Odin (Marvel) vs 10 DC Powerhouses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Odin, Destroyer armor and spear

vs

Sundipped Superman
Maxima
Hal Jordan
Martian Manhunter
Orion

Sodam Yat Ion
Mon-El with Power Ring
Superboy Prime
Black Adam with Power of Isis
Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)

Omega Vision
Odin timestops. Prime punches time. 131

Damborgson
That many power houses may be to much for Odin to handle....

JakeTheBank
Most of the high heralds here can be dismissed with a single gesture.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin wins. Half the members are worth a single blast, and that's at his regular levels.

Allankles
Originally posted by Damborgson
That many power houses may be to much for Odin to handle....

Very likely. Although if he pulls of esoteric stuff like time stopping things would go his way.

Allankles
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Odin timestops. Prime punches time. 131

stick out tongue Not out of the question for Emo Supes.

D_Dude1210
Odin stomps.

Mindset
Originally posted by Allankles
stick out tongue Not out of the question for Emo Supes. He has a similar feat of not being able to think, move, etc and punching anyway?

Sirius77
team.

MrMind
I see team winning mostly due to orion, sundipped sup, prime and black adam

Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion, and Black Adam? What the heck can they do to Odin?

Sundipped Superman along with Prime are the two big guns for the team. They both go down to Odin though.

MrMind
prime's completely immune to magic and odin will have a hard time of hitting him seeing how fast he is.

Mindset
heh

BattleMage
Originally posted by Sirius77
team. Odin takes this in an ugly stomp!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by MrMind
prime's completely immune to magic and odin will have a hard time of hitting him seeing how fast he is.

Prime's more resistant to magic than Superman, great. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean:

1) That his completely immune to magic. That statement by it's very nature is asinine unless Prime has gotten a great deal of diverse and better showings when it comes to his magical resistance since I last read him. He hasn't by the way.

2) This won't really hinder Odin seeing as how he is not a purely magical being. The Odin Force by its nature is as much divine as it is mystical. I sincerely doubt that Prime's resistance would hinder Odin in noticeable way. I would hesitate to rate the Odin Force as any more mystical than something like say, the Infinity Gauntlet (Not on a power scale of course) That being said, Odin despite being the most powerful being in Asgard, is also the most accomplished sorceror in Asgard.

Odin will have a hard time hitting him? Heh, not even going to bother replying to that.

Prep-Man
Prime took Mordru's attacks without blinking. It may not be his most powerful attacks, but that version was PC. Mordru is more powerful than Odin, IMO.

Sirius77
Originally posted by BattleMage
Odin takes this in an ugly stomp!

No he doesn't. It's pretty close either way imo.

Bentley
Prime snaps the Gugnir, tears appart the destroyer armor and punches Odin's head into orbit. Then he makes and L before his head.

Deadline
SBP and Sodam Yat togther are going to be a pain, if sundipped Superman leads the others Odin could be in big trouble. There is no stomp in fact I think it will be Odin 7/10 or 6/10.

Newjak
Odin with the Destroyer tho is going to be hard for anyone on team 2 to hurt. Plus the spear is just vicious when Odin wants it to be.

Uriel005
Daxamites and Sundip are non issues... Odin floods the field with lead and red sunlight if not kryptonite. Manhunter gets burned to death. Maxima gets grungnir to the gut.

This comes fight really comes down to
Prime
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Hal
Orion

Hal hasn't been super impressive to me for some time now though he is still top notch.

SBP could take him in a physical fight but the damn red sunlight weakness probably gets picked up on by odin's skyfather awareness big grin.

Orion does well until odin starts using blasts as his range game was never the best.

Finally we have the magical duo...

These two actually probably have the best shot of lasting the longest and possibly beating odin due to the lack of weakness exploit and could potentially do rather well. However their role would best be as a support to negate the weakness exploits of the others. However due to the way the characters (marvel and Adam) work it is doubtful that they will stay back to negate Odin's magic from clearing out the other heroes.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion, and Black Adam? What the heck can they do to Odin?

Sundipped Superman along with Prime are the two big guns for the team. They both go down to Odin though.

Sodam Yat is pretty tough too. But the Black Adam in question has the power of Isis, according to the OP, so IIRRC that amps his strength to a considerable degree, and gives him some other powers as well.

If Odin didn't have the destroyer armor and the spear, I'd give this to the team easily.

Another factor is how coordinated this team is. I think MMH, while not the most powerful member of this team, makes the team about x10 more dangerous, as he can (and has done so with other teams) use his telepathy to coordinate the assault on Odin.

Another thing is does Odin have prior knowledge of the enemy's weaknesses....because while he may be able to detect their weaknesses, I don't think he'll have time to in this battle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Honestly? Sodam Yat's a pussy. I'd consider Orion to be a bigger threat than him.

