Thanos & Hulk Vs Odin & Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
1.Purely Physical ,all current versions

2. all powers come to play

Nihilist
Team 2 in both.

Wtf is Hulk supposed to add in match 2, Zeus already 1shotted Hulk angry ass with ease and could have killed him if he wanted too

bbrem123
Originally posted by Nihilist
Team 2 in both.

Wtf is Hulk supposed to add in match 2, Zeus already 1shotted Hulk angry ass with ease and could have killed him if he wanted too

wasnt with just strength tho...all powers including team 2 wins...not sure about pure physical

Nihilist
Originally posted by bbrem123
wasnt with just strength tho...all powers including team 2 wins...not sure about pure physical That's what I meant about match up 2, Hulk is fodder when you consider how easily Zeus pwnd him, imo even in a physical match up T2 would win Odin/Zeus can amp physicaly, just like Thanos amps his punches with cosmic energy and Hulk amps his strength etc

deathmercy
the only thing zeus,odin,and thanos could do is banish the hulk.they may have powers but hulk out does them in strength and will power...

PillarofOsiris
match 2 is an absolute curbstomp of epic proportions.

Gecko4lif
fight 2 isnt even balanced enough to be a curbstomp

it is a babyshake

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team 2 clearly takes fight no. 2

Fight No. 1 isn't as easy to pick a winner

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is amping allowed? Because if it is, Odin solos the first round. I don't know about Zeus, but even when weakened, Odin Force users have shown pretty impressive physical capabilities.

Thanos energy amped fists couldn't even move his forearm. Lulz.

KuRuPT Thanosi
you forget that Thanos and Hulk can also amp and are clearly the better h2h fighters than either of these guys. By the way.. is this regular hulk or wwh or another version as that would make a difference. If it's regular hulk team 2 would win. WWH I would put my money on Team 1 for the victory but beaten convincingly in fight no. 2

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
you forget that Thanos and Hulk can also amp and are clearly the better h2h fighters than either of these guys. By the way.. is this regular hulk or wwh or another version as that would make a difference. If it's regular hulk team 2 would win. WWH I would put my money on Team 1 for the victory but beaten convincingly in fight no. 2

So what if they can amp? I just told you that even when amping himself, Thanos couldn't even budge Odin's forearm. Unless you believe Hulk can surpass even the striking power of an amped Thanos?

Odin while weakened was tanking Skyfather level energy attacks that were placing the Destroyer in danger, Odin while weakened one shotted Ulik, Heimdall with a portion of the Odin Force was absolutely no selling full on Mjolnir blows to the face. Odin while weakened was literally breaking Masterson Thor.

If Odin were to channel the Odin Force into physical strength, he'd be knocking Thanos and the Hulk around like toys. Any other conclusion is fantasy. He'd beat both of them to death, whether it's Gray Hulk or World Breaker Hulk.

Clearly better at hand to hand? Neither has demonstrated enough skill for it to be any type of game changer as far as I know.

Black bolt z
Team 2 shitstomps every time.

Uriel005
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
you forget that Thanos and Hulk can also amp and are clearly the better h2h fighters than either of these guys. By the way.. is this regular hulk or wwh or another version as that would make a difference. If it's regular hulk team 2 would win. WWH I would put my money on Team 1 for the victory but beaten convincingly in fight no. 2 Odin is a viking god. the Norse idea of heaven is drinking and brawling. How can you say that he has less impressive combat skills than Thanos or Hulk. It's practically all he's done for the last x amount of thousands of years. Fighting frost giants, other types of giants, the children of loki, various other pantheon threats. Zeus is nearly as bad with all the infighting in his group. Where the hell are you getting that Odin and Zeus have less h2h skills than Thanos and Hulk.

That is not to say I think they would win if they aren't amped out the ass. Hulk has greater potential energy but Zeus and Odin can amp faster and can blitz on strength and speed before Hulk gets out of their reach physically. That said if Hulk goes into the fight shitpissed he'd take them both in CQC as he really doesn't have a practical limit to his strength and durability. That said I think Odin and Zeus take this if they knock out Hulk early in round one.
Round two is spite to many ways to stop Hulk before he ever gets close enough to smash.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk lacks the ability to amp to anywhere near Odin level under any reasonable circumstances or time.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk lacks the ability to amp to anywhere near Odin level under any reasonable circumstances or time. Understandable I'm just saying that by his powerset definition due to his power being based on an abstract concept. i.e. his anger his potential is theoretically limitless and quite capable of physically effecting abstract concepts through raw strength if writers wished to push him in that direction. Unless he's been fighting for a few days straight to amp his strength I doubt he could amp far enough to take on Odin and Zeus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk simply doesn't have the capabilities of amping to Odin level even if you stuck him in a room with a video replaying the deaths of all of his friends for weeks on end.

Hulk at his angriest has probably jumped up in strength by maybe multiples of 10.

Not even close to the power he would need to present any challenge to Odin.

If we take such big leaps, might as well put him in a thread against the Living Tribunal.

bbrem123

If we take such big leaps, might as well put him in a thread against the Living Tribunal.

eehhhh...little exaggerated

Black bolt z
Hulk simply doesn't have the capabilities of amping to Odin level even if you stuck him in a room with a video replaying the deaths of all of his friends for weeks on end.

Hulk at his angriest has probably jumped up in strength by maybe multiples of 10.

If we take such big leaps, might as well put him in a thread against the Living Tribunal. Rage what is Odins best strength feat? Strength alone.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Purely strength? One shotting Ulik while weakened. Breaking Thor while weakened. And he didn't even seem to be actively channeling the Odin Force into strength.

If he were to use the Odin Force to directly amp his physical strength, he'd put his fist through Hulk's face effortlessly.

Black bolt z
Purely strength? One shotting Ulik while weakened. Breaking Thor while weakened. And he didn't even seem to be actively channeling the Odin Force into strength.

If he were to use the Odin Force to directly amp his physical strength, he'd put his fist through Hulk's face effortlessly. Ulik isn't that impressive. And what do you mean by "breaking thor"? And how weakened.

I'm not saying the skyfathers don't win i'm just trying to get a feel for what strength feats they have.

zopzop
@Rage

Sure Odin/Zeus could put his fist through Hulk's face with ease but it would just heal back. Pure H2H no other exotic powers, with Odin/Zeus amping his physical strength, of course he'd dominate Hulk. But Hulk's PIS healing factor would just kick in and repair the damage.

He'd basically be Odin/Zeus's self repairing punching bag.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Even current Hulk would be put down by a fist through the face.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Ulik isn't that impressive. And what do you mean by "breaking thor"? And how weakened.

I'm not saying the skyfathers don't win i'm just trying to get a feel for what strength feats they have.

Still a class 100. He was severely weakened in both instances.

IIRC, he was breaking bones, and Masterson was moments away from dying until he transformed.

zopzop
Would he?

I mean Wolverine basically cut Grey Hulk's heart out and he just came back. Current Hulk > Grey Hulk in all ways no?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gray Hulk had his chest cut open and he healed back true. And he has other feats of incredible healing, but whether under Pak or PAD, an amazing healing factor but that has never stopped beings from able to knock the Hulk out.

OneDumbG0
^ Under Pak, when has Hulk been knocked out?

Uriel005

If we take such big leaps, might as well put him in a thread against the Living Tribunal. factors of ten... So despite this hulk being the strongest of the hulks and having one of the biggest strength jumps i.e. WB event he still only increases strength by factors of ten... Traditional hulk incarnations start at around a hundred tons and in a matter of moments he's capable of lifting a huge mountain crushing down on multiple superheroes. I think your hulk scale is a little off there.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Under Pak, when has Hulk been knocked out?

mhmm

Wtf? I can't think of an instance. no expression

Hahaha. I can think of scenes where Hulk seems to be defeated or on the brink of a knock out but never a real knock out.

F*ck it, Odin rips his head off.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Uriel005
factors of ten... So despite this hulk being the strongest of the hulks and having one of the biggest strength jumps i.e. WB event he still only increases strength by factors of ten... Traditional hulk incarnations start at around a hundred tons and in a matter of moments he's capable of lifting a huge mountain crushing down on multiple superheroes. I think your hulk scale is a little off there.

