Team JLA Vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Fight takes place from earth to the moon.
Can only BFR as far as the moon.

The team consists of...

Superman
Orion
Green Lantern (Hal)
Wonder Woman (classic)
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Flash
Red Tornado

SquallX
Do you know how dangerous Fire Storm is. It's believe hes the trigger to the big bang.

Black bolt z
JLA stomp.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by SquallX
Do you know how dangerous Fire Storm is. It's believe hes the trigger to the big bang.

so ure saying
Firestorm > Thanos?

=P

PillarofOsiris
This is a massacre. What do you have against Thanos?

paisapower
Thanos only chance to make it out of this is to play dead

TheTyrant
Thanos wins.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
This is a massacre. What do you have against Thanos?

lol
got nothing against him.
just wondering where u guys think he stands on the food chain.

Happy Dance

SquallX
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
lol
got nothing against him.
just wondering where u guys think he stands on the food chain.

Happy Dance

Honest;y he's a decent character. 1 on 1 he stands, or beat most of them, but get wreck against all of them.

The only one i see wank him is Quanchi, to him just because he's the avatar of Death is a big deal.

It's like me saying Superman is unbeatable because he's sometimes refer too, as the strongest being around.

Desaad

Yeah, but that doesn't mean he can direct that power, just that the nature of his power could set off a chain reaction to destroy the universe.

What I mean is I don't think he's going to be directing universe destroying energies at anyone anytime soon.

batdude123
Indeed. I mean, who does he think he is, Captain Atom?

TheTyrant
just because he's the avatar of Death is a big deal.

Thanos beating the Maker who according to Gladiator was the most powerful being the known universe is a big deal too. This team doesn't even win once against Thanos.

Desaad
Originally posted by batdude123
Indeed. I mean, who does he think he is, Captain Atom?

Unbelievably, Captain Atom has probably the biggest, most impressive, most consistent capacity for universe destroying of any 'normal' character ever.

He created and destroyed universes at the end of his own series, during the arc written by John Ostrander, after finding out that he's a quantum elemental (leading up to his aborted turn as Monarch).

He destroyed the Wildstorm universe in Armageddon.

And then he destroyed one of the 52 universes as Monarch in Countdown.

Pretty ridic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It would be tough for Thanos to win... but honestly.. a lot of these fools are 1 - 3 shot.

paisapower
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Thanos beating the Maker who according to Gladiator was the most powerful being the known universe is a big deal too. This team doesn't even win once against Thanos.

Wasnt the maker going through a mental breakdown and because of that severely compromised ?

Desaad

Who did the Maker beat as the Maker? Because from what I saw she got taken out by Oracle, a relatively low level telepath.

celeyhyga17
Honest;y he's a decent character. 1 on 1 he stands, or beat most of them, but get wreck against all of them.

The only one i see wank him is Quanchi, to him just because he's the avatar of Death is a big deal.

It's like me saying Superman is unbeatable because he's sometimes refer too, as the strongest being around.

wanking aside, you gotta give Thanos more credit than that. 1 v 1 he beats all of them. he's on another level. I'm not saying the team can't win, but he's beyond herald.

SquallX

Fine then, you want to go that route of reasoning.

Superman beating Imperiex Prime, the wielder of the big bang, said to destroy universe, and reshaping them in his image.

Orion beating Darkseid, and forget about that stupid prophecy, especially when Darkseid boast he's the most powerful of all.

Firestorm is said to be the trigger to the next big bang.

Martian Manhunter is said to be able to mind rape on a Universal scale.

So what's you're point.

SquallX
wanking aside, you gotta give Thanos more credit than that. 1 v 1 he beats all of them. he's on another level. I'm not saying the team can't win, but he's beyond herald.

Not denying or taking away Thanos deads. But from the little i've read of him, he's always had an external help. Especially when he's facing more than one power house.

KuRuPT Thanosi
MM mind raping Thanos BWAHAHAHHAHAAHA

Superman beat Imperiex all by his lonesome?

Orion has also lost to Seid more time than he has beaten him.. not a good example

Firestorm would probably be one shot and lack significance in this fight.

The team could win, but so could Thanos. Either way there is a pile of bodies on the ground

celeyhyga17
Not denying or taking away Thanos deads. But from the little i've read of him, he's always had an external help. Especially when he's facing more than one power house.

let's put it this way.
how long do you think each one of the team can last against Odin 1 v 1 ?

cool

You are selling Mr. Ugly face short here me thinks.
Still not saying team loses. stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
MM mind raping Thanos BWAHAHAHHAHAAHA

Superman beat Imperiex all by his lonesome?

Orion has also lost to Seid more time than he has beaten him.. not a good example

Firestorm would probably be one shot and lack significance in this fight.

The team could win, but so could Thanos. Either way there is a pile of bodies on the ground

Lawl with your "Either way there is a pile of bodies on the ground."

hehehe.

King Castle
i could see Thanos one shotting a few of these fools and even raising up a shield during battle but i also see one of them cheap shotting him once the gloves are off after thanos kills, Flash, red tornado , Fire storm..

