Sundipped Superman Vs. Zoom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Sundips like OWAW..

Galan007
Hm, interesting.

Zoom would still be far, far faster than Supes, but I'm not sure how much damage he'd be able to cause..? confused

Sirius77
Zoom.

Allankles
Non sun dipped Superman would beat Zoom (heat vision the battlefield).

Sundipped just makes it easier, if he doesn't want to be moved, Zoom isn't moving him.

iceman24567
Zoom wins

Allankles
How is Zoom moving him let alone hurting him? He has one loss to WW after he hurts her a bit and now he can beat Supes, especially a Supes choke full of power? There's other version of amped Supes that would treat him like a flea, like the time he was overloaded with power and got a hulked up body.

Either way Zoom loses to another top tier.

-Pr-
Waits for someone to bring up "THAT" Wonder Woman scan.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007

Zoom would still be far, far faster than Supes, not really, wonder woman was able to keep up with zoom

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Uriel005
Originally posted by Starscream M
not really, wonder woman was able to keep up with zoom it's called PIS if time is stopped for everyone but you then no one other than superspeedsters who can perceive time differently will ever stop you

Galan007
Originally posted by Allankles
Non sun dipped Superman would beat Zoom (heat vision the battlefield). It's hard to HV the battlefield when you are literally a statue in comparison to your opponent.

That said, in no way/shape/form is Superman faster than a PIS-free Zoom. Here's a scan depicting that fact:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5653/zoomspeed1.th.jpg
(Superman was specifically shown as one of the heroes who were simply too slow to help Flash fight Zoom.)

Even after a sundip he's not going to be faster than Zoom -- or at least I've never seen anything alluding to him gaining THAT much of a speed boost upon doing so..

not really, wonder woman was able to keep up with zoom none

WW used her lasso to gain the upper hand on Zoom in issue #214 of her series -- but I have a few problems with that:

a.) For the lasso to even touch Zoom he MUST have been moving significantly slower than normal.... Either that, or Dianna can throw her lasso FTL. You pick.
b.) In a much more recent encounter, Zoom was able to easily break free of her lasso, while also dealing with the likes of Hal and Superman. This tells me that she may have been able to contain him when he was a noob, but certainly not after he became accustomed to his powers.

Starscream M

WW used her lasso to gain the upper hand on Zoom in issue #214 of her series -- but I have a few problems with that:

a.) For the lasso to even touch Zoom he MUST have been moving significantly slower than normal.... Either that, or Dianna can throw her lasso FTL. You pick.
b.) In a much more recent encounter, Zoom was able to easily break free of her lasso, while also dealing with the likes of Hal and Superman. This tells me that she may have been able to contain him when he was a noob, but certainly not after he became accustomed to his powers. how about the time Wondy trapped zoom by kicking three pebbles around his vicinity?

you can't pick and choose as you please, Galan erm

Galan007
how about the time Wondy trapped zoom by kicking three pebbles around his vicinity?

you can't pick and choose as you please, Galan erm Pick and choose? Not at all. Disregarding events of PIS? Definitely (that's a forum rule, after all.)

Why are the ridiculous showings you're clinging to PIS? Because when we have a character who is so fast that he consistently makes Wally friggin' West (even amped) look pathetically slow, when we have a character who is so fast that Superman himself is a statue in comparison, when we have a character whose 'speed' is based on time being frozen around him, it's logical to assume that subduing him in the ways you've mentioned literally defines PIS.

And as I said before, Zoom effortlessly broke free of Dianna's lasso in a far more recent encounter, while also dealing with Supes and Hal. So now you're left with, what? Rock kicking? srsly

iceman24567
Starscream pwned the ammount of lowballing being used by some people laughing

Starscream M
Pick and choose? Not at all. Disregarding events of PIS? Definitely (that's a forum rule, after all.)

Why are the ridiculous showings you're clinging to PIS? Because when we have a character who is so fast that he consistently makes Wally friggin' West (even amped) look pathetically slow, when we have a character who is so fast that Superman himself is a statue in comparison, when we have a character whose 'speed' is based on time being frozen around him, it's logical to assume that subduing him in the ways you've mentioned literally defines PIS.

And as I said before, Zoom effortlessly broke free of Dianna's lasso in a far more recent encounter, while also dealing with Supes and Hal. So now you're left with, what? Rock kicking? srsly

listen up pal....and listen up good!

I'm a vet, I know how to debate and I know what PIS is.

Wally and Wondy had how many encounters? 3 or 4

in the majority of those encounters, Wondy was able to subdue Wally..either through lasso or strategic means (rocks)

so I don't care about his encounters with superman looking like a statue (maybe THAT was PIS...did that ever occur to you?), the majority of his encounters against Wondy has Wondy having the upperhand

celeyhyga17
Hmm.. I wonder how fast a sundipped Supes can move...

D_Dude1210
http://img832.imageshack.us/i/zoomspeed1.jpg/

I once posted computations that show that the Zoom/Wally fight had them moving just slightly over light speed in this specific instance. ;P

Galan007
l Stopped reading.

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
http://img832.imageshack.us/i/zoomspeed1.jpg/

I once posted computations that show that the Zoom/Wally fight had them moving just slightly over light speed in this specific instance. ;P Considering we weren't given an exact amount of time the battle had been going on for, your computations can't be banked on.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hmm.. I wonder how fast a sundipped Supes can move... Not fast enough to see Zoom.

Although can Zoom do enough damage to supes to but him down?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Not fast enough to see Zoom.
interesting....based on what?

