Spidey's powers for sale!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
So let's say a wizard from the marvel dimension came and offered you the chance at having one of spiderman's powers. Which one would you choose to keep?:

Spider strength
super agility
super reflexes
spider sense
super speed(well as fast as spiderman can go)

Scarlet315
i almost forgot to add wall crawling.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Scarlet315
So let's say a wizard from the marvel dimension came and offered you the chance at having one of spiderman's powers. Which one would you choose to keep?:

Spider strength
super agility
super reflexes
spider sense
super speed(well as fast as spiderman can go) spider strength

Blair Wind
Spider Sense. While the others are not attainable, you could always work your way to be as fast/strong/agile as you can make yourself, but Spider Sense is a hack power you cant hope to attain.

Or Wall Crawling. That would just be for fun.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Spider Sense. While the others are not attainable, you could always work your way to be as fast/strong/agile as you can make yourself, but Spider Sense is a hack power you cant hope to attain.

Or Wall Crawling. That would just be for fun. spidersense doesn't seem to be much use imo

SquallX
Definitely Spider sense. The fact i can sense any harm to my person would be ****ing epic. Especially in a fight.

Bouboumaster
Spider strenght. The sense would be ****ing useless in a fight, since I would only have to tag one time to completly destroy my opponent. Just imagine what kind of thing you'd be able to do with the ability to banch press 10 or 15 tons.

Starscream M
Originally posted by SquallX
Definitely Spider sense. The fact i can sense any harm to my person would be ****ing epic. Especially in a fight. without his agility, durability, or strenght...spidersense would be of little use other than elongating the fight

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Starscream M
without his agility, durability, or strenght...spidersense would be of little use other than elongating the fight

If its a fight scenario, learning a martial art could give you the win.

But really, it would let you know when danger is coming your way, when someone is lying (I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen), would be useful, not as overtly as the others, but useful in sports. Imagine being a wide receiver or a quarterback who always knows when someone is just about to tackle them and so you move out the way.

byrdgang21
Spider sense would be some what useless if you don't have super speed or agility go with it. Why would you want to you bout get hit with a sucker punch but can't react fast enough and still get hit anyway.

Starscream M
If its a fight scenario, learning a martial art could give you the win.

But really, it would let you know when danger is coming your way, when someone is lying (I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen), would be useful, not as overtly as the others, but useful in sports. Imagine being a wide receiver or a quarterback who always knows when someone is just about to tackle them and so you move out the way. and in our own lives, how many lies do we encounter that would actually threaten our lives....very few, if any

we don't get athletic skills...an average person with spidersense would not become some great quarterback or widereceiver...also I don't really see that sense even helping much as the qb and wr both are usually aware of such danger anyways

I just find spidersense quite useless without spiderman's other attributes...ie agility reflexes, durability, strength

whereas his strength is immediately useful....I can immediately become world famous and superrich

rotiart
What about spidermans durability? Remember when that thug tried to punch spiderman and darn near broke his hand?

Think of the movie kickass.. You'd have crazy lasting ability in any fight... The kind of strength you would need to win a fight isnt much. When the opponent can't really hurt you.

Blair Wind
Eh. Thinking about it, the strength is immediately useful.

Starscream M
Originally posted by rotiart
What about spidermans durability? Remember when that thug tried to punch spiderman and darn near broke his hand?

Think of the movie kickass.. You'd have crazy lasting ability in any fight... The kind of strength you would need to win a fight isnt much. When the opponent can't really hurt you. but why would you be in fights anyways? if you aren't getting in fights now...whats the point of getting a power solely to get into fights?

Starscream M
Eh. Thinking about it, the strength is immediately useful. you can impress the shit out of girls at the very least big grin

Digi
Imagination, people. I'd be a millionaire with spider-sense, and possibly one of the most influential people on the planet. It works on a LOT more than just physical danger.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Digi
Imagination, people. I'd be a millionaire with spider-sense, and possibly one of the most influential people on the planet. It works on a LOT more than just physical danger.

thumb up

Its the long running option. How would you use it exactly?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Digi
Imagination, people. I'd be a millionaire with spider-sense, and possibly one of the most influential people on the planet. It works on a LOT more than just physical danger. elaborate...

not that I doubt you, but getting rich with spider-sense would prob be far more involved and long road than spider strength

-Pr-
Spider Sense, easily.

rotiart
I wonder if my spidersense would warn me away from buying bad stock... Like say apple stock right before Steve jobs got sick and the stock dropped five points. :-P

Cards? Betting on your full house when another player is playing quads? Hrm... I can see spider sense coming in useful then.... Ultimate poker player?

But I mean if either was true... Doesn't Ben Grimm and company throw poker games? Wouldn't Peter win them all if his powers worked like that?

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Spider Sense, easily. why? how would you use it?

-Pr-
why? how would you use it?

It's a limited form of clairvoyance/precognition. It has tons of applications.

Starscream M
It has tons of applications. such as?

-Pr-
such as?

It would help me in: Fights, sports, to see in the dark, and can even function like Daredevil's radar sense at times.

i could become a world class athlete. i could work as a security contractor.

and if blair is right, the detection of lying is a huge bonus.

Starscream M
It would help me in: Fights, sports, to see in the dark, and can even function like Daredevil's radar sense at times.

i could become a world class athlete. i could work as a security contractor.

and if blair is right, the detection of lying is a huge bonus. regarding its application in fights and sports...I still think it isn't useful without spidey's enhanced reflexes/speed. its really the reaction speed that helps spidey take advantage of his spidey sense.

the ninjak
Spidersense works with lying??????????????

