Nobility Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Rank the ff, characters based on the level of nobility/honor/purity of soul they've shown in comics:

-Superman
-Thor
-Captain Marvel (DC)
-Silver Surfer
-Captain America

Damborgson
Cap

Supes

Thor

Surfer

Cap Marvel

meep-meep
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Rank the ff, characters based on the level of nobility/honor/purity of soul they've shown in comics:

-Superman
-Thor
-Captain Marvel (DC)
-Silver Surfer
-Captain America

IMO, they may all be fairly equal.

Honor should go to CA
Nobility should go to Thor
Purity should go to Supes
But SS and CM arent far behind in any of those categories.

Its too close too call for me.

JakeTheBank
Captain Marvel
Superman
Captain America
Thor
Silver Surfer

King Castle
Thor
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Superman
Silver Surfer

D_Dude1210
Wonder why ppl are rating Surfer so low. :P He's been shown on-panel to be one of the most pure/noble soul in the entire universe. :O

King Castle
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Wonder why ppl are rating Surfer so low. :P He's been shown on-panel to be one of the most pure/noble soul in the entire universe. :O b/c he isnt. have you forgotten how many worlds he help destroy?

also his purity is false place there by Galactus who altered and manipulated his soul aside from that Silver Surfer is no longer under Galactus soul tampering which makes him less pure then before

D_Dude1210
Well, I CAN say that the Surfer (after being freed from Galactus' manipulation) has demonstrated many acts of nobility/purity and that his soul's been tested by Mephisto himself and he won over it.

And the very fact that his soul was somewhat of a prize for Mephisto to corrupt (and fail at it) should be an indication of on-panel showing of purity that neither Thor nor Cap has shown on-panel. :P

Tho, to be honest, I'm not all that convinced with that evidence meself. LOL.

iceman24567
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer

MrMind
Originally posted by iceman24567
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
I agree with this

ankur29
Originally posted by iceman24567
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Neron wanted the purest soul on Earth, which led everyone to assume he meant Superman. In reality, it was Captain Marvel's whose soul Neron coveted for its purity. And Marvel offered to give his soul up to save the planet, and in a display of heroism and selflessness that made the soul in question too pure for even Neron to claim as his own. He's more of a boyscout than Superman himself. Regardless of how the others match up, I'm a firm believer than Billy is arguably one of the most pure-hearted beings in comicdom.

what the hell does purity mean? anyway, they're all very altruistic and self-sacrificing.

regarding the SS, his selflessness was not put there by galactus, he offered himself up as sacrifice in an atempt to save his world and all other inhabited ones. G made him uncaring and obedient until he broke out of his control. after breaking free, he showed himself the most commited to pacifism and mild mannerd of them all.

Current SS is beyond pedestrian morality though, but even being far more cosmic than human or humane, his goal in life remains an altruistic one, he serves the cosmos and preserves the universe by helping G feed. So I dont think he fits into common definitions of nobility any longer, but seen as what people are calling purity/nobilty etc seems to be plain altruism, I'd say he should rank pretty high.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.