Yes, factors of ten.

You're example from Secret Wars is a little off. He never lifted the mountain. Using leverage, he was able to support the part of a mountain.

psycho gundam
no, when hulk is "calm" (as calm as it is possible for the hulk to be before transformation occurs), you can see a set level of strength.

green scar was calm and seemingly stronger than an enraged savage hulk, or at least on par with the latter

Yes, factors of ten.

You're example from Secret Wars is a little off. He never lifted the mountain. Using leverage, he was able to support the part of a mountain. hulk was calm, and the incarnation of that hulk was a weaker version than savage since banner was too dominant, in fact reed had to trick him into getting enraged enough to access more power.

and catching a mass of 150,000,000,000 out of the blue is nothing to sneeze at for a calm, banner-hulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
Green Scar was that strong because he had the calm rage thing going. He could walk around extremely strong but in control. The boost he got from the Warp Core drive helped as well.

janus77
Team 1 annihilate Team 2 in a physical match. Thanos is enough to keep Odin busy for a while, letting Hulk dominate and exhaust Zeus and then going 2 on 1 against Odin, who isn't beating Thanos too quickly.

Hulk is pretty much capable of unleashing far greater physical power than any of them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

janus77
facepalm
you having difficulty picking your nose again?
confused

OneDumbG0
^ laughing out loud Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
mhmm

Wtf? I can't think of an instance. no expression

Hahaha. I can think of scenes where Hulk seems to be defeated or on the brink of a knock out but never a real knock out.

F*ck it, Odin rips his head off. laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by janus77
you having difficulty picking your nose again?
confused

Hand eye coordination a little off after thBe reaming I just gave your mother. All 3 of her holes sure were hungry.

whistle

carver9
Team 1 wins in the fist fight. Hulk takes care of either odin or zeus while thanos stalemate and then hulk tells thanos to sit down while taking on the other. When he is done with him, he literally one shot thanos for listening to him when he told him to sit down.

Fight 2... the skyfather in a STOMP.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

psycho gundam
it's fate

remember all the war trophies the maestro had? the beard he was rocking was a zues' beard glued to his face

Rage.Of.Olympus
This shit is going to get out of hand eventually.

Marvel's lack of an editorial system in the last decade has really turned things into the Hulk's favor.

The Hulk at his core is the adolescent need to be stronger than everyone else. Without anyone telling the writers that this is stupid, or this shouldn't fly, the writers who gravitate towards the Hulk such as Pak/Loeb etc. just go wild.

It kind of sucks that Thor's actually a worthwhile character battle board wise. Any writer who actually gets the character has no interest in having him beat the Hulk. There's a far better chance of Thor beating the shit out of a guy who beat the Hulk in an all out last stand than there is Thor defeating the Hulk as a result.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
hulk was calm, and the incarnation of that hulk was a weaker version than savage since banner was too dominant, in fact reed had to trick him into getting enraged enough to access more power.

and catching a mass of 150,000,000,000 out of the blue is nothing to sneeze at for a calm, banner-hulk

He had a harder time accessing the anger=strength factor true, but I thought he operated at a higher base as a result? It's been a while.

That's not what happened.

psycho gundam
sure it is

people keep perpetuating this base strength thing like it means something in a fight.

just take a second and look at the word "base", it means the lowest level of power a hulk has that can be quantified, other than that his strength can be anything.

he's only base when he's picking flowers or some shit, but then again base current/ww hulk is at least as strong as enraged savage hulk while calm.

Rage.Of.Olympus
sure it is

people keep perpetuating this base strength thing like it means something in a fight.

just take a second and look at the word "base", it means the lowest level of power a hulk has that can be quantified, other than that his strength can be anything.

he's only base when he's picking flowers or some shit, but then again base current/ww hulk is at least as strong as enraged savage hulk while calm.

Not really. It happened on the cover, but not in the issue.

It doesn't because if they need him to, the writer has Hulk start out higher in one issue than in another. But what's your point? I never claimed it would matter in this fight.

I think Odin would outright over power the Hulk and beat him to death with his own torn limbs.

Calm rage. PAD tried to make sense of World War Hulk by introducing it in the one shout Prelude to World War Hulk.

carver9
This shit is going to get out of hand eventually.

Marvel's lack of an editorial system in the last decade has really turned things into the Hulk's favor.

The Hulk at his core is the adolescent need to be stronger than everyone else. Without anyone telling the writers that this is stupid, or this shouldn't fly, the writers who gravitate towards the Hulk such as Pak/Loeb etc. just go wild.

It kind of sucks that Thor's actually a worthwhile character battle board wise. Any writer who actually gets the character has no interest in having him beat the Hulk. There's a far better chance of Thor beating the shit out of a guy who beat the Hulk in an all out last stand than there is Thor defeating the Hulk as a result.

He had a harder time accessing the anger=strength factor true, but I thought he operated at a higher base as a result? It's been a while.

That's not what happened.

What's wrong with tuning things in the favor of hulk. He is basically doing what his powers are suppose to be doing... being a physical beast. His stremgth has no limit and his healing factor matches his strength so why not have him physically harming skyfathers? I don't understand.

psycho gundam
Not really. It happened on the cover, but not in the issue.

It doesn't because if they need him to, the writer has Hulk start out higher in one issue than in another. But what's your point? I never claimed it would matter in this fight.

I think Odin would outright over power the Hulk and beat him to death with his own torn limbs.

Calm rage. PAD tried to make sense of World War Hulk by introducing it in the one shout Prelude to World War Hulk. but you're the same guy that has chats with comic writers so..... you would feel that way

Rage.Of.Olympus
What?

Originally posted by carver9
What's wrong with tuning things in the favor of hulk. He is basically doing what his powers are suppose to be doing... being a physical beast. His stremgth has no limit and his healing factor matches his strength so why not have him physically harming skyfathers? I don't understand.

My point is, that in the current off hand editorial system, stories suffer. You have stupid fanboyish shit written into issues for no real reason than because. And the Hulk by his very nature, attracts writers and fans who want stupid fanboyish shit more so than say Thor from what I've seen.

And this isn't just me be b*tching. I've talked to multiple writers, and they've pointed out how stupid this crap is.

If it wasn't for old school editors like Breevort, the Hulk would have no doubt overpowered Mjolnir's enchantment by now. Why? Because random writer thinks it looks cool.

No knock against the character, I'm also a fan, but don't be surprised if one day some Thor writer who happens to be a fanboy gets an opportunity to write a comic, and has Thor overpower the Hulk in a contest of strength.

psycho gundam
What? rolling on floor laughing

King Castle
My point is, that in the current off hand editorial system, stories suffer. You have stupid fanboyish shit written into issues for no real reason than because. And the Hulk by his very nature, attracts writers and fans who want stupid fanboyish shit more so than say Thor from what I've seen.

If it wasn't for old school editors like Breevort, the Hulk would have no doubt overpowered Mjolnir's enchantment by now. Why? Because random writer thinks it looks cool. i realized that marvel's writers were old dc writers that work more often with DC hence the lvl of writing and the same was with the fat boy editor joe give me a quisadilla.

i stop buying a lot of marvel books due to the poor attempt to keep within comic continuity and comic logic of marvel made it even worse when i read an interview with joe quisadilla and his editorial comment about any publicity is good publicity and he isnt bothered by fans

zopzop

If it wasn't for old school editors like Breevort, the Hulk would have no doubt overpowered Mjolnir's enchantment by now.

Quick question Rage, why is Hulk overpowering Mjolnir's enchantments wrong?

King Castle
Originally posted by zopzop
Quick question Rage, why is Hulk overpowering Mjolnir's enchantments wrong? are you serious? blink

iceman24567
Quick question Rage, why is Hulk overpowering Mjolnir's enchantments wrong? laughing

zopzop
Originally posted by King Castle
are you serious? blink

Hell yeah I am. I mean you have high heralds and skyfathers outperforming abstractions feat wise. Why is it so hard to imagine a being like the Hulk overpowering a Skyfather's enchantment?