World Poker Tour here I come.
Or just play dice jeez I'm rich y'all.

SamZED
With ss you could win every blackjack game and become a millionare. Pete said that but ofcourse never uses the power this way.

the ninjak
Blackjack yeah.

And you'll know when security go a bead on you so you can gather your winnings and leave.

Plus once you made your cuple of million in a week you can use your powers for good as a profiler for the police.

"Did you kill your wife"
"No"
"Liar"

-Pr-
regarding its application in fights and sports...I still think it isn't useful without spidey's enhanced reflexes/speed. its really the reaction speed that helps spidey take advantage of his spidey sense.

if you have standard human reflexes, you'd still be able to effectively sense and avoid plenty of danger. Plus, the spider sense can move you by itself.

rotiart
Does anyone have proof the spidersense works with lying? I'm not really a fan but nothing comes to mind about his spidersense working like that

SamZED
Yes, but it depends on the type of the lie. If someone's lying to lead him into a trap or to do something "evil" the ss would go off, there are lots of examples. But I doubt he can sense it when someone is just spewing bs for the sake of bs.

StyleTime
Honestly, any of his abilities would be a good pick in real life(minus wallcrawling I guess). That said, I'd go with the reflexes or the spider sense first.

Either could be used to get rich fairly quickly. You could be the best fighter the world has ever known, if you wanted.

King Castle
Originally posted by SamZED
Yes, but it depends on the type of the lie. If someone's lying to lead him into a trap or to do something "evil" the ss would go off, there are lots of examples. But I doubt he can sense it when someone is just spewing bs for the sake of bs. its not a lie if you believe it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

i once traveled to the moon and back in under 7 seconds.

spider sense proof me wrong, if it didnt go off then it wasnt a lie. wink

SamZED
Originally posted by King Castle
its not a lie if you believe it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

i once traveled to the moon and back in under 7 seconds.

spider sense proof me wrong, if it didnt go off then it wasnt a lie. wink I always keep that in mind. evil face big grin

Black bolt z
I'd like to say spider sense.

But the ways I would be able to use it effectively would be complicated. For example to use it in a fight I would need speed, agility etc... equal to spider man. I also see how it could get you rich but that would take a long time.

Super strength is just about the simplest thing you can choose.

SamZED
ss should be effective in a fight either way. Imagine you knew every attack coming before it was thrown and even had ss guide your body to dodge it. Super speed or no you'd be hard to hit. Refexes would be awesome too. Seeing danger cming in slow mo..

Black bolt z
Originally posted by SamZED
ss should be effective in a fight either way. Imagine you knew every attack coming before it was thrown and even had ss guide your body to dodge it. Super speed or no you'd be hard to hit. Refexes would be awesome too. Seeing danger cming in slow mo.. Yes but the spider sense works good for spidey because he has reflexes. For example the spider sense that lets him see where a bullet is going to be shot isn't going to be any good if hes not fast enough to get out of the way.

King Castle
spider sense tingling

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FPAetrvLhD4/TFAX9BVWZLI/AAAAAAAABFE/9h_LO16aC8I/s1600/Marvel+Adventures+Spider-Man+%233+021.jpg

StyleTime
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Yes but the spider sense works good for spidey because he has reflexes. For example the spider sense that lets him see where a bullet is going to be shot isn't going to be any good if hes not fast enough to get out of the way.
Wait. Why are you getting shot at?

Having spider sense doesn't mean you have to go fight crime. Dodging other humans doesn't require Spiderman level reflexes.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by StyleTime
Wait. Why are you getting shot at?

Having spider sense doesn't mean you have to go fight crime. Dodging other humans doesn't require Spiderman level reflexes. Not nessicarily but I just see the methods of using the SS being much more complicated then super strength.

Lord_Talron
wall crawling. just way too cool to pass up

King Castle
here you go

http://www.athletiquest.com/images/rock-climbing-wall.jpg

glad i could help bring joy and make some ones dream a reality

Bouboumaster
With spider-strenght, you'd be billionaire in one year.

Just imagine that: you'd throw the fastest ball, land the strongest punch, have the best slap-shot, etc. You'd be a monster whatever the sport you play. If you become a pitcher, you might have the ability to throw the ball with a speed in the four digits. You'd won every single boxing match ever. If you're thing is hockey, a team just need you and a good goaler. If you play football, on the offense line, you can be alone too.

You would be litteraly a god.

King Castle
only 80 yr old baseball player not yet retired.

the ninjak
So his SS only works with lying if danger is involved...
So it's useless.

Spider Agility ain't good if you don't have the Strenth and Durability to land jumps. You'll break your bones.

Spider Strength is the best. Arm Wrestling contests. Wrestling hero. Score any chick in a bar.

Tha C-Master
Meh using powers just to get rich, nothing wrong with it, that's the least of my worries It isn't that hard to do.

I was thinking about the Spider-Sense, and it might not apply to the real world, but then you have things like driving, walking on slippery areas, snow, everything else. Although if you had strength and durability it would help. Speed would be nice too.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by King Castle
here you go

http://www.athletiquest.com/images/rock-climbing-wall.jpg

glad i could help bring joy and make some ones dream a reality thats not an 80 story sky scraper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.