Galan007
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Although can Zoom do enough damage to supes to but him down? Doubtful. OWAW Supes was an absolute beast.

interesting....based on what? Wally, amped with the speed of Bart and Jay, couldn't even perceive Zoom as more than a blur. Sundipped or not, Supes has no feats suggestive of being able to react to Zoom's level of speed.

Black bolt z
interesting....based on what? I don't know. Mabye his feats?

Starscream M

Wally, amped with the speed of Bart and Jay, couldn't even perceive Zoom as more than a blur. Sundipped or not, Supes has no feats suggestive of being able to react to Zoom's level of speed. ok, but iirc, didn't sundipped superman enter a different level of consciousness?

I mean its kinda baseless to speculate what he could perceive in that state imo

Black bolt z
Doubtful. OWAW Supes was an absolute beast.

Wally, amped with the speed of Bart and Jay, couldn't even perceive Zoom as more than a blur. Sundipped or not, Supes has no feats suggestive of being able to react to Zoom's level of speed. So really a stalemate. Zoom can't hurt supes and supes can see zoom.

Galan007
ok, but iirc, didn't sundipped superman enter a different level of consciousness?

I mean its kinda baseless to speculate what he could perceive in that state imo That's why I said he doesn't have feats suggestive of such. All we can do is speculate.

Starscream M
That's why I said he doesn't have feats suggestive of such. All we can do is speculate. ok, agreed.

celeyhyga17
Doubtful. OWAW Supes was an absolute beast.

Wally, amped with the speed of Bart and Jay, couldn't even perceive Zoom as more than a blur. Sundipped or not, Supes has no feats suggestive of being able to react to Zoom's level of speed.

so if you were a betting man, who wins this?

leonidas
Stopped reading.

sorry starscream--that was DAMN funny. THAT is why he's my partner. big grin

as for the fight--have we ever seen sun-dipped kal hurt or really pushed in a fight? can't recall all the scenes in oww.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
sorry starscream--that was DAMN funny. THAT is why he's my partner. big grin

as for the fight--have we ever seen sun-dipped kal hurt or really pushed in a fight? can't recall all the scenes in oww. bashful

Not that I can remember. Any time we've seen Supes sundip, he's shredded through any opposition without much effort. God help Zoom if Supes DOES manage to grab ahold of him. eek!

Uriel005
bashful

Not that I can remember. Any time we've seen Supes sundip, he's shredded through any opposition without much effort. God help Zoom if Supes DOES manage to grab ahold of him. eek! big if there

Ambient
Supes 10/10.. All he needs to do is turn the battleground to ashes, that should greatly reduce Zoom speed for a 1 hit KO..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Ambient
Supes 10/10.. All he needs to do is turn the battleground to ashes, that should greatly reduce Zoom speed for a 1 hit KO..

are u referring to Shokosugi's "1 billion heat vision beams, napalm baby!" attacks?

stick out tongue

Galan007
Originally posted by Ambient
Supes 10/10.. All he needs to do is turn the battleground to ashes, that should greatly reduce Zoom speed for a 1 hit KO.. Don't see that happening, tbh.

Ambient
lol's yahh.. 1 billion beam attack but really 1 beam should do the trick.... big grin

It should work less of course Zoom can finitely run in space..

Philosophía
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/hventireplanet1.jpg
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/hventireplanet2.jpg

Galan007
What the? What's that from, Phil?

It just seems WAY beyond what Supes is normally capable of.

Philosophía
He was sun-amped after going inside the Cannibal Planet (who eats suns) and freezing its brain.

That really is as awesome as it sounds. Adventures of Superman 620.

psycho gundam
^ that scan is misleading since the heat is not focused/intense.

the hottest temperature caused by solar exposure are around 40+ celsius, so in terms of damage that wide heat vision feat isn't a threat as superman was attempting to restore normal sunlight.

if anyone knows the sun's output which strikes the earth, this may show the heat generated by his heat vision if math is applied to the distance he had to go to to cover the whole face of the earth + the heat necessary to equal the sun's output (on the earth), then by reducing the angle you can get the factor (or geometric factor) his his HV focuses the solar rays.

geek

Philosophía
I think you mis-understood the purpose of that scan - it was soley to show that he can do wide-area heat vision attacks. The intensity is entirely dictated by Superman.

psycho gundam
no offense or anything, but i'd like evidence of just that

Philosophía
Seriously? He has used it to heat Jimmy, for example.

psycho gundam
yeah, you're going to have to spoon feed this one pal

issue #, scan?

Galan007

Philosophía
Originally posted by psycho gundam
yeah, you're going to have to spoon feed this one pal

issue #, scan? Superman v2 153. He does the same thing to Lois in Adventures of Superman 623, while pointing out how Lois shouldn't worry since he has complete control.

But this shouldn't really be needed because, quite frankly, it's logical.

batdude123
Also, this:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8360/08222005124926pm7ji.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3679/08222005125029pm5zg.jpg

psycho gundam
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1453/advofsupes62306.jpg

my only concern is if it's the same for a blast the same breadth as the earth covering one

Allankles
Pretty awesome. Never seen that one. thumb up

So yeah, if Supes gets the opportunity to use HV --especially with his OWAW mindset-- Zoom dies.

Just got back.

That's the scan I reference when I talk about Supes HV'ing the battle field. Should have been more specific.

Galan007
Yeah, it would definitely work IF Supes got the opportunity to do so (big if, though.) Also remember that, while rarely seen, Zoom does possess vibrational control over his body that allows him to mimic intangibility.

Regardless, I can't imagine Zoom being able to cause much lasting damage to OWAW Supes. He's just a beast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.