Dead or Alive: Dimensions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dynamic Entry
e627yzSab8o?hd=1Hail this game. Hail it I say. big grin

Meh, wish they'd have made it on something that didn't look like DOA1, like maybe a...oh, PS3 or 360. I would love to have played as Raidou while not looking like arse, and seeing Ridley (Metroid) drag you around the stage in top-notch HD graphics. sad

Cyner
the game looks fine... basically the same as 4 did on 360...

however some of the english VA's pain me.

Dynamic Entry
They're not even Xbox-level graphics bro. You must've confused the game's graphics with its CGI to have made a statement like that.

Zack Fair
It looks very good.

Dynamic Entry
But DOA4 good? That's almost putting it on NG2/Sigma 2's level which is just lol...no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by Dynamic Entry
e627yzSab8o?hd=1Hail this game. Hail it I say. big grin

Meh, wish they'd have made it on something that didn't look like DOA1, like maybe a...oh, PS3 or 360. I would love to have played as Raidou while not looking like arse, and seeing Ridley (Metroid) drag you around the stage in top-notch HD graphics. sad

Are you insane? This looks better than DOA 2, similar to 3.

Dynamic Entry
Ok, so I exaggerated with saying DOA1.

The screen's not HD as it is played on a non-HD screen. The mechanics look crappy and you execute moves based on what you choose on the touch screen for the most part, so it's like Pokemon but not turn-based.

Nah it looks like ass. DOA2 was remade on the PS2 and the Xbox so I take it you mean DOA2 on DreamCast.

DOA3 is if the 3DS is Xbox in terms of graphics (they pushed the Xbox to its limits with 3), and I currently doubt it reaches GameCube.

Bardock42
Nah, I meant Dead or Alive 2 as it was bundled in Dead or Alive Ultimate for the X-Box.

I am worried too about the mechanics though.

Sancty
So excited for this w00t w00t I love DOA aweherm

The english voice acting though -.- waah

Dynamic Entry
Hmm...well at least Raidou is in it. Plus I wonder if this is canon and continuing after 4.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Bardock42
I am worried too about the mechanics though.
In addition to you, I am also as well worried about the mechanics too.
Hmm...well at least Raidou is in it. Plus I wonder if this is canon and continuing after 4.
It looks like they are expanding the canon from the first game, and possibly the second.

We may finally get some more details about Kasumi vs Raidou, but it appears some of the other characters might get retconned in to DOA2 or something.

Cyner
They're not even Xbox-level graphics bro. You must've confused the game's graphics with its CGI to have made a statement like that.

Not really... DoA's style is always pretty low on detail anyway... this game really looks pretty dang good.

Scythe
Yay

Dynamic Entry
Originally posted by Cyner
Not really... DoA's style is always pretty low on detail anyway... this game really looks pretty dang good. Why am I sensing the coming of another claim of DOA4 looking about the same as the Xbox DOA's.

And wtf are you talking about. As I said they pretty much pushed the Xbox's limit with 3, and that was a launch title.

-Edit- Just want to throw in that it's not always about realism. Sure most DOA characters look plastic-like and shiny, so they lack detail in the sense they don't have visible follicles all over their body, marks, scars and so forth, but they take the same amount of console power to be rendered. They use an anime-based design theme for the characters anyway, at least most of them.

The attires/materialistic surfaces and environment are far more realistic than the characters.

StyleTime
Well, Samus is not playable.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-24-samus-not-playable-in-dead-or-alive-3ds

Also, it appears that this game may be a retelling of the entire DOA storyline. It sounds kinda like an Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles for DOA.

RE: Blaxican
And suddenly, I don't care about this game at all.

SaTsuJiN
XD .. the only turnoff about this for me.. (and I usually dont mind playing DoA, even though I never take it seriously).. is the 'tap-a-combo' nonsense.. I think thats probably on par with the 1-button ultras in iPhone street fighter iv

RE: Blaxican
Jesus bro, you would even try to play SF on an Iphone. laughing out loud Street Fighter is like crack to you. stick out tongue

Scythe
Originally posted by StyleTime
Well, Samus is not playable.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-24-samus-not-playable-in-dead-or-alive-3ds

Also, it appears that this game may be a retelling of the entire DOA storyline. It sounds kinda like an Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles for DOA.

WTF? Why is she even in the game? Hmm, I wonder.

StyleTime
To be honest, I would much rather just have DOA5 than this.

Team Ninja's whole "make a remake after every game" pattern is lame.

killermover
Team ninja, I'm still waiting for another ninja gaiden with Kasumi or Akane as the main character. I don't care about third rate fighters with sloppy graphics and nonsensical main controls.

Ridley_Prime
Overly pre-judgmental much? The controls could very well be better than most of the previous games, to be fair. Graphics leave somethin' to be desired, but are still passable, especially for a handheld. At any rate, I'm not really surprised on the news about Samus. If she was to be playable, I would think she'd be confirmed as such on the day that whole Metroid stage cameo was revealed..

Dynamic Entry
It's obvious the Metroid stage/Ridley/Samus are there as gimmicks/easter eggs what with Team Ninja having worked on Other M. They would have to have made an entirely new fighting style for her which I doubt they wanted to do. Or..they could've just ripped off some moves of various characters like they did with Spartan Nicole.

And the controls can never be better when, like someone and I pointed out before, it involves "selecting" the combo you want to do from the move list. This may or may not simply serve as a shortcut for the hard-to-do ones, which is cool, but if using the stylus and touchscreen is mandatory for this crap then...no, this just doesn't work well in fast-paced fighting games especially since this is going to have online play. Having that technique in NG Dragon Sword seemed weird enough...and it can never work for fighting games, and I can see why especially with a resistive touchscreen.

But if you think you can be pressing buttons while simultaneously selecting crap on the touchscreen with a stylus pen, then whatever flows your boat. Be careful not to damage the touchscreen. 13

jalek moye
From what I saw you can do both. Either button press or select one

Bardock42
I thought Street Fighter on the iPhone was pretty good.

Bro SMASH
Has anybody read this:

http://shoryuken.com/content/team-ninja-sans-itagaki-backhands-super-street-fighter-4-3d-edition-3407/

Cyner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tky5bs6QzjY

BloodRawEngine
Thinkin' I'm gonna pass on this one. Between two other big-name fighting titles finally returning, Dead or Alive is hardly worth much in the way of mass media attention, and not just cuz I think the series as a whole sucks. When the last truly great 3D fighter was about six or seven years ago (and it sure as hell wasn't a DoA title), then you know that using some kind archaic viewpoint for gameplay is hardly anyone else's idea of holding back the game, especially when they're on average better than even the good 3D fighters.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Has anybody read this:

http://shoryuken.com/content/team-ninja-sans-itagaki-backhands-super-street-fighter-4-3d-edition-3407/
I hoped that the trash talking would die out when Itagaki left, but I guess not.
Originally posted by Cyner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tky5bs6QzjY
Looks like projectiles are in now. Also, USA! USA! USA!
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Thinkin' I'm gonna pass on this one. Between two other big-name fighting titles finally returning, Dead or Alive is hardly worth much in the way of mass media attention, and not just cuz I think the series as a whole sucks. When the last truly great 3D fighter was about six or seven years ago (and it sure as hell wasn't a DoA title), then you know that using some kind archaic viewpoint for gameplay is hardly anyone else's idea of holding back the game, especially when they're on average better than even the good 3D fighters.
My main problem is that it's handheld. It's actually a good fighter on console, although it does have its flaws.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.