Clash Of The Titans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
Today I watched it for the first time in dvd, the 2010 version obviously.
I had great hopes for it after watching the trailers, but onestly somethings could have been done better. The movie started great, you know the crescendo of the men/gods feud, Perseus finding himself involved for various reasons, he and the Argo's soldiers and the two hunters fighting along the djinn, it was kinda cool, a good mix of action and sci-fi, but the power rankings of the characters if you ask me, were somehow inconsistent.

.Perseus
With Zeus' blood in his veins, I expected him to be, let's say what Kevin Sorbo's Hercules in the tv series was. Strong, muscular, and smart, but the guy spends most of the time complaining about his family, not wanting to embrace his god side, and until the fight with the scorpions he didn't show much strength or durability. Tough he did survived being crushed against pillars, a fall from the sky into the dome of the temple were Andromeda was gonna be sacrificed, outspeeding Medusa, and lately, killing his stepfather, who was enhanced by Ades himself, but he didn't had real feats of superstrength, I would have liked to see him throw some big rock or punching someone several feet away, you know typical strength feats a guy who's a demi-god should do. The captain of the soldiers looked more demi-god than him in some instances, being older and mortal, he managed to reach for Perseus and Medus with an arrow stucked in the chest.
.Zeus, Hades, the Olympians
When Hades first shows up, he curbstomps humans without any trouble, showing gravity manipulation like when he pulled toward himself the soldiers in the throne room, fire balls, force fields, teleportation, flight, and sure his physical attributes are all enhanced as well. Considering Zeus is the leader of the olympians, we can assume he should be at least as strong as Hades if not more. Then lately in the film, without the humans worshipping him, he becomes just an old man in a shining armor who can't even try to stop Hades, but still he managed to cast lightning bolt on Perseus' magical sword and the resulting blow threw Hades back to the underworld

General_Iroh
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=456530&highlight=clash+of+the+titans+forumid%3A2

K3VIL
I mean at the end I was kinda confused. So Hades becomes stronger thanks to the men's fear, and Zeus weaker, but all it took was a lightning enhanced sword to beat him? I expected a tougher showdown with Perseus, but considering how the kid had a hard time with Medusa and Scorpions, it would have not been a fair fight. I hope in Wrath Of The Titans, the announced sequel, they kinda make the rankings clear, and maybe gave Perseus more concrete feats, also Sam Warthington should put on some good 10-15 pounds, cause he didn't looked much demi-god to me, I mean the guy ain't even the average gym dude if you look at him

Impediment
Use the posted link to discuss this in the already existing thread. Thank you, and closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.