Who has the best swordsmanship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Rank these guys according to skill with a sword.

Blade
Deadpool
Silver Samurai
Mr. X
Wolverine
Batman
Rhas Al Ghul
Gamora
Gorgon
Deathstroke
Psylocke

rotiart
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Rank these guys according to skill with a sword.

Blade
Deadpool
Silver Samurai
Mr. X
Wolverine
Batman
Rhas Al Ghul
Gamora
Gorgon
Deathstroke
Psylocke

No honorable mentions to... black knight or swordsman?!

... honestly... i'd throw it up to deadpool with wolverine a close second.

Caps Conscience
nightcrawler?

Bentley
Swordsman should be here even if he has 0 feats mad

Bouboumaster
1- Silver Samurai
2- Gamora
3- Gorgon
4- Deadpool
5- Wolverine
6- Mr X
7- Rhas Al Ghul
8- Deathstroke
9- Batman
10- Psylocke
11- Blade

Q99
Katana?

Sin I AM
Zeus is back?

Trackz
Silver Samurai
Gorgon
Gamora
Blade
Deadpool/Deathstroke/Ras
Wolverine
Batman
Mr. X
Psylocke

King Castle
Gorgon
Silver Samurai/Wolverine/Psylocke
Blade
Deadpool
Mr. X
Gamora
Deathstroke
Batman
Rhas Al Ghul

Trackz
Didn't we learn in Origins that Wolverine isn't as good with a sword as he used to be? Even after training with Silver Samurai he got punked by Romulus (with the sword).

chomperx9
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
nightcrawler? Agreed

SamZED
Originally posted by Trackz
Didn't we learn in Origins that Wolverine isn't as good with a sword as he used to be? Even after training with Silver Samurai he got punked by Romulus (with the sword). We dont know how good Romulus is with swords. He cheapshotted Wolverine anyway right after Logan kicked his ass so..

Also when Wolvie trained with SS it seemed he got his skills back, pretty sure he commented on that.

Trackz
Originally posted by SamZED
We dont know how good Romulus is with swords. He cheapshotted Wolverine anyway right after Logan kicked his ass so..

Also when Wolvie trained with SS it seemed he got his skills back, pretty sure he commented on that. he wen from decent to master in that short a time? I can believe he got the feel for it back, but I don't think he became one of marvels best swordsmen just like that. He's definitely good, and I was talking about how wolverine was pretty much incapable of using his sword against Romulus so he pulled out his claws (which he is better with)

StiltmanFTW
Didn't we learn in Origins that Wolverine isn't as good with a sword as he used to be? Even after training with Silver Samurai he got punked by Romulus (with the sword).

So much wrong with this post.

a) Romulus fight happened before that.

b) At the end of the re-training Logan was actually better than SS himself.

c) Harada stated that Logan's sword skills are already near flawless. The problem lied somewhere else.

SamZED
he wen from decent to master in that short a time? I can believe he got the feel for it back, but I don't think he became one of marvels best swordsmen just like that. He's definitely good, and I was talking about how wolverine was pretty much incapable of using his sword against Romulus so he pulled out his claws (which he is better with) Its not that he became worlds greatest. He simply needed to remember what he used to know. To the point he said he could've beaten Silver Samurai 10 different ways with the sword or something of that sort. But yeah, claws is something he's more used to.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Its not that he became worlds greatest. He simply needed to remember what he used to know. To the point he said he could've beaten Silver Samurai 10 different ways with the sword or something of that sort. But yeah, claws is something he's more used to.

Half of a sword, you mean. While SS had two. And he chose to hurt Harada with its hilt...

Omega Vision
No mention of Azrael?

Trackz
Originally posted by Omega Vision
No mention of Azrael? this isn't like the best swordsmen of comics, he's just asking you to rank a couple of characters...

srankmissingnin
Silver Samurai
Gorgon
Wolverine
Psylocke
Deadpool
Mr.X
Ra's
Batman
Deathstroke
Gamora
Blade

King Castle
i like my list better

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by King Castle
i like my list better

I don't. cool

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99
Katana?

She's be close at the top, IMO.

srankmissingnin
I honestly think Bruce would take her in a sword fight. Slade didn't have much trouble with her.

Prep-Man
Didnt Wayne say she was better than him??

KuRuPT Thanosi
So many fail lists posted it's not even funny.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Didnt Wayne say she was better than him??

When he was reforming the Outsiders? I think he said something, but I don't buy it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I honestly think Bruce would take her in a sword fight. Slade didn't have much trouble with her.
Is that really a strike against her skill though?

Aren't you one of the biggest proponents of the whole "Deathstroke isn't that skilled, his stats just allow him to beat Top Tier MAs" tripe?

stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Is that really a strike against her skill though?

