Team Surfer vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Captain Marvel, Terrax, Morg vs Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl (Kara Zor-el) aquaman, flash, batman, green lantern, martian manhunter, green arrow, plastic man, captain atom, big barda, hawkman, hawkgirl. Fight to the death. Takes place on a planet 2 times the size of earth, no BFR.

carver9
Team 1 stomps... no one can take on gladiator or surfer on the opposing team and I would give beta ray the majority against all of them.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Team 1 stomps... no one can take on gladiator or surfer on the opposing team and I would give beta ray the majority against all of them. superman and gladiator would be pretty close...

MrMind
JLA wins.
there's like 5 or 6 non factors in JLA team, but mar-vell and terrax are weak links in surfer's team. superman could beat gladiator, green lantern and flash could take on surfer, martian manhunter and WW could take down BRB. captain atom can beat morg. big birda, supergirl and the rest could take down mar-vell and terrax

MrMind
gladiator isn't on sup level whatsoever, the best glad feat is destroying a planet with multiple punches, planet destroying feats alone superman has done for at least 3 or 4 times. superman has way better feats than gladiator
bottom line : superman won't lost to gambit or cannonball

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
gladiator isn't on sup level whatsoever, the best glad feat is destroying a planet with multiple punches, planet destroying feats alone superman has done for at least 3 or 4 times. superman has way better feats than gladiator
bottom line : superman won't lost to gambit or cannonball

Naah, you got it all wrong buddy. The best glads feats are being hit in the face by a solar system destroying blast and not even feeling it. Then he proceeded atcontaining this same blast (CONTAINED IT). He has also flown 100 times the speed of light... busted a planet open with his fist, swam through a star 1 millionsth miles wide without a scratch... one shotting binary... defeated the entire nova corps, snapped hyperions neck while fighting at nano seconds speed, defeated thor once on panel, stalemated surfer, beat up on ego and actually had the advantage... was about to punch cannonball from the earth to the core of the sun, defeated some of the most powerful alien race by himself that consisted of some skrulls that had powers from earth mightiest heros and he still proceeded at one shotting them. His cells made a thanos clone 4 times more stronger than the original thanos. He also walked through nova, was putting a beat down on masterson... he took the most hits from tyrant while others was being one shotted and the one shotters were surfer, bill, etc. He has moved planets, moved an asteroid that was big enough to block a star lane... lifted up an computer with ease that had the weight of a mountain. Has been stated on numerous of occasions as having unimited strength... he has flown from one side of the universe to new york in seconds, before cyclops completed a sentence... one handed the baxter building... etc, etc.

Damborgson
Naah, you got it all wrong buddy. The best glads feats are being hit in the face by a solar system destroying blast and not even feeling it. Then he proceeded atcontaining this same blast (CONTAINED IT). He has also flown 100 times the speed of light... busted a planet open with his fist, swam through a star 1 millionsth miles wide without a scratch... one shotting binary... defeated the entire nova corps, snapped hyperions neck while fighting at nano seconds speed, defeated thor once on panel, stalemated surfer, beat up on ego and actually had the advantage... was about to punch cannonball from the earth to the core of the sun, defeated some of the most powerful alien race by himself that consisted of some skrulls that had powers from earth mightiest heros and he still proceeded at one shotting them. His cells made a thanos clone 4 times more stronger than the original thanos. He also walked through nova, was putting a beat down on masterson... he took the most hits from tyrant while others was being one shotted and the one shotters were surfer, bill, etc. He has moved planets, moved an asteroid that was big enough to block a star lane... lifted up an computer with ease that had the weight of a mountain. Has been stated on numerous of occasions as having unimited strength... he has flown from one side of the universe to new york in seconds, before cyclops completed a sentence... one handed the baxter building... etc, etc. u have the scans where gladiator snaps hyperions neck? thatd be cool. smile

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
u have the scans where gladiator snaps hyperions neck? thatd be cool. smile

http://img457.imageshack.us/i/gladiatorvshyperion063ae.jpg/

There ya go.

MrMind
Naah, you got it all wrong buddy. The best glads feats are being hit in the face by a solar system destroying blast and not even feeling it.
Then he proceeded atcontaining this same blast (CONTAINED IT).

never saw that feat before, any way superman held a black hole in his hand. so that got your's beat.
hyperspace

that was the feat I was talking about. superman was stated that him trading blows with zod shattered the planet. and superman has shown to be able to destroy planets in multiple occasions.

swam through a star? be more specific

yeah superman blitze imperiex probe, took on daxamites, darkseid, mongul, orion etc tec
I don't know which instance you are talking about, but I only saw gladiator fought hyperion evenly for the whole damn book. gladiator also got owned by hulk before. and superman move beyond light speed and escaped black hole, he has nano second speed also. superman also raced a speeding photon
he also lost to thor before I believe. and don't know about the ego.
skrulls, cannonball, do you really thinks superman would have trouble with that?

