STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Lost, Confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX
Belseraphon

Edna is sleeping fitfully on Belseraphon, a dusty orange world that serves as the home of the Order of Miramar, a group of lethal warriors. Kuylen has put them under his employ by less-than-honorable means. In order to keep them under control, he has sent Edna to monitor the situation. But recent visions have distracted her...

-

You are walking along the dim stone corridors of the Order's Citadel when you emerge into the faded orange light of day. A two-man ship has arrived, bearing a man. He is an older gentlemen, with a scruffy beard and a battered leather trenchcoat. He is powerful in the Force, like you.

The Miramar have turned out to welcome him... you can sense their frustration keenly. The Miramar do not like you any more than they like this newcomer.

"Hello Edna," he says.

"Who are you?" you ask.

"I am your replacement," he says, "after you leave Belseraphon."

"But I haven't..."

"You haven't YET. You will, though."

"How do you know?"

"I have foreseen it. And so have you. Belseraphon is about to become very dangerous, and there is nothing for you here."

"I don't understand."

"Well, that's on you."

"How are you talking to me?"

"I am not. The Force is using a presence that you have felt coming to speak to you. It wants to tell you something important. Now come, Kuylen's plan is coming to fruition. Follow me."

You follow Takuan back into the stone corridors of the Citadel... but it is not the Citadel you are in. You are in a darker place, a place of great evil. Blue waves of energy crackle through the stone. This place is doomed.

"Where are we?"

"The Mausoleum of Demnos," Takuan says. "Where Kuylen leads us."

At the end of the dark hall, there is a Sith Lord standing before a sarcophagus. It is empty and he turns, hands upraised.

"He hasn't told me about this..."

"But the Force IS, little Orphan," snarls the Sith Lord. "Listen to it!"

"I don't understand!"

The Sith Lord extends his hands and you collapse in a fit of pain, lightning coursing through your body and slowly killing you.

Suddenly, there is a violent explosion, followed by the death screams of a billion lives ending...

-

Welcome to "Lost and Confused," an episode of the Retrospection games.As an episode of this series, "Lost" will be a very personal plotline, exploring events involving the players' characters. Going off of Ushgarak's Star Wars role-playing game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play's past. In this case, Edana Vashti, better known as Edna, has departed from Kuylen's plans to pursue her own destiny, having sensed that the goals of her Master are not to be met...

Though hunted by the Jedi Order, Edna is not a primary target and she is wandering the Galaxy in pursuit of her destiny. The Force has called her away from Kuylen and his Dark Jedi, but it has not told her where she must go next.

The time period is set in 32 BBY- shortly after The Phantom Menace and a month after Edna fled Belseraphon. With nowhere to go, Edna has decided to return to the Meridian sector, to find the remains of Yarric Dorsa's slavery ring and what has become of her mother...

REXXXX
Nar Shaddaa

Edna- you are currently on Nar Shaddaa, known as the Smuggler's Moon. You have been using your talents to stow away on countless vessels trying to get here. Since deciding that your vision on Belseraphon told you to run... you have been running. From what, you are not sure.

Kuylen always did tell you that you could leave, so you are not concerned that he will send his followers after you. And you have left the Republic, so the Jedi will have a harder time following you. Instead, you are concerned about bounty hunters.

You chose to come to Nar Shaddaa despite the increased risk of meeting bounty hunters that would try to take out the contract on your life. From here you can get passage to anywhere, and you are hoping to hire a pilot to take you to the Meridian sector... to return to your roots.

You have approach a cantina on the lower levels- the Solar Skater. You should be able to find someone in here worthy of being your galactic chauffeur...

Edna Witch
Edna walks into the cantina, head low. She takes a seat at the bar, nods at the barman who heavily puts down the fowlest smelling grog in front of her.

Edna takes a drink, ignoring the smell and glances round the busy cantina.