I remember the Power of Isis from the Black Adam mini and I think it might have been present during World War 3. I however do not recall him demonstrating any considerable strength amp etc. I think he might have showed some minor earth manipulation but that's it. In short, I don't remember him doing anything that Odin would even notice.

Clark and Prime are the major threats. Remove the Destroyer armor and I'd still give it to Odin if he wants to win it without a doubt.

What good will co-ordination contribute when I doubt they'd even be able to make Odin feel any pain? Sure, it'd make them a more effective team instead of just a bunch of strong men trying to dog pile a superior opponent, but it would just allow them to last longer.

Well as I understand it, kryptonite, and maybe red solar radiation should be something Odin knows automatically. Perhaps fire as a weakness to John. If he wants to, he could use the Odin Force to learn of their weaknesses but I doubt he'd do it or need to.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Uriel005
Daxamites and Sundip are non issues... Odin floods the field with lead and red sunlight if not kryptonite. Manhunter gets burned to death. Maxima gets grungnir to the gut.

This comes fight really comes down to
Prime
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Hal
Orion

Hal hasn't been super impressive to me for some time now though he is still top notch.

SBP could take him in a physical fight but the damn red sunlight weakness probably gets picked up on by odin's skyfather awareness big grin.

Orion does well until odin starts using blasts as his range game was never the best.

Finally we have the magical duo...

These two actually probably have the best shot of lasting the longest and possibly beating odin due to the lack of weakness exploit and could potentially do rather well. However their role would best be as a support to negate the weakness exploits of the others. However due to the way the characters (marvel and Adam) work it is doubtful that they will stay back to negate Odin's magic from clearing out the other heroes.

Wait.. Marvel and BA have the best chances to beat Odin because they are "Magical Beings" WTF.. Those two are promptly one shot.. maybe two or three at the very most.

The only chances the team has are Prime, Sundip Supes and Yat.. Besides that.. most of these guys don't make it past the first 20 seconds of the fight.

JakeTheBank
Marvel and Bladam are tougher against magical attacks, but not to the point where they could seriously contend with Odin on his own, much less under these circumstances.

PillarofOsiris
I think a lot of people underrate Yat based on his fight against SBP. Being pretty inexperienced, he gave SBP a good fight, despite being affected by his weakness for a good portion of the fight, and that is saying A LOT. I mean, the guy is basically a kryptonian, with a power ring, and the Ion power. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I am certain Odin is going to be feeling pain after this fight, whichever side wins.

But as for the coordination, I think it would help a lot, especially with all the guys with superspeed on this team. A coordinated speed blitz with a few guys who can hit with reality shattering punches is going to do damage to any skyfather.

But again, I think the destroyer armor changes things here, so I'm really not sure who I'd pick in this fight, but I don't think its a stomp either way.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Like I said, Yat's a pussy. He needs a hyperbolic time chamber or something. With his power set he should be like a high end Trans but that will never happen. Mongul was kicking his ass IIRC, and expect Gardner to go toe to toe if not outright beat him in the following months. Course, losing to Guy is nothing to scoff at. His awesome.

You're underselling Odin.

MrMind
Prime's more resistant to magic than Superman, great. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean:

1) That his completely immune to magic. That statement by it's very nature is asinine unless Prime has gotten a great deal of diverse and better showings when it comes to his magical resistance since I last read him. He hasn't by the way.

2) This won't really hinder Odin seeing as how he is not a purely magical being. The Odin Force by its nature is as much divine as it is mystical. I sincerely doubt that Prime's resistance would hinder Odin in noticeable way. I would hesitate to rate the Odin Force as any more mystical than something like say, the Infinity Gauntlet (Not on a power scale of course) That being said, Odin despite being the most powerful being in Asgard, is also the most accomplished sorceror in Asgard.

Odin will have a hard time hitting him? Heh, not even going to bother replying to that.
give me one example of prime not resisting magic? I don't think so. prime casually shrug off mordru or black adam's magic attack. he's completely immune to magic.
odin's attacks are based on magic, and these big area attacks won't hurt prime. magic is magic, mystical power is included in magic. and odin force is nothing like IG. without the magic attack odin needs to amp himself to fight prime physically. this fight won't be like the one odin fought celestials, prime won't just stand there like celestials. prime's a lightspeeder, which mean unless odin's as fast as prime. he'll have a hard time hitting him. though I doubt prime could hurt odin greatly due to destroyer durability. but I doubt odin will have a easy time killing prime because prime's extremely durable, emoboy survived monarch's armor explode for christ sake. odin might beat prime individually but it would be a long hard fight. with help like sodam yat and sundipped superman along with the others attacking odin when odin's busy fighting prime. I see team winning

Rage.Of.Olympus
give me one example of prime not resisting magic? I don't think so. prime casually shrug off mordru or black adam's magic attack. he's completely immune to magic.