superman is strong enough to move part of the earth, survive from planets exploding, and superman has beaten darkseid before.

superman has took on despero. really you think beat down thunderstrike is a good feat? rhino has done that to masterson junior.

care to adress on that

what's the size of the planet? and superman has destroyed asteroid with heat vision before. superman also held half of a book with infinite pages that weight infinity

pfft, superman move planet three times.

that means nothing. hyperbole, superman has been said to be the strongest in the world

one side of universe? how far away then?

lol he struggled lifting baxter building, I can name 20 strength feats from superman to truimph that
everything gladiator has done, superman could do it better without low showing like losing to gambit, Corsair, cannonball etc
sidenote: you could just link me the gladiator respect thread instead of naming these feats.

carver9
never saw that feat before, any way superman held a black hole in his hand. so that got your's beat.
hyperspace

that was the feat I was talking about. superman was stated that him trading blows with zod shattered the planet. and superman has shown to be able to destroy planets in multiple occasions.

swam through a star? be more specific

yeah superman blitze imperiex probe, took on daxamites, darkseid, mongul, orion etc tec
I don't know which instance you are talking about, but I only saw gladiator fought hyperion evenly for the whole damn book. gladiator also got owned by hulk before. and superman move beyond light speed and escaped black hole, he has nano second speed also. superman also raced a speeding photon
he also lost to thor before I believe. and don't know about the ego.
skrulls, cannonball, do you really thinks superman would have trouble with that?

superman is strong enough to move part of the earth, survive from planets exploding, and superman has beaten darkseid before.

superman has took on despero. really you think beat down thunderstrike is a good feat? rhino has done that to masterson junior.

care to adress on that

what's the size of the planet? and superman has destroyed asteroid with heat vision before. superman also held half of a book with infinite pages that weight infinity

pfft, superman move planet three times.

that means nothing. hyperbole, superman has been said to be the strongest in the world

one side of universe? how far away then?

lol he struggled lifting baxter building, I can name 20 strength feats from superman to truimph that
everything gladiator has done, superman could do it better without low showing like losing to gambit, Corsair, cannonball etc
sidenote: you could just link me the respect thread instead of naming these feats.

Lol at this post.

The black hole superman held was contained. The containment field was ruptured and slowly disentegrating until the containment field was fixed. Superman didn't hold a black hole but he did hold a contained black hole.

Superman never soloed a planet by himself. Him and wondy along with the martian moved a moon... him and a gl moved a planet and he also moved it again with the aid of wondy and martian again.

Lol... the only reason zod and superman punches was destroying the planet was due to the fact that they were connected to the planet. Any type of damage done to supes or zod took effect on the planet. That feat had NOTHING to do with physical strength.

Imperiex probes? Black lightning took out an impriex probe. Wonder woman mother took out two imperex probes, aquaman took out a probe. Gladiator would take out a probe as well. I don't understand your post on who he fought, I never said that he was weak.

Superman has never raced a photon but he did state that he could.

I brought up cannonball not because cannonball is powerful but the fact that he was going to get punched freom the earth to the core of the sun.

Gladiator never fought thunderstrike, he fought masterson.

So superman can destroy a planet with his fist? Prove it.

How about contain a solar system blast, can he do that? How about having an on pane statement of flying 100 times he speed of light? How about a high 100 tonner flying straight to his chest bouncing off due to glads durability, has that happened. How about shooting cosmic energy from his chest and his entire body, can supes do that?

carver9
Learn your feats before mentioning them.

chomperx9
Gladiator >>> Superman in Strength and Speed. Reed already admitted that Gladiator's velocity is 100 times the speed of light

iceman24567
Jla win

D_Dude1210
carver just schooled mrMind... O_O

celeyhyga17

the ninjak
Carver kickin ass and takin names.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by the ninjak
Carver kickin ass and takin names.

MrMind

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
Carver kickin ass and takin names. Carver's finally had enough. Carver isn't holding back anymore. The world is on notice.

Sirius77
Jla

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Btw.. When did he beat all of Nova Corps?? >:/

You know when this was. :-/

MrMind
Lol at this post.