REXXXX
The Solar Skater isn't the nicest of places in the Galaxy. A thick smoke hangs in the air from all the various smoking implements going around, making it hard to see in the already dim-lighting. Places like this are still a little hard on your Force-given senses. You have trouble blocking out the thoughts and emotions of everyone in here.

You see a lot of thuggish types in here. Not so many spacers as you had been told.

Edna Witch
Edna leans forward towards the bar to get the barman's attention. He looks at her with an unfriendly expression on his face but comes to speak to her anyway.

"You want somethin'?"

"Yeah I'm looking for someone who'll give me passage on a ship - nn questions asked. You know someone like that?"

REXXXX
The bartender gives a curt nod and points you toward one of the booths in the back.

Edna Witch
Edna takes one more glug of grog (which is now leaving a vile aftertaste in her mouth) slides off the stool and heads towards the back to investigate the dimly lit booth. The booth is surrounded on 3 sides so she can't glimpse anyone inside it until she is practically at the table. She tries to sense any hostility as she approaches.

REXXXX
No hostility to be sensed. Sitting inside the booth is a very slick character, a man with dark slicked back hair and a widow's peak, thick trimmed sideburns, wearing a stylish leather jacket and with sleek spacer's boots up on the table.

And there is a rather sizeable revolver-like blaster on the table.

"Can I help you?" asks the man.

Edna Witch
Edna slides into the booth and pulls her hood back.

"That depends. I'm not sure you're who I'm looking for. You seem a little well-dressed for a hell hole such as this"

Edna thinks about her own appearance and considers he must see her as little more than a street urchin wearing a ragid tunic and a very filthy oversized old cloak.

REXXXX
"Hey, I like how I dress, thanks," says the man. He does indeed seem to be scrutinizing your outfit. "Who are you looking for?"

Edna Witch
Edna looks at him and smiles in a response to his jovial response. He seems easy going enough.

"I'm looking for someone on their way off this rock. Know anyone who might fit that description?"

REXXXX
The man smirks.

"Looking for passage from someone with a ship?" he asks. "You've come to the right place."

Edna Witch
Edna thinks it unlikely he'll take her without paying some inordinate sum but figures bargaining is worth a try before resorting to more covert methods.

"Passage indeed. I need to get to the Meridian Sector. As you can see my pockets are not brimming with credits but I'm a resourceful creature so perhaps I could offer you some service in return?"

REXXXX
"Uhh..." the spacer says. "What can you do?"

Edna Witch
Edna sits back and tries not to look too cocky - clearly he hasn't heard of my reputation or simply isn't greedy enough for the bounty. For once she was actually counting on her reputation preceding her.

"Well a girl like me has many talents people are willing to pay for. The name's Edna by the way. And what I can do, completely depends on what you need!"

REXXXX
Reputation is actually a Merit that you can choose- Galder has it and is recognized as a psychopathic mass murderer. Without it, unless someone knows you or is looking for you specifically, it is less likely for Edna to be recognized immediately.

If you filled him in, he might put two-and-two together.

-

The spacer does not seem entirely comfortable with the implications of that.

"I don't really need any 'services,' thank you," he says. "Rya Hiroshi. You may have heard of me..."

You have no idea who he is.

-

And yes, this is the Ally you gave Edna. You are meeting him for the first time.

Edna Witch
(I was hoping he would be Rya!)

----------------------------------

Edna feels slightly more at ease from his lack of recognition. Clearly he isn't a bounty hunter interested in the price on her head - not that he really looks the part anyway!

"Should I have?" Edna looks at him quizically. "I'm afraid you'll have to fill me in. So anyway I really am looking for a way off this dump so what would you accept in return for passage? I'd like to be on my way as soon as possible with a minimum of fuss. I'm sort of a collectors item to the right buyer at present, dead or alive, so I'd like to keep a low profile."

REXXXX
Rya looks a little hurt at not being known.

"So are a lot of people getting off of Nar Shaddaa," Rya says. "People that actually have money to spend. Look, if you're so resourceful, why don't you just go out and get money and come back?"

