Darth Maul is ALIVE!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jinsoku Takai
Subject line says it all. AWESOME!!

ares834
No, lame... Anyways it could be a Nightsister trick.

Lord Lucien
Where is this from?

ares834
The newest episdoe of the Clone Wars.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by ares834
No, lame... Anyways it could be a Nightsister trick.

I suppose it could be a trick, but it would be cool if Maul were really alive.

SIDIOUS 66
I hope it's just a trick.

Jinsoku Takai
I think GL finally realizes what a dumbass move it was to (apparently now) kill off one of the coolest characters in the entire mythos. Perhaps (hopefully) this a way of indirectly admitting this wrong, and correcting it.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
I suppose it could be a trick, but it would be cool if Maul were really alive.

No, it would not be.

People only think Darth Maul is badass because of his tattoos. We NEVER saw him actually kicking ass in TPM. He has a 2 sided saber, wooptydoo.

ares834
I see no reason to bring back Maul when we have Savage. The guy was far more powerful anyway.

Hybris
It could very well be a trick (IT'S A TRAP!)

Or it could actually be Maul (in which case WE CAN'T REPEL AWESOMENESS OF THAT MAGNITUDE).

Personally I think he's the real deal and maybe it will feature Maul like he is depicted in Old Wounds.

RE: Blaxican
It would be retarded if they brought back Darth Maul. Why? Because the mother****er was decapitated and then thrown down a bottomless shaft. You don't "come back" from that.

Lord Lucien
"Bisected."

your mother

Slash_KMC
Popular character + revival = more views.

They sure can do the math.

Sith Master X
Ridiculous.

I love Star Wars 1-6 to death, but there's no convincing me that 12 years later after watching a character get sliced in half and fall down a huge pit, that he is actually alive through an animated TV show, and that from now on when I watch TPM, I'm expected to believe that Obi-Wan didn't kill him.

No friggen way. I will kindly pretend The Clone Wars tv show doesn't exist.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Ridiculous.

I love Star Wars 1-6 to death, but there's no convincing me that 12 years later after watching a character get sliced in half and fall down a huge pit, that he is actually alive through an animated TV show, and that from now on when I watch TPM, I'm expected to believe that Obi-Wan didn't kill him.

I've been doing that since it premiered.

CaedusRules
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Ridiculous.

I agree, I haven't watched, and I'm not sure I want to. I keep going back and forth, but it seems a little "kiddy" to me. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Besides, it messes with SW's dogma... It's like someone making an anamated series on Jesus... "Jesus, the years after the resurection"

Jinsoku Takai
It IS definitely childish, and THAT is what bugs the hell out of me. Still yet though, it is the only SW I can get right now (w/out getting into the post RotJ novelized, Luke is a god bullshit), so I'll take it.

Slash_KMC
That's the wrong mentality right there and Lucas knows many people think like that.

It's not because you liked certain movies, that you need more of it.

queeq
Is taht it? The PT kinda ruined my appetite... I just watch it in some false hope of redemption of the saga... hehehe

Jinsoku Takai
Redemption is not to be found, and never will be unless a complete reboot of the saga occurs by someone with some sense (not Lucas or any of his turd writers).

CaedusRules
Redemption is not to be found, and never will be unless a complete reboot of the saga occurs by someone with some sense (not Lucas or any of his turd writers).

Thou shall not blaspheme "The Creator." As long as GL is alive, I dont want to see SW in anyone else's hands. That's like saying "Lets' have someone re-write "the lord of the rings" That old bag Tolkien is too long winded....," Or "If J.K. Rowling wont write another Harry Potter let someone else do it".... If Rowling can come out and say Dumbledore is gay, GL can do anything. ANYTHING! And you will LIKE IT!

As for the post ROTJ novels, yes they are centered around Luke, and could use different arch's, but IMO it is better then watching some cartoonist jack up SW's Dogma.

BTW I hope the rumors are true that after GL releases SW's in 3D he will begin another Trilogy not based off the previous trilogies. I'm hoping for a Bane Trilogy.