The black hole superman held was contained. The containment field was ruptured and slowly disentegrating until the containment field was fixed. Superman didn't hold a black hole but he did hold a contained black hole.

what's your point? so what green lantern helped a little. gladiator could never have strength to do that. the dude struggle lifting the baxter building

him wondy and martian along move the earth, him and wondy move the moon, get your fact straight
he alone with green lantern construct move the earth to the sun at high speed. so that's a soloed lifting feat.

punching shattering planet has nothing to do with physical strength? you serious? now these are just some scans of superman destroying planet feats, there are more
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5476/superman1zh.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6026/superman3f.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6509/superman2t.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7678/superman4.jpg

no you implied gladiator is more powerful than superman which is not the case, gladiator got owned by cannonball, hulk, gambit. he couldn't even took down fantastic four deathbird or captain america. since you are a gladiator fanboy I think you might known very well of his low-showing feats.

so? that was long time ago, I forgot some of the detail. but the fact that superman (writer) stated he could means he could.

cough
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6196/cannonball.jpg

there's another masterson other than thunderstrike father and son?

gladiator destroyed an old unstable planet with no detail of size with his fist. superman destroyed planets before, but most of the time not with his fists

yeah superman escaped black hole

how about travel speed in hyperspace means sh#t in battle and gladiator has never ever shown that kind speed in battle. how about him getting own by gambit, you want a scan of that?

how about superman punch lobo to the orbit? how about split a moon in half. how about gladiator having trouble with colossus

yeah superman lifted half of spectre and infinity book, both weight infinity, with superman strength, gladiator's durability means nothing

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
carver just schooled mrMind... O_O

get real, fanboy, your man just got owned

D_Dude1210
Sorry Carver, I know you want to own this kid yourself some more, but this is too easy. :P

punching shattering planet has nothing to do with physical strength? you serious? now these are just some scans of superman destroying planet feats, there are more

Context is important when debating whether a feat is usable in a debate in order to establish power levels. You mentioned that Superman can destroy planets, yet the example you presented is rife with context due to plot (they were linked to the planet and any damage they sustained manifested in the form of damage to the planet as well) and is thus a very poor example of you trying to show that Superman can indeed destroy a planet himself.

How can you not see this?

Let's see now:
-hyperbolic personal statements =/= proof. He also said "If I pound away on something LONG ENOUGH..." w/c can be argued that it means that he's implying that breaking a planet will take time.
-moon + Plot device (IMP) + he also KOd himself doing it.
-moon
-Carver already debunked this example.

You suck at this, I think you need a little practice, kid. stick out tongue

Fanboy? How am I a fanboy?? O_O All I said was something everyone here agrees with, other than yourself.

Also, I think you're owning YOURSELF in this debate. Stop now before Carver humiliates you further.

MrMind
Sorry Carver, I know you want to own this kid yourself some more, but this is too easy. :P

Context is important when debating whether a feat is usable in a debate in order to establish power levels. You mentioned that Superman can destroy planets, yet the example you presented is rife with context due to plot (they were linked to the planet and any damage they sustained manifested in the form of damage to the planet as well) and is thus a very poor example of you trying to show that Superman can indeed destroy a planet himself.

How can you not see this?

superman destroyed moon twice, and he stated he could destroy planet, also he destroyed planet in the fight with zod. it's poor example that fanboy like you want to use gladiator PIS destroying planet feat to measure his normal level. normal level gladiator got owned by hulk, beaten hyperion with extreme difficulty, got owned by freaking gambit or cannonball. can't even take down cap, fantastic four, Corsair. can't save his teamates from vulcan. and you're only using the planet destroying feats? what about all the planetary feats superman had? did you just completely ignored that?

dude how the hell would you know that planet gladiator destroyed > moon? seriously, gladiator had trouble lifting baxter building, from what we know it might be a very small planet. and it was stated that the planet's old. it's an unstable planet and gladiator took multiple punches on it.

I think you need to get off people's d#ck and actually have your own arguements why gladiator would beat superman.

everyone here agrees gladiator could beat superman? WTF? there's at least 3 people in this thread said JLA wins. and like 3 or 4 people on your side. and what is this a popularity contest? the side got more votes win? get real, fanboy, seriously. kmc is a massive marvel bias site with lots of superman hating. of course you got tons of people backing gladiator, but that doesn't mean gladiator can win. you can go to any other comics site like comicvine to ask people who wins between the two. the majority goes to superman. every single credible person would agree superman beats the crap out of gladiator.
superman has better feats, and without the gladiator jobbing feats. superman is everything gladiator is and everything gladiator want to be.

D_Dude1210
superman destroyed moon twice,

So, you retract your statement that he's destroyed planets multiple times?

Lol. Concession accepted.

and he stated he could destroy planet,

Gladiator's been stated to collapse stars with his fists. Hyperbolic statements ARE NOT considered evidence.

Take notes pls, you might wanna keep this in mind, the next time you debate.

also he destroyed planet in the fight with zod.

ALREADY DEBUNKED. Pls stop beating on this dead horse.

it's poor example that fanboy like you want to use gladiator PIS destroying planet feat to measure his normal level.

There you go again with the word "fanboy". I didn't come here supporting Glads. I merely pointed out your obvious logical flaws. That's not fanboyism, that's being a debater.

