Groundhog Day: Wooing edition.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
This is Groundhog Day.

As per the movie, an endless time loop is occurring wherein the participants gets to relive each day over and over again until certain conditions are met.

The Participants:
-Batman
-Superman
-Captain America
-Tony Stark
-Hercules (Marvel)
-Thor

The Scenario:

In this scenario, they are all superhumans are then STRIPPED of their powers. And while the world is in total confusion on how this happens, these heroes get to relive each day over and over again.

The Condition:

They must Woo and consummate their relationship with Wonder Woman. However, it is assumed that this WW is the version who is fresh out of Themyscira and has ZERO memory of any of the above characters.

The tricky part? No one is told of this condition, they have to figure it out for themselves.

The first person to consummate with Diana gets to leave the time loop. The rest gets stuck in an alternate/ parallel timeline experiencing the loop forever.

Who gets to figure it out first?
Who gets to consummate first?

D_Dude1210
Holy Cow! I just realized I made this thread...! How drunk was I when I wrote this...?? O_O

Uriel005
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Holy Cow! I just realized I made this thread...! How drunk was I when I wrote this...?? O_O impossible scenario. Especially in just one day unless batman gases her into thinking she loves him... I think that counts as batman romance.

Bentley
This is stacked for Thor or Hercules, they both, by their godly nature would be inmediately inclined towards Diana, Herc almost inmediately would like to sleep with her. He would have the hardest time, given Diana hates mythological Herc, but I think Herc pulls it off because he gets to think more about his rod.

Bouboumaster
Everybody is outclassed by Hercules and Stark. And Herc wins the pie.

Q99
Originally posted by Bentley
This is stacked for Thor or Hercules, they both, by their godly nature would be inmediately inclined towards Diana, Herc almost inmediately would like to sleep with her. He would have the hardest time, given Diana hates mythological Herc, but I think Herc pulls it off because he gets to think more about his rod.

I'd say who Diana is inclined to matters a lot more than the reverse. She'll kick someone to the curb every loop if they don't appeal to her, and machoism is not going to impress.

Capt'd I think would have a pretty good chance, he's not all that different from Steve Trevor's whole story after all (though a lot smarter than Golden Age Trevor). Personality wise they'd really hit it off.

We know Bruce and Diana have kind of a thing, but I think part of that is based on their history, so I don't think that'd be the best chance, but he'd definitely be attracted to her.

Hm, Capt or Thor, slightly more likely on the former.

JakeTheBank
It probably would be Steve or Thor.

Lol at Tony and Herc winning this, though.

Black bolt z
Hercules or Cap.

Lord_Talron
if shes fresh out of themyscira, only the most expert of womanizers would be able to win her over

JakeTheBank
I doubt it.

Especially with what Hippolyta has told her of man's world, a womanizer in the vein of Tony or Herc would likely just piss her off.

Lord_Talron
so you expect someone who knows less of what to say to women than tony and herc to bed her then?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
so you expect someone who knows less of what to say to women than tony and herc to bed her then?

I expect someone who doesn't ooze the general douchbaggish and womanizing ways of Tony and Herc to succeed, yeah. They can be as smooth as they want, but Diana is like a living bullshit detector. Tony will wind up making an ass of himself and Herc will likely do the same thing and effectively ruin their chances. They both have far too many flaws that Diana would likely be put off from.

Captain America's earnestness and honesty coupled with his innate heroism and the like makes him a prime candidate, and Thor, being a god/warrior will identify a lot with Diana without the general womanizing behavior of Hercules. Hell, even Bruce and Clark have a better shot than Tony and Herc.

Q99

Keep in mind those two work by presenting themselves as attractive and available, and then the person they're with responds to that, then if they're turned down they shrug and hit on someone else.

Being good at casual relationships doesn't mean one's good at wooing one specific person. Capt's decency and goodness, and Thor's nobility and warrior's spirit, will both be more attractive to Diana specifically by a long shot (also, if he acts like he does in the Thor: The Mighty Avengers series, he can be really cute too!).

Herc and Tony are man-sluts. They're good at being man-sluts (just ask Northstar!), but that doesn't mean everyone wants a man-****.

I'd say, in order-
Capt
Thor
Bruce
Clark
Herc
Tony

D_Dude1210
Bear in mind that "Groundhog Day" is the ultimate prep condition. They get to redo every single mistake they make during the day and do it better the next loop.

However, being as none of they KNOW what they have to do, a lot of the nobler characters here might end up getting REALLY distracted righting the wrongs of the world within that one day.

They could well get stuck in here for decades before lucking into what to do.

Q99
Righting wrongs is one way to get her attention, though smile

Placidity
Batman with prep.

Can't believe I'm first one to say it.

-Pr-
Bruce or Clark...

D_Dude1210
I actually see Superman spending eternity righting wrongs and saving lives throughout the whole day. :P Might keep him too bz to even think about wooing WW.

Q99
I actually see Superman spending eternity righting wrongs and saving lives throughout the whole day. :P Might keep him too bz to even think about wooing WW.