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm x2

zopzop
You people realize that high heralds through skyfathers have feats that dwarf abstractions right?

Superman saved the OMNIVERSE, two Mjolnirs clanging against each other shook all reality, Odin and Seth fighting rocked the multiverse.

Very few if ANY abstractions can lay claim to such on panel feats of power. For God's sake, Eternity was thanking Pym for saving him from Chthon, a freaking Elder God. Hell freaking Nightmare has comatosed Eternity before.

Is the power difference between World Breaker Hulk and Odin greater than the power gap between Chthon and/or Nightmare and Eternity? If no, why does Hulk overcoming Odin's enchantment sound so preposterous?

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm x3

zopzop
facepalm x3

You realize you were just complaining about editors dropping the ball and producing crap storylines in Marvel in this very thread.

What's more crappy :

A being who is said to possess infinite strength potential overpowering the enchantment of a skyfather.

Or an Elder God or Dream Demon threatening the existence of supposedly the supreme abstract of 616 reality?

Rage.Of.Olympus
And the hits just keep on coming.

facepalm x4

zopzop
And the hits just keep on coming.

facepalm x4

So basically you're all for PIS/CIS when it involves Thor and crew but against it when it's anyone else?

psycho gundam
you got him there

combo breaker

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm x6

His got nothing. It would take a total of 3 minutes to point out the idiocy in the last 5 of his posts. Unfortunately Spartacus is on, and its so blatant, that facepalms are sufficient responses.

dmills
I saw the hulk 622 preview and knew that this was coming. This is what happens when you let enough former dc writers into Marvel.

zopzop
facepalm x6

His got nothing. It would take a total of 3 minutes to point out the idiocy in the last 5 of his posts. Unfortunately Spartacus is on, and its so blatant, that facepalms are sufficient responses.

I got all night, on WoW waiting for a raid to form. So whenever you ready fire away!

dmills
So basically you're all for PIS/CIS when it involves Thor and crew but against it when it's anyone else? Welcome to kmc. We all do it at one point or another.

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
Welcome to kmc. We all do it at one point or another.

But there has to be a limit or what's the point? I mean FAR more stupid things have happened in Marvel than a story involving Hulk lifting Mjolnir through brute strength.

Hell check the "Highest feats" thread for some.

psycho gundam
I got all night, on WoW waiting for a raid to form. So whenever you ready fire away! facepalm (10) ^ facepalm

zopzop
facepalm X 100

Laugh all you want, but my lock needs some gear sad

psycho gundam
wut?

TheTyrant
Team 2.

carver9
You people realize that high heralds through skyfathers have feats that dwarf abstractions right?

Superman saved the OMNIVERSE, two Mjolnirs clanging against each other shook all reality, Odin and Seth fighting rocked the multiverse.

Very few if ANY abstractions can lay claim to such on panel feats of power. For God's sake, Eternity was thanking Pym for saving him from Chthon, a freaking Elder God. Hell freaking Nightmare has comatosed Eternity before.

Is the power difference between World Breaker Hulk and Odin greater than the power gap between Chthon and/or Nightmare and Eternity? If no, why does Hulk overcoming Odin's enchantment sound so preposterous?

Good post.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
Good post. Ummm...no its not. It is very flawed.

DarkOdin
Hell yeah I am. I mean you have high heralds and skyfathers outperforming abstractions feat wise. Why is it so hard to imagine a being like the Hulk overpowering a Skyfather's enchantment? Because that would imply that hulk raw strength would be greater then a power that destroy galaxies make pocket universe and shake the muiltverse does that sound right to you?????

iceman24567
Ummm...no its not. It is very flawed. Any pro Hulk post is a "good" post to carver

Deadline
wtf? So is current Hulk WWH now?

dmills
I thought it was the same hulk wwh/wb. This was all brought about when Banner became WB Hulk again. People here -as usual- just kinda read what they wanted to and now the myth of "the new current Hulk" was born.

Unless I missed something of course.

Deadline
^ Yea I think thats what it is, not that it makes a difference. Odin and Zeus still win.

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
I thought it was the same hulk wwh/wb. This was all brought about when Banner became WB Hulk again. People here -as usual- just kinda read what they wanted to and now the myth of "the new current Hulk" was born.

Unless I missed something of course.

This is exactly what it is. Banner accepted the power of the hulk and is currently at (or above) his wwh levels again.

Badabing
Hulk claps and gods die. g_hulk

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Because that would imply that hulk raw strength would be greater then a power that destroy galaxies make pocket universe and shake the muiltverse does that sound right to you?????

Yes it does, because I'm of the opinion Odin or any other Skyfather has no business busting galaxies, shaking the multiverse, or creating dimensions.

Like I said in my previous post, Top Tier Abstractions haven't been shown doing half that crap, yet Earth centric Skyfathers are?

If you are gonna complain that a character who for the last 30+ years was said to have infinite strength potential can't overpower an enchantment from a skyfather because that would be PIS. Then at least be consistent with your outrage and say Skyfathers shouldn't be able to pull half the stunts they do when the Cosmic Hierarchy hasn't been shown being able to.

I can list example after example of pure unadulterated PIS involving High Heralds up to Skyfathers. There's a thread called "Highest Feats" or something check it out.

A month or so ago, a poster joked that Surfer had better feats/showings than his god d@mn master and creator Galactus. That's the sorry state of affairs storylines are in now.

zopzop
Originally posted by iceman24567
Any pro Hulk post is a "good" post to carver

It's not "pro" Hulk, seeing as I can't stand that character. It's more like anti double standards post.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Badabing
Hulk claps and gods die. g_hulk

words of wisdom

Badabing
laughing out loud

psycho gundam
If you are gonna complain that a character who for the last 30+ years was said to have infinite strength potential can't overpower an enchantment from a skyfather because that would be PIS. the enchantment bonds the hammer to the earth itself, so hulk is lifting the hammer and earth....but pushing against the earth all the while attempting to lift it.

Colossus-Big C
can hulk lift earth with mljonir on it?

King Castle
not unless he gained flight powers, TK, magic and violate the marvel laws of physics with his strength reaching WB lvls

zopzop
the enchantment bonds the hammer to the earth itself, so hulk is lifting the hammer and earth....but pushing against the earth all the while attempting to lift it.

A) Is this confirmed on panel?

B) Does the Earth have an infinite mass?

Colossus-Big C
i would guess anyone with enough strength to lift the entire earth can overpower the enchantment

Black bolt z
the enchantment bonds the hammer to the earth itself, so hulk is lifting the hammer and earth....but pushing against the earth all the while attempting to lift it. When is this stated?

DarkOdin
Yes it does, because I'm of the opinion Odin or any other Skyfather has no business busting galaxies, shaking the multiverse, or creating dimensions.

Like I said in my previous post, Top Tier Abstractions haven't been shown doing half that crap, yet Earth centric Skyfathers are?

If you are gonna complain that a character who for the last 30+ years was said to have infinite strength potential can't overpower an enchantment from a skyfather because that would be PIS. Then at least be consistent with your outrage and say Skyfathers shouldn't be able to pull half the stunts they do when the Cosmic Hierarchy hasn't been shown being able to.

I can list example after example of pure unadulterated PIS involving High Heralds up to Skyfathers. There's a thread called "Highest Feats" or something check it out.

A month or so ago, a poster joked that Surfer had better feats/showings than his god d@mn master and creator Galactus. That's the sorry state of affairs storylines are in now.

Great logic so on panel evidence exist on how powerful a skyfather IS

but you don't like it.

However a character who may have infinte strength never proven on panel is cool eek!

AS for your last statement about surfer and galactus a DUH

That has always been that way about comics from D/C to marvel. If you don't like don't read them.

And the fact that you don't like how things work doesn't mean much anyway when we debate on how thing are written not how we would like them to be ... well must of us ::looks around for quan::

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Great logic so on panel evidence exist on how powerful a skyfather IS

but you don't like it.

However a character who may have infinte strength never proven on panel is cool eek!

It's not like it's a typo, Marvel has been saying that about the Hulk for decades! Why is it PIS if this being who has infinite strength potential lifts Mjolnir?