Lord Lucien
I'm hoping he quits Star Wars altogether, considering how awful the prequels were and how stupid the CGI show is. Everything that guy gets his hands on now becomes sullied.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by CaedusRules
Thou shall not blaspheme "The Creator." As long as GL is alive, I dont want to see SW in anyone else's hands. That's like saying "Lets' have someone re-write "the lord of the rings" That old bag Tolkien is too long winded....," Or "If J.K. Rowling wont write another Harry Potter let someone else do it".... If Rowling can come out and say Dumbledore is gay, GL can do anything. ANYTHING! And you will LIKE IT!

As for the post ROTJ novels, yes they are centered around Luke, and could use different arch's, but IMO it is better then watching some cartoonist jack up SW's Dogma.

BTW I hope the rumors are true that after GL releases SW's in 3D he will begin another Trilogy not based off the previous trilogies. I'm hoping for a Bane Trilogy.

He's not going to make another Trilogy, he's expressed this many times.

Lord Lucien
And if he ever decided to, it certainly wouldn't be a trilogy revolving around the story and character's of someone else's Star Wars. He's made clear his disinterest toward the EU.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I'm hoping he quits Star Wars altogether, considering how awful the prequels were and how stupid the CGI show is. Everything that guy gets his hands on now becomes sullied.

cheers

Hybris
And if he ever decided to, it certainly wouldn't be a trilogy revolving around the story and character's of someone else's Star Wars. He's made clear his disinterest toward the EU.

Well I can't actually blame him... I have a general dislike for everything that happened after ROTJ stick out tongue

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Hybris
Well I can't actually blame him... I have a general dislike for everything that happened after ROTJ stick out tongue I was referring to the Bane trilogy.

ares834
Which was also quite bad.

Lord Lucien
Very bad.

Nephthys
I liked it.

darth radon
No, lame... Anyways it could be a Nightsister trick. I forgot who really saved him but all they really had to do was give him some robotic legs,and he would not die of pain because zabraks don't feel physical pain and would not die of blood loss because of the burn a lightsaber leaves.

GenomeFrozener

I saw the early signs of this in the past, tried my best to ignore it, but goddamn it, I can't anymore.

darth radon
he is hiding in exile and he trained his brother beyond the outer rim.
for the record he did obtain force lighting.

Pwned
Ok im o lazy to check, if somebody has the link, plz post it, i want to see this...........

Anakin_the_Hutt
I think it's a cool idea. I'm definitely interested...so is EVERYONE who has posted here! Dude, if Lucas TRULY "made clear his disinterest in the EU", the Clone Wars TV series would not exist. You just don't like certain changes. sad

I think it's cool. It KINDA explains why a young, little Obi-Wan was able to single-handedly kill a "Sith Lord". If he's alive, it adds more to who or what Darth Maul is.

Apparently, he's acension in the Dark Side ranks was nothing special - his people are apparently trained and wait for their shot at being used for whatever purpose the Nightsisters want. He was offered to Palpatine by the Nightsisters. He was a tool from the beginning and got broke.

Now he's in exile AND he can teach his brother what he needs to know to kill Dooku. (This is what I gathered from the Trilogy of Episodes) It can't be judged fairly until his brother finds him in the next Season. I hope they pull it off - it can potentially "kill" his character...but it's definitely interesting so far.

Ten times better than his EU origin...which was what? Palpatine found him - The End?

Anakin_the_Hutt
I'm hoping he quits Star Wars altogether, considering how awful the prequels were and how stupid the CGI show is. Everything that guy gets his hands on now becomes sullied. Such hate. It blinds you.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
Such hate. It blinds you. From the truth that the prequels sucked compared to the originals, that the CGI movie was flat-out awful, and that the CGI show isn't much better?

If that's what you call being blind...

Zampanó
erm

what, exactly, do you believe qualifies as EU?