Thanos would have to go all out and not screw around to make it to the best fighters who may be immune to his most exoctic attacks which he wont even run through them all before his shield shatters, Wonder woman superman or orion tackle him and open up a can of whoop @$$..

in my scenario superman, GL, Flash, Firestorm, go down before Thanos gets his poop pushed in by Wonder woman strangling him with her lasso, Orion punching him back and fourth and MM phasing through his head...

KuRuPT Thanosi
edit

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by King Castle
i could see Thanos one shotting a few of these fulls and even raising up a shield during battle but i also see one of them cheapshotting him once the gloves are off after thanos kills, Flash, red tornado , Fire storm..

Thanos would have to go all out and not screw around to make it to the best fighters who may be immune to his most exoctic attacks which he wont even run through them all before his shield shatters, Wonder woman superman or orion tackle him and open up a can of whoop @$$..

in my scenario superman, GL, Flash, Firestorm, go down before Thanos gets his poop pushed in by Wonder woman strangling him with her lasso, Orion punching him back and fourth and MM phasing through his head...

hmm.. I'm confused here. How does he get his poop pushed in if Wondy is strangling him with her lasso? Shouldn't the poop go out the other way?

laughing

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree with some of King Castle post.. except the part of WW being any significance in this fight... she is one of the first to go down.

King Castle
I agree with some of King Castle post.. except the part of WW being any significance in this fight... she is one of the first to go down. Bull, she is a warrior trained with her bracers blocking his blast.. if anything superman would be the least significant due to his CIS personality and would be as much responsible as Thanos when his team mates go down..

anyways.. Thanos does his Time mind Sync Warp for the win.

the team better take him down before he solos with said attack roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7457/syn17gq.jpg

paisapower
Whats this, the mental plane ?

Sirius77
LMAO @ that last panel.

Seriously though, the team has a good chance at beating thanos, but Flash isn't going to be fodder. I see the people that have no choice but to fight thanos h2h getting beaten eventually, but the long range attackers will be the ones that will stay awake.

Jla wins imo.

keiththegreat
Thanos is not one shoting Firestorm. And to one shot the Flash you have to hit him first, and with no bad writing, PIS, etc, Thanos isn't coming close to hitting the Flash if the Flash is going all out. Thanos will get hit by an infinite mass punch from the flash and 100 reality shattering/planet busting punches from superman and could be speed blitzed from others on this team too. If the team is going all out, Thanos doesn't even have time to react before he is speed blitzed from every direction. (and MM uses telepathy to coordinate the attack as well).

This isn't even taking Orion into account and his box.

This fight is a complete curbstomp bording on spite.

King Castle
we dont use PIS but we do Use CIS here.. so i dont see any character operating differently then they normally would due to morals and overall limited knowledge of their opponents

Black bolt z
Thanos beating the Maker who according to Gladiator was the most powerful being the known universe is a big deal too. This team doesn't even win once against Thanos. no expression. Context tyrant context.

paisapower
Seems that Thanos is a big looser in this one

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thanos is not one shoting Firestorm. And to one shot the Flash you have to hit him first, and with no bad writing, PIS, etc, Thanos isn't coming close to hitting the Flash if the Flash is going all out. Thanos will get hit by an infinite mass punch from the flash and 100 reality shattering/planet busting punches from superman and could be speed blitzed from others on this team too. If the team is going all out, Thanos doesn't even have time to react before he is speed blitzed from every direction. (and MM uses telepathy to coordinate the attack as well).

Firestorm would be one shot. I'm curious though.. what feats of firestorm give you the impression that he could last with Thanos?

Please list for me the fights where Flash has used infinite mass punches right away to an opponent he's never facced before. Hopefully this "person" is on or around Thanos level as well. Please tell me the times this has occcured.

Supes is taken out in one or two shots by Thanos and again won't be blizting like you're claiming. If you have any scans of Supes super speed blizting an opponent right away that he's never met before.

Please list for me those times and we'll see if this is a likely scenerio

-Pr-
Supes is taken out in one or two shots by Thanos and again won't be blizting like you're claiming.

surely you jest?

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
surely you jest?

I very much hope so, Thanos would take some time to beat Superman in most cases.

KuRuPT Thanosi
surely you jest?

It really depends on how serious Thanos gets right away.. We've seen him ONE shot KILL High Heralds previously. His weakest version to date One shot killed Warlock. Recently when he was pissed he one shot killed Drax (Avatar of life). IF he's that serious.. I certainly don't jest and Supes is 2 or 3 shot at the most. If he's not serious and clowing on people... I would say about 7 should do the trick. The point is neither Flash nor Supes have attacked an opponent they have never faced before with a super speed blitz right away at full power. Please show me them EVER doing so and we'll go from there.

Originally posted by keiththegreat

nah

Team still wins, some of them die.

Bentley
It really depends on how serious Thanos gets right away.. We've seen him ONE shot KILL High Heralds previously. His weakest version to date One shot killed Warlock. Recently when he was pissed he one shot killed Drax (Avatar of life). IF he's that serious.. I certainly don't jest and Supes is 2 or 3 shot at the most. If he's not serious and clowing on people... I would say about 7 should do the trick. The point is neither Flash nor Supes have attacked an opponent they have never faced before with a super speed blitz right away at full power. Please show me them EVER doing so and we'll go from there.

