Runner ( no gem) vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
Fights in Space

Black bolt z
laughing out loud

2 votes and option 3 has them both.

Runner wins.

MrMind
meh, don't know runner enough

Philosophía
I do.

Superman wins.

SuperiorTech
Runner

Colossus-Big C
runner stomps

-Pr-

Badabing
Looks at the last question in the poll.

mmm

Considers abusing mod powers. biscuits

Black bolt z
Originally posted by -Pr-
same.

not that i don't believe you, but how? what are runner's best feats? Runner completely and utterly stomped surfer without the space gem.

And with it(and he didn't even know how to use it) he gave thanos a beat down.

He is also sort of like starfox. Even while runner was giving surfer a beatdown surfer couldn't help but like the runner. He has some "like-arua" on him.

Nihilist
Runner used the gem against Thanos subconsciously.

Runner for the Majority.

Don Corleone
I'm tied with Superman in the polls! eek!

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I'm tied with Superman in the polls! eek! I wonder why love

guy222
elder

Philosophía
not that i don't believe you, but how? what are runner's best feats? He has outclassed Thanos and Surfer in speed. Overpowered SS in the same fight. Has some fairly impressive space travel. And that's about it, in a nutshell.

Bentley
Isn't there an arc in which Makkari runs faster than the Runner by going faster than light?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bentley
Isn't there an arc in which Makkari runs faster than the Runner by going faster than light? No Makkari goes light speed. Even though runner is faster then surfer and surfer is much much faster then light.

Philosophía
Isn't there an arc in which Makkari runs faster than the Runner by going faster than light? Shush.

Colossus-Big C
Isn't there an arc in which Makkari runs faster than the Runner by going faster than light? no, also makkari is the fasteting runner in marvel anyways he also beat flash

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
no, also makkari is the fasteting runner in marvel anyways he also beat flash

because he's in Marvel?

Wow.

Nihilist
no, also makkari is the fasteting runner in marvel anyways he also beat flash laughing

zopzop
Originally posted by Black bolt z
No Makkari goes light speed. Even though runner is faster then surfer and surfer is much much faster then light.

No he's right. It was in an issue of Quasar, Makkari smoked all of the fastest runners in the universe. It was issue 58 I believe.

It seems without the Gems the Elders are a joke. Notice how She-Hulk humiliated Champion without the Power Gem.

It was Quasar 58 here's the scans :

An unammed person, Bearded Alien aka Fast Forward actually had the lead before he stopped to help Makkari :
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1822/quasar58012.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's Makkari showing Runner who's the boss :
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3701/quasar58015.th.jpg

Colossus-Big C
flash was in that issue where makkari beat runner

Black bolt z
Originally posted by zopzop
No he's right. It was in an issue of Quasar, Makkari smoked all of the fastest runners in the universe. It was issue 58 I believe.

It seems without the Gems the Elders are a joke. Notice how She-Hulk humiliated Champion without the Power Gem. I know hes right. But they said light speed was the fastest anyone could go.Which we know is false. Runner can go faster then surfer and surfer can go faster then light. So no..........Runner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Makkari in speed.

And champion has been a joke for the last 25 years. He originally beat down all of Marvel Earth didn't he?

-Pr-
flash was in that issue where makkari beat runner

no expression

zopzop
no expression

It's true. There was a rumor "Bearded Alien" aka "Fast Forward" was supposed to be Flash.

zopzop
I know hes right. But they said light speed was the fastest anyone could go.Which we know is false. Runner can go faster then surfer and surfer can go faster then light. So no..........Runner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Makkari in speed.

And champion has been a joke for the last 25 years. He originally beat down all of Marvel Earth didn't he?

Yeah well, ON PANEL, he was losing to Fast Forward aka Bearded Alien until he stepped out the race to help Makkari.

Then ON PANEL, he lost fair and square vs Makkari.

Without the Gems the Elders are trash.

-Pr-
It's true. There was a rumor "Bearded Alien" aka "Fast Forward" was supposed to be Flash.

was it a crossover issue, or just a homage.

Black bolt z
Yeah well, ON PANEL, he was losing to Fast Forward aka Bearded Alien until he stepped out the race to help Makkari.

Without the Gems the Elders are trash. And ON PANEL he was faster then surfer.

ON PANEL surfer is faster then light

ON PANEL he gave thanos a beat down.

They aren't trash at all. Collector constantly gives the avengers trouble. The runner would destroy the,.

zopzop
And ON PANEL he was faster then surfer.

ON PANEL surfer is faster then light

ON PANEL he gave thanos a beat down.

They aren't trash at all. Collector constantly gives the avengers trouble. The runner would destroy the,.

He had the Space Gem didn't he? He only lost it later when Thanos pwned him with the Time Gem.

So like I said, without the Gems the Elders are trash.

zopzop
was it a crossover issue, or just a homage.

Definitely not a crossover, so I guess homage? They even said he came from another reality outside "our" own or something.

Black bolt z
He had the Space Gem didn't he? He only lost it later when Thanos pwned him with the Time Gem.

So like I said, without the Gems the Elders are trash. No he didn't have the space gem when he beat down surfer. He was also much much faster then him. And he didn't know how to use the gem against thanos. The gem wouldn't make him faster. It let him teleport to destinations which is why he thought he was moving faster.

Like I said thats complete bullshit.

zopzop
No he didn't have the space gem when he beat down surfer. He was also much much faster then him.

I'm almost 100% certain you are wrong and the Gem was on his person when he fought the Surfer. I'll check the issue.

Wrong, Thanos even said he was subconsciously tapping into the Gem's power like the other Elders (Gardner, Champion, etc...).

-Pr-
Definitely not a crossover, so I guess homage? They even said he came from another reality outside "our" own or something.

Ah. We both know, though, that "supposed to be" and "actually are", are two different things.

zopzop
Ah. We both know, though, that "supposed to be" and "actually are", are two different things.

I think he even said his name was "Barry" or something. It was definitely supposed to be Flash, it was confirmed elsewhere too. I'll have to look it up.

Mindset
Wasn't Flash.

Bentley
The Collector is more powerful than Runner. Runner is a little fish in a big pond smile

psycho gundam

Without the Gems the Elders are trash. you're messing it all up

it was a homage to barry allen flash, who famously ran himself to death in coie by withering away into the speedforce.