Jinsoku Takai
I think it's a cool idea. I'm definitely interested...so is EVERYONE who has posted here! Dude, if Lucas TRULY "made clear his disinterest in the EU", the Clone Wars TV series would not exist. You just don't like certain changes. sad

I think it's cool. It KINDA explains why a young, little Obi-Wan was able to single-handedly kill a "Sith Lord". If he's alive, it adds more to who or what Darth Maul is.

Apparently, he's acension in the Dark Side ranks was nothing special - his people are apparently trained and wait for their shot at being used for whatever purpose the Nightsisters want. He was offered to Palpatine by the Nightsisters. He was a tool from the beginning and got broke.

Now he's in exile AND he can teach his brother what he needs to know to kill Dooku. (This is what I gathered from the Trilogy of Episodes) It can't be judged fairly until his brother finds him in the next Season. I hope they pull it off - it can potentially "kill" his character...but it's definitely interesting so far.

Ten times better than his EU origin...which was what? Palpatine found him - The End?

Agreed, to a certain extent. It is risky, but may well kick ass also.

Anakin_the_Hutt
What do I believe qualifies as EU? Well, EVERYTHING that is in the EU...I believe qualifies as EU.

Lord Lucien
What do I believe qualifies as EU? Well, EVERYTHING that is in the EU...I believe qualifies as EU. Glibness is rarely cute, this time being no exception. But just in case you really didn't pick up on what he was saying: the EU has "traditionally" been the non-George Lucas realm. But ever since his involvement with the The Clone Wars, he can officially put his name in the roster of writers for EU. But the vast majority of the Expanded Universe--TotJ, KotOR, Bane trilogy, everything post-RoTJ--is still outside his radius of Care. He has openly said that all that is not "(his) Star Wars".

Anakin_the_Hutt
Oh. I thought the guy who said Star Wars needs to be rebooted to be redeemed simply asked me, "What, exactly, did I believe qualifies as EU?" No, I didn't pick up on all that - thanks. Still, I think ALL of it - even the EU outside of Lucas' radius of Care...qualifies as EU.

Lord Lucien
Yes, that was established years ago.

Jinsoku Takai
Yes, that was established years ago.

Yes, A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Anakin_the_Hutt
Agreed, to a certain extent. It is risky, but may well kick ass also. I wonder how he survived that long-ass fall. The injury, to me, isn't so much a factor. Anakin had 3 limbs cut off and his entire body was f*cking cooked. Maul got sliced at the hip. You can see him screaming all the way down...it's the fall that gets me.

I don't think he's a clone. He could've been resurrected by the Witches - but, then why be in exile? How in the hell did he survive?

"He lives in the Outer Rim...in exile."

darth radon
I wonder how he survived that long-ass fall. The injury, to me, isn't so much a factor. Anakin had 3 limbs cut off and his entire body was f*cking cooked. Maul got sliced at the hip. You can see him screaming all the way down...it's the fall that gets me.

I don't think he's a clone. He could've been resurrected by the Witches - but, then why be in exile? How in the hell did he survive?

"He lives in the Outer Rim...in exile." Since maul was just a tool what woudl sidous need with him now?What i-.........You do make a good point,but I am just going off of what Mother Danzyo said.She sent his brother there so he had to have survived. Well I just thought of something!!We all know sidous took a great fall and was cloned but with the night sisters resources they could easily keep him from dying with their spells. But I did some research and found out that it is unknown how the formed him again but a group called the prophets of the dark side brought him back to live after the battle of yavin.But it was not cloning from the records of their history.But if it helps the matter one sith who lived for over a thousand years did have the rank of shadow hand after he died a SECOND TIME.
but i will have to do some research about the first time.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Maul's brother was given a magical pendant that would lead him to Maul. I bet the Witches had a hand in Darth Maul's survival/revival.

I think the Witches revived him and are planning something. Mother Talz(?) appears to be using Asajj Ventress, too.

truejedi
geez, literally magical? I do not regret having ceased to follow most of the star wars storylines.