Edna Witch
For the briefest moment, Edna considers murdering a wealthy merchant for his money but quickly dismissed it as not her style and far more hassle than she can be bothered with right now. "I think you are mistaking my resources for those of a common street urchin."

She leans forward and keeps her voice low. "I have something to offer you that money simply can't buy. Have you ever considered how your life could be easier if you had the skills of a jedi at your disposal? Unlike a weak Jedi, I have no qualms with trading my skills where they can be of use to others. It can be a huge advantage to have someone like me to watch your back."

REXXXX
"A Jedi?" Rya says, now frowning. "Hah, you? No way."

Edna Witch
That makes Edna mad. If she didn't need passage so badly she'd be inclined to demonstrate her abilities in the force with a throat grip but as satisfying as that would be, harming her pilot would probably not be the best move! She sits back and scowls then the blaster on the table catches her eye.

----------------------
Rex, can I lift the revolver with the force and turn it on him?

REXXXX
Since Edna has Precision... yes, she could. Lacking any talent for blasters, you wouldn't be able to do more than point it. He doesn't know that, though.

Edna Witch
Originally posted by REXXXX
Since Edna has Precision... yes, she could. Lacking any talent for blasters, you wouldn't be able to do more than point it. He doesn't know that, though.

Since I really don't want to kill him I wouldn't want to fire it anyway! But hopefully it will get his attention.
--------------------------------------------

Edna feels for the blaster with the force, raises it and turns it on Rya letting a smug expression cross her face. That'll teach him for doubting her!

"Looks can deceiving, don't you think?"

REXXXX
Rya yelps in surprise and pushes back against his seat, but he has nowhere to go.

"Look, threatening me won't work!" Rya says in a strained whisper. "I need the money! I'm sorry! Give me back my gun!"

Edna Witch
Edna lets the blaster drop to the table with a clatter and sits back looking disappointed. "Sorry, I wasn't trying to threaten you - simply a demonstration. I am serious though about what I can offer you. The force is more than just magic tricks. I can sense the emotions of the shady characters you have to deal with and warn you if they are trying to trick you. I really can watch your back for danger." Edna puts the hood of her cloak back up as if about to leave. "But if money really is the only thing you value, then I'm clearly wasting my time here".

-------------------------------
Rex - is he really going to accept nothing but money (of which, of course, I am assuming I have none!)?

REXXXX
You are a little strapped for cash indeed. Kuylen allocated a little of the gold supply to you but it is running out.

"Let me think about it," Rya says. "I'll be here until tomorrow. Meet me then and we'll talk."

He thinks about something.

"Do you have one of those... you know... laser sword things?"

Edna Witch
Edna chuckles. "You mean my lightsabre? Of course! Well, until tomorrow then." Edna gets up to leave for real this time but before she leaves the booth she says "By the way I like the jacket. It suits you!" She smiles and walks away from him and back out of the cantina into the busy street.

REXXXX
Rya watches you go. You sense that he is intrigued.

Edna- you leave the cantina and step into the street. Where will you go now? You are painfully aware that you have no accommodations here on Nar Shaddaa.

Edna Witch
Hmmmmm nowhere to sleep in scum central - my favourite. Ok Rex can you help me out a bit here? What is around? What are my suggested options?

REXXXX
You have two skills that could be relevant here- Survival or Savoir-Faire.

A good roll in Survival will allow you to slum it on the streets for a night safely.

A good roll in Savoir-Faire means you know the lay of the land (figuratively), and therefore people you could talk to or places you could go for shelter.

The ideas need to come from you, but I am happy to drop hints.

Edna Witch
Sorry I am a wee bit out of practice and still getting to grips with Ush's rules - hints always appreciated. Can I go down the savoir-faire route in the hope of finding somewhere to take shelter?

REXXXX
Certainly! Probably the better route anyway.

For skill checks, we take a Stat and a Skill and combine them to make your dice pool. This will be an Intelligence + Savoir-Faire check, as Edna is checking to see if she knows anywhere she can go.