I don't have to do anything. My stance is that your stance is ridiculous. Claiming his completely immune to magic is asinine and if you don't see why it's asinine, then your an idiot. No two ways around it.

And IIRC, he never withstood a mystical attack from Mordu. That was Superman in Legion of Three World.

odin's attacks are based on magic, and these big area attacks won't hurt prime. magic is magic, mystical power is included in magic. and odin force is nothing like IG. without the magic attack odin needs to amp himself to fight prime physically. this fight won't be like the one odin fought celestials, prime won't just stand there like celestials. prime's a lightspeeder, which mean unless odin's as fast as prime. he'll have a hard time hitting him. though I doubt prime could hurt odin greatly due to destroyer durability. but I doubt odin will have a easy time killing prime because prime's extremely durable, emoboy survived monarch's armor explode for christ sake. odin might beat prime individually but it would be a long hard fight. with help like sodam yat and sundipped superman along with the others attacking odin when odin's busy fighting prime. I see team winning

The rest isn't worth responding too.

You don't know what your talking about and Prime being able to move at light speed means shit. If you've read anything involving Prime, you'd know that he takes shit at point blank range and tries to power through it. His a teenage boy with a lot of power and no brains.

There's a better chance of Odin stopping time than there is of Prime using his speed effectively.

PillarofOsiris
I agree with you that Prime usually has the advantage of being far more powerful than anyone he is fighting, and thus usually fights very poorly. But with MMH coordinating the attack, that could negate that. "Could" being the operative word.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Point. But Martian Manhunter or not, his still Prime at his core. I'm assuming his personality has been altered to fight as a team though because I'd have wagered he'd attack Clark before Odin if this line up met in a comic.

Prep-Man
He did withstand a blast from Mordru. And he was laughing it off.

MrMind
I don't have to do anything. My stance is that your stance is ridiculous. Claiming his completely immune to magic is asinine and if you don't see why it's asinine, then your an idiot. No two ways around it.

And IIRC, he never withstood a mystical attack from Mordu. That was Superman in Legion of Three World.

The rest isn't worth responding too.

You don't know what your talking about and Prime being able to move at light speed means shit. If you've read anything involving Prime, you'd know that he takes shit at point blank range and tries to power through it. His a teenage boy with a lot of power and no brains.

There's a better chance of Odin stopping time than there is of Prime using his speed effectively.
when the f#ck has prime ever got hurt by magic attack? never, prime said magic tickles him, which means magic won't do squat on him. how hard is this for you to understand? he never withstand magic attack from mordru? you're a goddam liar
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/593/legionof3worlds.jpg
are u serious? prime aint a idiot. if odin's attack hurt him he will dodge. prime's combat speed is fast enough to blitze flash. what's odin's combat speed? and again with the stopping time, if odin stops time all the time in fights you might have a point. this is ridiculous, you don't see me using prime reality or retcon punches as argument.

Nihilist
Odin fairly easy.

Prep-Man
when the f#ck has prime ever got hurt by magic attack? never, prime said magic tickles him, which means magic won't do squat on him. how hard is this for you to understand? he never withstand magic attack from mordru? you're a goddam liar
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/593/legionof3worlds.jpg
are u serious? prime aint a idiot. if odin's attack hurt him he will dodge. prime's combat speed is fast enough to blitze flash. what's odin's combat speed? and again with the stopping time, if odin stops time all the time in fights you might have a point. this is ridiculous, you don't see me using prime reality or retcon punches as argument.

Note as he says, "always".

Rage.Of.Olympus

Never as far as I know. I don't understand how that supports the argument that he is completely immune to magic. Do you not see how that claim is silly?

I'll pick a high end character with a divine/mystical power set to make it easy for you.

Do you believe Lucifer would be unable to hurt Prime?

erm I forgot that scene. That doesn't make me a liar. Just means I'm not infallible. I usually double check before I post but I don't have my comics on hand unfortunately (I'm downloading the mini series right now so that problem will be solved) Superman did take an attack from that Mordu later on in the series, I just thought that was the only time he struck a Superman.

If your looking for an example in that vein of things, In Legion of Three Worlds, Sun Boy's red solar radiation was hurting him and he made no attempt to let go, instead he flew with him until he killed him.

Prime isn't an idiot? I disagree. At least in comparison to other heroes.

I remember Prime doing the tornado blitz to throw off the Flashes. That doesn't change my stance at all. On the other hand, I can name 3 different instances where their speed was giving him hell.

His more reaction than action. I think I've only seen him dodge an attack maybe once?

Could Prime dodge? Of course, to argue otherwise would be asinine. Will he? Possibly, but it's not likely.