"buried alien" was the name of the barry allen like character who shows up out of nowhere during the race to the moon and beats everyone present easily (minus the runner)

now, the thing to consider about that is that lightspeed wasn't the fastest a being could move in marvel at the time, but rather the fastest a being couldn't be cause of shifting to hyperspace, as many hve done and transended lightspeed many times over way before that quasar issue in the 90's (case in point gladiator going 100x lightspeed, thor going thrice lightspeed, etc)

Without the Gems the Elders are trash. the elders performed far lessar with the gems than they did before as they seemingly didn't know how to access them since their minds are so one tracked fallowing their persuits in life. in all the explainations of how they used their gems they were all pretty much subcontious and/or by accident.

the only one who knew how to use the gems was the grandmaster, but that was after he spied on thanos who gained the knowledge originally from the well he studied. before thanos the only one to know their true capabilites was the infinity being.

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you're messing it all up

it was a homage to barry allen flash, who famously ran himself to death in coie by withering away into the speedforce.

"buried alien" was the name of the barry allen like character who shows up out of nowhere during the race to the moon and beats everyone present easily (minus the runner)

now, the thing to consider about that is that lightspeed wasn't the fastest a being could move in marvel at the time, but rather the fastest a being couldn't be cause of shifting to hyperspace, as many hve done and transended lightspeed many times over way before that quasar issue in the 90's (case in point gladiator going 100x lightspeed, thor going thrice lightspeed, etc)

There was two races :

Quasar 17 and Quasar 58.

Alien shows up in 17 and beats everyone. In the rematch in 58 he was ahead of Makkari and Runner but dropped out to help Makkari from being hurt by a cheater.

But you are right, it was Buried not Bearded, his beard threw me.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/316/quasar1718.th.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8881/quasar1723.th.jpg

Go Flash Go big grin

psycho gundam
i know, it's just that runner made rules to make it fare for everyone to compete i.e. only terestrial running was allowed. he kicked monica rambue out cause her feet weren't hiting the platforms within a certain distance, and in runner's ruling that meant she was flying.

runner's space running (the energy thing he does like when he was attacking thanos) makes him way faster. he would have stomped buried alien

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/439/defenders14316.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2539/defenders14317.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8943/defenders14318.jpg

no gem

King Kandy
Runner defeated SS easily, he'll do the same to supes.

MrMind
he also beat flash
wally would shit him out

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i know, it's just that runner made rules to make it fare for everyone to compete i.e. only terestrial running was allowed. he kicked monica rambue out cause her feet weren't hiting the platforms within a certain distance, and in runner's ruling that meant she was flying.

runner's space running (the energy thing he does like when he was attacking thanos) makes him way faster. he would have stomped buried alien

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/439/defenders14316.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2539/defenders14317.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8943/defenders14318.jpg

no gem

But the rules, like you said, were for "running" not flying. Runner would have lost to Buried and he for sure lost to Makkari. So there are people faster than him. His showing vs Thanos was with the Space Gem that he was subconsciously tapping into.

Vs Surfer I'm not sure if he had the Gem or not. But if he didn't and beat the Surfer that's a low showing for the Surfer. What has Runner been shown doing aside from his two fights? One vs Surfer (Gem use in question) and one vs Thanos (subconscious Gem use implicitly stated).

psycho gundam
But the rules, like you said, were for "running" not flying. Runner would have lost to Buried and he for sure lost to Makkari. So there are people faster than him. His showing vs Thanos was with the Space Gem that he was subconsciously tapping into.

Vs Surfer I'm not sure if he had the Gem or not. But if he didn't and beat the Surfer that's a low showing for the Surfer. What has Runner been shown doing aside from his two fights? One vs Surfer (Gem use in question) and one vs Thanos (subconscious Gem use implicitly stated). when he fought thanos, he said he would show up somewhere sometimes before he set out for his destination, then thanos confirmed it be saying he was mentally teleporting since the gem would take him where he wanted to go just by his subconscious will. he actually did use his speed against thanos though, and didn't teleport at all during that fight. his teleporting was never shown on panel (aside from the end of the moon race, but that was minus the gem).

against surfer he basically just overpowered him and surfer couldn't shake him back in SS volume 3 #3

Don Corleone
What about Runners likable aura? Is this something effective in combat?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman.

psycho gundam
it worked on surfer, though surfer got really mad after and it might have worn off

superman wouldn't stay calm either

Black bolt z
I'm almost 100% certain you are wrong and the Gem was on his person when he fought the Surfer. I'll check the issue.

Wrong, Thanos even said he was subconsciously tapping into the Gem's power like the other Elders (Gardner, Champion, etc...). No it wasn't. The elders were collecting the gems and did collect them. But they collected them and planned to kill galactus. They did not start using them to my knowledge until thanos quest.

Like I said he didn't know how to use the gem. And the gem lets him teleport. Not run faster.

zeel
edge goes to runner but prolly a tie.

superman is not going to manhandle surfer like runner did. Surfer is built to kill supes.

Black bolt z

Vs Surfer I'm not sure if he had the Gem or not. But if he didn't and beat the Surfer that's a low showing for the Surfer. What has Runner been shown doing aside from his two fights? One vs Surfer (Gem use in question) and one vs Thanos (subconscious Gem use implicitly stated). No the runner runs. Not flys.

And he didn't have the gem when he stomped surfer. And the space gem does not make him run faster.Originally posted by psycho gundam
when he fought thanos, he said he would show up somewhere sometimes before he set out for his destination, then thanos confirmed it be saying he was mentally teleporting since the gem would take him where he wanted to go just by his subconscious will. he actually did use his speed against thanos though, and didn't teleport at all during that fight. his teleporting was never shown on panel (aside from the end of the moon race, but that was minus the gem).

against surfer he basically just overpowered him and surfer couldn't shake him back in SS volume 3 #3 This exactly.

zopzop
No it wasn't. The elders were collecting the gems and did collect them. But they collected them and planned to kill galactus. They did not start using them to my knowledge until thanos quest.

That could be true I don't remember the Runner/Surfer fight too well

Wrong, it was stated on panel by Thanos that all the Elders in possession of a Gem were subconsciously tapping into their power.

Black bolt z
That could be true I don't remember the Runner/Surfer fight too well

Wrong, it was stated on panel by Thanos that all the Elders in possession of a Gem were subconsciously tapping into their power. IIRC it went like this.

Surfer is flying at light speed around the universe as he does.
Runner comes up to surfer and they start chatting.
Surfer asks runner what he is doing here.
Runner says "I'm going to kill you"
Runner gives surfer as beatdown while surfer continues to like him to do his like-a-bility arua.
Runner KO's surfer on a Random planet where Mantis finds him and heals him back to full.

Yes. But the space gem lets you teleport. Not run faster. Therefore he was not amped in any way in that fight.

psycho gundam

zopzop
IIRC it went like this.

Surfer is flying at light speed around the universe as he does.
Runner comes up to surfer and they start chatting.
Surfer asks runner what he is doing here.
Runner says "I'm going to kill you"
Runner gives surfer as beatdown while surfer continues to like him to do his like-a-bility arua.
Runner KO's surfer on a Random planet where Mantis finds him and heals him back to full.