You have skyfathers outperforming universal abstractions and you don't consider that PIS?

It's a double standard.

I know on panel evidence > all. It still doesn't make the storylines any less idiotic.

Black bolt z
It's not like it's a typo, Marvel has been saying that about the Hulk for decades! Why is it PIS if this being who has infinite strength potential lifts Mjolnir?

You have skyfathers outperforming universal abstractions and you don't consider that PIS?

It's a double standard.

I know on panel evidence > all. It still doesn't make the storylines any less idiotic. 1: Hulk does NOT have infinite strength and has never shown have it
2: Skyfathers do NOT outpreform abstracts
3: Thor's hammer is NOT lifted through physical strength alone, therefore even if hulk did have infinity physical strength he should still NOT be able to lift it
4: Therefore it is NOT a double standard.

Really dude....everything you posted is flawed.

zopzop
1: Hulk does NOT have infinite strength and has never shown have it

The Hulk has infinite strength POTENTIAL. The angrier he gets the stronger he gets. It's only been stated by Marvel for the past 30 years or so, it's not like something that just came out the blue.

Oh yes they do! Surtur destroyed a galaxy by himself but the combined might of Galactus/Stranger/Eon/Kronos/Order/Chaos/Love/Hate/two Celestials only destroyed the immediate solar system and "many" nearby ones when they attacked Thanos SIMULTANEOUSLY. "Many" solar systems < galaxy.

Odin has busted galaxies. Odin/Seth's fight threatened ALL reality with destruction, yet the Infinity Gauntlet saga only threatened 616 reality. Odin/Seth fighting has shaken the ENTIRE multiverse, the Infinity Gauntlet affair never did so, it was all contained in 616.

Thor's hammer is still primarily a PHYSICAL object that's enchanted. It's not entirely magical like a mystic object created by a spell (for example : the Shield of the Seraphim is an ENTIRELY magical object).

Yeah well it would look that way to people with reading comprehension problems.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk cannot lift Mjolnir unless he momentarily becomes worthy. This isn't up for discussion. It's been made abudantly clear.

the enchantment bonds the hammer to the earth itself, so hulk is lifting the hammer and earth....but pushing against the earth all the while attempting to lift it.

The Earth's weight etc. has very little to do with it from my understanding. As long as it's attached to some physical plane, it cannot be lifted purely with strength. Drax for example could do not budge Mjolnir and they were fighting on a piece of rock the size of a house roof.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDrax15.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDrax16.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDrax17.jpg

Uriel005
Hulk cannot lift Mjolnir unless he momentarily becomes worthy. This isn't up for discussion. It's been made abudantly clear.

The Earth's weight etc. has very little to do with it from my understanding. As long as it's attached to some physical plane, it cannot be lifted purely with strength. Drax for example could do not budge Mjolnir and they were fighting on a piece of rock the size of a house roof.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDrax15.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDrax16.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsDrax17.jpg comic book physics my friend. Just as a book with infinite pages should not be able to be lifted at all does not mean that someone in a comic can't do it. Just because it has an odin enchant to do it doesn't mean that someone can't outmuscle it. It's like superman punching through reality. Should it ever work. No. But does it yes. My suspension of disbelief continues on from magic to being able to overcome abstract concepts through physical strength in comics simply because it has been done in other areas. Mjolnir has been lifted by those who would be deemed unworthy and whether you want to argue bad writing or not it has been done.

iceman24567
Has anybody lifted it with brute strength? If no why is Hulk going to be the exception

Nihilist
^ Pis and extreme hulktards fanboy wank?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Nihilist
^ Pis and extreme hulktards fanboy wank? Oh I'm not saying I believe he should be able to do it. I just mean that comic physics allows shenanigans like that

Colossus-Big C
trion juggernaut can break apart dimensions with his fist, can he lift mljonir?

Sr J-Bieb
It's sad when Hulk gets written up so much, and Galactus gets written like a piece of shit forgotten Earth villian. Might as well be Armadillo at this point.
With Hulk you know he's going to do something stupid, with Galactus you just don't want him to do much in fear that he's going to get mauled. Ugh.

Just a little annoyance at Marvel.

Black bolt z
The Hulk has infinite strength POTENTIAL. The angrier he gets the stronger he gets. It's only been stated by Marvel for the past 30 years or so, it's not like something that just came out the blue.

Oh yes they do! Surtur destroyed a galaxy by himself but the combined might of Galactus/Stranger/Eon/Kronos/Order/Chaos/Love/Hate/two Celestials only destroyed the immediate solar system and "many" nearby ones when they attacked Thanos SIMULTANEOUSLY. "Many" solar systems < galaxy.

Odin has busted galaxies. Odin/Seth's fight threatened ALL reality with destruction, yet the Infinity Gauntlet saga only threatened 616 reality. Odin/Seth fighting has shaken the ENTIRE multiverse, the Infinity Gauntlet affair never did so, it was all contained in 616.

Thor's hammer is still primarily a PHYSICAL object that's enchanted. It's not entirely magical like a mystic object created by a spell (for example : the Shield of the Seraphim is an ENTIRELY magical object).

Yeah well it would look that way to people with reading comprehension problems. Yes. POTENTIAL. Meaning he hasn't reached it. He doesn't have a strength cap. But he also doesn't seem to be able to exceed a certain point.

Once again collateral damage means shit. Please don't ever bring that up in debating again.

Yes. But due to the fact that it is magical means that it is not lifted through strength alone.

Really how stupid are you?

zopzop
Yes. POTENTIAL. Meaning he hasn't reached it. He doesn't have a strength cap. But he also doesn't seem to be able to exceed a certain point.

What part of limitless/infinite potential don't you get? And you are accusing others of stupidity?

Collateral damage is a measure of power output and yes it means a lot. It's an excellent gauge of power.

It's not "magical". It's a physical object with an enchantment placed on it! Not an object wholly created by mystic forces.

Pot ......meet kettle.....

Sr J-Bieb

lol

Black bolt z
What part of limitless/infinite potential don't you get? And you are accusing others of stupidity?

Collateral damage is a measure of power output and yes it means a lot. It's an excellent gauge of power.

It's not "magical". It's a physical object with an enchantment placed on it! Not an object wholly created by mystic forces.

Pot ......meet kettle..... You don't seem to understand the word POTENTIAL. He has no known strength cap. But he doesn't have infinite strength. To get to infinite strength he would have to be infinitly angry.

No. Its a terrible gauge. By that logic gunfire>spiderman and Kingpin>Thor.

Actually it is magical. Its enchanted uru. If i'm not mistaken isn't Uru from asgard which is...y'know...magic?

Theres just no logic to what you post. Collateral damage means shit. AOE means shit. Get this through your thick skull.

Parmaniac
So Zopzop is saying Odin > IG?

I don't follow the convo that's why I ask.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Parmaniac

I don't follow the convo that's why I ask. He is saying Odin>All abstracts including LT due to him shaking things.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Parmaniac

I don't follow the convo that's why I ask. He's saying I believe that Skyfather's outperform Abstracts, because they did more collateral damage.

Which means that Galactus outperformed the IG/Celestial/Stranger/IB/Hate/Love/Eon/Order/Chaos/GALACTUS as well on at least three seperate occasions. One with help from Tyrant. Galactus outperforms Galactus on the daily, and that's proof enough to say that Galactus>Galactus.

zopzop
You don't seem to understand the word POTENTIAL. He has no known strength cap. But he doesn't have infinite strength. To get to infinite strength he would have to be infinitly angry.

Exactly. Look what happened during WWH storyline. He took a step and the entire northeast coast of the US was shaking. Even after burning himself out fighting Sentry, he got angry and instantly powered himself up as if nothing happened.

Fool, the damage output from a firearm is nowhere near the kind of damage that a class 10+ being like Spidemran can dish out. He could literally fling cars and trucks and topple buildings. Thor even more so.

Uru is a PHYSICAL metal that Odin enchanted. It's not something created wholly from his magics out of thin air, I even gave you an example of a wholly magical object : the shield of the seraphim.