There's a reason I rated him beneath Bruce smile

D_Dude1210
Stark and Herc might not be WW's "type", but won't they be the only 2 who are even CAPABLE of thinking of their genitals while the whole scenario is playing out?

They might not be the most qualified, but they're certainly the most likely to give the most (as well as the earliest) attempts. Supes or Bruce might just downright ignore her the first few decades.

Q99
Bruce has a thing for Diana in canon, and Thor's got some romance in him too.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Q99
Bruce has a thing for Diana in canon, and Thor's got some romance in him too.

True dat about Bruce. But IMO, he's more anal about doing his duty than he is about "doing his duty"? :O

Bouboumaster
Can't believe that people vote against Hercules, a dude who already ****ed TRAINS of amazone in the past. The dude seduced legions of women, men, mutants, gods, space beings, etc. He's a pro, and Diana will fall, like every others, to the manhood of the Incredible Hercules! rock rock

Q99
True dat about Bruce. But IMO, he's more anal about doing his duty than he is about "doing his duty"? :O

In a groundhog's day scenario? He wouldn't not fight crime, but he would give it a try before long.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Can't believe that people vote against Hercules, a dude who already ****ed TRAINS of amazone in the past. The dude seduced legions of women, men, mutants, gods, space beings, etc. He's a pro, and Diana will fall, like every others, to the manhood of the Incredible Hercules! rock rock

It doesn't work that way. Herc works by advertising himself as a super-awesome manslut. Diana doesn't *want* a super-awesome manslut, and he can ask a thousand times and the results'd be the same (and also, if he knows someone's not at all interested, he doesn't bug them about it).

I'm with Jake, the idea of Herc winning is kinda silly.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Q99
In a groundhog's day scenario? He wouldn't not fight crime, but he would give it a try before long.

It doesn't work that way. Herc works by advertising himself as a super-awesome manslut. Diana doesn't *want* a super-awesome manslut, and he can ask a thousand times and the results'd be the same (and also, if he knows someone's not at all interested, he doesn't bug them about it).

I'm with Jake, the idea of Herc winning is kinda silly.

You might find it silly, but it doesn't change the fact that he wins.

Mindset
You might find it silly, but it doesn't change the fact that he wins. thumb up

JakeTheBank
lol I really don't see him winning here. Nothing about Diana suggests she'd go for Herc based on her history and personality as dictated by the OP and how she was portrayed thusly by Perez.

Mindset
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol I really don't see him winning here. Nothing about Diana suggests she'd go for Herc based on her history and personality as dictated by the OP and how she was portrayed thusly by Perez. Is she a woman?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Is she a woman?

Funny as is to joke about it, and I like Hercules and all, I just don't see it happening based on Diana's personality and character early on in her career. If it was pretty much any other woman in comics in any other scenario, I'd give him better odds, but Herc's very nature kinda screws him over here and keeps him from screwing Diana. lol

Q99
You might find it silly, but it doesn't change the fact that he wins.

Looks like someone needs a lesson in love smile

A rookie at the pickup game thinks, "Wow, that person's been with a lot of sexual partners! They must be able to pick up anyone!" Then they try copying that style, wonder why it doesn't work with the person they're interested in, get depressed and give up. When what really happens is it's more, "I want to have lots of sexual partners!", they go after one person, get turned down, shrug, and simply ask someone else they like with the same confidence! Then repeat until it works.

Herc gets turned down all the time. Plenty of people aren't interested in him. He just ends up with a lot anyway because he shrugs it and goes after someone else. That's part of why he's gotten so good!

Since he's Herc, and since he's proud of being Herc and has been Herc for a couple thousand years now, he's not going to get desperate and try and change himself after just a few time loops. That is not how he rolls and not how he's been so successful in love throughout the years. It'd go utterly against what made him attractive to so many.

Sure, he may try every wooing trick in *his* playbook, but he's not going to change his playbook, and it's simply not going to work because it's all about his partner being interested in him for who he is and Diana's the type who'd look at that and say, "Sorry, you're a good drinking friend, but not what I'm looking for in love."

Unless you can see Herc changing a lot in the loops, which being an immortal, and, well, Herc, I don't, he's just going to get used to that particularly no (as he is with many others) and focus his attentions elsewhere where he'll get plenty of "Yes".

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Q99
Looks like someone needs a lesson in love smile

A rookie at the pickup game thinks, "Wow, that person's been with a lot of sexual partners! They must be able to pick up anyone!" Then they try copying that style, wonder why it doesn't work with the person they're interested in, get depressed and give up. When what really happens is it's more, "I want to have lots of sexual partners!", they go after one person, get turned down, shrug, and simply ask someone else they like with the same confidence! Then repeat until it works.

Herc gets turned down all the time. Plenty of people aren't interested in him. He just ends up with a lot anyway because he shrugs it and goes after someone else. That's part of why he's gotten so good!

Since he's Herc, and since he's proud of being Herc and has been Herc for a couple thousand years now, he's not going to get desperate and try and change himself after just a few time loops. That is not how he rolls and not how he's been so successful in love throughout the years. It'd go utterly against what made him attractive to so many.