Lord Lucien
I've never liked how magic infiltrated Star Wars. Many authors and writers took the Force as some blank check and started attributing every sort of weird power and ritual they could to it. The incantations, and rituals, and glowing aura all felt too... fantasy-esque to me. I prefer the telekinetic/precognitive/Lightning style magic that the movies made the Force out to be. All the EU's use of alchemy and relics and energy blasts never felt right. Made Force users some omni-powerful sect that utterly dominated anyone who wasn't them. Vader's Choke used to be so badass, and Palpatine's Lightning was so f*cking cool... but now, if you can't cleanse a planet of life you're a small fry. Entire fleets of ordinary soldiers are obliterated at a thought. Stars blowing up. Whole populations being drained of life. Massive illusions in the sky.

What's the point of having ships and soldiers when what really matters, to paraphrase Kaan, is "We need more Dark Lords!"? That's why games like Jedi Knight and the first KotOR were so f*cking awesome: Jedi and Sith had Force pushes and Lightning and Drain, but even the best of them were small scale and couldn't hold up against tougher opponents, and certainly not overwhelming laser fire, and starfighters or capital ships--you know, the Science Fiction part of Star Wars.

*sigh*

I guess what I'm trying to say is: F*ck the comics, and f*ck The Force Unleashed.

Lucius
When you get down to it, SW is fantasy in space. You can take just about any element in SW and find its equivalent in standard fantasy.

Force = Magic
Dark Side = Black Magic
Sith = Evil Overlords
Jedi = Good Wizards

- Planets effectively function as your standard fantasy kingdom or empire, just with fancy magical tech.

- Military tactics in SW consist of large groups of soldiers rushing at each other, same as in most fantasy.

- Epic scope, good vs evil, huge galaxy/world shifting battles.

I could go on, but SW has never been strongly science fiction. I mean, I could recreate the entire story of the PT in a fantasy setting and aside from some superficial differences in numbers and technology, you wouldn't know the difference.

Jinsoku Takai
I've never liked how magic infiltrated Star Wars. Many authors and writers took the Force as some blank check and started attributing every sort of weird power and ritual they could to it. The incantations, and rituals, and glowing aura all felt too... fantasy-esque to me. I prefer the telekinetic/precognitive/Lightning style magic that the movies made the Force out to be. All the EU's use of alchemy and relics and energy blasts never felt right. Made Force users some omni-powerful sect that utterly dominated anyone who wasn't them. Vader's Choke used to be so badass, and Palpatine's Lightning was so f*cking cool... but now, if you can't cleanse a planet of life you're a small fry. Entire fleets of ordinary soldiers are obliterated at a thought. Stars blowing up. Whole populations being drained of life. Massive illusions in the sky.

What's the point of having ships and soldiers when what really matters, to paraphrase Kaan, is "We need more Dark Lords!"? That's why games like Jedi Knight and the first KotOR were so f*cking awesome: Jedi and Sith had Force pushes and Lightning and Drain, but even the best of them were small scale and couldn't hold up against tougher opponents, and certainly not overwhelming laser fire, and starfighters or capital ships--you know, the Science Fiction part of Star Wars.

*sigh*

I guess what I'm trying to say is: F*ck the comics, and f*ck The Force Unleashed.

Yeah, **** 'em!!

Zampanó
Don't forget about the Flow Walk!

I like the more outlandish aspect when they are a natural consequence of manipulating the energy field of life. So mind-altering, essence-stealing, life-cleansing goodness is fine for me. Creating armies of soldiers from nothing, or Kun's blaster cannonsAmulets, for example, are less peachy.

Nephthys
Meh, its all good imo.

I like Sci-fi and I like Fantasy. I like it when these two are mixed. Simples.

Erde Kaiser
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Lucius
Heinlein is science fiction. Clarke is science fiction. Larry Niven is science fiction.

Star Wars is fantasy in space where massive starships massing at millions of tons can accelerate at several thousand Gs (talk about one crazy specific impulse) and not get sheared to pieces by tensile stress due to the immense force of acceleration.

Basically what I'm saying is that just because it is in space, doesn't make it science fiction. Little about SW is dependant upon the vacuum.