If this was without the Space Gem, then it's a low showing for Surfer. What other fights sans Gem has the Runner been in?

He was tapping into it's power during the fight and that's all that matters. We saw that without the Gem he would have lost to Buried Alien aka Flash and definitely lost to Makkari.

Black bolt z
If this was without the Space Gem, then it's a low showing for Surfer. What other fights sans Gem has the Runner been in?

He was tapping into it's power during the fight and that's all that matters. We saw that without the Gem he would have lost to Buried Alien aka Flash and definitely lost to Makkari. Why is it a low showing for him? Runner doesn't have many showings so why can't those be his regular showings? Why can't runner just be that strong?

Considering he didn't use the gem during the fight...no it doesn't matter.

And what don't you understand that that race is bullshit? Considering we know runner can go many times the speed of light but in that comic they say light is the fastest you can go?

psycho gundam
We saw that without the Gem he would have lost to Buried Alien aka Flash and definitely lost to Makkari. only in the context of the situation

runner's rules limited himself

zopzop

Considering he didn't use the gem during the fight...no it doesn't matter.

Oh yes he did!

Look at the scans, quoting Runner :

"I even amaze myself. You know why I'm so fast? It's all because of this little beauty right here" (meaning the Gem)

"I was always fast but I never really knew what speed was until I got this little purple darling"

And why was he so fast with the Gem? Because he wasn't running, he was warping Space.

Black bolt z
Oh yes he did!

Look at the scans, quoting Runner :

"I even amaze myself. You know why I'm so fast? It's all because of this little beauty right here" (meaning the Gem)

"I was always fast but I never really knew what speed was until I got this little purple darling"

And why was he so fast with the Gem? Because he wasn't running, he was warping Space. The gem lets him teleport. He thought he was going faster because when he thought of a destination he was there in an instant so he thought the gem made him faster. It was just teleporting him there. It wasn't actually making him faster.

And by the way you can't pick and choose to respond to. Your leaving out points I make that prove you wrong.

Runner still stomps superman.

zopzop
The gem lets him teleport. He thought he was going faster because when he thought of a destination he was there in an instant so he thought the gem made him faster. It was just teleporting him there. It wasn't actually making him faster.

And by the way you can't pick and choose to respond to. Your leaving out points I make that prove you wrong.

Runner still stomps superman.

What are you talking about? He himself said the Gem upped his speed, he just misunderstood how it was doing it.

We saw him lose to Makkari and he would have lost vs Buried if Buried didn't take himself out of the race to save Makkari. Without the Gem what has he been shown doing that's impressive? Beating the Surfer 20+ years ago isn't that impressive.

And what points of yours am I not responding to?

Black bolt z
What are you talking about? He himself said the Gem upped his speed, he just misunderstood how it was doing it.

We saw him lose to Makkari and he would have lost vs Buried if Buried didn't take himself out of the race to save Makkari. Without the Gem what has he been shown doing that's impressive? Beating the Surfer 20+ years ago isn't that impressive.

And what points of yours am I not responding to? He THOUGHT it amped his speed. It was actually teleporting him.

And we say the fastest Makkari could go is light speed. We know runner can go a lot faster then that. And why is beating surfer not impressive?

zopzop
He THOUGHT it amped his speed. It was actually teleporting him.

Exactly! That's the only reason he was moving so fast. Faster then he's ever been, he admitted so. He was subconsciously tapping into it's power.

A) On panel Runner lost to Makkari and would have lost to Buried. You can talk yourself horse but it won't change anything.

B) The Surfer fight was almost THIRTY YEARS ago. Show me what else he's got that makes you think he can take out Supes with PIS and CIS off?

Don Corleone
Guy's this is not a race
It's combat between Superman and Runner. Its obvious that both are fast.

Black bolt z
Exactly! That's the only reason he was moving so fast. Faster then he's ever been, he admitted so. He was subconsciously tapping into it's power.

A) On panel Runner lost to Makkari and would have lost to Buried. You can talk yourself horse but it won't change anything.

B) The Surfer fight was almost THIRTY YEARS ago. Show me what else he's got that makes you think he can take out Supes with PIS and CIS off? Yes. But it didn't help him in his fight against thanos.

Considering we know that runner is faster then Makkari it does in fact change something.

His thanos beatdown. Runner doesn't have low feats. These are his feats. So theres no reason he can't beatdown supes as well.

zopzop
Yes. But it didn't help him in his fight against thanos.

Good grief, he even said he was never this fast when in possession of the Gem. Of course he was using it vs Thanos. Are you even reading the same issue? The scans are in this very thread. Why don't you have a look.

HE LOST VS MAKKARI IN A RACE AND WOULD HAVE LOST VS BURIED IF BURIED DIDN'T DROP OUT TO SAVE MAKKARI FROM A CHEATER. It's all right there on panel. I even provided the scans. That's in CAPS because I want it to sink in.

So far we have :

Runner beating the Surfer THIRTY or so years ago.

We have Runner with the Space Gem in his possession pummeling Thanos. He comments he was never this fast before he got the Gem.

Later we have Runner losing in a race vs Makkari and Buried.

What else you got?

Black bolt z
Good grief, he even said he was never this fast when in possession of the Gem. Of course he was using it vs Thanos. Are you even reading the same issue? The scans are in this very thread. Why don't you have a look.

HE LOST VS MAKKARI IN A RACE AND WOULD HAVE LOST VS BURIED IF BURIED DIDN'T DROP OUT TO SAVE MAKKARI FROM A CHEATER. It's all right there on panel. I even provided the scans. That's in CAPS because I want it to sink in.

So far we have :

Runner beating the Surfer THIRTY or so years ago.

We have Runner with the Space Gem in his possession pummeling Thanos. He comments he was never this fast before he got the Gem.

Later we have Runner losing in a race vs Makkari and Buried.

What else you got? He THOUGHT the gem made him faster. He was actually teleporting. He was wrong. He didn't use the gem when he gave thanos a beat down.

And we know by feats that RUNNER IS FASTER TEN SURFER...its in caps. We also know SURFER IS FASTER THEN MAKKARI.

So we have a non amped runner beating surfer and thanos in a fight. I think thats good enough to beat supes.

zopzop
He THOUGHT the gem made him faster. He was actually teleporting. He was wrong. He didn't use the gem when he gave thanos a beat down.

Yes he did! Good grief he even says his speed is in large part thanks to the Gem. Read the freaking scans they are in this thread.

ABC logic? We saw on panel Makkari > Runner. Buried Alien > Runner.

We had a non amped Runner beat the Surfer 30 or so years ago. We had Runner amped with Space Gem beat Thanos till Thanos used the Time Gem.