Not per se disagreeing with your reasoning, I just want to point out that neither the TI version or Drax nor Warlock have a tenth of Superman's durability. You can make an argument of when Thanos killed Surfer though...

It really depends on how serious Thanos gets right away.. We've seen him ONE shot KILL High Heralds previously. His weakest version to date One shot killed Warlock. Recently when he was pissed he one shot killed Drax (Avatar of life). IF he's that serious.. I certainly don't jest and Supes is 2 or 3 shot at the most. If he's not serious and clowing on people... I would say about 7 should do the trick. The point is neither Flash nor Supes have attacked an opponent they have never faced before with a super speed blitz right away at full power. Please show me them EVER doing so and we'll go from there. well drax is just a meta and as far as we know being the avatar of life is just symbolic, he doenst have special powers because of that. AW was powerfull indeed, but not the most durable of the heralds. thanos performances against SS are more impressive and a better indication he shouldnt take too long to pummel SM down.

celeyhyga17
Thanos can 2-3 shot heralds since he's done that in the past, but he ain't catching Clark with more than one beastly shot that easily. By the time Supes feels one of Thanos's attack, he can go evasive/defensive faster than you can think. He's too smart for that. I find it hard for Thanos to take Supes down that easily.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Bentley
Not per se disagreeing with your reasoning, I just want to point out that neither the TI version or Drax nor Warlock have a tenth of Superman's durability. You can make an argument of when Thanos killed Surfer though... Originally posted by 753
well drax is just a meta and as far as we know being the avatar of life is just symbolic, he doenst have special powers because of that. AW was powerfull indeed, but not the most durable of the heralds. thanos performances against SS are more impressive and a better indication he shouldnt take too long to pummel SM down.

Well you both touched on a point that I brought up.. I just didn't expand upon it because its has been brought up ad nausea (I refereced 7 punches - which is what it took to kill Surfer) However, for that battle he wasn't taking Surfer serious and letting him attack him and let him get back up. So that isn't Thanos getting serious imo, and it's been brought up too much. I think killing Warlock, Drax & Phyla make this point clear. Thanos has the power to one shot kill heralds. Supes and flash.. never have done such a thing (villian or otherwise) Granted they are heroes.. but they still haven't.

Now, Drax is no Meta.. and I think you should take a look at the tiers thread again... Thanos previously has been shown to fight drax and exchange punches.. blasts.. etc etc.. but Dumb Drax or Drax wasn't killed. Yet when Thanos was enraged by being rejected by death.. He was shot killed Drax with ease while weakened. Same with Phyla. I don't know how the Avatar of life doesn't come with any special powers? Certainly you jest. Tha would be illogical for that to be the case. Granted we don't know what powers were bestowed on either Thanos or Drax... but hey certainly got something as they were being empowered and granted such title by abstracts.

celeyhyga17
Well you both touched on a point that I brought up.. I just didn't expand upon it because its has been brought up ad nausea (I refereced 7 punches - which is what it took to kill Surfer) However, for that battle he wasn't taking Surfer serious and letting him attack him and let him get back up. So that isn't Thanos getting serious imo, and it's been brought up too much. I think killing Warlock, Drax & Phyla make this point clear. Thanos has the power to one shot kill heralds. Supes and flash.. never have done such a thing (villian or otherwise) Granted they are heroes.. but they still haven't.

Now, Drax is no Meta.. and I think you should take a look at the tiers thread again... Thanos previously has been shown to fight drax and exchange punches.. blasts.. etc etc.. but Dumb Drax or Drax wasn't killed. Yet when Thanos was enraged by being rejected by death.. He was shot killed Drax with ease while weakened. Same with Phyla. I don't know how the Avatar of life doesn't come with any special powers? Certainly you jest. Tha would be illogical for that to be the case. Granted we don't know what powers were bestowed on either Thanos or Drax... but hey certainly got something as they were being empowered and granted such title by abstracts.

I think you're wrong about Drax. I believe it was stated in either Annihilation or Annihilation Nova that he is not the same in terms of power.

Now, Drax is no Meta.. and I think you should take a look at the tiers thread again... Thanos previously has been shown to fight drax and exchange punches.. blasts.. etc etc.. but Dumb Drax or Drax wasn't killed. Yet when Thanos was enraged by being rejected by death.. He was shot killed Drax with ease while weakened. Same with Phyla. I don't know how the Avatar of life doesn't come with any special powers? Certainly you jest. Tha would be illogical for that to be the case. Granted we don't know what powers were bestowed on either Thanos or Drax... but hey certainly got something as they were being empowered and granted such title by abstracts. the original drax was a powerhouse in the herald class. but the intelligent skinny drax that emerged in annihilation prologue was just a meta in terms of power level. stayed that way all throughout annihilation, conquest and GoG. he relied on tactics, weaponry and extreme h2h expertise. Well, as i understand it, thanos got to be rejected by death, which makes him immortal, but no specific power amp was ever mentioned. drax never displayed any special powers either, except for the green energy signature that apparently hacked thanos's defenses and let him tear his heart out (which I believe was the way he was designed by the titans, not some power bestowed upon him by epoch or eternity) but none of this was shown in the TI arc ,he just resorted to prep with a special weapon.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Could you please post for me the relevant scans or quote for me where it says that Drax became at Meta in Annilation? I know his appearance did change and I can see why you came to the conclusions you did. I'm just curious what it says on panel as I haven't read Anni in awhile.