Edna has an Intelligence of 4 and a Savoir-Faire skill of 2, for a total of 6 dice. What you want to roll are 5s and 6s; they count as successes, and the more successes you accumulate, the better!

So I roll six dice... and you got four 5s.

It turns out that Edna knows quite a bit about Nar Shaddaa!

First, I will ask- do you remember Shareth the Hutt? From the Damagran debacle?

Edna Witch
I indeed do - Didn't she get us past that blockade in the end? I guess I am off in search of her.

REXXXX
She did! Shareth the Hutt is an associate of Kuylen's. You do not know their history, but she did help you guys out. Then again, she helped you out when you had a great deal of gold... but it is your best shot.

You are walking away from the cantina to make for Shareth's when you sense you are being followed.

Edna Witch
Can I sense anything about what is on the mind of the person following me? Their emotions I mean?

REXXXX
What you need there is the power Scan. You have that, so you can check his emotions for free.

He is drug-addled and aggressive.

Edna Witch
Marvelous! Just what I need to stay low key. Can i duck into a shaded alley or similar and wait for him to find me.

REXXXX
Certainly! Plenty of those around. It's as if Nar Shaddaa was made entirely of dark alleys.

It turns out that this man is not alone. As you duck into the alleyway, you sense more coming with him after you. About six total. They are a motley bunch of scruffy street thugs.

Edna Witch
Edna senses the 6 thugs behind her and once in the Alley, she halts, turns around and addresses them. "Is there something I can do for you all? Or were you just looking to die a painful death?"

REXXXX
At first they are surprised, then they laugh.

"Big words for a girl so small," sneers the leader, the one you sensed first. "We just wanted to say hello, didn't we boys?"

More grotesque laughter.

Edna Witch
If Edna hadn't grown up around men like this she'd almost be repulsed but as it is she's just mildly irritated.

"I'm sure you did. And I'm so pleased to meet you all but you've really chosen the wrong victim for your little games."

Edna focuses her attentions on the leader and smiles.
---------------

Rex - as I have Grip, can I get the leader in a force grip to strangle him?

REXXXX
You can! It is a Force roll to see how strong your Grip is. Only one success needed to start it.

Edna Witch
Ok I'll try it then.

REXXXX
Edna has a Force Attack rating of 8, upped to 11 by Precision. You roll 5 successes.

Feel free to describe what happens once Edna starts strangling the leader, for he is in your Grip!

Edna Witch
The leader stares back at Edna with the same sneer on his face but then his expression starts to change as he realises he is now struggling to breathe. Edna increases her grip on his throat and grins slyly as he starts to flail helplessly at his neck, trying to remove the hands that aren't there and making a pathetic girgling noise.

Edna becomes aware of murmerings from the other men. "Any of the rest of you fancied saying hello boys?"

Rex - can I roll for another turn to try and kill him please?

REXXXX
Grip is a slow and painful death- it will take a short time. He has already taken 10 damage as you squeeze the life out of him when he gurgles "Get... her!" at his thugs.

The boys apparently want to say hello, Edna. Most of them have knives, but a few have blasters.

I now ask you to select three Schticks to use in a fight.

Edna Witch
I only have three schticks so I guess all of them!

BLADE SCHTICKS
Othadox guard

COMBAT SCHTICKS
Martial arts
Dodge and weave

REXXXX
Hooray!

Fun fact- with the Force power Swiftness, you can switch between Lightsaber and barehanded attacks without wasting any time.

The thugs are closing in on you... is Edna starting off unarmed or is the lightsaber coming out?

Also- for the purpose of this being your first fight in the new system, you can use all of your Force powers for free!

Edna Witch
ok. Gosh too much to think about. She may as well whip out her lightsabre - no point starting at a disadvantage.

And since you are being so generous with the force powers could I please use bombard to try and get a few to back off a bit?

REXXXX
So, we enter what is known as Combat Time! This is how we track fights. Normally it runs pretty smoothly, but I will walk you step by step through everything.