That's nowhere near good enough to beat Superman.

Black bolt z
Yes he did! Good grief he even says his speed is in large part thanks to the Gem. Read the freaking scans they are in this thread.

ABC logic? We saw on panel Makkari > Runner. Buried Alien > Runner.

We had a non amped Runner beat the Surfer 30 or so years ago. We had Runner amped with Space Gem beat Thanos till Thanos used the Time Gem.

That's nowhere near good enough to beat Superman. The gem didn't actually make him faster. He just THOUGHT it did.

We also saw on panel Runner>>>>>Surfer and we know Surfer>>>>>>>>>>>Runner. Because Makkari was going light speed. We know surfer can go much faster then that.

We have a non amped runner beating surfer and thanos. That is good enough to beat superman.

zopzop
The gem didn't actually make him faster. He just THOUGHT it did.

We also saw on panel Runner>>>>>Surfer and we know Surfer>>>>>>>>>>>Runner. Because Makkari was going light speed. We know surfer can go much faster then that.

We have a non amped runner beating surfer and thanos. That is good enough to beat superman.

Because you are getting tiresome I'm just gonna reply in bulk rather than point by point because you sound like a broken record.

ON PANEL Makkari beat Runner. ON PANEL Buried was about to beat Runner. The race took more recently than the 30 or so year old Surfer fight so obviously a lot has changed.

He was using the Gem to amp himself, he was warping space but he believed it was adding to his speed. The result is the same, he was "faster" with the Gem than without. Much faster, stated by the Runner himself on panel.

So stop acting like a child.

Black bolt z
Because you are getting tiresome I'm just gonna reply in bulk rather than point by point because you sound like a broken record.

ON PANEL Makkari beat Runner. ON PANEL Buried was about to beat Runner. The race took more recently than the 30 or so year old Surfer fight so obviously a lot has changed.

He was using the Gem to amp himself, he was warping space but he believed it was adding to his speed. The result is the same, he was "faster" with the Gem than without. Much faster, stated by the Runner himself on panel.

So stop acting like a child. Once again I fail to see how people like you fail to grasp simple concepts.

janus77
Runner stomps.

zopzop
Once again I fail to see how people like you fail to grasp simple concepts.

Yeah, I mean I only provided scans to back up my claim.

So aside from the Space Gem boosted fight with Thanos and the thirty year old fight with Surfer you got nothing?

Just admit it. Superman WILL pummel Runner.

Black bolt z
Yeah, I mean I only provided scans to back up my claim.

So aside from the Space Gem boosted fight with Thanos and the thirty year old fight with Surfer you got nothing?

Just admit it. Superman WILL pummel Runner. Superman won't touch runner.

A non amped runner stomped thanos and surfer.

Now please answer this: Do you think light speed is the fastest anyone in marvel can go?

zopzop
Superman won't touch runner.

Now please answer this: Do you think light speed is the fastest anyone in marvel can go?

Why should I answer any of your questions when you can't even admit what was written and shown on panel?

I'm done with you, go pound sand for all I care.

Black bolt z
Why should I answer any of your questions when you can't even admit what was written and shown on panel?

I'm done with you, go pound sand for all I care. What was shown on panel? That runner is faster then light and light speed is the fastest makkari has ever gone?

That runner gave surfer a beatdown?

That runner(who was not amped as the space gem did not make him faster(he only thought it did)) gave thanos a beat down?

Not hard. He feats superman into red paste.

Starscream M

neither of whom have shown speed anywhere on par with superman...so point?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
neither of whom have shown speed anywhere on par with superman...so point? Please show me superman flying as fast as surfer can...not only that but runner has much better combat speed then surfer.

Starscream M
Please show me superman flying as fast as surfer can wait, I thought the threadmaker explicitly stated this isn't a race? so travel speed is quite irrelevant

what matters is combat speed...something that Superman has demonstrated to a far far greater degree than surfer.

psycho gundam
what matters is combat speed...something that Superman has demonstrated to a far far greater degree than surfer. according to your definition of combat speed

But the rules, like you said, were for "running" not flying. Runner would have lost to Buried and he for sure lost to Makkari. nope, he would have transended lightspeed by shifting into hyperspace where lightspeed travel has no bounds and stomped the other characters, he can also do this here

you now see how he moves in space (per the scans) with his space running or flight.

the race only proved that he couldn't go lightspeed via running normally...not that he can't go faster than light at all. monica rambue could have flown faster than some of the characters during the moonrace but she got kicked out for it.

Bentley
In truth both Runner and Superman should have speed to compete with each other in combat, Kal would win because he has a bunch of other powers to exploit, more proved combat feats and more skill than Runner for a lot.

D_Dude1210
In truth both Runner and Superman should have speed to compete with each other in combat, Kal would win because he has a bunch of other powers to exploit, more proved combat feats and more skill than Runner for a lot.

Mannn, it sucks that ppl think the Surfer wouldn't even be able to BLINK before being taken down by Zoom and then ppl here would then consider than Supes would be able to compete speed-wise with the Runner.... :-/ DC speedbias ftl.

Even with that, Supes will def hold back in this fight ("likeability" aura) and the Runner isn't a slouch in the strength department either (easily overpower the Surfer) and has other powers (like his weird "face beam"wink that can turn the tide here. Heck, he easily tanked a PC blast from the Surfer with a smile...

Bottom line, Supes can't beat the Runner because he won't want to. The Runner has no such qualms and has all the tools needed to take down Supes.

Stomp for the Runner.

Bentley
Nah, I'm among the people who think Surfer and Superman can, given certain circumstance, take down the likes of Zoom and Flash despite the speed blitz wtf-wins everyone points out when those are involved. Superman has a resistance towards mental influence that it's nothing short of epic and while Runner hurting Surfer certainly makes this a fight, Superman has many more feats that prove him to be an accomplished fighter.

You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't feel Runner has a clear advantage if we aknowledge their speed level is close enough to this being a fight.

D_Dude1210
Nah, I'm among the people who think Surfer and Superman can, given certain circumstance, take down the likes of Zoom and Flash despite the speed blitz wtf-wins everyone points out when those are involved. Superman has a resistance towards mental influence that it's nothing short of epic and while Runner hurting Surfer certainly makes this a fight, Superman has many more feats that prove him to be an accomplished fighter.

You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't feel Runner has a clear advantage if we aknowledge their speed level is close enough to this being a fight.

He didn't just hurt the Surfer, tho. He crushed him with ease. Something I don't think Supes can do even w/o weakness exploitation. :P

I believe that (due to that showing), in terms of durability, strength, speed and energy attack, the Runner has clear advantages to Superman. He was clearly shown to be stronger and was implied to be faster than the Surfer during their fight as well as durable enough to tank a direct PC blast and has blasts powerful enough to bring the Surfer down. I think those are all the tools needed to take down Supes.