Bentley
Could you please post for me the relevant scans or quote for me where it says that Drax became at Meta in Annilation? I know his appearance did change and I can see why you came to the conclusions you did. I'm just curious what it says on panel as I haven't read Anni in awhile.

Well, it's listed as a 50 tonner somewhere, but I think in his latest bio he was said to be much weaker. If you need feats for consideration on depowering you can just see some of his emblematic fights such as Maelstrom stomping him with and without the Quantum Bands, he being absolutely crushed by Phalanx infected Nova and several of the battles in his original mini implied so too. If you compare this to the guy who was slapping Hulk around and destroying planets/stars it's really a HUGE decrease on power.

(The battle against Nova is in both Drax's and Nova's respect thread)

Edit: I think I have the bio somewhere, but I haven't uploaded the scans.

PillarofOsiris

King Castle
i like to point out that worm holes are somewhat saver for travel and dont have the same negative effects as a black hole.

aside from that superman in that scan had his powers fluctuating to higher lvls and wasnt at his norm during the period of time.

in one of the other scans twin blackhole superman wasnt under the force of both black holes he simply was in sort of safe zone between forces canceling each other out using the bottle neck effect to escape its gravity pull..

the holding a mini black is impressive but not impressive enough since it was a minatuer one no telling how powerful it was comparative to a larger average one.

Thanos has also had other durability feats aside from that black whole from being torn and ripped apart through some universal upheaval maelstrom which he tanked and ignored completely for:

"he is Thanos"

PillarofOsiris
i like to point out that worm holes are somewhat saver for travel and dont have the same negative effects as a black hole.

aside from that superman in that scan had his powers fluctuating to higher lvls and wasnt at his norm during the period of time.

Thanos has also had other durability feats aside from that black whole from being torn and ripped apart through some universal upheaval maelstrom which he tanked and ignored completely for:

"he is Thanos"

Yeah, but Superman has MUCH better durability feats than those as well. I was just trying to find something similar that they both faced.

celeyhyga17

hmm... i just looked over annihilation nova #2 and it does say he's different. doesnt quite say how different, but there were a couple things in the Xandarian Worldmind's data base on him. His DNA has has fundamentally changed. He posseses super str, enhanced endurance and durability. States that he's also extremely skilled in military tactics and H2H combat. We also notice throughout the book that he can't fly.
That's all i got.

stick out tongue

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually, you seem to be under the impression that Superman's durability is greater than Surfer's ( by a lot) and even claim it's greater than Thanos's... I disagree on both accounts.

you seem to forget that Surfer has very very good durability. Sure there are some low showings Karnak (but really that is his speciality and I fully believe could do so to Supes) The Thanos showing isn't low imo because if Thanos punched Supes 7 times, while amping his punches, he would KO Supes easily. However, surfer also has good durability feats as well.. The T&A feat is one that certainly shows his high durability. I would also include taking shots and going toe to toe with Savage Hulk and not showing any signs of damage. Let's also not forget that I've never seen Surfer cut or pierced in anyway. I have seen Supes impaled and cut many a time. To say Supes is far above surfer in the durability department, is well, wrong.

Comparing him to Thanos... nah, I don't even think it's close. Lets referece Konvict one shotting him. Zod one shotting him and breaking his jaw. Despero one shotting him. DS treating him like a fly and swatting him away. Being put down by MM.. How about gas stations.. lol. In all seriousness though... Please reference for me the times Thanos has gotten a broken jaw from a punch or been one shot from a punch. It hasn't EVER happened. He's taken shots from Drax, Hulk, Thor with and without the PG, Magus with the IG, His own more power doppleganger... all these for blunt force trauma and he wasn't ever Ko'd. Piercing those aren't really around either except one incident which stunk like PIS. Besides that.. nada. So he doesn't get cut or damage by blunt force trauma as much as supes.. yet supes is more durable? Maybe you were joking... nah.. it doesn't seem so

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah, but Superman has MUCH better durability feats than those as well. I was just trying to find something similar that they both faced.

See my post above and also remember... That blank hole was CREATED to kill Thanos. Yet him surviving isn't as impressive as Supes being a worm hole (with less effects than a black hole)?

KuRuPT Thanosi
hmm... i just looked over annihilation nova #2 and it does say he's different. doesnt quite say how different, but there were a couple things in the Xandarian Worldmind's data base on him. His DNA has has fundamentally changed. He posseses super str, enhanced endurance and durability. States that he's also extremely skilled in military tactics and H2H combat. We also notice throughout the book that he can't fly.
That's all i got.

stick out tongue

Right but I saw nothing stated on panel that he's now meta and not a herald anymore. I think that is rubbish.

