Michael Keaton as Batman better then christian bale?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Is christian bale' better at being batman or Michael Keaton ?? I saw Batman (1989) last night and forgot how good it was

What do you guys think?

-Pr-
Bale is the superior actor, and plays both sides of the coin better than Keaton did imo.

That said, Keaton didn't need to put on the scary voice to do a good Batman voice. biscuits

Bale is better in general, imo.

coolmovies
some fans think Michael Keaton didnt do a good job as being batman

-Pr-
Originally posted by coolmovies

They're welcome to it; I'm not one of them.

Bouboumaster
IMO, Bale is the best overall Bruce Wayne/Batman
Keaton is the best Batman, but he sucks at being Wayne
Kilmer was the best Bruce Wayne, but his Batman was way, way to campy

spidermanrocks
Keaton is the best Batman in live-action IMO. But he is also the worst Bruce Wayne in live-action.
Bale is the best Bruce Wayne in live-action. And his Batman is the second best Batman in live-action (first being Keaton).
Overall, Bale is better due to him being good as both Bruce Wayne and Batman while Keaton was only good as Batman.

BruceSkywalker
Bale period, 'nuff said

Ridley_Prime
It seems to be half and half as far as Bale goes. Most others I've seen think he's a terrible actor, whether it be as Batman (particularly his voice as Batman), Bruce Wayne, etc. But I agree with what most of this thread thinks.

Doc Ock
Bale is so much better, as both Bruce and Batman.

Mr Parker

He did a good job as Batman he was just a lousy Batman.Bale is really the only true actor to play Batman the reason?
Keaton made a good Batman but sucked as Bruce Wayne.
Kilmer was bad as batman but was very good as Bruce Wayne
Clooney sucked in BOTH roles.
Bale was excellent in his portrayel of BOTH Bruce Wayne and Batman. wink

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
IMO, Bale is the best overall Bruce Wayne/Batman
Keaton is the best Batman, but he sucks at being Wayne
Kilmer was the best Bruce Wayne, but his Batman was way, way to campy

could not have said it better myself. thumb up

Bat Dude
Bale is great at both roles, but his Batman voice gets annoying in TDK. In Begins it was great.

Keaton was the best straight-up Batman of them all, imo. He had the cool, "mystery" factor that I love. With that said, his Bruce Wayne was very out-of-character.

Kilmer's Batman was pretty corny, but he captured the emotion of Bruce Wayne well, imo.

Clooney was just bad at everything.

Traction
I'd say Christian Bale. His performances as both Bruce Wayne/Batman were spot on.

Keaton wasn't so interesting as Bruce Wayne, but made for a decent, and some-what psychotic Batman.

^ Agreed with Bat Dude that Clooney was awful at everything.

-Pr-
which is kind of sad when you see his record as an actor...

the ninjak
Keaton was my favourite Batman. And his look pacticularly looked spot on.
Kilmer was a good Bruce. But his and Clooney's Batman were terrible.
Bale's Batman is a gritty realistic version. His voice made sense because people would be able to voice track him otherwise. I always laughed at the other Batmen having the exact same voice as Bruce.

But Keaton's Batman knew when to shutup when kicking ass.

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Bale is great at both roles, but his Batman voice gets annoying in TDK. In Begins it was great.

Keaton was the best straight-up Batman of them all, imo. He had the cool, "mystery" factor that I love. With that said, his Bruce Wayne was very out-of-character.

Kilmer's Batman was pretty corny, but he captured the emotion of Bruce Wayne well, imo.

Clooney was just bad at everything.

100% Agreed thumb up

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Traction

^ Agreed with Bat Dude that Clooney was awful at everything.

everybody pretty much agrees on that. big grin

General_Iroh
Yeah I agree with what most people are saying, Keaton as Bruce Wayne I always found boring as hell. Bale is able to keep me entertained as both Wayne and Batman.

Esau Cairn

You gotta seriously take into account just how heavy & bulky Keaton's Bat costume was.

Keaton could only walk stiffly in it, not run. He couldn't crouch at all & could only kick stiff legged. And lastly let's not forget the dude couldn't turn his head either.

In my opinion he played a bloody good Batman regardless of all the restrictions he was handicapped by.

Ridley_Prime
I feel it should be pointed out that Clooney is in every way a great actor in his own right. Just wasn't the right kind of guy who should've been hired to play Batman..

ares834
Keaton was the best Batman.

Bale was the best Bruce Wayne.