Here is the key to what everything means:

Name (Skill Pool): Defense/Damage (Force Points)

Your skill pool right now is your Lightsaber pool- Edna has a skill of 8 with her lightsaber, and gains +2 from Orthodox Guard for a total of 10 dice to attack with.

She has a standard Defense of 1, but gains +2 Defense from Orthodox Guard for a total of 3. This means that 3 dice are taken away from your attackers' pool. The less dice, the better!

You haven't taken any damage, so you are at 0. Edna, with a Strength of 3, can take a maximum of 50 damage. The calculation for that is Strength x 10 + 20. Fairly simple.

Your schticks- Orthodox Guard, Martial Artist, and Dodge & Weave- are abbreviated, but they are in your 'active schticks' slot. You don't have any other schticks, or they would be listed.

----

ALLEYWAY SCUFFLE, Start of Turn 1

Alleyway

Edna (LS10): 3/0 (9F)

Leader (G7): 10

Thugs (C5) x3

Thugs (G5) x2

----

The 'C5' and 'G5' are the Skill Pools of your enemies. C stands for Combat (fisticuffs and melee weapons and the like), G stands for Guns (blasters, of course). They have pools of 5, except the Leader who has a pool of 7. He's more dangerous.

You want to use Bombard to attack multiple targets?

Edna Witch
Can I use it to attack the ones with guns please?

REXXXX
At the start of each turn, Initiative is rolled to see whose action comes first. This turn, I rolled a 5 and a 2... you go first!

The thugs are rather surprised when the alleyway comes alive around them, with trash cans and refuse flying into the air and comes down on them. Those holding blasters being your targets, they cry out before being smashed around.

One thug with a knife takes a swipe at you, as does one with a crowbar. They only have two dice to roll, and they miss. The rule there is that, if they are using weapons not safe against lightsaber and they miss, you get to destroy their weapons. For Mooks, like these thugs, this is certain death. You cut them down easily.

Another thug with a club manages to land a hit with one success, for a total of 3 damage.

The Leader misses his shot, still flustered about being strangled.

----

ALLEYWAY SCUFFLE, Start of Turn 2

Alleyway

Edna (LS10): 3/3 (9F)

Thugs (C5) x1

----

Not bad, Edna!

Edna Witch
Can I engage the leader with my lightsabre and use strike against him please?

REXXXX
There is a problem with that. When engaged in a melee fight, one cannot run from it without the use of certain Schticks or Force powers. Right now, the thug with the knife has you occupied. He needs to go before you can engage the leader, who is hanging back with his blaster.

That, or you can flee and risk taking a bonus attack from the thug, in which none of your defenses work.

Edna Witch
Oh right ok sorry. Confused - I thought the last thug had a club (or does he have both?) I think I'm a bit lost. That's fine though. I will try and finish the thug off with my lightsabre first.

REXXXX
Oops, sorry, yes, he has a club. Or he did, until you run him through.

That leaves you alone with the leader, who shakily fires his blaster at you. He misses, rolling poorly.

----

ALLEYWAY SCUFFLE, Start of Turn 3

Alleyway

Edna (LS10): 3/8 (9F)

----

Edna Witch
Right brilliant. Now I will engage the leader with my lightsabre and use strike against him.

REXXXX
Edna blurs forward and impales the Leader on her lightsaber, rolling five successes and adding three more with Strike. He falls back, dead.

Edna is victorious!

Edna Witch
Can I search the bodies to see if they have anything useful I can take with me? And then I will head to find Shareth the Hutt.

REXXXX
Spare change and their weapons, not much else.

The walk to Shareth the Hutt's is a long one, and it is late into the night by the time you are venturing out of the lower levels and toward a high row of elaborate palaces. They almost seem fairytale-esque, rising out of the gloom and decay of Nar Shaddaa. One of them is Shareth's, and you only vaguely remember which it is. Your instincts guide you to it.

The palace gate is guarded by two men.

Edna Witch
Sorry - have been a little busy lately but I'm back.