Lord_Talron
miniature black holes are very weak and usually die on their own pretty fast.

mini black holes are created when atoms collide in the hadron collider sometimes. we're still here.

Bentley
Right but I saw nothing stated on panel that he's now meta and not a herald anymore. I think that is rubbish.

To be fair, new Drax is stated to be a new characters and has no feats or whatsoever to put him in the herald category. I mean, he was manhandled by Nova, Maelstrom, the Matriarch, he admitted some random Luminals could be a problem for him, he was unable to break from a random quantum construct and he got ohkoed by Gladiator's half-_ssed speed blitz. None of those things allow him to be anywhere close to the herald category...

Utrigita

I'll take Galactus word over Gladiators any day of the week, and to Galactus Tenebrous and Aegis was more dangerous to the well being of the universe then the Makers power was.

celeyhyga17

I consider Nova Prime around mid herald. He absolutely embarrassed this Drax. He basically toyed with him. If that's not proof enough i don't know what is. Let's add the other obvious reasons besides his loss in durability and str. He can't fly and can't produce energy based attacks. I've seen the old drax fly in hyperspace, match the hulk in strength, enter a sun without as much as a tickle, and give heralds like the Surfer a handful. There is no way he is a herald.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree he does seem weaker these days.. However, like anything.. these could just be low showings like other characters go through periods of. It could be a permanent downgrade in power. What I'm saying is whether Nova did this or Quasar did that..none of them one shot killed drax while weakened.. which is exactly what thanos did with ease.

PillarofOsiris
See my post above and also remember... That blank hole was CREATED to kill Thanos. Yet him surviving isn't as impressive as Supes being a worm hole (with less effects than a black hole)?

Nice job attacking the wormhole example but ignoring the other two. The scan said MINI BLACK hole. A MINI BLACK HOLE did that to Thanos. And the scan doesn't say the black hole is somehow more powerful because it was made to attack thanos. A mini black hole is a mini black hole. Superman held a mini black hole in his hands.

And there's VITAL information you're leaving out with every single one of those low balling examples with Superman (i.e. the gas station...did you read that comic, and did you know what happened to Superman BEFORE that and that its not even the same Superman as is currently portrayed?). And that's just one example. I might as well bring up the Thing knocking the SS on his ass. And yes, SS has high end feats as well, but mostly against energy attacks and most of it involves what is called "space cheese". His showings are good in space, but when he is on a planet they tend to go WAY down. Also, he didn't look too durable during the god hunter saga. But this is off topic anyway.

And again, I didn't claim Superman > Thanos. I'm saying the difference isn't what everyone seems to think it is.

And this isn't a Superman vs Thanos debate. This is Superman and a pretty powerful team all against Thanos.

Bentley
I agree he does seem weaker these days.. However, like anything.. these could just be low showings like other characters go through periods of. It could be a permanent downgrade in power. What I'm saying is whether Nova did this or Quasar did that..none of them one shot killed drax while weakened.. which is exactly what thanos did with ease.

All of them were toying around with him, it's in the panels. Also, those are average showings, Drax is dead so those are all the showings we're going to get too. (Gladiator did ohko Drax)

celeyhyga17

Thanos had intent to kill Drax. Nova was toying with him, almost pleading for him to stay down. He didn't want to use lethal force on him at all. Drax was severely out classed here.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0011.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0013.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0015.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0016.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/Nova_6_DCP_0019.jpg

no way is Drax herald here.

King Castle
i agree that current Thanos appears weaker simply being lack of re establishing his power set or the writers literally are watering him down but their is no clear cut distinction as of yet. I would still use Thanos at his best but within CIs which is why i see him killing a few of the heralds before going down.

i also have issues with the Superman being better at durability since on average SS is a space dweller dealing with similar phenomenal as Superman if not more so and higher.

iirc when SS was bombarded with the weight of the multiverse which he tanked liquefied under the pressure and then solidified

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nice job attacking the wormhole example but ignoring the other two. The scan said MINI BLACK hole. A MINI BLACK HOLE did that to Thanos. And the scan doesn't say the black hole is somehow more powerful because it was made to attack thanos. A mini black hole is a mini black hole. Superman held a mini black hole in his hands.

And there's VITAL information you're leaving out with every single one of those low balling examples with Superman (i.e. the gas station...did you read that comic, and did you know what happened to Superman BEFORE that and that its not even the same Superman as is currently portrayed?). And that's just one example. I might as well bring up the Thing knocking the SS on his ass. And yes, SS has high end feats as well, but mostly against energy attacks and most of it involves what is called "space cheese". His showings are good in space, but when he is on a planet they tend to go WAY down. Also, he didn't look too durable during the god hunter saga. But this is off topic anyway.

And again, I didn't claim Superman > Thanos. I'm saying the difference isn't what everyone seems to think it is.

And this isn't a Superman vs Thanos debate. This is Superman and a pretty powerful team all against Thanos.

I'm really unclear what you're now saying. You acted like Superman and equivalent durability to Thanos and far superior to that of Surfer.. is this now that your stance?

Furthermore, exactly what was I leaving out of the Konvict and Zod examples? As well as the piercing examples?