Conroy is Batman.

ankur29
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bale is the superior actor, and plays both sides of the coin better than Keaton did imo.

Bale is better in general, imo.

this thumb up

BUSTER1
None NONE!!!!! of those mentioned hold a candle to Quahog's own Adam West

EOT!!!!!!

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You gotta seriously take into account just how heavy & bulky Keaton's Bat costume was.

Keaton could only walk stiffly in it, not run. He couldn't crouch at all & could only kick stiff legged. And lastly let's not forget the dude couldn't turn his head either.

In my opinion he played a bloody good Batman regardless of all the restrictions he was handicapped by.

Actually, Keaton wasn't in costume for most of the time (during the action scenes). But I still agree that he played a good Batman.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I feel it should be pointed out that Clooney is in every way a great actor in his own right. Just wasn't the right kind of guy who should've been hired to play Batman..

he is ugly as hell so no way in hell should he have been hired. laughing

his looks for the party were even MORE so wrong than keatons were. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Ridley_Prime
How is Clooney ugly?

BruceSkywalker
wow, this thread has actually lasted two pages..

LMAO..

How is Clooney ugly?

don't tell that to elisabetta lol

besides until someone else comes along which shouldn't be for a very long time Bale is best on screen and Kevin Conroy is best for the cartoon

-Pr-
How is Clooney ugly?

he's not.

Badabing
Originally posted by Mr Parker
he is ugly as hell so no way in hell should he have been hired. laughing

his looks for the party were even MORE so wrong than keatons were. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
How is Clooney ugly? Originally posted by -Pr-
he's not. Seriously, 3 dudes debating another dude's looks. ermm

I may have to close and bin this thread now! sneer

Ridley_Prime
Eh, just saying.. I know some rather ugly folks/actors when I see them (regardless of gender), and Clooney certainly ain't one of them. No homo.

They could've at least tried to make him look remotely more like Bruce Wayne though (which in turn might've made up for the bat nipples and what not), but I guess that would've been asking too much out of the Batman & Robin movie wouldn't it?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Seriously, 3 dudes debating another dude's looks. ermm

I may have to close and bin this thread now! sneer

I guarantee you if i looked hard enough, i'd find a post of yours that was much worse.

the ninjak
Keaton- Batman- most iconic.

Bale- Wayne- Already achieved it in American Psycho.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Actually, Keaton wasn't in costume for most of the time (during the action scenes). But I still agree that he played a good Batman.

True, I understand about the various stunt doubles used in all the Batman movies.

I also think Bale is on par to Keaton's Batman...but as bulky a costume Keaton had, I think Bale's costume was a bit flimsy at times.

I hated the thin-ness of Bale's costume around the neck. Yeah it enabled him to turn his head side to side but it also made him look like he had a huge bubble head in some scenes.

In TDK, as dramatic as Batman interrogating the Joker was meant to be, I just couldn't take it seriously because of Bat's huge head in the close-ups.

Badabing
Eh, just saying.. I know some rather ugly folks/actors when I see them (regardless of gender), and Clooney certainly ain't one of them. No homo.

They could've at least tried to make him look remotely more like Bruce Wayne though (which in turn might've made up for the bat nipples and what not), but I guess that would've been asking too much out of the Batman & Robin movie wouldn't it? Take it easy. I was joking. durfistOriginally posted by -Pr-
I guarantee you if i looked hard enough, i'd find a post of yours that was much worse. Orly? sneer

Maybe it's time I go to the Superman forum then! osheet

biscuits

spidermanrocks
True, I understand about the various stunt doubles used in all the Batman movies.

I also think Bale is on par to Keaton's Batman...but as bulky a costume Keaton had, I think Bale's costume was a bit flimsy at times.

I hated the thin-ness of Bale's costume around the neck. Yeah it enabled him to turn his head side to side but it also made him look like he had a huge bubble head in some scenes.

In TDK, as dramatic as Batman interrogating the Joker was meant to be, I just couldn't take it seriously because of Bat's huge head in the close-ups.

I actually dislike all of the Batman costumes used in live-action except Keaton's. I never liked the Batman costumes in Nolan's films whenever they would be around too much light. However, Batman spent most of his time in the shadows and in other dark areas in the two movies. And the costume looked great in darkness IMO. So even though I didn't like the Batman suits, you can't clearly see them for most of the time because they're mostly in dark areas (where they look good in) so I don't have a problem looking at them. But I do agree that in scenes such as the interrogation scene, the costume didn't look good due to so much light turned on in that room.