Sure, he may try every wooing trick in *his* playbook, but he's not going to change his playbook, and it's simply not going to work because it's all about his partner being interested in him for who he is and Diana's the type who'd look at that and say, "Sorry, you're a good drinking friend, but not what I'm looking for in love."

Unless you can see Herc changing a lot in the loops, which being an immortal, and, well, Herc, I don't, he's just going to get used to that particularly no (as he is with many others) and focus his attentions elsewhere where he'll get plenty of "Yes".

Look at this scan:
http://img231.imageshack.us/f/herc009vn5.jpg/

This is Herc telling Namor that he ****ed Hippolyta, queen of the amazons. He already has experience with them.

In here:
http://e.imagehost.org/view/0423/Incredible_Hercules_124_013
Herc is like, totally romantic! He can be it!

Here, Herc prove that he's an absolute honorable man, after his fight with Thor. Also, he prove that he's a pimp.
http://img63.imageshack.us/f/thorbloodoath408jm6.jpg/

Newjak
Let be honest here personality or not Herc just gets with the Women he wants. It's like a one of his powers.

Women just end up getting with him regardless of their past and attitude toward such things.

It just happens. It's like Batman with prep. It doesn't matter how outclassed he is he has a chance for some reason.

Deadline
Look at this scan:
http://img231.imageshack.us/f/herc009vn5.jpg/

This is Herc telling Namor that he ****ed Hippolyta, queen of the amazons. He already has experience with them.

In here:
http://e.imagehost.org/view/0423/Incredible_Hercules_124_013
Herc is like, totally romantic! He can be it!

Here, Herc prove that he's an absolute honorable man, after his fight with Thor. Also, he prove that he's a pimp.
http://img63.imageshack.us/f/thorbloodoath408jm6.jpg/

*sigh* none of what you posted proved anything.

basilisk
Wonder Woman has been taught all her life to think that she doesn't want men like Hercules - but when she meets him it's a different story...

the ninjak
Stark wins this. He taps into his funds and makes the town great while making himself out to be the pillar of society. Plus his charm.

Truth is WW is diffenitely gonna use the rope before shag.
And any man can take this......saying in truth their situation. But Tony would take the slight lead with charm.

Bouboumaster
Hercules was banging amazones thousands of years before WW was even born.

Deadline
Hercules was banging amazones thousands of years before WW was even born.

Was that in DCU? What wdo you know about the Amazonians he banged?

Lord_Talron
they hate men?

Deadline
they hate men?

The Amazonians in the MU hate men? Well if thats true where did you get that info from? Hell I don't even think that WW hates men she just knows that men can be basterds and is weary of them.

Lord_Talron
do you mean weary or wary?

Deadline
Wary sorry.

JakeTheBank
Marvel Amazons =/= DC Amazons.

Hercules seduced a Hippolyta that wasn't Diana's Hippolyta, the one who was actually sexually assaulted by a guy named Hercules. That coupled with what Diana has been told about men and Man's World means that Hercules is just not going to win this. The comics clearly dictate what kinda guy Diana is into, especially very early on. And it's not Hercules or Tony Stark.

Bouboumaster

Hercules seduced a Hippolyta that wasn't Diana's Hippolyta, the one who was actually sexually assaulted by a guy named Hercules. That coupled with what Diana has been told about men and Man's World means that Hercules is just not going to win this. The comics clearly dictate what kinda guy Diana is into, especially very early on. And it's not Hercules or Tony Stark.

It's because she never met Hercules. He wins.

JakeTheBank
It's because she never met Hercules. He wins.

laughing

Based on scans that having nothing to with Diana or a woman with her experience or personality or anything remotely close to it? Namora? Marvel's Hippolyta? Random goddesses?

Bouboumaster
laughing

Based on scans that having nothing to with Diana or a woman with her experience or personality or anything remotely close to it? Namora? Marvel's Hippolyta? Random goddesses?

Based on the masses of people he boned.

Omega Vision
Who gets to figure it out first? Batman.
Who gets to consummate first? Batman.

JakeTheBank
Based on the masses of people he boned.

Which is relevant...how? You can screw a lot of people; doesn't mean you can screw anyone if you've screwed x amount of people.

And said masses =/= Diana.

Not to mention Hercules would have to somehow deduce the only way to get back to normal would be to sleep with Diana in the first place, to say nothing of actually realizing that. Tony's got a better shot of figuring that part out, hell.

The Nuul
Damn, I was hoping this was the Wookie edition.

Bouboumaster
Hercules wins due to his sexperience. He will adjust to this chixx, and win her heart. She'll be like: "Do you want to marry me?" And he'll be like: "Yeah, right... Oh, gotta go! T'chow!"

batman

Deadline

What I'm trying to say but too lazy. Diana is into guys like Cap and Superman. Batman as well I guess.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Deadline
What I'm trying to say but too lazy. Diana is into guys like Cap and Superman. Batman as well I guess.

Just wait until she see the power of the Incredible Hercules!

Omega Vision
I give it to Batman not necessarily because he's the most logical match for Diana, Cap probably is, but because of all of them he would be the best at quickly adapting to the situation and learning all the ways to get Diana into liking him and doing the mommy-daddy dance with him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.