Aren't you one of the biggest proponents of the whole "Deathstroke isn't that skilled, his stats just allow him to beat Top Tier MAs" tripe?

stick out tongue

She was inconsequential to Slade tough, if she was skilled enough to be "close to the top" of this list, she would have give DS a fight like every other skilled MA.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Bentley
Swordsman should be here even if he has 0 feats mad

yes he does, they are just of him getting owned

Magneto1982
My list:

1. Deathstroke
2. Gorgon
3. Deadpool
4. Ra's Al Ghul
5. Wolverine
6. Blade
7. Silver Samurai
8. Psylocke
9. Mr. X
10. Gamora

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Magneto1982
My list:

1. Deathstroke
2. Gorgon
3. Deadpool
4. Ra's Al Ghul
5. Wolverine
6. Blade
7. Silver Samurai
8. Psylocke
9. Mr. X
10. Gamora

Did you purposely leave Batman off the list?

Allankles
Gorgon
Blade
Deadpool
Mr. X
Gamora
Deathstroke
Batman
Rhas Al Ghul

I like this list, takes showings and feats into consideration. Although I'm not sure about Wolvie being second maybe 4th.

SamZED
Did you purposely leave Batman off the list? Yesh he did it on purpose, because.. *Insert "the goddamn batman" joke*

Prep-Man
Originally posted by srankmissingnin When he was reforming the Outsiders? I think he said something, but I don't buy it.

i dont see why not. bruce would no his limits and that is sort of katanas thing.

Magneto1982
Did you purposely leave Batman off the list?

Sorry about that. I was typing late last night. Here's my revised list with Batman included:

1. Deathstroke
2. Gorgon
3. Deadpool
4. Ra's Al Ghul
5. Wolverine
6. Blade
7. Silver Samurai
8. Batman
9. Psylocke
10. Mr. X
11. Gamora

Dum Dum Dugan
i like my list better
Me to since it was pretty much stated Wolverine>SS in swordmenship

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Magneto1982
Sorry about that. I was typing late last night. Here's my revised list with Batman included:

1. Deathstroke
2. Gorgon
3. Deadpool
4. Ra's Al Ghul
5. Wolverine
6. Blade
7. Silver Samurai
8. Batman
9. Psylocke
10. Mr. X
11. Gamora
this list is awful. I not even sure you got any placement right asside from perhaps gorgon.

juggernaut74
Gorgon
Blade
Deadpool
Mr. X
Gamora
Deathstroke
Batman
Rhas Al Ghul I can agree to that.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I can agree to that.

Blade's too high, he is the only person on this list who has been destroyed in a sword fight and had his skills directly called into question.

Dum Dum Dugan
Blade's too high, he is the only person on this list who has been destroyed in a sword fight and had his skills directly called into question.
I agree, Blade should be several spots lower, if not the bottum out right.

juggernaut74
Didn't Logan mock Silver Samurai's skills recently?

srankmissingnin
Didn't Logan mock Silver Samurai's skills recently?

Samurai told him his skill was "already nearly flawless" and then handicapped him with a broken boken and beat on him with two until Wolverine could beat him in a duel even with the massive handicap.

juggernaut74
I just recall Wolverine saying to himself all the mistakes Harada was making or something.

BTW Black Knight should be on this list. He was stated to be the best swordsmen to ever live once.

Mindset
DP fights with two swords, he's the best.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
DP fights with two swords, he's the best.

Two is more than one. The math checks out, you must be right.

Mindset
He could probably use 3 if he wanted to.

srankmissingnin
He could probably use 3 if he wanted to.

Nah, if he did he'd be a lame anime character

Mindset
Come at me, bro.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9152/sayc.png

juggernaut74
DP fights with two swords, he's the best. You might actually have a point to a extent. Does anybody else really fight with two swords?

srankmissingnin
Come at me, bro.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9152/sayc.png

Yeah that's the loser. Green hair. Hawaiian shirt. He thinks its 99' and he is off to a Smash Mouth concert before he goes down on a bunch of dudes.

Black bolt z
Wolverine. Duh duroll

godking
You might actually have a point to a extent. Does anybody else really fight with two swords? In reality no.

in comics yes.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by godking
In reality no.

in comics yes. Like who?

StiltmanFTW
Like who?

Silver Samurai. Elektra. Psylocke maybe.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by godking
In reality no.

in comics yes.

Musashi Miyamoto used two swords... until he became good enough to win all his duels with a carved wooden paddle... embarrasment

Trackz
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Silver Samurai. Elektra. Psylocke maybe. Blade does too, a lot of characters do I think

marwash22
DP fights with two swords, he's the best. mmmOriginally posted by srankmissingnin
Two is more than one. The math checks out, you must be right. mhmm
Nah, if he did he'd be a lame anime character http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5051/5399950292_80fdb29de1.jpg

juggernaut74
Blade does too, a lot of characters do I think I always thought Blade used one sword?

Mindset
He does, don't listen to him.

Trackz
I always thought Blade used one sword? there've been a couple of times when he uses two swords, vs. spitfire he used two swords off the top of my head

juggernaut74
I guess fairly recently he's been using two swords.

Mindset
Nah

Trackz
I guess fairly recently he's been using two swords. yea, they dont have him using guns as much so recently it's been mostly swords/

iceman24567
Originally posted by marwash22
mmm mhmm
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5051/5399950292_80fdb29de1.jpg Bee ftw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.