Esau Cairn
I actually dislike all of the Batman costumes used in live-action except Keaton's. I never liked the Batman costumes in Nolan's films whenever they would be around too much light. However, Batman spent most of his time in the shadows and in other dark areas in the two movies. And the costume looked great in darkness IMO. So even though I didn't like the Batman suits, you can't clearly see them for most of the time because they're mostly in dark areas (where they look good in) so I don't have a problem looking at them. But I do agree that in scenes such as the interrogation scene, the costume didn't look good due to so much light turned on in that room.

Yeah the real problem I had with TDK was that Batman appeared too much in well lighted scenes namely the bank vault, Wayne's party for Harvey then the interrogation room with the Joker.

And to top it off Bruce doing re-con James Bond style in Hong Kong. Then investigating the building to find all the cops that were tied up with their uniforms stolen...it was a scene that was clearly off character for Bruce Wayne to do.

I really had a problem with TDK & to this day can't bring myself to watch it again.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by the ninjak
Bale's Batman is a gritty realistic version. His voice made sense because people would be able to voice track him otherwise. I always laughed at the other Batmen having the exact same voice as Bruce.

Pretty much.

I also want to say Burton captured Gotham better than Nolan.

spidermanrocks
Yeah the real problem I had with TDK was that Batman appeared too much in well lighted scenes namely the bank vault, Wayne's party for Harvey then the interrogation room with the Joker.

And to top it off Bruce doing re-con James Bond style in Hong Kong. Then investigating the building to find all the cops that were tied up with their uniforms stolen...it was a scene that was clearly off character for Bruce Wayne to do.

I really had a problem with TDK & to this day can't bring myself to watch it again.

Actually, the Hong Kong scene was important to the story for 2 reasons:
1) It establishes the cellphone sonar thing which comes into play later in the movie.
2) It is there to show that Batman will always get the criminals that the cops of Gotham can't. It is there to make the mob in Gotham fear Batman even more.

I know what you mean. When I first saw the movie, I also found that scene stupid. But I've come to accept it since I understand that Bruce can't go out as Batman during daylight.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Pretty much.

Based on what?

Bat Dude
Based on what?

His opinion?

spidermanrocks

Visually, yes. Storywise and character wise, no.

Mr Parker
Pretty much.

Burton had the right idea on the look of Gothem being dark and all but he went overboard though and made it to where you could hardly see what was going on most the time during the night scenes.I like to see what I am watching when i am at a movie theatre big grin Burton get the idea set in motion on how to make it look dark and gloomy but just went too far with it.Nolan nailed it and got it perfect.

aztec
Bale sucks!! I can't get past his annoying voice, on top of that I don't like his acting. I've watch the Dark Knight at least five times, and each time I find his acting boring and blant.. I can watch Michael Keaton, Danny Devito and Michelle Pfeiffer all day.. It was my favorite Batman movie, and in my opinion the best one. The good thing about DK was Joker, other than that I didn't care for any of the characters..

Batman-Prime
Keaton was the best Batman imho. Burton did an amazing job bringin an surrealistic and dark Gotham to life. Keaton was amazin as Batman and I didn't mind his cold/remote Wayne.

The new Batman was more realistic and I like it but you could change the titel to "awesome-ninja-hero" and it would still work.

GRIMNIR
Michael Keaton >>> Christian Bale
Burton's Batmans >>> Nolan's Batmans

jinXed by JaNx
For me its not a question of which actor played a better Batman but instead which director gave us a better Batman. Both Bale and Keaton have given us great performances as Batman. No one should argue that both have done a fine job in the role of Batman. Personally, however, i find the two to be very different in style. Much like Jacks Joker and Heaths Joker. I can't say who did a better acting job because the two are so very different. I can say which one i prefer but not which did a better job.

I prefer NOlans batman because he is more ruthless and feels much more realistic than Burtons. I know Burton wasnt going for realism but thats what i prefer I prefer Keatons performance though.

-Pr-
"Val Kilmer Was The Best Batman"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_movies/news/?a=48014& amp;t=Director_Joel_Schumacher_Says_Val_Kilmer_Was
_The_Best_emBatmanem

sindahouse
Keaton looked a hell of a lot better in the 89 Batman. Batman needs two characteristics to make him work, Dark & Spooky. While Nolan has Bale capture the dark side of Batman Burton did a much better job in capturing the dark and spooky side of Batman with Keaton.... as far as looks go anyway. I also prefer Burton's Gotham. Batman needs a concrete world to work.