A fanboy, is someone who insists on an outcome of a character he favors while providing poor proof and poor logic.

Kinda like what you did.

normal level gladiator got owned by hulk, beaten hyperion with extreme difficulty, got owned by freaking gambit or cannonball can't even take down cap, fantastic four, Corsair.

Sigh. Pointless gibberish as I was never arguing in behalf of Gladiator in the first place. Just pointing out logical flaws.

can't save his teamates from vulcan.

You DO know that he owned Vulcan in that fight, right?

and you're only using the planet destroying feats?

You're the one who mentioned Superman could destroy planets. The only one here who's been provided proof of planet smashing has been Gladiator.

Where is your proof?

what about all the planetary feats superman had? did you just completely ignored that?

Such as?

dude how the hell would you know that planet gladiator destroyed > moon?

YOU'RE the one who said:

and superman has shown to be able to destroy planets in multiple occasions.

Which is not true. I merely said you were wrong. Pls don't ASSUME that someone is in support of a character or another simply because he pointed out how much you fail in your examples.

seriously, gladiator had trouble lifting baxter building, from what we know it might be a very small planet. and it was stated that the planet's old. it's an unstable planet and gladiator took multiple punches on it.

Lowballing is what fanboys do, fyi.

I think you need to get off people's d#ck and actually have your own arguements why gladiator would beat superman.

Pls Pls Pls point out where I said: "Gladiator beats Superman" in this debate.

Again, just because someone points out how bad you are at debating, doesn't mean he supports any character whatsoever.

He might just think you're debating poorly.

You might wanna keep that in mind as well. Keep taking notes pls.

everyone here agrees gladiator could beat superman?

No. Everyone agrees that you got owned.

Comprehension FAIL right there.

Still taking notes, son?

WTF? there's at least 3 people in this thread said JLA wins. and like 3 or 4 people on your side. and what is this a popularity contest? the side got more votes win? get real, fanboy, seriously. kmc is a massive marvel bias site with lots of superman hating. of course you got tons of people backing gladiator, but that doesn't mean gladiator can win. you can go to any other comics site like comicvine to ask people who wins between the two. the majority goes to superman. every single credible person would agree superman beats the crap out of gladiator.
superman has better feats, and without the gladiator jobbing feats. superman is everything gladiator is and everything gladiator want to be.

Pointless gibberish as you seem to have a poor grasp of what my point was.

Pls come back when you've had a bit more practice debating....

dmills
Lots of ownage going on in here lol! Keep this thread going!

Edit: Carver if you say Glads walked through Nova or tooled the entire Nova Corps one more time I'm coming for ya stick out tongue

Damborgson
Originally posted by dmills

Edit: Carver if you say Glads walked through Nova or tooled the entire Nova Corps one more time I'm coming for ya stick out tongue Thi is starting to get good. big grin

MrMind
So, you retract your statement that he's destroyed planets multiple times?

Lol. Concession accepted.
He destroyed planet in the fight with zod. no matter the circumstances that's a planet . and the planet gladiator destroyed is probably smarller than a moon anyway.

then I guess the 100 speed of light when entering hyperspace from reed richards isn't evidence either

stop being a loser and have an actual arguement

you agree with carver, carver thinks gladiator has better feats. I don't think so. so make up your mind who would win a fight between the two.

you haven't provide any proof here.

and you're just trolling

what logic flaws? come again? didn't superman and zod trading blows making the planet shattered?

I do know that. and almost half his teamates got killed by vulcan

um, the f#cking scan of superman and zod?

um moving earth twice?

I'm not low-balling, gladiator had trouble with all these low-level characters, it's not even PIS anymore, he's just not that good.

I know your point. and just so you know my point is you are a kiss @ss who really want gladiator to win but are too much of a p#ssy to say it

paisapower
Superman didnt just destroy the moon, he destroyed the moon travellinig at close to 6 million mph. He equalled its force. If anybody can do the math,Im sure its way more than Earth size destroying force.

Earth two was destroyed as a side effect of both supermen punching each other.

D_Dude1210
He destroyed planet in the fight with zod. no matter the circumstances that's a planet . and the planet gladiator destroyed is probably smarller than a moon anyway.

Lol. So you're saying CONTEXT and CIRCUMSTANCES shouldn't be considered when making an argument? Such fail and desperate "logic"....

With that kind of logic, I can say that Surfer defeated TWO HIGH ABSTRACTS by himself.

See how that works out for you?

then I guess the 100 speed of light when entering hyperspace from reed richards isn't evidence either

Sure, why not? I didn't present that as evidence anyway. stick out tongue

stop being a loser and have an actual arguement

Lol. That's funny coming from you...

you agree with carver, carver thinks gladiator has better feats. I don't think so. so make up your mind who would win a fight between the two.