The Rover
Subject line says it all. AWESOME!!

So...first they make a Maul clone (i.e., a character clone) and then they tease about bringing him back?

*Goes back to thinking about Star Wars when it was awesome...*

Anakin_the_Hutt
Originally posted by truejedi
geez, literally magical? I do not regret having ceased to follow most of the star wars storylines. Yeah, the Witches on Dathomir use magic. Haven't they always? Wait, isn't the "magic" they use, really the Force?

truejedi
well then.. you better call it the force. You call it magic, and you have opened a completely different can of worms.

Lucius
That same witch created wine out of thin air. Literally conjured stuff into being.

RagingBoner
Originally posted by Lucius
That same witch created wine out of thin air. Literally conjured stuff into being.

Dave Filoni confirmed in a recent ForceCast interview that the Witches of Dathomir don't really use the Force according to George. Filoni says he thinks there's some sort of connection, like a corruption of the energy field, but George says it's distinct.

Lucius
Originally posted by RagingBoner
Dave Filoni confirmed in a recent ForceCast interview that the Witches of Dathomir don't really use the Force according to George. Filoni says he thinks there's some sort of connection, like a corruption of the energy field, but George says it's distinct.

*Murders spoiler tags*

I wonder if its something they will elaborate on in season four.

RagingBoner
*Murders spoiler tags*

I wonder if its something they will elaborate on in season four.

YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME!

He said he'd revisit that stuff and the themes/revelations from the Mortis trilogy. I'm calling it: We'll see Plagueis.

ares834

She could have simply teleported it.

Nephthys
Is that a technique that can be used 'simply'?

truejedi
Besides the weird planet Luke visited in FOTJ, where does that even happen?

RagingBoner

Dathomir.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Is that a technique that can be used 'simply'? Simple in comparison to conjuring from thin air.

ares834

Jorj Car'da, a non-force sensative, used it on Exocron in Visions of the Future.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Okay, so what's wrong with magic in Star Wars?

"Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff - but I've never seen ANYTHING to make me believe that there's ONE all-powerful Force controlling EVERYTHING. No mystical energy field controls MY destiny. It's all simple tricks and nonsense."

I believe it's possible that there are strange "stuff" to be had in Star Wars Land. ie: magic/supernatural/unexplainable happenings...unless Han is right and it's all simple tricks and nonsense. But, he WAS wrong about the Force.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Magic was FIRST introduced in Star Wars Land in 1985 in the Ewoks cartoon. They had shamans and witches using the stuff.

Lord Lucien
Magic was FIRST introduced in Star Wars Land in 1985 in the Ewoks cartoon. They had shamans and witches using the stuff. You don't define that as quality, do you?

It's not the presence of a mystical-energy-field kind of magic that's irksome--that wouldn't make any sense then, since 1977--but rather it's the privileges many writers have taken with the Force. It's changed from that strange, enchanting mysterious power that a select few could wield and only with years of training, in to a tool that pretty much half the named characters in the mythos have some control over. Did you know even BoShek was Force Sensitive? It's no longer an oddity "magic" amongst Sci-Fi where lifting a ship or performing a one-story somersault were impressive displays power, but instead has taken on a semblance to the kind of magic one would expect from Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter, or many various "Fantasy" genres. Teleportation, time traveling, alchemy, rituals, spells, relics etc. Now you can argue all day that "well, technically, Star Wars is just so fictional that even the technology is fantasy" til your blue in the face, but it misses the point. Star Wars was always a futuristic, technological wonderland with that dash of fantasical "Force".

No it seems with every new release there's some new wunderkind with Dragonball Z powers, or some new species or group with with some awesome Force power. As you said, even the freaking Ewoks had people casting spells. There is literally within Star Wars a branch of the supernatural apart from the Force called Magic.

It's just a disappointing change that slowly permeated over the years.

ares834
I think we all know who to blame for this one...

Lord Lucien
I blame the comics mostly. That medium necessitates flashy powers and glowing auras. Allows for more visual freedoms that unfortunately have thrown the once tame/humble power of mystic warriors out of whack.