Edna is sick of fighting for now so decides to approach the two men guarding the guide with the hope of talking to them.

REXXXX
"State your business," says one, as both raise their blasters.

Edna Witch
"I'm here to see Shareth the Hutt. The name's Edana Vashti. Knowing Shareth, she's probably already expecting my visit. You'd better tell her I'm here."

REXXXX
"Uhh..."

The guards decide to call a superior to confirm who you are. Shortly, a male Zabrak with thinly-inked tattoos etched onto his face.

"Hmm," he says, scrutinizing. "Edana Vashti? The name sounds familiar... where would Shareth know you from?"

Edna Witch
"Just mention the blockade at Damagran - she'll remember who I am".

REXXXX
"Oh dear," says the Zabrak. "You're one of Kuylen's, aren't you? Why do you idiots keep coming to Nar Shaddaa? Come in, come in..."

The Zabrak is Li Milano, the Hutt's attendant. He guides you into the Palace until you reach the grand throne room. At this time of night, there is some entertaining being done with Twi'lek dancers. Shareth, a great bloated Hutt with breasts, sits unamused upon a dias, surrounded by lackeys.

Li Milano heads over and whispers to the Hutt, who suddenly looks your way with great interest. She calls for the dancers and music to stop.

"Is it truly Edna who come before me?" Shareth says in Huttese.

Edna Witch
"Surely I have not changed so much since we last met! Although I would have thought that YOU might have invested in some better better entertainment by now!"

REXXXX
Shareth gives a hearty Hutt laugh.

"I am merely surprised that you are on Nar Shaddaa," Shareth says. "Especially without your Master. It is a dangerous place for one so young as you."

Edna Witch
"Oh come now Shareth - we both know I am not without survival skills! But actually I am just passing through. I'm on my way to the meridian sector. Thought it would be rude not to drop in while I had a few hours to spare. Besides, I've heard you still keep a stock of Andoan wine for special guests" Edna says jokingly.

REXXXX
"Ahh," Shareth says. "You seek to be a guest in my court? Surely you know that such things are not given lightly. Everyone who kneels before me has earned that right."

Edna Witch
"Ah well of course they have! Is there some service you wish me to perform for you to earn that right or should I simply leave now?"

REXXXX
"Hmmmm," the Hutt utters, thinking to herself. "I may have a task that you could render me..."

Edna Witch
"In that case tell me more."

REXXXX
"I have become interested in acquiring the services of a man," Shareth says. "Unfortunately, he is not particularly interested in being under my employ. I am sure you can appreciate that my interests supersede his own, yes?"

Her court laughs on cue.

Edna Witch
Edna smirks to herself as she wonders just what Shareth means by the 'services ' of a man then shudders at the thought.

"I'm certain a little persuasion on my part could go a long way towards helping you there. Who is this man and what is it that he can do for you?"

REXXXX
"His name is Opem, and he is a drug chemist," says Shareth, "and I need you to kidnap him and bring him to me. Normally I would send my battle droids to detain him. There is a problem that your instincts will help with that they cannot handle, though.

"He is a Defel and is very, VERY elusive."

Savoir-Faire check says that Edana knows of the Defel. They are a wolf-like race with a talent for evasion and sneaking of all sorts. They have a natural talent for manipulating shadows to better hide themselves. It wouldn't affect her droids, so he is probably just too agile for them to catch him.

Edna Witch
Edna sighs with the disappointment that she won't be allowed to kill him if he irritates her but at least a good hunt will pass the time.

"And where was this Opem last seen? I presume he is on planet."

REXXXX
Li Milano can give you the location of his drug lab.

"He will be protected," says Shareth. "But I don't think that will be a problem for you, will it?"

Edna Witch
A slightly evil grin spreads across Edna's face. "Oh somehow I doubt it. It's no fun if it's too easy. I'll try my hardest not to damage him!"

Edna heads to ask Li Milano what he can tell her about Opem's last known location.