Both actors did an amazing job with what they were given. Somehow Keatons face just looks better in the suit though. Overall however Nolan's movies appeal to me more and I say that with a heavy heart b/c as far as looks go Burton's Batman & Gotham looks better then Nolan's. Wish we could fuse Nolans story with Burtons look.

sindahouse
Wanna add another thing. Have a look at the attached pic. All actors who have played batman look like themselves in the suit, with the exception of Michael Keaton. When Keaton is in the suit he just doesn't look like Keaton somehow. He looks Nutz... Luv it.

Just my two cents. smile

Sixth_Winged
I'll rate them by ratings based in my opinion...

keaton: batman-10/bruce-7
kilmer: batman-7/bruce-9
bale: batman-8/bruce-10
clooney: batman-3/bruce-4

reasoning: While bale has the highest score for me overall, as another person have pointed, he had to use a fake scary voice. Serious letdown IMO and very hard to take seriously at times. Keaton needs no such thing to become intimidating as his voice can reach such assertive tone without needing to be exagerrated too much. Buuuut he really doesn't look the part of Bruce Wayne.

Sabretooth
Bale pointed out in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that he does the role with the thought that there are actually three distinct aspects to Bruce Wayne: The public billionaire playboy, the private Bruce who is still childlike in some respects, and the scourge of Gotham's underworld.
Bale is the only one who nails all three in my opinion. His voice did irritate me a few times though, but he didn't sound anything like he did as Bruce. He is the only one of the acters I probably wouldn't be able to tell who was in the costume in real life.

Darth Jello
I really have a hard time with these kind of debates. Personally, my favorite Batman is Kevin Conroy and think he could easily play the role in live action.

Keaton and Bale were both good Batmen and I really don't know who was qualitatively better. I do think that Bale was the right Batman for Nolan's movies and that no other live action Batman (except maybe Conroy) would've worked in those movies just like Christian Bale wouldn't have worked in Tim Burton's movies or in the Adam West tv show.

starlock
Michael Keaton all the way. Bale doe snot come close, to me he is the worst Batman and Bruce, weird though, i like him as an actor.

Bobby_Fette
Originally posted by starlock
Michael Keaton all the way. Bale doe snot come close, to me he is the worst Batman and Bruce, weird though, i like him as an actor.

No offense, starlock, but I always thought of Michael Keaton as the flabby, out-of-shape Batman. A padded muscle suit just doesn't disguise the fact that as Bruce Wayne, he is way too thin and unathletic to be a convincing Batman.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
For me its not a question of which actor played a better Batman but instead which director gave us a better Batman. Both Bale and Keaton have given us great performances as Batman. No one should argue that both have done a fine job in the role of Batman. Personally, however, i find the two to be very different in style. Much like Jacks Joker and Heaths Joker. I can't say who did a better acting job because the two are so very different. I can say which one i prefer but not which did a better job.

I prefer NOlans batman because he is more ruthless and feels much more realistic than Burtons. I know Burton wasnt going for realism but thats what i prefer I prefer Keatons performance though.

I can respect the hell out of that! Though I will say I prefer the unrealistic version of batman. But bale could turn his head. Believe it or not I thought that rocked!

jedi90
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Man, what are you smoking? Keaton's batman was way more ruthless. Not only did keaton's batman kill the main villain but his henchmen too. Lets have a body count:

Keaton: killed joker, bashed henchman's head into giant bell before throwin him to his death, lit a man on fire with the batmobile, put a bomb down a man's pants, killed penguin, blew up a factory of joker's workers

Bale: Ras al ghul?

as far as your realism goes, both wore padded black bullet proof ammor. They both used a grappling gun and had an almost indestructible car. both used martial arts and were hated by the police.

mastagambit
Originally posted by the ninjak

Agreed here.
Keaton is my favorite Batman.
I loved his look,the costume was awesome and really captured how Batman is at the time in the comics.
Also I LOVE his Batmobile.
His version is the best.

C-3POTheClever
Both are good but I think Micheal Keaton is better. He's just so good at appearing naturally threataning without overdoing it.

Esau Cairn
Keaton has my respect as Batman however he came across as a bit too aloof for Wayne.

Esau Cairn
Visually, yes. Storywise and character wise, no.