RagingBoner
I blame the comics mostly. That medium necessitates flashy powers and glowing auras. Allows for more visual freedoms that unfortunately have thrown the once tame/humble power of mystic warriors out of whack.

Comics are gay as hell anyways. We don't need 'em.

ares834

Well thank KJA for those damn Knights of the Old Republic comics then... wink

truejedi
I agree with Raging Boner up there.

ares834
Diffrent question. How do you guy all feel about the power level of some of these characters such as Starkiller and Nihilus? Personnaly I hate it.

I prefered SW having "weaker" force powers. Like when ESB was priginally released, Yoda lifting the X-wing was awesome and powerful. Now such a feat is laughed at by guys who rip apart stars and lay waste to planets... with their minds. Meh.

Lord Lucien
Diffrent question. How do you guy all feel about the power level of some of these characters such as Starkiller and Nihilus? Personnaly I hate it.

I prefered SW having "weaker" force powers. Like when ESB was priginally released, Yoda lifting the X-wing was awesome and powerful. Now such a feat is laughed at by guys who rip apart stars and lay waste to planets... with their minds. Meh. That's one of my main beefs. Aside from literal magic, the previously established nature of the Force has been taken to ridiculous heights by the video-games and comics. Lightning should have been the ultimate evil power, but now every Tom, Dick, and Stanley can do it. And change the color too!

I don't mind power levels so much as the outlandishness of their powers. As already mentioned, things like making solid shapes out of "dark side energy", weird rituals and the like, they all kinda just suck.

But on the other hand I don't mind escalations of powers that we see in the movies. Like telekinesis, for example. We saw Yoda lifting multi-ton objects, so I don't mind seeing Luke, who really should be one of the strongest, if not the strongest character in the entire mythos, lifting, say, an entire capital ship. It's a natural progression of the ability. Seeing Vader choke someone from lightyears away doesn't really bother me, or seeing someone like Sideous use a particularly lethal dose of lightning.

In fact I actually appreciate things like that because something that's always bothered me about the movies is how little Lucas went out of his way to establish the power hierarchy in the movies. Through implied ability and logic we assume that Yoda and Mace being at the top of the order means they're the strongest, and by default Sideous must be that strong as well. But going purely be movie feats and only movie feats, it's incredibly hard to gauge each person's power level in relation to others.

Lord Lucien
I think you're spelling Sidious wrong on purpose.

The movies never bugged in terms of Force powers. I liked comparatively tamer and localized powers of the individuals, rather than the galaxy-altering, planet-sweeping, fleet-eating powers of the EU.

Gambler
Usually we see only Sith wielding those sick powers. Never Jedi. Besides, we all know that introducing Starkiller to EU crippled EU itself. Sooner or later Tales Of The Jedi will be taken out of canon or will be radically changed, because of funny understanding of the force and technology. As for Jedi force powers in the comics - we rarely see anything beside force push and mind tricks. It's the Sith they make too strong.

I disagree about force lightning being the ultimate force power. There must be other non-aggressive force powers that have personal impact of force-wielder. But nothing like flying and other crap.

Lord Lucien
The ultimate evil power.

Lucius
TFU and the idea of Force wielders being super fast and strong and durable, demands some funny questions when you read TOJ Redemption. A Force severed Ulic is capable of holding his own against an enraged Jedi.

Nephthys
Well he was getting pushed back the entire time.

Lucius
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well he was getting pushed back the entire time.

He was giving ground because he didn't want to hurt... the catwoman person. This was before physical prowess was tied into Force ability. Back before the PT even.

axel_jovan
When you get down to it, SW is fantasy in space. You can take just about any element in SW and find its equivalent in standard fantasy.

Force = Magic
Dark Side = Black Magic
Sith = Evil Overlords
Jedi = Good Wizards

- Planets effectively function as your standard fantasy kingdom or empire, just with fancy magical tech.

- Military tactics in SW consist of large groups of soldiers rushing at each other, same as in most fantasy.