Agreeing with someone isn't siding with a specific character. I just think he made a better presentation of his facts and called you out on your failure with yours. That DOES NOT equate to me siding with Gladiator, however.

You might want to learn to distinguish between the two.

Again, keep that notebook handy, you'll learn a thing or two here about debating.

you haven't provide any proof here.

Of the failure of your argument? I don't have to. Just have to point out where your argument fails.

W/c I've done quite successfully.

and you're just trolling

Nope, I'm not. I guess the truth just hurts you too much... :-/

what logic flaws? come again? didn't superman and zod trading blows making the planet shattered?

See above.

I do know that. and almost half his teamates got killed by vulcan

W/c only proves that his teammates suck and not him.

um, the f#cking scan of superman and zod?

Context debunks your argument. Superman didn't destroy the planet in the way you imply it to be, him, zod and a plot device did.

Trying to mislead ppl thru your statements is a poor debating ploy. H1 is that you?

It's like saying you can smash buildings with your bare hands just cuz you pushed the button to the detonator that brought the building down. Misleading and poor debating form.

um moving earth twice?

With help. And how does being able to pull a planet with help equate to combat feats? :-/

I'm not low-balling, gladiator had trouble with all these low-level characters, it's not even PIS anymore, he's just not that good.

Um. No. With every low-showing example you show, we can show an example of Glad's high-showing examples, SOME basically top the Superman examples you've presented.

I'm not saying Glad's > Supes. I'm just saying you suck at presenting your case.

I know your point.

Based on your replies to it? Don't think so.

and just so you know my point is you are a kiss @ss who really want gladiator to win but are too much of a p#ssy to say it

See? Don't talk about ppl you don't know. You base your perceptions on some very shallow/limited information and you form half-assed conclusions with an obviously defensive posturing.

FYI, Superman was the 2nd character I ever read (First was Teen titans when I was like 7 years old... I'm in my 30s now and I still collect) and I DO collect Superman comics.

I like Glads. But not as much as Supes, tbh. I just get amused at watching defensive fanboys' fume at the nose everytime someone doesn't support their fave character.

I love comics Supes. Forum Supes with gay fanboys is the guy I don't like too much.

Again, you really shouldn't talk about ppl you don't know about.

carver9
what's your point? so what green lantern helped a little. gladiator could never have strength to do that. the dude struggle lifting the baxter building

him wondy and martian along move the earth, him and wondy move the moon, get your fact straight
he alone with green lantern construct move the earth to the sun at high speed. so that's a soloed lifting feat.

no you implied gladiator is more powerful than superman which is not the case, gladiator got owned by cannonball, hulk, gambit. he couldn't even took down fantastic four deathbird or captain america. since you are a gladiator fanboy I think you might known very well of his low-showing feats.

so? that was long time ago, I forgot some of the detail. but the fact that superman (writer) stated he could means he could.

cough
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6196/cannonball.jpg

there's another masterson other than thunderstrike father and son?

gladiator destroyed an old unstable planet with no detail of size with his fist. superman destroyed planets before, but most of the time not with his fists

yeah superman escaped black hole

how about travel speed in hyperspace means sh#t in battle and gladiator has never ever shown that kind speed in battle. how about him getting own by gambit, you want a scan of that?

how about superman punch lobo to the orbit? how about split a moon in half. how about gladiator having trouble with colossus

yeah superman lifted half of spectre and infinity book, both weight infinity, with superman strength, gladiator's durability means nothing

Mr. Mind, you are terrible.

Gladiator didn't struggle with the baxter building, what are you talking about?

He had help moving the planet. Even though its an amazing feat, its not a solo feat.

Lol... so you poost a feat of superman being koed by the force of the moon and use that as a high showing?

You post him going through a small moon and use it as a planet destroying feat?

I just TOLD you that superman and zod was conneted to the planet. That was the reason the planet was being destroyed. Why post a feat you know nothing about? Read Superman words in the scan that you put up.

Gladiator didn't get OWNED by cannonball, he was annihilating cannonball and was about to punch him into the core of the sun. Cannonball then conjure up a miracle and absorbed gladiator entire punch and redirected it back at gladiator and gladiator still wasn't koed.

Gladiator getting owned by hulk isn't a bad showing, especially since gladiator kryptonite was on the battlefield. Please let's not use low showings especially since superman is full of low showings.

Lol... you do know that superman was amped during the time he punched lobo out of orbit right. A couple of comics later he hulked up.

Prove that gladiator destroyed an unstable planet and show me supes destroying a planet.

Why bring up low showings when it doesn't aid you?

Ill give you that, he did escape a black hole.

I agree with you as well on space flight... it means jack when referring to combat speed, I have been saying this for years but I do have scans of gladiator blitzing at light speed in a gravitational environment.