Look up the word : Projection.

Black bolt z
Exactly. Look what happened during WWH storyline. He took a step and the entire northeast coast of the US was shaking. Even after burning himself out fighting Sentry, he got angry and instantly powered himself up as if nothing happened.

Fool, the damage output from a firearm is nowhere near the kind of damage that a class 10+ being like Spidemran can dish out. He could literally fling cars and trucks and topple buildings. Thor even more so.

Uru is a PHYSICAL metal that Odin enchanted. It's not something created wholly from his magics out of thin air, I even gave you an example of a wholly magical object : the shield of the seraphim.

Look up the word : Projection. Yes. Thats potential. He still does not have infinite strength.

In many of his fights spiderman doesn't destroy anything and bullets usually do. Therefore bullets>spiderman in strength.

No its not created out of thin air. But it doesn't have to be to be magical.

Once you understand what I said. Collateral damage and AOE mean nothing.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He's saying I believe that Skyfather's outperform Abstracts, because they did more collateral damage.

Exactly. Compare feats and you'll see what I mean.

Which three?

You got proof this wasn't just hyperbole from Thanos? Because we saw NOTHING on panel I even remember Surfer asking Galactus why didn't he just fight Tyrant for Morg and Galactus said a battle between them would wreck havok on the universe. But this was a lie and when they did actually fight, nothing happened to the universe, galaxy, or solar system. Galactus' ship wasn't even destroyed!

So aside from the recent on when he "swept the galaxy clean" of the Annhiliation wave, what's the third galaxy busting feat?

Sr J-Bieb
Exactly. Compare feats and you'll see what I mean.

Which three?

You got proof this wasn't just hyperbole from Thanos? Because we saw NOTHING on panel I even remember Surfer asking Galactus why didn't he just fight Tyrant for Morg and Galactus said a battle between them would wreck havok on the universe. But this was a lie and when they did actually fight, nothing happened to the universe, galaxy, or solar system. Galactus' ship wasn't even destroyed!

So aside from the recent on when he "swept the galaxy clean" of the Annhiliation wave, what's the third galaxy busting feat?
lol at you trying to deconstruct my post.

Uh huh.

It was said twice, after Thanos viewed the fight on the computer. And was said right to Tyrant.
And the fight was pretty much cut short due to you know, Galactus trying to drain Tyrant and getting reversed. It wasn't a full on war like Galactus said would cause this much destruction.

Why exactly do you need three if you already know one anyway? Isn't that proof enough to say that Galactus>Galactus + numerous other abstracts? Or are you just looking for any way to discredit Galactus?

And, Galactus moved an entire galaxy to another place in the universe, if you must know.

zopzop
It was said twice, after Thanos viewed the fight on the computer. And was said right to Tyrant.
And the fight was pretty much cut short due to you know, Galactus trying to drain Tyrant and getting reversed. It wasn't a full on war like Galactus said would cause this much destruction.

But my point still stands. They didn't destroy jack when they fought. So Thanos was engaging in hyperbole. To further prove my point, Thanos said that the universe had never seen a battle of that scope/destruction before or since. How can that be true when he just got through fighting the abstracts with the IG not too long ago! The only explanation : hyperbole.

Sweeping the galaxy clean of the Annihilation wave can mean a lot of things. Especially since originally we only saw him destroy "three star systems".

Excellent. This was in an issue of Rom no?

Colossus-Big C
@zopzop, you have people outperforming abstracts because they have ALOT more feats, Galactus was stated to have enough power to destroy the universe 10 times, Eternity can bust the multiverse (which is an infinit amount of universes)

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
@zopzop, you have people outperforming abstracts because they have ALOT more feats, Galactus was stated to have enough power to destroy the universe 10 times, Eternity can bust the multiverse (which is an infinit amount of universes) Ummm...no he doesn't. Universal abstracts shouldn't even have to power to destroy one...

zopzop
Yes. Thats potential. He still does not have infinite strength.

He has infinite strength potential that means POTENTIALLY his strength has no limit.

Talk about a BS comparison. Spiderman, a class 10 being, has been shown doing more damage than any measly firearm can ever hope to do. Case in point, he flung an entire garbage truck at the Hulk.

Uru is a physical object. It's nothing more than a dense metal from the dimension of Asgard. It has no magical properties on it's own. It's Odin' enchantments that make it return to Thor's hand, make it unliftable, etc... It's not a property of the metal.

Yeah they mean nothing, they are just an excellent gauge of power. I mean busting galaxies and shaking all creation is something so routine Firelord or Thing can do it.

zopzop
Ummm...no he doesn't. Universal abstracts shouldn't even have to power to destroy one...

See you do have common sense. Finally something we can agree on.

Colossus-Big C
Ummm...no he doesn't. Universal abstracts shouldn't even have to power to destroy one... but they outright stated galactus can destroy the universe 10X over

Sr J-Bieb
But my point still stands. They didn't destroy jack when they fought. So Thanos was engaging in hyperbole. To further prove my point, Thanos said that the universe had never seen a battle of that scope/destruction before or since. How can that be true when he just got through fighting the abstracts with the IG not too long ago! The only explanation : hyperbole.

Sweeping the galaxy clean of the Annihilation wave can mean a lot of things. Especially since originally we only saw him destroy "three star systems".

Excellent. This was in an issue of Rom no? K, Tyrant should have stood up to his pointless accusations and told him he didn't do anything to anything around him.

That doesn't prove your point at all when you just discredited the IG/abstract fight to being only solar system level... lol

No, we saw him destroy three star systems and show no sign of stopping.
Also, one star system is still more than the IG fight did, so again, why do you need other examples?

Obviously.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/rom02721vt0.jpg

Black bolt z
He has infinite strength potential that means POTENTIALLY his strength has no limit.

Talk about a BS comparison. Spiderman, a class 10 being, has been shown doing more damage than any measly firearm can ever hope to do. Case in point, he flung an entire garbage truck at the Hulk.

Uru is a physical object. It's nothing more than a dense metal from the dimension of Asgard. It has no magical properties on it's own. It's Odin' enchantments that make it return to Thor's hand, make it unliftable, etc... It's not a property of the metal.

Yeah they mean nothing, they are just an excellent gauge of power. I mean busting galaxies and shaking all creation is something so routine Firelord or Thing can do it. Yes POTENTIALLY being the key word. This isn't hard my friend. He has the potential to exceed LT is pure strength. But to that he would have to be infinitly mad.

Actually bullets have exceeded spidey's collateral damage on numerous occasions. So do you see the flaw with this logic?

I know its an the enchantment that does most of the stuff. That doesn't change the fact that it is magical.

Yes because shaking the multiverse means someone could soooooo beat galactus even though there is absolutely no way to quantify it into a battle roll eyes (sarcastic) Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
but they outright stated galactus can destroy the universe 10X over And he has never shown and type of power near this.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
but they outright stated galactus can destroy the universe 10X over Do you have an issue number?

zopzop
That doesn't prove your point at all when you just discredited the IG/abstract fight to being only solar system level... lol

No, the cosmic hierarchy destroyed the immediate solar system plus "many" nearby ones. Thanos hadn't fired off a shot yet.

No see above. Up to 3 star systems aka solar systems were destroyed by Galactus. That's nice but the cosmic hierarchy destroyed the immediate solar system and "many" nearby ones in their initial assault.

zopzop
Yes POTENTIALLY being the key word. This isn't hard my friend. He has the potential to exceed LT is pure strength. But to that he would have to be infinitly mad.

Yes, so why would it be PIS for a being with potentially infinite strength to override the "lifting" enchantment placed by a skyfather, when stupider crap has been done and fanboys don't call PIS?

No its impossible for bullets to exceed Spiderman's damage output because we've seen him in action. How many bullets does it take to fling a full garbage truck 20+ft into an enemy? Spidey's fists do more damage.

It's not magical that's the whole point! It's a naturally occurring ore in the dimension of Asgard!

Their power output shook the multiverse, the multiverse being an INFINITE series of connected universes. Do you even understand that? The power they were throwing around was greater than anything we've seen from Galactus.