REXXXX
"Return to me when you have done this small favor," Shareth says. "Then we shall see about that wine..."

Li Milano tells you what he can. It is a boarded-up home in a really bad part of the lower levels, where Opem operates without much interference. When people DO mess with him, he has a few armed thugs he cuts deals with for protection.

Edna Witch
Right then after I thank Milano I'll head over that way I guess.

REXXXX
Li Milano can do you one better. He will have you delivered to the lower levels in style, using one of Shareth's high-class speeders! And to top things off, you are being given some battle droids to play with.

It is a short walk to Opem's hidden lab, which you recognize immediately because your Intuition tells you that this is the place.

How is Edana approaching this? Remember that you have a few battle droids with you now; they can be ordered to hang back.

Edna Witch
ok i will order the droids to hang back for a bit and approach the lab by myself.

REXXXX
Consider the lab approached! It looks pretty abandoned from out here.

Edna Witch
Can i sense any presences inside?

REXXXX
Yes! They stick out easily in an empty neighborhood. There are people inside for certain.

Edna Witch
ok can i head inside?

REXXXX
Front door appears to be locked from the inside.

Edna Witch
Can i take a look around for another way in?

REXXXX
There are a few covered windows and a back door.

Edna Witch
At the risk of taking the most obviously dangerous route into the building can I try the back door?

REXXXX
It appears to be locked as well. Not boarded up at least.

Edna Witch
How locked is it? Can i slice through the lock with my lightsabre?

REXXXX
You can unlock any door with that!

Edna Witch
Brilliant. I will kill the lock with my lightsabre then and head inside.

REXXXX
A quick swipe takes care of that! The door is old-fashioned and is fixed on hinges, so it swings open. The room beyond is dimly lit. Is Edana keeping her lightsaber out?

Edna Witch
she'll retract the blade for now but keep it out in her hand, ready to reignite if needs be. She'll head in and see if she can hear/sense anyone.

REXXXX
You enter the room- the apartment's kitchen/dining area. It looks like a makeshift laboratory, with almost every surface covered in vials and equipment and junk.

You sense people nearby.

Edna Witch
can i tell how many people?

REXXXX
Three.

Edna Witch
Can I signal the droids to come in and then be brazen and go and find these people?

REXXXX
You certainly can! You get a "Roger, roger," over the comlink and the droids will be here in a few moments.

You can sense you are being watched.

Edna Witch
Do i know where from? If it is via a camera, can I see it? Or can I see the person?

REXXXX
Your supernatural intuition says the watcher is in a closet nearby.

Edna Witch
can edna stand back and open the door with the force.

REXXXX
Easily!

You yank the door open rather harder than you intend, tearing it off its hinges and sending it crashing into a table. Sometimes you still have trouble being subtle when you use your powers.

In any case, two men emerge from the closet with blaster rifles shortly after and open fire!

Edna Witch
Can I rip the blasters from their hands with the force?

REXXXX
It would be a point spent on Combat Push to render them unarmed.

Edna Witch
Would I have enough time to ignite my lightsabre and deflect the blaster bolts instead?

REXXXX
With the power Swiftness, a Jedi can draw his lightsaber in the blink of an eye- so yes! Any other efforts that Edana wishes to make not to be hit?

Edna Witch
I could dash back towards the doorway I came in through just to get to a vantage point where I at least have a little cover.

REXXXX
Certainly!

So it is that Edana has quickly retreated to the doorway and lit her lightsaber when the men open fire. She is rather good at defending herself, but these guys aren't like the thugs you dispatched earlier.

Both men are firing big blasters into your cover, heavy assault rifle-type hardware. One man manages to take chunks out of the door frame and hits you for 5 damage.

----

THE HUTT'S TASK, Start of Turn 2

Edana (LS9): 3/5 (9F)

Hitman A: 0

Hitman B: 0

----

Your droids will arrive on Turn 5.

Edna Witch
Do I not have a lightsabre pool of 10 with my orthodox guard? (could be wrong. I clearly have no idea what I am talking about!).