What the f*ck? Why would Odin need to be stopping time in every fight for me to have a point? This isn't me claiming it as his go tactic in every match up. This is me simply stating that there's is at least as much of a chance of Odin stopping time as there is Prime using his light level speed and start dodging hits like Flash.

IIRC, the only time he does that is when his located on different planes.

JakeTheBank
Not to mention that the Odinforce gives Odin a variety of energy manipulating edges, not just "magic" per se. He can unleash cosmic based energy just like Thor can with Mjolnir. And keep in mind the Destroyer Armor itself can unleash various energy types as well, not just magic.

Uriel005
Like I said, Yat's a pussy. He needs a hyperbolic time chamber or something. With his power set he should be like a high end Trans but that will never happen. Mongul was kicking his ass IIRC, and expect Gardner to go toe to toe if not outright beat him in the following months. Course, losing to Guy is nothing to scoff at. His awesome.

You're underselling Odin. Yat is also a daxamite. How easy is it to transmute lead.

Eon Blue
Team

D_Dude1210
What's to stop Odin from simply BFRing all of them once he one shots GLs?

Or time stopping?

zeel
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Prime took Mordru's attacks without blinking. It may not be his most powerful attacks, but that version was PC. Mordru is more powerful than Odin, IMO.

mordru wont do as well against prime as odin would. AS it was stated before odin is more then magical in nature. BUt prime will prove to be more then just a thorn in odins side in this fight.

prime and yat together against ODin? this is going to be awsome. Honestly dunno what would happen.

Uriel005
Originally posted by zeel
mordru wont do as well against prime as odin would. AS it was stated before odin is more then magical in nature. BUt prime will prove to be more then just a thorn in odins side in this fight.

prime and yat together against ODin? this is going to be awsome. Honestly dunno what would happen.
again DC big problem is weakness exploit. not saying odin couldn't win without it just saying it makes the fight barely worth noticing when Superman and the Daxamites get taken out in a heartbeat. Then again not sure about mon-el being taken out with his... anti-lead serum... On the subject of Prime I think it depends on how if he handles divine energy any differently than Magic as I would definitely put Mordru up against Odin for a solid 8/10 especially from when the scan is putting him up. But I digress. As I can't say for certain how prime would handle the divine powers at Odin's disposal I'm going to assume that the blasts can hurt him and will eventually go down before he can drop odin in a fist fight which I guarantee you in a hand to hand odin force or not he could. The rest of the heavy hitters for the most part have weakness exploits that make this fight almost laughable when put up to matter manips that odin can pull.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Marvel and Bladam are tougher against magical attacks, but not to the point where they could seriously contend with Odin on his own, much less under these circumstances.

Like I said they are better if they can do counter magic support.

abhilegend
Bump

MrMind
lol the Odin wanks hurting my eyes

lawest9
I think that team has a chance if they all hammer at once, add Thor to his dad's side than maybe father and son solo's, but some might say that adding Thor solidifies teams victory, LOL!!!!!!!

ShadowFyre
Could go either way. Good points on both sides. Prime is a big problem

Senor Cage
Prime throws Odin into the sun.

panthergod
Honestly? Sodam Yat's a pussy. I'd consider Orion to be a bigger threat than him.

I remember the Power of Isis from the Black Adam mini and I think it might have been present during World War 3. I however do not recall him demonstrating any considerable strength amp etc. I think he might have showed some minor earth manipulation but that's it. In short, I don't remember him doing anything that Odin would even notice.

Clark and Prime are the major threats. Remove the Destroyer armor and I'd still give it to Odin if he wants to win it without a doubt.

What good will co-ordination contribute when I doubt they'd even be able to make Odin feel any pain? Sure, it'd make them a more effective team instead of just a bunch of strong men trying to dog pile a superior opponent, but it would just allow them to last longer.

Well as I understand it, kryptonite, and maybe red solar radiation should be something Odin knows automatically. Perhaps fire as a weakness to John. If he wants to, he could use the Odin Force to learn of their weaknesses but I doubt he'd do it or need to.

panthergod
^ Quoted for stupidity and LAUGHABLE Thorbag bias.

Putinbot1
prime's completely immune to magic and odin will have a hard time of hitting him seeing how fast he is. Prime beats on him like he did Myx.

Delta1938

You're underselling Odin.

I'm not sure what you meant about Gardner (and you probably don't remember by this point) but Yat was cut off from Ion because of the Guardian Scar(he had to find a workaround to access Ion later) and he was on Daxam and quickly used up his Daxamite powers. So it was him with just his Power Ring against Mongul with multiple Power Rings. Considering how Mongul was fighting teams of Lanterns before losing by plot devices(well one plot device, another a GL sacrificing himself) Yat did pretty well by comparison.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.