The only thing Supes has going for him is his obvious skill in CQC, but with the Runner's likeability aura, I really don't see Supes exploiting this to the level needed to win here. The "likeability" aura has affected the Surfer (who himself has epic mental resistance as well) as well as high end psychic like Moondragon, it's not a domination thing than it is an emotional response. Unless Superman has no emotions, I don't think that he can be immune to it (tho, like the Surfer, he CAN actively resist it, but it would still affect him).

Bentley
Well, I love Surfer, but his mental defenses aren't the best in the block wink

Moondragon however is a good example.

As much as I love discussing Surfer's defeat so long ago, I could be swayed if the Runner had some more feats.

D_Dude1210
Well, I love Surfer, but his mental defenses aren't the best in the block wink

Moondragon however is a good example.

Well, it's inconsistent, but you gotta admit, Supes has had instances where he's had low showings in his mental defenses as well. :P

Long standing characters tend to have highs and lows.

As much as I love discussing Surfer's defeat so long ago, I could be swayed if the Runner had some more feats.

Well, I would be, too. But we can't disregard the showings he DOES have, y'know. wink

Bentley
Ok, you convinced me. Supes 6/10 biscuits

D_Dude1210
Ok, you convinced me. Supes 6/10 biscuits

stick out tongue

Lord Feron
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
He didn't just hurt the Surfer, tho. He crushed him with ease. Something I don't think Supes can do even w/o weakness exploitation. :P

I believe that (due to that showing), in terms of durability, strength, speed and energy attack, the Runner has clear advantages to Superman. He was clearly shown to be stronger and was implied to be faster than the Surfer during their fight as well as durable enough to tank a direct PC blast and has blasts powerful enough to bring the Surfer down. I think those are all the tools needed to take down Supes.

The only thing Supes has going for him is his obvious skill in CQC, but with the Runner's likeability aura, I really don't see Supes exploiting this to the level needed to win here. The "likeability" aura has affected the Surfer (who himself has epic mental resistance as well) as well as high end psychic like Moondragon, it's not a domination thing than it is an emotional response. Unless Superman has no emotions, I don't think that he can be immune to it (tho, like the Surfer, he CAN actively resist it, but it would still affect him).

can't agree with this more smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
He didn't just hurt the Surfer, tho. He crushed him with ease. Something I don't think Supes can do even w/o weakness exploitation.

Agreed. Crushing Surfer is above Superman's capabilities.

You'd need to be Thor level to do that.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

You'd need to be Thor level to do that. can't tell if you're being serious or not erm

Bentley

You'd need to be Thor level to do that.

So Superman becoming weaker would actually make him crush Surfer? biscuits

Rage.Of.Olympus
So Superman becoming weaker would actually make him crush Surfer? biscuits

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsKang3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsKang4.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
can't tell if you're being serious or not erm

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer08.jpg

Badabing
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer08.jpg mmm

mhmm

It doesn't quite look like his dial is at 11 yet. Maybe 10.5...biscuits

durthor

Bentley
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsKang3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsKang4.jpg

g_serious

psycho gundam
biscuits

carver9
Runner 10/10 (even with gladiator help, "other thread"wink... much faster, possibly stronger and better speed feats.

Deadline
g_serious

haha.

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
Runner 10/10 (even with gladiator help, "other thread"wink... much faster, possibly stronger and better speed feats. how the hell is runner much faster than superman?

carver9
how the hell is runner much faster than superman?

Combat wise he is MUCH faster than Supes imo. Anyone that can fight so fast that Surfer is unable to keep track of is MUCH faster than Supes IMO. How fast is supes combat wise and show me a scan proving this.

We know Supes, Surfer, and Runner, has flown through space at light speeds, we know that Runner hs also fought at light so what's the fastest Surfer and Supes has fought and show me a scan proving your claim.

Starscream M
Combat wise he is MUCH faster than Supes imo. Anyone that can fight so fast that Surfer is unable to keep track of is MUCH faster than Supes IMO. How fast is supes combat wise and show me a scan proving this.

We know Supes, Surfer, and Runner, has flown through space at light speeds, we know that Runner hs also fought at light so what's the fastest Surfer and Supes has fought and show me a scan proving your claim. don't conflate traveling speed with fighting speed

thor has flown at extremely fast speeds as well yet his combat speed is not fast at all

superman is one of the few heralds whose combat speed approaches that of flash

carver9
don't conflate traveling speed with fighting speed

thor has flown at extremely fast speeds as well yet his combat speed is not fast at all

superman is one of the few heralds whose combat speed approaches that of flash

I'm not getting anything mixed up (travel speed and flight), I honestly believe YOU are.

I asked you for combat feats not travel feats and asked you to give me a caculation on how fast that person was going during combat ALONG with a scan.

No herald is CLOSE to what flash is speed wise. Flash has admitted on panel that he holds back his speed against supes. Hell, their last race flash tells him this and leaves Supes in the dust when he went light speed (also time traveled).

Surfer doesn't have a legit combat speed feat under his belt so people saying that he is a speedster is either blind or in denial but he has shown that he can react and perceive things at light.

Badabing
I'm not getting anything mixed up (travel speed and flight), I honestly believe YOU are.

I asked you for combat feats not travel feats and asked you to give me a caculation on how fast that person was going during combat ALONG with a scan.

No herald is CLOSE to what flash is speed wise. Flash has admitted on panel that he holds back his speed against supes. Hell, their last race flash tells him this and leaves Supes in the dust when he went light speed (also time traveled).

Surfer doesn't have a legit combat speed feat under his belt so people saying that he is a speedster is either blind or in denial but he has shown that he can react and perceive things at light. Hey! Get back to the thread I've designated as your thread. sneer

Or do I have to get your old nemesis Pr involved...biscuits

King Castle

Surfer doesn't have a legit combat speed feat under his belt so people saying that he is a speedster is either blind or in denial but he has shown that he can react and perceive things at light.

actually surfer has evaded light speed attacks at close range circling his opponent within a few feet and moving several times light speed.

he did it during the Rune saga thing when he fought deathurge.

carver9
Originally posted by King Castle
actually surfer has evaded light speed attacks at close range circling his opponent within a few feet and moving several times light speed.

he did it during the Rune saga thing when he fought deathurge.

He isn't Superman though... his combat speed isn't close to what Superman has shown and everything that you've named was flight, I'm referring to do multiple punches like Supes or moving his body in Super speed like Supes.