Nolan did a great take on Gotham in Begins then he got lazy for the 2 movies after using real locations in America. Not once was I convinced it was gotham City in TDKR.

deepblue
Burton presented his Batman as a dark, mysterious, silent character and Keaton did just that with his stares. I think that's the way he can intimidate with all the limitations his suit gives him. His costume and gadgets were true to the design of the comic book and it worked well for him. His Bruce didn't really clicked to me. It came as dull and boring. The way I see Gotham in this movie is more like a comic book look which works well for that time. I can say the overall look is a great direct adaptation of the comics. Story-wise, it flops for me that I think Burton did all the aesthetics and fitted his story to suit the looks.

Nolan for me on the other hand, created his story first, then fitted Batman into that story - and he really knows how to tell a story. He created his Batman, not from the comic books, but from how he envisioned Batman (if he were real) to exist in our current world/age. I think that's the major gripe most comic book fans have but for us, who weren't really into comics, it works really well. I for one, started looking at comic books and how it portrays Batman after Batman Begins (2005) and I still like Nolan's universe.

Nolan's Batman as I see it, is a persona of exuding with rage and violence but still adheres to his strict code never to kill. What Bale's Batman lacked in the quality of his stares, he made up for with action and Bale's physique is all in for that. I actually liked how the action films in Begins were shown in the eyes of the victims in which you only saw shadows and fists and then you're out. I actually felt fear, as if it were a horror movie with Batman as the scary creature (which was the intent of the film). In TDK and TDKR, we saw the actions as third person and I liked it. Moves not too flashy and were quickly executed, which I think is what Batman in our age will do. While I do think Bale's batvoice is over the top and kind of forced here, I think it works well when he is interrogating crooks (scene on BB where he interrogates Flass hanging upside down). Still I hope he should've used the toned down version of his batvoice for normal conversations, like the one he used when talking to Rachel Dawes at the train station after beating the men sent to kill Rachel. I also liked his batwhisper; the voice he used when he talked to Gordon for the first time (Begins) and when Gordon is in the hospital in TDKR. As for the batsuit, I think I am in the minority who liked the TDK version over the BB version over Keaton's batsuit. He just looks more intimidating in a way that you know his suit is somehow an indestructible armor and not just some rubber suit meant for disguise. I also liked the modern look and feel it gives out. Now on to Bale's Bruce Wayne which he nailed perfectly in my opinion. I just loved how he had 2 peronas as Bruce - the male Paris Hilton version (carefree, arrogant, playboy) and the real him, tortured, calculative, and caring in which I think he conveyed more emotion, more depth to the character. The Tumbler is a beast (looks and function-wise), and works really well with the movie's motif about fear. This Batman doesn't care about looks but all for functionality, and I liked that concept. The setting, well, it is not comic book Gotham but a present-day city. I just see that Nolan is consistent in the version of Batman that he created while telling a really compelling story.

At the end of it all, I think it boils down to personal taste - the direct comic book adaptation or the modern translation of the comic book. Burton or Nolan. I prefer the latter.

Mr. Rhythmic
Bale is so superior to Keaton's Batman that it amazes me that it's a competition, imo.

-Pr-
Keaton was a superior Batman for me; Bale was a better Bruce.

Bouboumaster
Keaton was a superior Batman for me; Bale was a better Bruce.

thumb up

maham
I was never a Batman fan but after Christopher Nolan's series, I think I've become one. Really like the series and Bale plays the role really well for me. Christian Bale all the way for me. thumb up

P.S. Hate the previous Batman films. whistle

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Bale is so superior to Keaton's Batman that it amazes me that it's a competition, imo.
I cant believe this thread is STILL alive.but that being said,this is what else i cant believe,we actually agree on something about the batman movies.amazing. laughing

you arent kidding on that.Bale is the one and ONLY true Bruce wayne/Batman.all the others are all phony wanna be imposters.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by maham
I was never a Batman fan but after Christopher Nolan's series, I think I've become one. Really like the series and Bale plays the role really well for me. Christian Bale all the way for me. thumb up

P.S. Hate the previous Batman films. whistle

as any true Batman fan WOULD.you got good taste. rock thumb up

Like I said,Bale is the one and only true Batman.all the others are phony wanna be imposters.The other batman movies are a disgrace to the comicbook and Burton and Schumacher should be shot for taking a crap on the batman franchise like they did with their montrocities.

