Thanos runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
1. Superman
2. Superman, Maxima, Orion
3. Doomsday (Current)
4. Current Darkseid
5. Sodam Yat Ion
6. Superboy Prime
7. Pre-Crisis Darkseid
8. Odin (no spear)

1 week between each fight, and he knows who he's going up against the next week, and their weaknesses, but doesn't get any tech. He also chooses the battlefield in each seperate fight. His opponents don't know who they are fighting until the last minute, and have no prior knowledge of him or how powerful he is.

carver9
He stops at precrisis darkseid.

quanchi112
Clears it.

Sirius77
Stops at 6 or 7.

iceman24567
Stops at 6

Bentley
Originally posted by iceman24567
Stops at 6

Utrigita
Originally posted by Sirius77
Stops at 6 or 7.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Sirius77
Stops at 6 or 7.

Ditto.

Gecko4lif
does current darkseid not have the OE?

The Dark Cloud
He's not beating Odin

There is no such thing as Pre Crisis Darkseid. Darkseid was able to shield Apokolips from the crisis
Darkseid is the same now as then

keiththegreat
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
He's not beating Odin

There is no such thing as Pre Crisis Darkseid. Darkseid was able to shield Apokolips from the crisis
Darkseid is the same now as then

nevertheless, their power levels are far different. no one can deny that.

Solidus Black
Darkseid

TheTyrant
Is Darkseid currently alive? Or is Thanos fighting a dead man?

KuRuPT Thanosi
There is no Pre-Crisis DS.. DS is the same DS. Furthermore, there is no way SBP beats Thanos.. Even in a random setting I believe Thanos wins.. You give him ONE WEEK and HE KNOWS these guys weaknesses it's gave over for Prime. Thanos just has the fight take place in a Red sun. DS... Thanos goes on a mission for a week finding Radion. Game over. As for Odin... he might stop there but you give Thanos a week to prepare... he could very well find a way. Stops at Odin or clears it.

iceman24567
Prime would beat a techless Thanos like he was his pimp and as long as Prime has his solar suit he should be good even in a red son.

TheGame17
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
There is no Pre-Crisis DS.. DS is the same DS. Furthermore, there is no way SBP beats Thanos.. Even in a random setting I believe Thanos wins.. You give him ONE WEEK and HE KNOWS these guys weaknesses it's gave over for Prime. Thanos just has the fight take place in a Red sun. DS... Thanos goes on a mission for a week finding Radion. Game over. As for Odin... he might stop there but you give Thanos a week to prepare... he could very well find a way. Stops at Odin or clears it.

You must admit that the power levels are vastly different when comparing Darkseid before and after the crisis...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by iceman24567
Prime would beat a techless Thanos like he was his pimp and as long as Prime has his solar suit he should be good even in a red son.

Huh? Thanos imo beats Prime without a week prep and choosing the site... You give Thanos one week to figure out a plan to beat Prime AND choose where the battle takes place... Game over with ease

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TheGame17
You must admit that the power levels are vastly different when comparing Darkseid before and after the crisis...

I do agree, his levels do seem lower. However, there was no crisis for DS.. so all we can say then, is those were high showings and now we see a medium..

TheGame17
I do agree, his levels do seem lower. However, there was no crisis for DS.. so all we can say then, is those were high showings and now we see a medium..

That's reasonable.
So, imo, based on Darkseid's feats and portrayal before the crisis, I say he stops Thanos...

iceman24567
Huh? Thanos imo beats Prime without a week prep and choosing the site... You give Thanos one week to figure out a plan to beat Prime AND choose where the battle takes place... Game over with ease Thats where we differ I give Prime the win over Thanos in a random encounter.Here he doesnt have his tech and unless he can get his suit off it doesnt matter where they fight

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where do it say he has his suit?

Black bolt z
So thanos gets a week prep?

He would probably beat Odin but since its out of order he stops at 6. He isn't beating PC DS.

And before someone says there is no PC DS it doesn't matter. Canonically they are the same but there is obviously a power difference.

TheTyrant
What has classic Darkseid done to make him more powerful than Thanos or Odin?

iceman24567
I would say its standard gear now he didnt have it during one of his Superboy appearances so I consider it standard. Had it during Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Wars and Losh his first appearances was the only time he didnt have a suit as Superboy

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TheTyrant
What has classic Darkseid done to make him more powerful than Thanos or Odin? Tanked punches from Lobo and then one shotted him which IIRC was beating up PC supes.

-Pr-
Pre Crisis Darkseid means pre crisis feats only.

Stops at 6/7.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Tanked punches from Lobo

I don't think that happened before CoIE. And it was just one punch.

Black bolt z
I don't think that happened before CoIE. And it was just one punch. If it wasn't before then it only makes it a better feat. ANd still he lobo hurt his hand and he was beating up PC supes(at least I think it was PC).

TheTyrant
It doesn't matter if it makes it a better feat or not. What matters is the date it happened.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Pre Crisis Darkseid means pre crisis feats only.

Listen to the mod, BBZ.

Black bolt z
It doesn't matter if it makes it a better feat or not. What matters is the date it happened.

Listen to the mod, BBZ. Ok. Was it PC DS or not?

TheTyrant
I think it happened after the Crisis, but I'm not really sure.