Do you have any scans of Surfer shooting numerous of blast at super speed (dbz style like)? That would help.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Hey! Get back to the thread I've designated as your thread. sneer

Or do I have to get your old nemesis Pr involved...biscuits

Lol... the only thing that I am really saying is that no one in comics is comparable to flash or zoom speed wise.

King Castle
superman doesnt punch at light speed nor fight at light speed he blitzes and jack hammer punches i say it isnt mach speed.

Surfer fighting on his board close range in space and evading his opponent multiple blast at circling dodging several times the speed of light within arm reach has less to do with simple travel speed but reaction reflex.

even then once guys like flash start running after SS at light speed and begin throwing punches guys like flash are no longer punching light speed relative to his opponent who is already operation at light speed from his own point of view.

Badabing
He isn't Superman though... his combat speed isn't close to what Superman has shown and everything that you've named was flight, I'm referring to do multiple punches like Supes or moving his body in Super speed like Supes.

Do you have any scans of Surfer shooting numerous of blast at super speed (dbz style like)? That would help. I don't think those scans exist. The best SS feat I've seen is him shooting missiles in space. I have never seen SS fighting a super speed. I hope someone can post scans though.Originally posted by carver9
Lol... the only thing that I am really saying is that no one in comics is comparable to flash or zoom speed wise. Well, Supes, WW and the Marvels (DC) are supposedly up there. Superman has the best feats opposed to the Flash family. But the Flashes are overall faster in general, imo.

King Castle
well if some one has this comic and flip to the deathurge fight you guys can see what i am referencing.

http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/iss/600w/299/92991/4775081_1.jpg

hopefully some one will post it as well

carver9
superman doesnt punch at light speed nor fight at light speed he blitzes and jack hammer punches i say it isnt mach speed.

Surfer fighting on his board close range in space and evading his opponent multiple blast at circling dodging several times the speed of light within arm reach has less to do with simple travel speed but reaction reflex.

even then once guys like flash start running after SS at light speed and begin throwing punches guys like flash are no longer punching light speed relative to his opponent who is already operation at light speed from his own point of view.

I agree, superman doesn't fight at light speed but that's not what I am trying to say. What I am saying is than Supes could deliver more punches on a target that surfer if given a time limit and I am basing this off of on panel showings. Supermans body movement is much more impressive but I agree with your post and I didn't think about it like that so ther is no reason to apply to my post because all in all, "you have spoken the truth".

Badabing
well if some one has this comic and flip to the deathurge fight you guys can see what i am referencing.

http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/iss/600w/299/92991/4775081_1.jpg

hopefully some one will post it as well Are you trying to be funny? You have the cover but not the fight...sneer

Carver, take care if this riff raff! durhulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
g_serious

ha-som

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Badabing
Are you trying to be funny? You have the cover but not the fight...sneer

Carver, take care if this riff raff! durhulk

Carver is Bada's goon/henchmen/muscle!

big grin

Black bolt z
wait, I thought the threadmaker explicitly stated this isn't a race? so travel speed is quite irrelevant

what matters is combat speed...something that Superman has demonstrated to a far far greater degree than surfer. No its not a race. But runner is still far too faster for superman to touch.Originally posted by Bentley
In truth both Runner and Superman should have speed to compete with each other in combat, Kal would win because he has a bunch of other powers to exploit, more proved combat feats and more skill than Runner for a lot. No. Runner is far too fast for kal.

Black bolt z

superman is one of the few heralds whose combat speed approaches that of flash Supes combat speed doesn't come near flash erm.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer08.jpg oh nice example. A especially holding back surfer that wa handicapped for some of the fight vs. a non holding back thor with no morals...

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Carver is Bada's goon/henchmen/muscle!

big grin

Happy Dance

I don't think I am a good choice though when we have people like galan, darthgoober, onedumb, etc... especially regarding this topic stick out tongue .

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSilverSurfer2fight12.jpg

Black bolt z
Happy Dance

I don't think I am a good choice though when we have people like galan, darthgoober, onedumb, etc... especially regarding this topic stick out tongue . Carvers not the muscle.

Hes the brains of the operation...to get PR impeached!!! evilgrin

King Castle
worst part of all that is that soon after Thor nearly killed Silver surfer and Adam Warlock had to show up to save him from the mad god. laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsWarlockandSilverSurfer13.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsWarlockandSilverSurfer14.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsWarlockandSilverSurfer15.jpg

King Castle
yes, but he succeeded in preventing surfer's head from being crushed from the death blow and then he took a beaten but still manage to escape

Black bolt z
Thor isn't even in this thread. Rage just brings him up whenever he can no expression.

King Castle
Thor is a god and is present all around us for he is the wind, the storm and son of geaa thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
thumb up
yes, but he succeeded in preventing surfer's head from being crushed from the death blow and then he took a beaten but still manage to escape
Yeah, that accursed board.

King Castle
thumb up

Yeah, that accursed board. i curse and spit on PIS of the Karmic blast moment.

Thor would have gone down if not for writer armor protection. mad

Rage.Of.Olympus
i curse ans pit on PIS of the Karmic blast moment.

Thor would have gone down if not for writer armor protection. mad

Fortified soul:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsWarlockandSilverSurfer9.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsWarlockandSilverSurfer10.jpg

Beyond mortal comprehension:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorInsaneWill10.jpg

Thor > Infinity Watch or Thanos:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorInsaneWill8.jpg

King Castle
like i said writer armor the asgardian fortified soul comment only applied to Thor and no other Asgardian and immortal that Warlock had taken it too.

Rage.Of.Olympus
like i said writer armor the asgardian fortified soul comment only applied to Thor and no other Asgardian and immortal that Warlock had taken it too.

Thor > Normal Asgardians.

King Castle
Mephisto and his realm
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor

groups of asgardian in a single blast>>>> Thor

Thanoside = Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mephisto and his realm
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor

groups of asgardian in a single blast>>>> Thor

Thanoside = Thor

Mephisto = Vulnerable to soul based attacks

baka

Thor > Asgardian Army > Infinity Watch plus Surfer

Thor > Any version of Thanos

Black bolt z
Mephisto = Vulnerable to soul based attacks

baka

Thor > Asgardian Army > Infinity Watch plus Surfer

Thor > Any version of Thanos erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Undisputable truth.

Spire
It looks like this thread has gone as expected.

With Rage's quasi-sexual need to rep Thor at any mention of name, the fanboys trolling that Surfer somehow has combat speed and that Clark insta loses because Runner beat Surfer...

I give it 7 out of 10 lolz.

Rage.Of.Olympus
kakashi-up

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Spire

With Rage's quasi-sexual need to rep Thor at any mention of name, the fanboys trolling that Surfer somehow has combat speed and that Clark insta loses because Runner beat Surfer...

