I'm leaning towards Steve. Though it could be 5/10 split.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by tkitna
Without the SSS I think Bats and Cap are a 50/50 split. Lets say Cap moves on to DD, he still has his fighting ability but without the stamina and strength right? If so, i'm not sure how you can say what you did. Even Spiderman said his Spidey sense is almost useless against Steve because he fights with instinct. I think he would fair well against Matt.

If the i'm not certain about the stipulations to this fight, I apologize. I didnt go back and read the whole thread again and I know its changed several times already.

I assumed by equal bodies, Steve would be in an exact replica of matt's body?

Thus he has no sight, and is pretty much useless...

If it's just bodies that are equal is speed/strength etc, Matt still has the edge, but it's less of a stomp by far.

Although tbf, Shiva is going to be a pretty hard fight for Cap...

AlmightyKfish
I've been thinking about each outcome, and it's very hard to say. Because Steve will be very hard pressed to win. Each and every one of these master martial artist are some of the very best around. Granted he'll be at 100% starting each fight.

Dragon could be 5/10 split, same with Shiva.

I truly believe Steve can defeat Cassandra after long fight 7/10.

Steve vs. Bronze Tiger... Here's another tough one. But after a 2 hour long fight, I'm leaning toward Bronze Tiger 6/10.

Against Batman, this fight will be the same as the one above. Also I give Bruce the nod in overall martial arts ability, but slightly. Only because Bruce has trained longer and has put greater effort in the mastery of martial arts. This I'll say Batman 6/10.

I'm leaning towards Steve against Daredevil 6/10

Against Elektra, I'll say 5/10 split.

I'm leaning towards Stick (in his prime) 6/10.

Against The Sensi, I'm gonna have to go with Sensi 7/10

Steve vs. Taskmaster, I'm leaning towards Steve. Though it could be 5/10 split.

Without the SSS, Elektra, Stick and Taskmaster are going to stomp Steve. Don't really know anything about The Sensi so I can't judge...

tkitna
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I assumed by equal bodies, Steve would be in an exact replica of matt's body?

Thus he has no sight, and is pretty much useless...

Eh, I see. Yeah, that changes everything. Matt would destroy him then.

Silent Master
Wouldn't the opponents keeping their normal bodies give them an advantage?

I thought the "purpose" of this thread was to compare skill.

Marvelknight
Wouldn't the opponents keeping their normal bodies give them an advantage?

I thought the "purpose" of this thread was to compare skill.

Yes it is a test of skill. But I won't have Steve be blind when fighting Daredevil though.

Black bolt z
Steve clears it.

BlackZero30x
he's destroyed at 5.....shifty

Lord KMC
You're missing Danny and Val who are the 2 greatest martial artists in comic history erm

Anyways, Steve stops at Matt.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Lord KMC
You're missing Danny and Val who are the 2 greatest martial artists in comic history erm

Anyways, Steve stops at Matt. erm

Lord KMC
Originally posted by Black bolt z
erm
huh

AlmightyKfish
Steve clears it.

Even if he managed to get past Batman/Daredevil, there's no way Steve is taking Elektra w/o the SSS.

Lord_Talron
steve loses the matches where he gets comic book sized boobs.

Lord KMC
BUMP.

Black bolt z
huh facepalm

Lord KMC
facepalm
facepalm

Marvelknight

Anyways, Steve stops at Matt.

I didn't care to add them that's all really. Maybe in another thread I will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.