Black bolt z
I think it happened after the Crisis, but I'm not really sure. I thought Galan refernced it as pre-crisis and (no offense) i'd trust him more then you (or just about anyone on here).

TheTyrant
I... I'm... *breaks down and starts to cry* I'm huuuurtt.

But seriously, if Galan said it, then it's true 99% of the time.

Black bolt z
I... I'm... *breaks down and starts to cry* I'm huuuurtt.

But seriously, if Galan said it, then it's true 99% of the time. I don't remember what thread it was from...so...

TheTyrant
Anyway, beating PC Lobo still doesn't make him more powerful than Odin or Thanos.

Silent Master
Anyway, beating PC Lobo still doesn't make him more powerful than Odin or Thanos.

I think you meant "Anyway, beating PC Lobo still doesn't make him more powerful than Thanos or the far more powerful Odin."

Black bolt z
Anyway, beating PC Lobo still doesn't make him more powerful than Odin or Thanos. One shotting lobo who was beating up PC supes. Even if his showings do fluctuate.

And i'm not sure hes more powerful then Odin but he certainly is more powerful then thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The best u could do was him one shotting PC Lobo... fail

Sirius77
Prime or PC ds are enough. PC ds more so.

Black bolt z
The best u could do was him one shotting PC Lobo... fail Thats just one.

PillarofOsiris
Under normal circumstances, I'd say he stops at 2. But given the conditions of the fight, he probably stops at 4.

Lord KMC
Oi Keith, Superboy-Prime should be last on that list; Odin is #7, PC Darkseid is #6 and current Darkseid and Doomsday also need to be inverted.

On topic: He stops at Ion.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Lord KMC
Oi Keith, Superboy-Prime should be last on that list;

I would probably agree with you, but if you look at the conditions, Thanos can pick his battlefield and has prior knowledge of weaknesses. So Thanos can choose to fight near a red star, or something even worse for SBP.

Lord KMC
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I would probably agree with you, but if you look at the conditions, Thanos can pick his battlefield and has prior knowledge of weaknesses. So Thanos can choose to fight near a red star, or something even worse for SBP.
Eh.

Color me weird but I think it's kinda retarded allowing "prep time" to a guy that took over the MU.

I'm just sayin' mate cool

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos clears it with ease.

TitoSanchez
Originally posted by keiththegreat
1. Superman
2. Superman, Maxima, Orion
3. Doomsday (Current)
4. Current Darkseid
5. Sodam Yat Ion
6. Superboy Prime
7. Pre-Crisis Darkseid
8. Odin (no spear)

1 week between each fight, and he knows who he's going up against the next week, and their weaknesses, but doesn't get any tech. He also chooses the battlefield in each seperate fight. His opponents don't know who they are fighting until the last minute, and have no prior knowledge of him or how powerful he is.
Number 2 stops him dead in his tracks. He def wont' get past 3 or 4.

KuRuPT Thanosi
THis must be a complete joke Tito. You honestly believe Superman, Maxima and Orion would be anything more than a joke to Thanos? Even without a week prep who he would tool them with ease. Give Thanos one week and knowing each opponents weakness but them not know a thing about him... Game over.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TitoSanchez
Number 2 stops him dead in his tracks. He def wont' get past 3 or 4. Explain how he won't get past two. Please. He'd probably beat them without a week prep.

superbatman86
Explain how he won't get past two. Please. He'd probably beat them without a week prep. Superman and Maxima?Yea.Orion?Hell no,not when he has a mother box.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by superbatman86
Superman and Maxima?Yea.Orion?Hell no,not when he has a mother box. Why not?

superbatman86
Why not? Mother box's are plot device being a literal deus ex mechanica they can do pretty much anything.

Black bolt z
Mother box's are plot device being a literal deus ex mechanica they can do pretty much anything. So can thanos with a week prep.

Please create a scenario for me.

superbatman86
So can thanos with a week prep.

Please create a scenario for me. Well for one they can teleport them back to New genesis where Orion is much much stronger,Time travel and port Supes into a sun for how everlong it takes.Thats off the top of my head let find some more stuff it can do.

TheLordofMurder
Stops dead at 2...

Mother Box is the High Joker here; the hero's at 2 all die if it was just them, but Orion has Mother Box and that dam thing can come up with just about anything...

Mother Box came up with a solution for permanently getting rid of H/P Doomsday for heavens sake; that solution (taking their opponent to the end of time) would get rid of Thanos as well...

TheLordofMurder
The more I think about it, though, Thanos (since he does have a week prep and knowledge of his enemies, but no tech) has a chance against #2...but he has to take out Mother Box immediately.

Him doing this is not a certainty, but is possible; if he can take out Mother Box before it can work its magic, then Thanos beats this team down and makes it to 4...

But if Thanos cant get to Mother Box in a timely fashion, then this team will definitely beat him...

I'd give the team 6/10 odds against Thanos in this senario...

Black bolt z
Well for one they can teleport them back to New genesis where Orion is much much stronger,Time travel and port Supes into a sun for how everlong it takes.Thats off the top of my head let find some more stuff it can do. Either of those would be leaving the battlefield and be a self BFR.

And since thanos gets to choose the battlefield he would choose a red sun where supes is useless. Orion can't go to new genesis without self BFR. Thanos could easily beat Orion and Maxima.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.