Gladiator didn't have trouble with colossus, where did you get that from. Going by feats, colossus>equus and equus showing against supes is greater than colossus showing against glads.

Everything else you said about infinite weight is hyperbole because neither gladiator or superman can lift infinite weight.

D_Dude1210
Carver: Why do you have dman as a sig? That's miiiine!

carver9
Carver: Why do you have dman as a sig? That's miiiine!

Lol... me being honest, my girl put this on for me. She tried to put da man but she forgot the "a".

I like dman better though. stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by dmills

Edit: Carver if you say Glads walked through Nova or tooled the entire Nova Corps one more time I'm coming for ya stick out tongue

Lol... well, he didn't tool the ENTIRE nova corps since nova prime wasn't there (I wish he was one of them though)... so with that said, I will not bring it up again. Didn't we have a heated argument about this a while back or was it someone else? I can't remember the other guys name who has a sig just like you.

D_Dude1210
I'd actually put Nova on my sig (as he is one of my fave chars evar) but ppl would start saying I was biased everytime I'd argue for him...

I shud put Superman in my Sig so ppl wouldn't think I'm biased against im in every argument....

Hm.. would work, lets give it a shot! lol.

Warlord
I like the Cannonball defeat and baxter building strugling comments.
Like superman (or any character in that aspect) has never been defeated by weaker opponents or shown facial expressions performing a (seamingly easy for his class) lifting feat (superman on lifting a pyramid for example)

dmills
Lol... well, he didn't tool the ENTIRE nova corps since nova prime wasn't there (I wish he was one of them though)... so with that said, I will not bring it up again. Didn't we have a heated argument about this a while back or was it someone else? I can't remember the other guys name who has a sig just like you. Yeah we did lol! You have a long memory cause that was quite a while ago lol.

Holy shit this thread is on fire

TitoSanchez
Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Captain Marvel, Terrax, Morg vs Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl (Kara Zor-el) aquaman, flash, batman, green lantern, martian manhunter, green arrow, plastic man, captain atom, big barda, hawkman, hawkgirl. Fight to the death. Takes place on a planet 2 times the size of earth, no BFR.
This half of the JLA will die with in seconds, Batman, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, and Aquaman. Now then that leaves the strong ones, Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, and Green Lantern, Flash, Big Barda, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, and Hawk Man and Hawk Woman.

Silver Silver is an energy manipulator of the highest caliber and would be a threat to Superman and Supergirl. But Captain Atom and Green Lantern would over whelm Surfer. He's good but not that good.

Morg and BRB are Physically the most imposing on Marvel's side but, Wonder Woman, Superman, and Martian Manhunter would kick thier asses. Telepathy, Magic Lassos, Superman's stronger than everyone power, and it's a quick fight.

Leaving Captain Marvel, Gladiator, and Terrax.

Terrax is easily matched by Barda. By the Time Terrax wins, Superman and Wonder Woman are taking his head off.

Gladiator has killed Hawk Man and Hawk Woman and is meeting slight resistance from Supergirl. Suddendly he loses all his strength. Martian Manhunter has erased all his confidence and Supergirl KO's him.

The JLA has way too many options and numbers.

Desaad
Just a couple of thoughts...

The Superman/GL earth feat was a combined feat, undoubtedly. Superman specifically says "Add your power to mine" (AFTER Hal created the construct), so Hal is doing a large bit of the moving.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/Desaad86/Hal%20Jordan%203/Hal3.jpg
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/Desaad86/Hal%20Jordan%203/Hal4.jpg
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/Desaad86/Hal%20Jordan%203/Hal5.jpg
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/Desaad86/Hal%20Jordan%203/Hal6.jpg
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/Desaad86/Hal%20Jordan%203/Hal7.jpg

But it's ALSO worth noting that they aren't just moving a wobbly planet -- they're moving the planet earth against the power of countless absorbed suns, a force great enough to fling the earth into the sun. Remember, FLING it into the sun, not just cause it's orbit to slightly degrade, blah blah blah. That is INFINITELY more impressive than moving a stationary earth, and infinitely more impressive than moving a wobbly earth (which, by the way, Superman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter were INCAPABLE of doing...it took the weirdly powered up Kyle Rayner to do that).

In regards to the Superman/Zod fight in the Phantom Zone, was it ever explicitly stated that the damage they were inflicting upon each other was directly what caused the destruction of the planet, via some link? It's been a while since I've read it, and I certainly remember the comparisons being made (my skin cracks, the a fault line shatters) but that need not mean there was a literal connection between the two.

The "infinite" thing was obvious hyperbole -- if the Spectre actually weighed an infinite amount, setting him down on the planet earth would have destroyed it, regardless of inertia.

TitoSanchez
Originally posted by Desaad
Just a couple of thoughts...