- Epic scope, good vs evil, huge galaxy/world shifting battles.

I could go on, but SW has never been strongly science fiction. I mean, I could recreate the entire story of the PT in a fantasy setting and aside from some superficial differences in numbers and technology, you wouldn't know the difference.

Agreed, though SW is best described as science-fantasy.

Just look at it that way:

Typical fantasy: LOTR
Typical science-fiction: Star Trek
Blend of both: Star Wars

Btw. IMHO the best example of science fantasy in YA literature would be Celia Friedman's The Coldfire Trilogy, where magic is given scientific background.
Sth akin to how midichlorians work for the force.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Do I consider the Ewoks cartoon as quality - well, I'm an animator - so when "I" see it - yeah, it's quality. Do the stories entertain me? I'd say yes AND no. The fact is, magic was placed in Star Wars by the man himself in the 80s. I don't see how that diminishes the effect or the strength of the Force.

So someone can put together potions and cast spells like Harry Potter, big deal. It's like the world of Willow clashes with Star Wars. The Force against magic...how is that not a cool concept?

All that EU crap post ROTJ is insane. Chewie's dead, cloned Emperor...Lucas himself said all that isn't his Star Wars anyway, right?

Blowing up planets with thoughts and ripping apart galaxies...that's people getting paid to pull crap outta their ass and put Star Wars in the title. That ain't Lucas. Boba Fett and Jango being Mandalorians...that ain't Lucas, either.

Lucas put magic in Star Wars, not the EU. The Clone Wars cartoon uses magic - and it's sacriledge?!

Star Wars "fans" rule.

Again:

"Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff - but I've never seen ANYTHING to make me believe that there's ONE all-powerful Force controlling EVERYTHING. No mystical energy field controls MY destiny. It's all simple tricks and nonsense."

"Good against remotes is one thing - good against the living...that's something else."

Lord Lucien
Do I consider the Ewoks cartoon as quality - well, I'm an animator - so when "I" see it - yeah, it's quality. Do the stories entertain me? I'd say yes AND no. The fact is, magic was placed in Star Wars by the man himself in the 80s. I don't see how that diminishes the effect or the strength of the Force.

So someone can put together potions and cast spells like Harry Potter, big deal. It's like the world of Willow clashes with Star Wars. The Force against magic...how is that not a cool concept?

All that EU crap post ROTJ is insane. Chewie's dead, cloned Emperor...Lucas himself said all that isn't his Star Wars anyway, right?

Blowing up planets with thoughts and ripping apart galaxies...that's people getting paid to pull crap outta their ass and put Star Wars in the title. That ain't Lucas. Boba Fett and Jango being Mandalorians...that ain't Lucas, either.

Lucas put magic in Star Wars, not the EU. The Clone Wars cartoon uses magic - and it's sacriledge?!

Star Wars "fans" rule.

Again:

"Good against remotes is one thing - good against the living...that's something else." The validity of the inclusion of magic isn't in dispute, nor is whether Lucas was involved or not.

It's that such magic tricks are there that's the problem. Lucas also personally included Jar Jar and Jake Lloyd in to the highest canon, and we blast him for that too.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Oh. Yeah, in the Force Unleashed Video Game you can do some crazy-a*s things with the Force, too. Makes you feel unstoppable! The EU tends to exagerate both the Force and Magic capabilities. I stick to the films and the TV series' presentation of 'em.

Video Games and the various EU authors out there put their own stank on it. It confuses people on what you can and can't do with the Force....exagerate the limits of Lucas' "magic". And when Lucas does something that contradicts that, then you get a bunch of fans of that EU blasting Lucas 'cuz he doesn't care about the EU.

I think it's a problem, too.

Darth Tempest
He survives, eventually goes to Tatooine and dies at Obi-Wan's hand finally. This is after RotS

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Darth Tempest
He survives, eventually goes to Tatooine and dies at Obi-Wan's hand finally. This is after RotS

This is not canon. The CW series will decide his final fate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.