I give it 7 out of 10 lolz. Considering Superman isn't fast enough to touch Runner...

batdude123
Considering Superman isn't fast enough to touch Runner...

Originally posted by batdude123
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/276850_o.gif

King Castle

I give it 7 out of 10 lolz. nice way to enter the thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

so back on track Runner throws some punches and shoots one of his head blast at Kal

Philosophía
I find black bolt z's need to troll every few posts by saying the exact same thing hilarious.

This forum really needs more entertaining trolls.

Black bolt z

psycho gundam
Originally posted by marwash22
roasted.

MONSTAR

superman is one of the few heralds whose combat speed approaches that of flash Then how come superman was a frozen statue when flash fought zoom???... How come WW has far faster combat speed than superman, yet flash makes her look like a statue also????... Superman is NO WHERE near flash in any sort of speed let alone combat speed... Just because you see a comic book where flash ALLOWS them to run with him??? Dont leave out the MANY where he makes them look like a fool when he wants to.

D_Dude1210
Rage: Just because there aren't any recent Thor threads that you like, doesn't mean you should go about trolling Surfer threads. Shoo, Thorboy (Thor is stil my no.1 favorite character so <3 )!

I give it 7 out of 10 lolz.

You mean Surfer blitzing entire space battle fleets before they can react or when he blitzes speedblitzers (like Nova) ISN'T some sort of combat speed?

It's funny that ppl sometimes only consider "combat speed" as a character punching fast.... :-/

And yes, since Surfer (who can be argued to be more powerful as well as being able to take the majority from Superman even w/o weakness exploit) lost to the Runner with ease, it CAN be argued that Runner is easily well above Superman in power.

What showing are YOU basing Superman's wins from?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree dude... somebody flying at faster than light speeds and dodging stuff while firing blast back and hitting multiple targets.. isn't combat speed... :facepalm:

Spire
Rage: Just because there aren't any recent Thor threads that you like, doesn't mean you should go about trolling Surfer threads. Shoo, Thorboy (Thor is stil my no.1 favorite character so <3 )!

You mean Surfer blitzing entire space battle fleets before they can react or when he blitzes speedblitzers (like Nova) ISN'T some sort of combat speed?

It's funny that ppl sometimes only consider "combat speed" as a character punching fast.... :-/

And yes, since Surfer (who can be argued to be more powerful as well as being able to take the majority from Superman even w/o weakness exploit) lost to the Runner with ease, it CAN be argued that Runner is easily well above Superman in power.

What showing are YOU basing Superman's wins from?

Was that to fast for you?

First, punching fast is combat speed. I'm sorry that you are in denial.

Second, all Runner did was use combat speed and overpower Surfer. To think that Superman would be incapable of doing the same is retarded. Trolling that 'Runner stomps Superman because he beat Surfer' is even more retarded.

This board is in definite need of an account freeze until posters pass a basic reading comprehension and critical thinking skills test.

D_Dude1210
Was that to fast for you?

First, punching fast is combat speed. I'm sorry that you are in denial.

Second, all Runner did was use combat speed and overpower Surfer. To think that Superman would be incapable of doing the same is retarded. Trolling that 'Runner stomps Superman because he beat Surfer' is even more retarded.

This board is in definite need of an account freeze until posters pass a basic reading comprehension and critical thinking skills test.

Wow. What's up with you? Rage out much?

Lol @ your definition of combat speed. That it? That your whole argument? :-/

Surfer has combat speed feats, deal with it. :-/ Just because they don't show him punching fast (w/c he doesn't do), doesn't mean he can't move fast in a fight. Seriously, is that your ONLY definition of how someone can move fast in a fight?

Lesseee, Runner tanked the Surfer's PC blasts with a smile, overpowered the Surfer strength-wise and showed an obvious speed advantage to the Surfer. Has a face beam that can KO the Surfer annnd has an aura that makes ppl who hesitate (like Superman) hesitate even more.

Surfer can arguably take the majority from Superman even w/o weakness exploit. And you think Superman can take the majority from someone who schooled the Surfer with ease?

What's too hard to understand here?

The only thing that limits the Runner is his limited showings, the guy has almost no low showings to speak of.

Do you even HAVE an argument here or is beating on your chest and acting all angry the only thing you got?

Spire
Wow. What's up with you? Rage out much?

Lol @ your definition of combat speed. That it? That your whole argument? :-/

Surfer has combat speed feats, deal with it. :-/ Just because they don't show him punching fast (w/c he doesn't do), doesn't mean he can't move fast in a fight. Seriously, is that your ONLY definition of how someone can move fast in a fight?

Lesseee, Runner tanked the Surfer's PC blasts with a smile, overpowered the Surfer strength-wise and showed an obvious speed advantage to the Surfer. Has a face beam that can KO the Surfer annnd has an aura that makes ppl who hesitate (like Superman) hesitate even more.

Surfer can arguably take the majority from Superman even w/o weakness exploit. And you think Superman can take the majority from someone who schooled the Surfer with ease?

What's too hard to understand here?

The only thing that limits the Runner is his limited showings, the guy has almost no low showings to speak of.

Do you even HAVE an argument here or is beating on your chest and acting all angry the only thing you got?

I read your post. Cool stuff. Major props for seeing through my trickery when I posted how this thread was full of lol. I was totally raging and all angry and trying to be super secret and stuff. Still am, and it's ruining my relationships with others.

No need to press me on dealing with Surfer's combat speed, as after thirty seconds or so of solemn contemplation I saw the light. Tom Brevoort, who frequently argues comics with other creators and editors around the Marvel offices, called the best editor in comics by Mark Waid himself, as well as knowing Marvel like Waid knows DC, is nothing but a dirty lying no-good bastard dumb face. So are all those other heinous comic book readers that spout the same unfounded lies as Brevoort. So too the numerous creators and editors that have sired The Silver Surfer books over the years, and worst of them all... Marvel itself for publishing TOHOTMU! I owe a great deal of debt to you for this enlightenment! Many thanks.

Also, I noticed you repeated yourself. Many thanks, as I totally forgot and I just winged it in my previous reply.

I must also give credit where credit's due. The part with '______' can arguably '_______' was just magical. Arguably, I never really gave '______' can arguably '_______' the time of day. I always assumed that, arguably, everything could be argued and that it was pointless to try and bolster an argument with. However, no more!

D_Dude1210
I read your post. Cool stuff. Major props for seeing through my trickery when I posted how this thread was full of lol. I was totally raging and all angry and trying to be super secret and stuff. Still am, and it's ruining my relationships with others.