PillarofOsiris
I'm really unclear what you're now saying. You acted like Superman and equivalent durability to Thanos and far superior to that of Surfer.. is this now that your stance?

Furthermore, exactly what was I leaving out of the Konvict and Zod examples? As well as the piercing examples?

Well, I'll make it as clear as I can. In my opinion Thanos has better durability than Superman, but not by a lot (and not even really from HIGH END feats...i.e. see Superman taking 50 supernovas: http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/DURABILITY/18eh0.jpg), and Superman has much better durability than the SS. Is my stance clear enough now?

And you still haven't replied to my other 2 black hole examples from Superman, and explained how the MINI-BLACK HOLE that wrecked Thanos was somehow more powerful because it was made to attack Thanos. I didn't see any proof that it bas more powerful than any other mini black hole (such as the one Superman held in his hands and received no damage from).

For every low balling example you gave, many of which were missing context, I can name many more from the SS WITH CONTEXT that make him look very bad.

And if we're going to low ball Superman with him getting knocked out by General Zod (who is A HELL OF A LOT more powerful than the THING who knocked the SS on his ass) then we can also low ball Thanos who was pierced by a street level character and DEFEATED by Squirrel Girl.

But again, we're talking about one character on this team, and there are 3 others (at least) who are each nearly as powerful or just as powerful as Superman. This fight is so lopsided I can't believe anyone is so blinded by fanboyism to think that Thanos can take this even once, nevermind for a majority.

celeyhyga17
is 50x the size of keplers super nova = to the force of 50 supernovas?
hmm.....
any ideas?

PillarofOsiris
is 50x the size of keplers super nova = to the force of 50 supernovas?
hmm.....
any ideas?

Why wouldn't it be?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well, I'll make it as clear as I can. In my opinion Thanos has better durability than Superman, but not by a lot (and not even really from HIGH END feats...i.e. see Superman taking 50 supernovas: http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman/DURABILITY/18eh0.jpg), and Superman has much better durability than the SS. Is my stance clear enough now?

And you still haven't replied to my other 2 black hole examples from Superman, and explained how the MINI-BLACK HOLE that wrecked Thanos was somehow more powerful because it was made to attack Thanos. I didn't see any proof that it bas more powerful than any other mini black hole (such as the one Superman held in his hands and received no damage from).

For every low balling example you gave, many of which were missing context, I can name many more from the SS WITH CONTEXT that make him look very bad.

And if we're going to low ball Superman with him getting knocked out by General Zod (who is A HELL OF A LOT more powerful than the THING who knocked the SS on his ass) then we can also low ball Thanos who was pierced by a street level character and DEFEATED by Squirrel Girl.

But again, we're talking about one character on this team, and there are 3 others (at least) who are each nearly as powerful or just as powerful as Superman. This fight is so lopsided I can't believe anyone is so blinded by fanboyism to think that Thanos can take this even once, nevermind for a majority.

Well it's a little more clear but I still disagree on the Surfer angle of things. I do agree Thanos has better durability than Supes though, so we are on the same page there.

There was nothing to talk about with your black holes example, and in fact, they weren't very compelling at all. First, Thanos wasn't "wrecked" by the black hole like you claim. In fact, he had a few sores and tattered clothes... any lasting damage... none at all. The reason why Thanos surviving it is more impressive is because of Thanos doesn't fly at the speeds Supes does. This is how Supes can go in an out of black holes. When you can travel as fast as supes that makes such an endeavor EXPONENTIONALLY easier than willing yourself out slowly but surely and being exposed to more forces. I won't even comment on mini black holes in Supes hands and that is comical. Do we need to get into the physics of why it's lame?

Right so there wasn't any context left out then.. Good I'm glad we agree as you brought up no context missing. So getting a BROKEN JAW and KO'd by a more powerful Zod is more impressive then just getting knocked down (with NO lasting damage) by the brick Thing. I failed to see how that is more impressive. In fact, it's worse, as I claimed it was.

Lastly, you're forgetting that many of these guys are one - three shot pretty quickly. I'm not saying Thanos wins a majority nor that it would be ease. I do see Thanos getting some victories simply because his firepower is significantly better than anyone on this team.. and his durability is significantly better than anyone on this team. If we are talking about current Thanos.. he would certainly win as he can't die and would just reform. I figured we were talking about pre T.I. Thanos. That thanos.. would indeed have a tough time, but certainly would take some wins.

carver9

Superman didn't hold a black hole in his hand, he held a contained blackhole in his hand.

PillarofOsiris

King Castle
okay this has gone too far with the lowballing.
squirrel girl of all ppl has no place in a forum discussion especially for lowballing

either way it doesnt even matter due to already acknowledging who is physically superior in blunt trauma from herald lvl opponents anything else is simply being pissy.

PillarofOsiris
I will agree one on one Thanos takes anyone on the team. But all of these guys combined is far too much for him.

King Castle
the argument really started when people said he would kill some and yes i believe he could one shot a few under the right condition and if not bludgeon to death with some good handful hits.

Nihilist

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos can and has used omni directional blasts several times that hit groups of people at once.

And laughing out loud at having to use Squirrel Girl as part of your argument, its always a true sign of desperation when people use that.