Edna Witch
ok enough hiding in the doorway. Can I lift the table or door that I pulled off with the force and fling it towards the the two hitmen while i charge towards them with my lightsabre. Might aswell just go in for the kill really. Am I able to block as I move forward?

REXXXX
My mistake, you should be at 10, yes.

And your Defense is always running unless you do something to turn it off (i.e. tap the schtick, swap it out, voluntarily turn it off) or if you are performing an activity that leaves you exposed (i.e. operating a computer, cutting down a door).

Hurling the door is going to be a Bombard- want to spend the point? Since the hitmen are close together, I can rule it as an attack on both.

Edna Witch
I actualy didn't mean the hurling the door as an offensive maneuvre, just a distraction. It doesn't even need to go anywhere near them. Just distract their attention while I am on the move.

REXXXX
That would be an action to perform in lieu of a lightsaber attack.

Edna Witch
Oh I'll just go straight in with the lightsabre attack then and hope for the best!

REXXXX
Initiative goes to Edna on a roll of 6 to 5! She rushes forward suddenly and swings her blade at the first hitman. These gunner-types don't seem to have much idea for defending themselves up-close. You roll two 6s and two 4s with an Orthodox Guard conversion, for four successes! Adding that to the base damage of her lightsaber, Edna deals 10 points of damage as her lightsaber nearly cuts into the Hitman but he stumbles backward just in time.

Out of cover, Edna is not as well protected when both men open fire in retaliation. Each is wielding a heavy rifle with a base damage of 4, and they roll two successes each for a total of 12 damage.

Edna recalls some of what Kuylen taught her and deflects those shots away with some effort.

----

THE HUTT'S TASK, Start of Turn 3

Edana (LS9): 3/17 (9F)

Hitman A: 10

----

Edna Witch
Ok you'll have to forgive me as I'm a bit confused. Did Edna deflect the blaster fire or not? You seem to say she did but she still took damage. I don't really get it.

Also you still have me down as a lightsabre pool of 9 which we already said should be 10. Not sure if that actually makes any difference.

REXXXX
Damage in this system is more of a concept that physical harm that Edna has sustained. It represents you getting tired in combat or running out of luck (not that Edna believes in luck). So yes, you deflected the lasers, but it was tiring.

And yes, my mistake! I rolled the extra die for you and it was a 4, so you did 11 damage.

Edna Witch
okie dokie I will go in for the kill with my lightsabre then with the injured hitman.

REXXXX
6-2 keeps Initiative in your hands.

Edana rolls ten dice (not nine! I corrected the readout accordingly) and shows seven successes. That is enough for her to finish off the hitman. Feel free to describe that small victory!

The other Hitman keeps firing for his life! Edana takes 6 points as she withdraws her blade from the other man and smacks away the bolt.

----

THE HUTT'S TASK, Start of Turn 4

Edana (LS10): 3/23 (9F)

----

Edna Witch
Right I'll attack hitman B then I guess.

How much damage can I actually take by the way? I have absolutely no idea!

REXXXX
Damage is determined by Strength. Edana has a Strength of 3, so we multiply it by 10 and add 20. Her limit is 50 points. It is when she reaches 50 that an actual injury can (and will) occur.

Edana slashes at the second hitman this time, cutting him for 9 damage. Even on a poor roll, lightsabers do incredible damage.

He fires back but manages to foul this up. Edana reflects this one without a problem.

It is now that the battle droids enter! The hitman turns to fire on them... but he is overwhelmed by a volley of laser fire that is returned at him. He falls and the room is quiet.

"Orders," one of the droids requests of you.

Edna Witch
"stay where you are for now". Edana says.

Ok can I still sense a third person somehwere?

REXXXX
You can! He's in the next room.

Edna Witch
Right I'll send the droids in there first then please. Whatever traps he has waiting he can waste them on the metal first.

REXXXX
The droids march in!

A moment later, one returns.

"This room is vacant, mistress," it reports.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.