OneDumbG0
No see above. Up to 3 star systems aka solar systems were destroyed by Galactus. That's nice but the cosmic hierarchy destroyed the immediate solar system and "many" nearby ones in their initial assault. The entire galaxy was swept clean.

zeel
What?

And this isn't just me be b*tching. I've talked to multiple writers, and they've pointed out how stupid this crap is.

If it wasn't for old school editors like Breevort, the Hulk would have no doubt overpowered Mjolnir's enchantment by now. Why? Because random writer thinks it looks cool.

No knock against the character, I'm also a fan, but don't be surprised if one day some Thor writer who happens to be a fanboy gets an opportunity to write a comic, and has Thor overpower the Hulk in a contest of strength.

wanna talk about fanboyish.

Loebforce rulk was a joke. No version of hulk should own thor and thats the way it be. Thor>Hulk. Only reason thor at times has issues with hulk is he holds back, dosent want to kill him and hulk is so popular.

zopzop
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
The entire galaxy was swept clean.

Yes "swept clean" that came later. I was replying to his 3 star systems destroyed point.

Sr J-Bieb
No, the cosmic hierarchy destroyed the immediate solar system plus "many" nearby ones. Thanos hadn't fired off a shot yet.

No see above. Up to 3 star systems aka solar systems were destroyed by Galactus. That's nice but the cosmic hierarchy destroyed the immediate solar system and "many" nearby ones in their initial assault. K. Let me rephrase that.
That doesn't prove your point at all when you just discredited the IG/abstract fight to being only solar systems level... lol

Again, you discredited the IG fight. Don't turn around and use it to say 'a conflict has never been seen since' is bullshit.

Star systems are commonly used as groups of at least 3 solar systems. Not that it matters of course. And it or I didn't say 'up to' in the original. It was three star systems were encompassed by his blast, and it did not slow. Meaning that it wasn't finished. Meaning that you can't use it to say anything under 3 star systems. Meaning, it doesn't matter if 'galaxy' was used later, as it's entirely plausible, and now fact.
And no, it said "Entire solar systems in the immediate vicinity are ravaged by the effects of this Celestial clash.", not "MANY". Thanos didn't add too much collateral damage... Galactus>IG/Galactus/others amirite?

OneDumbG0
Yes "swept clean" that came later. I was replying to his 3 star systems destroyed point. And my point is that the Galactus Event was what swept the galaxy clean along with the first three star systems.

zopzop
K. Let me rephrase that.
That doesn't prove your point at all when you just discredited the IG/abstract fight to being only solar systems level... lol

Again, you discredited the IG fight. Don't turn around and use it to say a conflict has never been seen since.

But it was only solar system levels. The immediate solar system was destroyed plus "many" nearby ones. How does that discredit the IG? It was the cosmic hierarchy that was attacking. Thanos with the IG was tanking it.

Thanos said of the Tyrant/Galactus fight : a battle like it hasn't been seen before or since. That's a lie because Thanos with the IG took out everyone short of the LT. Get my point? So if he was using hyperbole there, why is it a stretch to say that he was using it when he said "their enmity must have destroyed galaxies" especially when NOTHING was shown on panel.

Good for Galactus! He finally has a skyfather level feat under his belt! No it's Galactus 2007 > Galactus 1994. It only took him a decade or so to catch up to Odin.

Sr J-Bieb
But it was only solar system levels. The immediate solar system was destroyed plus "many" nearby ones. How does that discredit the IG? It was the cosmic hierarchy that was attacking. Thanos with the IG was tanking it.

Thanos said of the Tyrant/Galactus fight : a battle like it hasn't been seen before or since. That's a lie because Thanos with the IG took out everyone short of the LT. Get my point? So if he was using hyperbole there, why is it a stretch to say that he was using it when he said "their enmity must have destroyed galaxies" especially when NOTHING was shown on panel. Again, it never said "Many". It never even said a solar system was destroyed iirc.
It discredits it because you just used it to say that Skyfathers have better feats than abstracts. And it discredits the IG because Thanos did really nothing to add to the collateral damage.
You've just discredited the fight. Now you're using it as proof? laughable.

First off, you're not even quoting it right. Second, using your logic, it was bigger than the IG clash since it took out GALAXIES OMG and not MANY SOLAR SYSTEMS LOL. Third, Thanos was watching the battle himself and giving meaning to the fight since that's all we were ever given into the battle.

Oh, so Thanos took out everyone short of LT? So, Thanos did better than Odin ever has?

Good for Galactus! He finally has a skyfather level feat under his belt! No it's Galactus 2007 > Galactus 1994. It only took him a decade or so to catch up to Odin. Right, hating on Galactus. I'm just going to ignore Galactus teleporting a galaxy, and some context like you are though.
But since you accept collateral damage as some sort of fact, then you must accept Galactus > IG/Two Celestials/Galactus and numerous others.

Unless of course, lots of collateral damage isn't the be all end all feat.

Black bolt z
Yes, so why would it be PIS for a being with potentially infinite strength to override the "lifting" enchantment placed by a skyfather, when stupider crap has been done and fanboys don't call PIS?

No its impossible for bullets to exceed Spiderman's damage output because we've seen him in action. How many bullets does it take to fling a full garbage truck 20+ft into an enemy? Spidey's fists do more damage.

It's not magical that's the whole point! It's a naturally occurring ore in the dimension of Asgard!

Their power output shook the multiverse, the multiverse being an INFINITE series of connected universes. Do you even understand that? The power they were throwing around was greater than anything we've seen from Galactus. Because he doesn't have infinite strength.

But through collateral damage bullets outpreform spidey a lot.

And isn't everything in asgard...magic? Itz a magical dimension.

OK. Odin still wouldn't do jack shit to galactus? Odin can shake galactus all he wants. Its not going to him. Neither will re-giniting him or threatening him.

COMBAT feats are what matters.

zopzop
Again, it never said "Many". It never even said a solar system was destroyed iirc.

Yo if I find the scan and it says what I just said it does, I'm ignoring you from now on because at this point you're just talking out your ass.
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9533/theinfinityguantlet0509lf8.jpg

Genius, when did I say skyfathers had better feats than the IG? I said abstracts. And they do. Of course Thanos added nothing to the initial assault he just stood there and laughed it off!

Thanos already had killed off 1/2 of all living things in the universe and when he confronted Eternity the entire universe winked out of existence and then remade itself.

Galactus at best took out a galaxy and this only happened recently. It took him a while to come up with Odin level feats. The IG wasn't involved in the initial assault it was the abstracts attacking Thanos not the other way around.

Thanos with the IG was God of 616, so yeah. Notice how I said abstractions and not the IG.

In his what 40+ years as a character he tped a galaxy ONCE 30 years ago and recently "wiped a galaxy clean of the AW". Gratz. Too bad in that time Odin has busted galaxies on multiple occasions (check the respect thread), shaken the multiverse, AND his battle with Seth threatened to destroy reality.

zopzop
Because he doesn't have infinite strength.

He has the potential for infinite strength. He has no upper limit.

You're not even making sense anymore. Spiderman's damage output > bullets.

.......It's a pocket dimension of 616. It has physical properties but also has beings capable of using magic, exactly like you know, Earth.

Odin and Galactus have never fought directly, all we have to go by is power output and in that regard : Odin > Galactus.

I give up with you.

Sr J-Bieb
Yo if I find the scan and it says what I just said it does, I'm ignoring you from now on because at this point you're just talking out your ass.
Here, let me help you:
http://i51.tinypic.com/20a47ih.jpg

EDIT: lol, at you using this scan. I've already quoted the words to it. Nowhere does it say "Many", or even that a solar system was destroyed, just 'ravaged'. You've just proved yourself wrong. Congrats.

And I'm talking out of my ass? You just said Skyfathers have better feats than abstracts because of collateral damage, misquoted a bunch of shit, and haven't proven a damn thing. You probably should ignore me, because:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2m6k5df.jpg

Genius, when did I say skyfathers had better feats than the IG? I said abstracts. And they do. Of course Thanos added nothing to the initial assault he just stood there and laughed it off!