-Pr-
Keaton was fine as Batman. If someone prefers Bale, all power to them; he played the role well.

Whining about it doesn't change anything.

Newjak

Bruce was the best overall Bruce/Batman

Kazenji
Wow the usual forced opinion on people deal from Mr Parker.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Newjak

Bruce was the best overall Bruce/Batman

Who's this "Bruce" chap? stick out tongue

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

Keaton's Batman was so superior to Bale's representation in staggering levels.

Bat Dude
Bale's Batman was extremely self-righteous and hypocritical (goes on about how he doesn't kill but has no problem sending people into a coma or breaking all of their bones). That's a major problem with the modern era Batman in general, though, not just his portrayal.

Bale's Bruce Wayne was the best part of his performance, imo. It was A+ work, actually.

If they took Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne and Michael Keaton's Batman (minus the killing) and put them together, it'd be the ultimate portrayal on film.

dadudemon
Keaton was better at Wayne and Batman, imo.

Newjak
Who's this "Bruce" chap? stick out tongue See Bale was such a good Bruce Wayne I instinctively link the two interchangeably now stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
Keaton was stiff as Bruce Wayne and Batman

Bale was great all around period... He made the role his own and now future adaptations of Bruce/Batman will be forever compared to how Christian Bale portrayed Bruce/Batman

Silent_Bomber
Keaton was way, way better in both aspects IMO.

Bale's Batman is good and all, but he's really not very intimidating and doesn't have as much presence. Bale's Bruce Wayne is FAR too well adjusted in everyday life to be a masked vigilante who spends his time beating people up, Keaton's Bruce Wayne comes across as pensive, damaged, and volatile, much more apt given the circumstances of his character IMO.

alan smithee
to bales credit he has shown a steady line of well developed characters starting with empire of the sun to american psycho and to the machinist. his range as an actor is greater than keaton.

SevenShackles
My list goes
Adam West #1
Michael Keaton #2
Christian Bale #3

Bale and Keaton more or less tie at 2 but I enjoy what Keaton brought to the role more than what Bale did. Bale just played the role, he was Bruce/batman, cool. But Keaton made the role his own and injected more personality into it. As Bruce he had his moments where he seemed a tad crazy/without a care (threatening the joker, I think. It's been awhile) then as batman seemed more natural despite being in a rubber suit.
Eh my opinion anyway.

Zack Fair
Keaton was a superior Batman for me; Bale was a better Bruce. thumb up

zeel

Keaton was the better batman in my book but bale was the best bruce wayne.

What turned me off with bale's batman was the voice. I mean it was massively over done and extremely FAKE. HE sounded like somebody was chokeing him at all times.

DARTH POWER
Although Keaton might have portrayed a slightly better Batman, Bale was the overall best Batman and Bruce Wayne Imho.

His voice didn't annoy me until the 3rd one. But still I get it. To disguise himself and to come across as someone whose out to get people, he has to put on a voice. When the other Batmen didn't really change their voice at all (especially Clooney) that was silly Imo.

iscaremonkeys
I think christian bale. Unlike most people I actually preferred his voice over Keaton

maham
I found Bale to be the best. All the last batman films seem pathetic to me in comparison to Bale's batman. Except for the voice. Though its need id understandable it wasn't good for the entertainment aspect of it. Everything he said was made rather comical because of the voice change. Also I think Christopher Nolan's whole take on the films also upped Bale's Batman. His background story of Bruce Wayne and his journey to become batman is what took the series to a new level.

riv6672
Definitely not a Bale/Nolan fan. I found the movies boring. The only thing that saved the second was Ledger's performance.
Bale was a tolerable Wayne, and an abysmal gravel voiced Batman.
This has put me in the minority since say one, but i'm okay with that.
I really DO respect the movies for what they brought to the genre, but i wont willingly watch them.

Esau Cairn
Bale had 3 movies to get the persona right & the best he could do was a gravelly voice.
Bale showed potential in Begins, then played Batman as a bully in TDK to becoming a minor character in TDKR.

riv6672
Wow, i am totally using that synopsis in the future!

sindahouse
I really think it depends on what characteristics we want to compare and what Batman characteristic appeals to you. For me I always liked the mysterious shadowy spooky side of Batman. Therefore as far as looks go Keaton's Batman wins every time, as shown. However as a total package, so taking into account the darkness, the fighting & the action Bale's Batman is for me is better...

Doc Ock
Not in a million years is the deadly dull Keaton better than Bale's Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.