Actually, if you read the debate, I only brought up squirrel girl in response to the gas station explosion being brought up about Superman. And an omni-directional blast will have to be pretty fast to catch the Flash.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did he actually use Squirrel Girl BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH. The same SG who has never lost EVER? The same SG that easily pwned Big G with ease? Right... what a horrible lose that was... certainly far worse than having your jaw broken by one punch roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nihilist
Actually, if you read the debate, I only brought up squirrel girl in response to the gas station explosion being brought up about Superman. And an omni-directional blast will have to be pretty fast to catch the Flash. I dont know if it will be fast enough to catch Flash, but if he is approaching it i dont think he could viberate through it as Thanos has shown Omni Blasts that have killed the likes of Adam Warlock who had the soul gem and he has fired high concentration gamma radiation omni blasts.

galactusischere

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7457/syn17gq.jpg

Where is that from?

King Castle
flash would get hit b/c he wouldnt see it coming due to the travel speed of light let alone not knowing the attack itself being pulled off.

Nihilist
Originally posted by galactusischere
Where is that from? When Thanos went after the cosmic Cube.

Black bolt z
Were classic drax's eye always red?

King Castle
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Were classic drax's eye always red? mostly.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Nihilist
When Thanos went after the cosmic Cube.

Thanks. It's from Captain Marvel 28 if anyone is wondering.

-Pr-
we dont use PIS but we do Use CIS here.. so i dont see any character operating differently then they normally would due to morals and overall limited knowledge of their opponents

Except that if Thanos did half the shit people are saying he would at the start of the fight, CIS would go right out the window.

They don't need to. Again, as i said, if Thanos one shot anyone on the JLA team, gloves would come off and then stuff like blitzing becomes a very real possibility.

I still don't see him one or two shotting Superman, considering the punishment that man has taken and kept going.

Lord_Talron
thanks for the scan, just supports my opinion of how much a wanker thanos is

King Castle
pr

the JLA are celebrities of their world, thanos has stated on panel he keeps track of earth news and certain individuals..like Doom.

save to say he will know who they are power wise and influence his behavior. he isnt going to stand around to test himself, he has outgrown that Cis of his personality over a decade ago.

-Pr-
pr

the JLA are celebrities of their world, thanos has stated on panel he keeps track of earth news and certain individuals..like Doom.

save to say he will know who they are power wise and influence his behavior. he isnt going to stand around to test himself, he has outgrown that Cis of his personality over a decade ago.

how does them being famous make a difference?

King Castle
he is going to know who they are and how they use their powers.

Thanos aint no idiot wannabe universal maniacal god.

he will fight to the best of his ability escalating the fight faster then the team would vise versa allowing various opportunities to take some down

-Pr-
he is going to know who they are and how they use their powers.

Thanos aint no idiot wannabe universal maniacal god.

he will fight to the best of his ability escalating the fight faster then the team would vise versa allowing various opportunities to take some down

how would he know?

King Castle
umm.. forum rules of general knowledge based on the earth population. confused

-Pr-
umm.. forum rules of general knowledge based on the earth population. confused

yes, general knowledge based on population. it's the basics, nothing more.

it's not a lot.

King Castle
its enough to know who they are and the general powers they have especially when one is a moron enough to do interviews charity event races etc..

thanos is going to know what he is facing with supes, WW,MM, flash and GL.

-Pr-
its enough to know who they are and the general powers they have especially when one is a moron enough to do interviews charity event races etc..

thanos is going to know what he is facing with supes, WW,MM, flash and GL.

he'll know that superman is super strong and can fly. he'll know that flash can run fast. he'll know that gl has a magic ring. it's all very vague, and isn't exactly some tactical advantage.

and they'll get basic knowledge of him too.

plus, he has no prep time.

King Castle
everyone knows that flash can run at the speed of light and has annual type racist for charity..

in turn you cant say the same for Thanos what does the average civilian know about thanos, nothing.

i'm done here

-Pr-
everyone knows that flash can run at the speed of light and has annual type racist for charity..

in turn you cant say the same for Thanos what does the average civilian know about thanos, nothing.

i'm done here

no, they don't know he can run at the speed of light. that's not considered common knowledge.

it isn't just what civilians know. everyone gets basic knowledge of their opponents, be it from civilians or a vague template.

you can't twist it to suit your argument.

Black bolt z
no, they don't know he can run at the speed of light. that's not considered common knowledge.

it isn't just what civilians know. everyone gets basic knowledge of their opponents, be it from civilians or a vague template.

you can't twist it to suit your argument. So you still get information on your opponent even if earth is unaware of them?

-Pr-
So you still get information on your opponent even if earth is unaware of them?

of course.

earth is just the best example we have in most cases.

Black bolt z
of course.

earth is just the best example we have in most cases. How much info would you get?

-Pr-
How much info would you get?

the basics.

if you're fighting juggernaut, he's super strong and durable. if you're fighting gladiator, he can fly, is really strong etc.

if you fight thor, he's a norse god with a hammer, is super strong and can shoot lightning.

flash can run really fast.

and so on and so forth.

King Castle
and what if you are Thanos, Chronos, Meohisto, Count Abyss?