Thanos already had killed off 1/2 of all living things in the universe and when he confronted Eternity the entire universe winked out of existence and then remade itself. When you discredit the Abstracts throwing their power at Thanos when Thanos added almost no collateral damage to the fight? And when you used Odin 'shaking the multiverse' as a better feat than Thanos only threatening the 616 universe? Use your head.

Yes he did kill off half the universe, but he didn't destroy OMG GALAXIES!!!
Why are you lying again? Give me a scan saying the universe winked out of existence.

Galactus at best took out a galaxy and this only happened recently. It took him a while to come up with Odin level feats. The IG wasn't involved in the initial assault it was the abstracts attacking Thanos not the other way around. Well, that doesn't have anything to do with what I said...

Also, again, Thanos added little collateral damage to the conflict. You don't even need to put me on ignore, since you're ignoring the shit out of me already.

Thanos with the IG was God of 616, so yeah. Notice how I said abstractions and not the IG.

Unless you're saying that the Infinity Gauntlet wasn't part of the Infinity Gauntlet Saga, then ya, you're saying Odin has a better feat than the Infinity Gauntlet.

In his what 40+ years as a character he tped a galaxy ONCE 30 years ago and recently "wiped a galaxy clean of the AW". Gratz. Too bad in that time Odin has busted galaxies on multiple occasions (check the respect thread), shaken the multiverse, AND his battle with Seth threatened to destroy reality. All of your Odin feats you stated come from the Seth fight... in 1996/1997...
The only other feat close from Odin off the top of my head is from the Infinity arc of his.

Collateral damage though, best thing ever!

zopzop
Here, let me help you:
http://i51.tinypic.com/20a47ih.jpg

EDIT: lol, at you using this scan. I've already quoted the words to it. Nowhere does it say "Many", or even that a solar system was destroyed, just 'ravaged'. You've just proved yourself wrong. Congrats.

And I'm talking out of my ass? You just said Skyfathers have better feats than abstracts because of collateral damage, misquoted a bunch of shit, and haven't proven a damn thing. You probably should ignore me, because:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2m6k5df.jpg

It didn't say "many" zomg, it said "ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEMS IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY ARE RAVAGED". The initial assault destroyed solar systemS, plural. You weren't even sure A single solar system was destroyed. So STFU. I was off by one word you were completely off. Nice.

What's to say? On panel the entire universe just warped/winked out and then it was remade with Thanos taking Eternity's place. How could you not even know this if you read the damn thing. I don't even know what the point of responding to you is if you didn't read the IG saga and I have to educate you with scans, which is a waste of my time.
http://img45.imageshack.us/f/thcq1.jpg/
http://img244.imageshack.us/i/tuni3fe4.jpg/

And yes shaking the multiverse is something no abstract has done. Unless you count the MM/Beyonder fight.

Why the hell would Thanos need to add anything to that paltry attack? His other feats in the series, power output wise, put them to shame.

Correct, I never said Odin accomplished that multiverse shaking feat multiple times. He accomplished that feat as many times as Galactus busted a galaxy : once. But the galaxy busting is old hat to Odin, check his respect thread. It took Galactus 40+ years to accomplish one of Odin's more moderate feats. Good for him.

Sr J-Bieb
It didn't say "many" zomg, it said "ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEMS IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY ARE RAVAGED". The initial assault destroyed solar systemS, plural. You weren't even sure A single solar system was destroyed. So STFU. I was off by one word you were completely off. Nice. I already quoted that for you a while ago. This just proves you either ignore everything, or have a bad reading comprehension.

Also, ravaged doesn't mean destroyed. Still doesn't say a solar system was destroyed, just ravaged. Like I said in the post you quoted.

So no, you were still wrong. Average zopzop by the looks of it though.

What's to say? On panel the entire universe just warped/winked out and then it was remade with Thanos taking Eternity's place. How could you not even know this if you read the damn thing. I don't even know what the point of responding to you is if you didn't read the IG saga and I have to educate you with scans, which is a waste of my time.

And yes shaking the multiverse is something no abstract has done. Unless you count the MM/Beyonder fight. That was never stated... ever. I challenge you to find the scan of this being stated. Assumptions aren't proof before you start going that route.

Good point, you have to educate me with scans. All one of your scans that I also posted and quoted (correctly) long before you posted it. I mean, I need to be educated on the IG, since I'm the one misquoting things, amirite? "MANY", It was "MANY" right?
ha

I find it funny how you use 'shaking the multiverse' just because it was in the narration, but you won't accept the only narration from Thanos of the Tyrant/Galactus fight saying they destroyed galaxies. Bias though, bias.
And what are you getting at with this 'multiverse' shit? Do you think that Thanos couldn't do that with the IG? Do you think it would do anything to IG Thanos? Do you think it's a better feat than what the IG has done? What exactly do you think of it?

Why the hell would Thanos need to add anything to that paltry attack? His other feats in the series, power output wise, put them to shame.
Of course Thanos' feats and power puts them to shame, but that's irrelevant when you're arguing collateral damage like it means anything. Thanos was still in the conflict, and he still didn't bust GALXIES OMG!!!

Galactus on his own caused more collateral damage than that entire fight. Galactus > IG/Galactus/Celestials/etc?

Correct, I never said Odin accomplished that multiverse shaking feat multiple times. He accomplished that feat as many times as Galactus busted a galaxy : once. But the galaxy busting is old hat to Odin, check his respect thread. It took Galactus 40+ years to accomplish one of Odin's more moderate feats. Good for him. I realize you didn't, but all of the feats you mentioned came from one fight. Actually, galaxies were only threatened by the conflict, and Seth was the one who sent shockwaves across the multiverse... but whatever, attribute feats to Odin...

"Check his respect thread"
lol no. I don't care. I never denied it. But what I'm getting from this, is that you can't prove it, so you want me to sift through a bunch of different pages to see him 'destroying galaxies'. I ask this question to you though, can YOU personally present me a scan of Odin destroying a galaxy?

King Castle
i only believe some skyfathers can come close behind or equal to the weakest cosmic being not the actual abstracts.

maybe a crappy watcher which we have see can be pretty craptacular maybe enough but that's it and i emphasize "Maybe" and keep in mind many use M-Bodies and not truly present only a fraction of what they truly are.

zopzop
I already quoted that for you a while ago. This just proves you either ignore everything, or have a bad reading comprehension.

Also, ravaged doesn't mean destroyed. Still doesn't say a solar system was destroyed, just ravaged. Like I said in the post you quoted.

So no, you were still wrong. Average zopzop by the looks of it though.

Now I know you're either stupid or trolling :
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861727333/ravage.html
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?search=ravage&lextype=2

The entire universe : stars, planets, galaxies just twisted into nothing and reformed with Thanos victorious. I mean he only attacked the being that represents the universe and all roll eyes (sarcastic)

I inserted a word that wasn't there but it was clearly implied multiple solar systems were destroyed. You don't even know what the word : ravage means. So ...

If it was JUST the narration mentioning once you'd have a point. But then other characters basically said "all reality is in danger of dying" or something similar. The writers couldn't have made it more clear.

Regarding the IG affair, It was shown on panel that the fight only affected 616 reality. The Gems have since been retconned into only working in the universe they are native too. So unless you can prove otherwise STFU.

Thanos was toying with them. The majority of their individual assualts were laughable after they attacked him simultaneously. I mean, see for example what Love/Hate, Kronos, and the two Celestials were doing.

I'm not doing jack sxxt since I'd basically be wasting my time enlightening your ignorance. It's right there in his respect thread if you don't want to take the time to look it over, it's not my problem Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster since at least the 1970s.

Black bolt z
Then prove it.

zopzop
Then prove it.

No, I'm tired of doing your research for you. It's an acknowledged fact and backed up with scans in his respect thread. Tough xxxx if you don't believe it.

Black bolt z
No, I'm tired of doing your research for you. It's an acknowledged fact and backed up with scans in his respect thread. Tough xxxx if you don't believe it. Its your job to dig through the respect thread to prove a point. Not ours.

