Wraith Vs Captain Comet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/144114-175599-wraith_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/54/87915-158482-captain-comet_large.jpg

-K-M-
Does Wraith still have the Supreme Intelligence?

D_Dude1210
I don't think he ever HAD the Supreme Intelligence. stick out tongue When was this?

-K-M-
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I don't think he ever HAD the Supreme Intelligence. stick out tongue When was this?

Wraith's mini during Annihilation: Conquest.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by -K-M-
Wraith's mini during Annihilation: Conquest.

I read that. He never really perma-joined with the Supreme Intelligence that time. From what I read, they just "joined" to make a single attack (backed by the Phallanx carrier signal) to disable the Phallanx "final solution" and strike a blow against them.

-K-M-
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I read that. He never really perma-joined with the Supreme Intelligence that time. From what I read, they just "joined" to make a single attack (backed by the Phallanx carrier signal) to disable the Phallanx "final solution" and strike a blow against them.

Nope his soul is in Wraith I just read it again.

The Exolon absorbed his soul into him, and as Wraith's dad indicated, "you will carry within you a brave new future for these people" and later Wraith said "...nor that the being they worshipped as a god summoned me across the stars to take his soul into my own. I can live with that. What I carry within me will be the source of hope in our darkest hour..."

D_Dude1210
I think the portion that states:

"The weapon fires. The Supremor's soul is unleashed..."

Etc., etc.

Shows that he used up the Supremor's lifeforce in order to blast the Phallanx into a comatose state.

It makes sense as he's had 0 showings after that where he manifested any new abilities from carrying the Supreme Intelligence's soul.

-K-M-
Yet at the end of the issue Wraith comments he still has the soul inside him. He is permabonded to it.

D_Dude1210
Lol. I guess the part that stated:

"What I carry within me will be a source of hope in our darkest hour"

Was talking more about the exolon he carried (w/c he really did use at the final portions of the story to end the Phallanx threat) rather than him carrying the soul of the Supremor. I guess the minute I read "soul was unleashed", I automatically assumed the soul was gone from that point onward.

Damn cognitive biases, eh? stick out tongue

But I guess your version makes a lot of sense given the cohesion/flow of the narratives.

BruceSkywalker
what all did Wraith do because I don't remember much

-K-M-
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what all did Wraith do because I don't remember much

Defeated a Phalanx controlled Ronan fairly easily.

D_Dude1210
Defeated a Phalanx controlled Ronan fairly easily.

To be fair, Ronan wasn't wielding the Universal Weapon at that time. stick out tongue

He broke it in Annihilation and it didn't seem to have gotten replaced in Annihilation: Conquest just yet.

dmills
I didn't like Ronan in Conquest. He seemed...whiny. But in any case I do remember that Wraith pummelled him bare handed.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by dmills
I didn't like Ronan in Conquest. He seemed...whiny. But in any case I do remember that Wraith pummelled him bare handed.

Like I said, Ronan w/o his Universal Weapon is kinda meh, tho.

Prep-Man
Does Wraith still have the Supreme Intelligence?

Who wins?

-K-M-
Based on showings.... Comet, as even with the SI Wraith hasn't done much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.