I hear anger management classes do wonders at fixing those kinds of anger issues. I'm sure the ladies don't find comic raging an attractive character trait in most cultures (well not the ladies under 300 lbs, anyway) so I'm sure with a little counseling, your luck with the ladies is sure to improve!! big grin

Good luck, buddy! We're all rooting for you!!

thumb up

No need to press me on dealing with Surfer's combat speed, as after thirty seconds or so of solemn contemplation I saw the light. Tom Brevoort, who frequently argues comics with other creators and editors around the Marvel offices, called the best editor in comics by Mark Waid himself, as well as knowing Marvel like Waid knows DC, is nothing but a dirty lying no-good bastard dumb face. So are all those other heinous comic book readers that spout the same unfounded lies as Brevoort. So too the numerous creators and editors that have sired The Silver Surfer books over the years, and worst of them all... Marvel itself for publishing TOHOTMU! I owe a great deal of debt to you for this enlightenment! Many thanks.

Yeah, editor comments really aren't admissible as be-all, end-all truth here in the forums, buddy. This is a debting forum and we don't go "but X said Y so it HAS to be the truth and we should ignore the showings/feats that run contrary to it!!". Name dropping is usually the recourse of the desperate who doesn't have an argument to speak of, but I'm sure you already know that.

And what about TOHOTMU? We don't really use handbooks as evidence here. Only the really bad debaters do so, but they're eventually schooled out of it. But I'm sure you already know that, too.

Also, I noticed you repeated yourself. Many thanks, as I totally forgot and I just winged it in my previous reply.

Not sure what you mean by that, but if it's about the fact that I repeated my previous post on why the Runner wins, then yeah, I felt that a little reiteration was needed here in order to get my point across as you seem to have forgotten to address that specific issue.

I must also give credit where credit's due. The part with '______' can arguably '_______' was just magical. Arguably, I never really gave '______' can arguably '_______' the time of day. I always assumed that, arguably, everything could be argued and that it was pointless to try and bolster an argument with. However, no more!

You're welcome. It's nice that to see that some ppl can still learn something.

Spire
I hear anger management classes do wonders at fixing those kinds of anger issues. I'm sure the ladies don't find comic raging an attractive character trait in most cultures (well not the ladies under 300 lbs, anyway) so I'm sure with a little counseling, your luck with the ladies is sure to improve!! big grin

Good luck, buddy! We're all rooting for you!!

thumb up

You are horrible at this. Just stick to being a Marvel internet warrior.

Yeah, editor comments really aren't admissible as be-all, end-all truth here in the forums, buddy. This is a debting forum and we don't go "but X said Y so it HAS to be the truth and we should ignore the showings/feats that run contrary to it!!". Name dropping is usually the recourse of the desperate who doesn't have an argument to speak of, but I'm sure you already know that.

And what about TOHOTMU? We don't really use handbooks as evidence here. Only the really bad debaters do so, but they're eventually schooled out of it. But I'm sure you already know that, too.

facepalm

Woooooosh! Right through the ears...

Regarding comics and the people who read them, create and edit them, and even publish official information books about the intellectual properties that populate them have made clear that Silver Surfer does not have combat super speed.

What happens at KMC is irrelevant to the point.

There must be something seriously wrong with you can not comprehend such a very, very, very, very simple concept.

Not sure what you mean by that, but if it's about the fact that I repeated my previous post on why the Runner wins, then yeah, I felt that a little reiteration was needed here in order to get my point across as you seem to have forgotten to address that specific issue.

Correction: You repeated what you said because you are full of shit and have no counter-points to my response so you start the infinite troll loop.

And yes, since Surfer lost to the Runner with ease, it CAN be argued that Runner is easily well above Superman in power.

Runner tanked the Surfer's PC blasts with a smile, overpowered the Surfer strength-wise and showed an obvious speed advantage to the Surfer. Has a face beam that can KO the Surfer annnd has an aura that makes ppl who hesitate (like Superman) hesitate even more...And you think Superman can take the majority from someone who schooled the Surfer with ease?

You're welcome. It's nice that to see that some ppl can still learn something.

I have also learned that you have the reasoning skills of a 12 year-old.

D_Dude1210
You are horrible at this. Just stick to being a Marvel internet warrior.

Relaaaaax, sonny. No one is trying to take your Superman doll away. Breathe deeply a few times and calm down.

facepalm

Woooooosh! Right through the ears...

Regarding comics and the people who read them, create and edit them, and even publish official information books about the intellectual properties that populate them have made clear that Silver Surfer does not have combat super speed.

What happens at KMC is irrelevant to the point.

Except that KMC is a different medium than actual comics with a different set of rules that allow for showings/feats to be debated differently than in comics. In actual comics, for example, the Surfer would no doubt try to engage Superman in H2H to allow for a better story to be written. Same cannot be said for a forum fight.

What's hard to understand about that?

There must be something seriously wrong with you can not comprehend such a very, very, very, very simple concept.

I read it again and fail to see where you made a point there.

All you said was that the Runner blitzed and physically overpowered the Surfer (you forgot to mention the fact that he took a direct PC blast from the Surfer with ease) and you see this as something entirely possible for Superman to do.

I happen to disagree.

If you wanna debate a Superman vs Surfer thread, go ahead. But enough ppl agree that in a Superman vs Surfer fight, Surfer would take a majority. But that's a different debate altogether.

Surfer was schooled by the Runner, power-wise, strength-wise, speed-wise and durability-wise. If you happen to believe that Superman can do the same, up to you.

Beyond that, I don't see how you made even an iota of a point other than making urself look like an angry 2 year old.

Correction: You repeated what you said because you are full of shit and have no counter-points to my response so you start the infinite troll loop.

If you read my points and actually open your mind instead of raging you'll understand that I DID make a counter-argument and used feats to make a point.

I have also learned that you have the reasoning skills of a 12 year-old.

And you, sir have the temperament of a 2 year old.

Spire
Except that KMC is a different medium than actual comics with a different set of rules that allow for showings/feats to be debated differently than in comics. In actual comics, for example, the Surfer would no doubt try to engage Superman in H2H to allow for a better story to be written. Same cannot be said for a forum fight.

What's hard to understand about that?

Fail.

KMC is irrelevant to comics. The point withstands.

I read it again and fail to see where you made a point there.

All you said was that the Runner blitzed and physically overpowered the Surfer (you forgot to mention the fact that he took a direct PC blast from the Surfer with ease) and you see this as something entirely possible for Superman to do.

facepalm

I happen to disagree.

....with the point I made... but didn't make... ... . ?

-Pr-
Spire, you need to bring it down a notch. Don't make it personal, please.

Philosophía
Too much to read, but the essentials are that Superman wins; because he's at least as fast and strong, durable enough to tank everything Runner has shown and with a mental resistence that allows him to easily overcome the, quite frankly, irrelevant emotion control ability. Or perhaps Superman beats him down with a smile on his face. smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>