King Castle
it's each person's responsibility to be moderately aware of characters.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by King Castle
it's each person's responsibility to be moderately aware of characters. Its also the persons job to prove what they claim. Which he hasn't.

zopzop
Its also the persons job to prove what they claim. Which he hasn't.

This is common knowledge on these forums. Check the respect thread. You have no clue wtf you are talking about and want me to do the work for you. Don't want to peek into his respect thread? Too bad.

Black bolt z
This is common knowledge on these forums. Check the respect thread. You have no clue wtf you are talking about and want me to do the work for you. Don't want to peek into his respect thread? Too bad. Its your job to prove your claim. Not mine.

Sr J-Bieb
Now I know you're either stupid or trolling :
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861727333/ravage.html
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?search=ravage&lextype=2
I'm curious as to how long it took you to find the one definition that kind of supports your notion. Especially when you have to go to the MSN Encarta to find it. I like how the Thesaurus fits the 'destroyed' definition better though.

Here's two that fit my meaning from the first results after a search:

http://www.google.ca/dictionary?q=ravage&langpair=en|en&hl=en&sa=X&ei=m0xPTc_aCMragQf8-eH4Dw&ved=0CB0QmwMoAA

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ravaged

IE, extensive damage, cause havok on, stuff like that.
Hard to argue it completely destroyed the solar systems though with debris and planets floating around, and the meaning (in your link anyway) going from damaging, to completely wreck.

Either way, arguing semantics over it won't help on something so irrelevant. I mean, at least you admitted you were wrong on an important detail, so there's a step in the right direction.
It wasn't "MANY" like you thought. It was solar systems in the immediate vicinity getting damaged (or completely destroyed if you have you way... even though there were rocks and planets errywhere).

Trolling would be arguing that skyfather's have better feats than abstracts though and acting like it means something.

The entire universe : stars, planets, galaxies just twisted into nothing and reformed with Thanos victorious. I mean he only attacked the being that represents the universe and all roll eyes (sarcastic) That same effect was used for almost everything in that issue... it just meant to show power waves and to cover up the battle.
Right, assumptions. I thought I said assumptions weren't proof? So you thought to prove me wrong by using an assumption... is what I'm getting here?

Just because Eternity got defeated and not destroyed or killed, that doesn't mean that the universe had to wink out and be recreated... holy super assumption!

I inserted a word that wasn't there but it was clearly implied multiple solar systems were destroyed. You don't even know what the word : ravage means. So ... You inserted a word that wasn't there? So... you lied?

Even if I didn't know what a word meant, at least I didn't lie. I'd rather be stupid than a low down liar. I'd rather be stupid than stupid and a liar as well... but that's neither here nor there...

f it was JUST the narration mentioning once you'd have a point. But then other characters basically said "all reality is in danger of dying" or something similar. The writers couldn't have made it more clear.

Regarding the IG affair, It was shown on panel that the fight only affected 616 reality. The Gems have since been retconned into only working in the universe they are native too. So unless you can prove otherwise STFU. Ya bro, Dr Strange is proof enough to accept it (he's the only one who mentioned multiverse besides the yellow narration box), but the only narration and only the third person to ever see a battle isn't proof. Double standard much?

Way to dodge the question.
I asked you a pretty standard question too, your opinion on what you make of the IG having a smaller scope than Odin's battle with Seth, and you went off tangent about the scope of it.
So, I'll simply ask again and see what you say...
Does this mean that the IG is lower in power level than Odin (or Seth)?

Thanos was toying with them. The majority of their individual assualts were laughable after they attacked him simultaneously. I mean, see for example what Love/Hate, Kronos, and the two Celestials were doing. BUT HE DIDN'T BUST GALAXIES!!!
He still contributed to the attacks though. Hell, he even lashed out at all of them when Death and Mephisto attacked in anger.
Maybe the next 20 times I say it, you'll begin to understand.

I'm not doing jack sxxt since I'd basically be wasting my time enlightening your ignorance. It's right there in his respect thread if you don't want to take the time to look it over, it's not my problem Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster since at least the 1970s. Ignorance is arguing Skyfather's feats > Abstracts. Ignorance is misquoting everything you try to quote.

Wasting your time? I'm sure lying doesn't waste your time...
Like, if I have to download a couple comics just to prove some of your idiotic statements wrong, I at least except you to go over to a respect thread and copy and paste a scan or two. You have time to go argue through multiple threads about tiny details, yet you can't bring a scan from the respect thread over here?
You know what is your problem though? The burden of proof.

"I'm ready to argue some small details here, and then I'll go argue some details in this thread... hell, I might even have time to go try to deconstruct every post in this thread, BUT, I am NOT going to get a scan from that God Damned thread!"

Concession accepted though.

Sr J-Bieb
Whoops, I adressed your point too much. I should edit all that out and only respond, or somewhat respond to things I feel like responding to. Cut out some pieces of text, all that jazz.

zopzop
I'm curious as to how long it took you to find the one definition that kind of supports your notion. Especially when you have to go to the MSN Encarta to find it. I like how the Thesaurus fits the 'destroyed' definition better though.

Here's two that fit my meaning from the first results after a search:

http://www.google.ca/dictionary?q=ravage&langpair=en|en&hl=en&sa=X&ei=m0xPTc_aCMragQf8-eH4Dw&ved=0CB0QmwMoAA

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ravaged

IE, extensive damage, cause havok on, stuff like that.
Hard to argue it completely destroyed the solar systems though with debris and planets floating around, and the meaning (in your link anyway) going from damaging, to completely wreck.

Either way, arguing semantics over it won't help on something so irrelevant. I mean, at least you admitted you were wrong on an important detail, so there's a step in the right direction.
It wasn't "MANY" like you thought. It was solar systems in the immediate vicinity getting damaged (or completely destroyed if you have you way... even though there were rocks and planets errywhere).

LOL from your own god damn link :

So you are trolling me. It said solar systemS were ravaged. PLURAL.

But they do.

It warped/winked out because Thanos took Eternity's place, as he was displacing Eternity's role in the universe that's when the warp/winking happened.

No troll, I didn't quote it exactly and mistakenly inserted the word many. The scan clearly states multiple solar systemS were ravaged.

And you're not stupid, just an annoying troll.

Dr. Strange, the Surfer, Jean Grey and the narrator. Wtf more do you want? The writer to pen you a letter explaining it in more detail?

If going by the events of IG saga only? Yes compared to the Odin/Seth fight in '97 the IG saga was smaller in scope.

On panel : Seth/Odin shook the multiverse, rocked galaxies, ignited long dead stars, and threatened all reality with destruction.

Then name some feats abstractions have done that surpass skyfathers? Speaking of ignorance, learn what words mean then get back to me.

What concession, you haven't been right on anything yet and you proved you don't even know what the word ravaged means despite the fact that your own links confirm my information and recollection of the events in that comic.

The scans are there, you don't want to bother looking? Too bad.

The Transporter
1. Team 2 wins, although Hulk is obviously physically unmatched, the combined might of two patriarchal gods just plain outdoes him and Thanos.

2. I'm also going with team 2 for this one, for obvious reasons.

Uriel005
2) is pure spite sir. Odin would solo the both of them let alone adding in Zues. Even TI Thanos would be trapped in a bubble with hulk and there is not a damn thing either of them could do about it.

Badabing
Hulk claps and pantheons fall. g_hulk

zopzop
Originally posted by Badabing
Hulk claps and pantheons fall. g_hulk

Check out the latest issue of Incredible Hulk. It actually looks like he goes toe to toe with Zeus.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=7698&disp=table

Special thanks to roughrider for the link.

Utrigita
Do you have an issue number?

As far as I know concerning the "destroy the universe 10 times over" it's a forum legend, I've seen it in some old threads from 2006, but never with a scan attached. However if it exist I think Bentley (working his way through all 655 issues with Galactus) will find it.

KuRuPT Thanosi

OMG NOT AGAIN WITH THIS SHIT

KuRuPT Thanosi
When are people going to realize Zop's error and stop arguing with him about it? It's a pointless endeavor. He feels that Odin and Seth have greater feats than the LT and thus this actually means a damn thing. Isn't that all that really needs to be said on the matter...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>