The Superman/GL earth feat was a combined feat, undoubtedly. Superman specifically says "Add your power to mine" (AFTER Hal created the construct), so Hal is doing a large bit of the moving.

But it's ALSO worth noting that they aren't just moving a wobbly planet -- they're moving the planet earth against the power of countless absorbed suns, a force great enough to fling the earth into the sun. Remember, FLING it into the sun, not just cause it's orbit to slightly degrade, blah blah blah. That is INFINITELY more impressive than moving a stationary earth, and infinitely more impressive than moving a wobbly earth (which, by the way, Superman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter were INCAPABLE of doing...it took the weirdly powered up Kyle Rayner to do that).

In regards to the Superman/Zod fight in the Phantom Zone, was it ever explicitly stated that the damage they were inflicting upon each other was directly what caused the destruction of the planet, via some link? It's been a while since I've read it, and I certainly remember the comparisons being made (my skin cracks, the a fault line shatters) but that need not mean there was a literal connection between the two.

The "infinite" thing was obvious hyperbole -- if the Spectre actually weighed an infinite amount, setting him down on the planet earth would have destroyed it, regardless of inertia. Correction, SM, WW, and MM never tried to move Earth. They held it in place.

-Pr-
Learn your feats before mentioning them.

ha.

Team 2 stomps, though.

Desaad
Originally posted by TitoSanchez
Correction, SM, WW, and MM never tried to move Earth. They held it in place.

I thought they were trying to correct the wobble that had occurred from the mal-distribution of water on the planet? That's moving it, in my mind.

Black bolt z
Does Morg have WOL? If not team 2 loses. Hard.

If he does they might win. I mean Morg w/ WOL was owning all heralds of galactus at the same time without any trouble.

Lord_Dagoth
JLA wins.

MrMind
Lol. So you're saying CONTEXT and CIRCUMSTANCES shouldn't be considered when making an argument? Such fail and desperate "logic"....
yeah I said superman destroyed the planet in the fight with zod.
and you completely diregard the fact that the planet gladiator destroyed doesn't have a size. in context it's an old planet without knowint the size. so it could be as big as a football field.

laughing such a horrible analogy

well carver did.

you see? no arguements from you

don't be a d#ck, you come in here arguing every point in favor of gladiator

these are completely garbage posts from you, no arguements, just insulting, what a surprise.

what am I implying then?

I'm misleading? you guys trying to use gladiator flying 100x light speed in hyperspace as an arguement. and you are calling me misleading.

that's exactly like gladiator destroyed that planet. first of all, that's a planet without knowing the size. second of all, it's an old planet, and unstable old planet got cracked up by gladiator by multiple punhes is like pushing the button of detonator.

you ask for the planetary feats from superman, and I named the pulling earth. by the way, he did pulled the entire earth with green lantern construct with his own strength while the earth was being pulled to the sun. just so you knowing pulling a planet>destroying one

no you can't, especially if you lost to gambit or cannonball.and exactly which showings top the superman examples?

again, get an arguement.

cry me a river

MrMind
Mr. Mind, you are terrible.
Gladiator didn't struggle with the baxter building, what are you talking about?
did you look at the scan? he look struggling

the one with green lantern construct he did it alone. and help move a major parts of the planet still>cracking an old planet with unknown size.

I don't think gladiator even can destroy moon.

then how big is the planet gladiator destroying?

I read the scan. I don't see any where said they were "Connected" to the planet

what about the gambit showing? what about the time against captain america or colossus? or deathbird, Corsair. gladiator got confidence issue.

I do know that. but still impressive

I'll try to get the scan.

because gladiator is full of low showings. and you can't just named all the high feats and disregard the low feats.

blitzing at light speed? superman has done that too

let me try to get the scan of him fighting colossus. although gladiator won in the end but colossus went toe to toe with him.

but it's still a good evidence to show the strength of superman. although it's incalculable it's still very impressive like hercules lifting the heaven.
like I said gladiator destroying that unkown planet by punches is his biggest showing. none of the feats you listed topped that. and based on that feat, superman has more impressive feats than gladiator's top feat.

D_Dude1210
yeah I said superman destroyed the planet in the fight with zod.

How is this ANY different from the analogy I made below? OH WAIT! It's not.

You suck at debating. Seriously.

and you completely diregard the fact that the planet gladiator destroyed doesn't have a size. in context it's an old planet without knowint the size. so it could be as big as a football field.

Um... FYI, this logic goes both ways, you competlely disregard the possibilty might be even LARGER than the planet Earth.

Of course, being a fanboy, I'm sure you're just gonna lowball the feat by any means possible.

Funny thing is, I didn't even make any other argument other than the fact that your logic sucks in every way possible.

laughing such a horrible analogy

No, it's an exact analogy. If you disregard context, just about anything that can fit into a specific description can be made into an argument.