-Pr-
and what if you are Thanos, Chronos, Meohisto, Count Abyss?

again, the basics.

think of the vaguest terms you could use to describe their powers; that's usually what general knowledge is.

Black bolt z
and what if you are Thanos, Chronos, Meohisto, Count Abyss? Thats what I was thinking? Earth has no knowledge of you whatsoever.

Lord_Talron
smh

King Castle
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
smh i know how you feel my friend.

he's gone now. he cant hurt you. its okay sadhug

Lord_Talron
says the pedophile handing me candy and going for my crotch

paisapower

Desaad
He did resist it long enough to close. It was a mini black hole that opened for a second and then closed immediately.

But it's irrelevant to his feats of durability against named foes. Surfer has fought in the center of black holes to -- hell, he's created them -- but it doesn't translate to him being more durable than Thanos, or being able to hurt Thanos.

Green Lanterns regularly travel through black holes, have sealed them on multiple occasions. But I wouldn't bet on one being able to beat Thanos either.

inimalist
Could you please post for me the relevant scans or quote for me where it says that Drax became at Meta in Annilation?

It occurs prior to An. In the 4 issue limited Drax the Destroyer

Basically, Drax comes to earth, gets intelligent, dies, comes back by breaking through the husk of his former corpse and says, straight up, he isn't fully "restored", specifically mentioning "energy stuff". It seems he starts the transformation before he dies, as he begins getting intelligent and has serious head pains. The best theory for why it may have happened is that Drax drank a toxic chemical from the warp drive of a crashed space ship.

Drax 1

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8688/drax01019.jpg

Drax 2

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2111/drax02005.jpg
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8861/drax02009.jpg
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/5724/drax02019.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4127/drax02022.jpg

Drax 3

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5629/drax03009.jpg
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6427/drax03012.jpg
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8554/drax03015.jpg
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9711/drax03016.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6807/drax03021.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8742/drax03022.jpg

Just providing the scans, I have no opinion about where Drax sits in any ranking of power levels.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by paisapower
Wasnt the maker going through a mental breakdown and because of that severely compromised ?

She was insane and limited to a physical form. I don't see how that affects her power output or how it makes Thanos' feat less impressive.

Originally posted by Desaad
Who did the Maker beat as the Maker? Because from what I saw she got taken out by Oracle, a relatively low level telepath.

She didn't have too many showings to have a decent feat on her own. All that I know of her doing is causing chaos on planet Kyln. Regardless, Gladiator's comment still stands.

TheTyrant
no expression. Context tyrant context.

What context?

vince_slice

King Castle
now lets talk about mini black holes and how theorist believe they exist here on earth that blink in and out of existence and how ppl can be walking around with one inside their heads.

let's get our scientist posters in here, inimalist tell us more.

you scientist you.

Desaad
Originally posted by vince_slice
The black hole was 2 light years wide......do you know how big that is? That's a super massive black hole. According to Nasa and other estimates our solar system in terms of light years is approx 1/200th to 1/400th of a light year

That black hole Thanos tanked could swallow 400 to 800 solar systems if my math is right.

What's even crazier is that black holes in nature can actually get much bigger than that. The biggest black hole found in the universe has the mass of 50 billion suns!

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/07/50-billion-suns-the-biggest-black-hole-in-the-universe-.html

But for Thanos to tank a black hole that could swallow 400 to 800 solar systems is impressive to me.

This is comics, though. I've seen Green Lanterns seal black holes that are capable of destroying entire sectors. 1/3600 of a universe. Do I need to delve into the math of how many GALAXIES that would be?

And that's not just taking. That's SEALING it.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Desaad
This is comics, though. I've seen Green Lanterns seal black holes that are capable of destroying entire sectors. 1/3600 of a universe. Do I need to delve into the math of how many GALAXIES that would be?

And that's not just taking. That's SEALING it.

Okay I agree that is pretty ridiculous.

-K-M-
Yes...I think you should and DO NOT ROUND!

King Castle
Originally posted by -K-M-
Yes...I think you should and DO NOT ROUND! get the chalk boards out and get ready to dedicate your life at explaining it in the forum rolling on floor laughing

vince_slice
get the chalk boards out and get ready to dedicate your life at explaining it in the forum rolling on floor laughing

But seriously how do you draw valid comparisons between superman tanking a black hole the size of a basket ball and Thanos tanking a black hole 2 light years wide?

I mean clearly they're different in scope, size, and power. To just equalize them and say Superman is more durable is ridiculous. How exactly are you suppose to compare them?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well first Vince.... Only seriously slow people or people on drugs would say Superman is more durable in general, let alone based on that feat.

vince_slice
Well first Vince.... Only seriously slow people or people on drugs would say Superman is more durable in general, let alone based on that feat.

That's my main point, PillorofOsiris's conclusions are invalid because the size of the black holes are so disproportional to each other. There's no way you can draw the conclusion that Superman is more durable without completely tossing out logic.

Its the equivalent of saying Superman tanked a city busting attack and wasn't hurt, but Thanos tanked a solar system busting attack and got hurt, therefore superman is more durable because he didn't get hurt. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.