Seriously, are you 10? You don't seem to have a solid grasp of logic.

well carver did.

Take it up with him then. Again, you seem to be very confused. Might wanna sit down and refocus.

you see? no arguements from you

Argue about what? You didn't present a point when I made this statement.

Again, you seem confused.

don't be a d#ck, you come in here arguing every point in favor of gladiator

LOL. No, I didn't. I merely pointed out that Carver did a good job at destroying your points. And then I pointed out some flaws in your logic.

You might wanna re-read my replies.

You're the one that has his panty in a bunch just 'cuz ppl disagree with your crappy logic.

these are completely garbage posts from you, no arguements, just insulting, what a surprise.

You're making no points anymore, IF you actually presented a REAL argument instead of whining like a 2 year old, I'd actually debate with you.

The way it is, I simply pointed out your logical flaws in my previous posts and you haven't yet offered proper rebuttal to protect your points.

what am I implying then?

That the feat of him "destroying several planets" showcases his strength

based on this argument:

The flaw here is twofold:
1) He doesn't have MULTIPLE feats of destroying a planet. He had one.
2) On the ONE SINGLE feat you DID present wherein he was destroying a planet, a PLOT DEVICE was the one causing the damage, not Superman's strength (not directly anyway).

Thus this portion of your argument in defense of Superman's formidably and strength FAILS horribly. W/c is sad cuz, I actually put Superman above Glads in feats. It's just sad that you don't know how to present it properly.

Again, you might wanna learn a thing or two about logic and debating before posting here, it's starting to get embarrassing.

I'm misleading? you guys trying to use gladiator flying 100x light speed in hyperspace as an arguement. and you are calling me misleading.

Um. Again, I didn't make this argument.

You seemed to be very mad and very confused. Sit down for a sec, sonny. The butthurt is getting to you.

And yes, you were misleading based on the statement you made above that I quoted. smile

that's exactly like gladiator destroyed that planet. first of all, that's a planet without knowing the size. second of all, it's an old planet, and unstable old planet got cracked up by gladiator by multiple punhes is like pushing the button of detonator.

And I'm sure you have some sort of scan to PROVE this above statement.

Lemme save us both some time: You don't.

You SURE like to speculate in your arguments... (might wanna look up what "speculate" is. Here's a HINT: It's not good to do it in a debate...! Makes you look like a silly wabbit.)

you ask for the planetary feats from superman, and I named the pulling earth. by the way, he did pulled the entire earth with green lantern construct with his own strength while the earth was being pulled to the sun. just so you knowing pulling a planet>destroying one

Joint feats can't be used in a debate as DIRECT quantifiable proof of anything, especially when you cannot quantify the contribution made by the assisting party. If I carry a 200 lb table with 10 other ppl, I can't go claiming that I can lift 200 lbs, can I?

And no, pulling a planet is NOT > destroying one. One is a pulling feat one is a hitting feat.

Which ability ACTUALLY benefits combat? One's ability to pull or one's ability to hit hard?

Hint: it's not pulling.

no you can't, especially if you lost to gambit or cannonball.and exactly which showings top the superman examples?

Superman has more low feats than Glads has, fyi. Ppl here already presented a multitudes of them. Closing your eyes and going "lalala" doesn't change the fact that he has low feats as well.

Many posters here already presented Glads destroying a planet with his fists SOLO. You have Supes flying thru a moon and KOing himself in the process.

again, get an arguement.

Those WERE arguments. They just went over your head.

cry me a river

Nah. You're doing a good enough job of that for all of us.

guy222
Terrax

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15549617_New_Avengers_004-018.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15549619_New_Avengers_004-019.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15549622_New_Avengers_004-020.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15549624_New_Avengers_004-021.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15549625_New_Avengers_004-022.jpg

Golgo13
JLA.

pym-ftw
Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Captain Marvel, Terrax, Morg

vs

Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl (Kara Zor-el) aquaman, flash, batman, green lantern, martian manhunter, green arrow, plastic man, captain atom, big barda, hawkman, hawkgirl.

Fight to the death.
Takes place on a planet 2 times the size of earth, no BFR.
Currently team one, unless to the death means everyone is bloodlusted

Golgo13
Team 2 has CA. He can likely take out multiple people from Team Surfer.

-Pr-
Team 2 still wins, though Morg will be a tough one.

lol @ old carver.

abhilegend
JLA. Lulz @carver and D_Dude though.

Ambient
A good fight: If team S doesn't take out Martian fast he could do some major damage to the team; Morg, Terrax and Glads is quite susceptible to his power, he could fight offensively as we'll as give support to his team via tp attack towards the 3 mentioned.. Hmm JLA 6 - 7/10.

go get'em carver!!!

jla wins, despite morg and the humans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.