Marvel's top 10 Martial Artist..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
http://marvel.com/news/story/9384/take_10_martial_artists

The List was out some time back...how many of u agree and disagree?

Juk3n
The list is isn't THAT bad, but the scale has to be taken into account, are we talking just Earth based? or on a Cosmic level?

The top earth MAs imo would be.

Ironfist(Danny)/Temugin
Elektra/Shang-Chi/Psylocke
Wolverine/Daredevil/Steve Rogers

Danny and Temugin cemented at the top the rest kinda interchangeable. Not taking into account obscures like Ogun and Stick and (currently) Shen Kuei, long forgottens like The Foreigner (the greatest man at everything ever) or Mandarin and someone who doesn't fight as much in the mainstream like Kitty Pride.

Then you gotta take into account people like HSH T'Challa, who at one point was as formidable (albeit with the indestructable suit) as Steve Rogers. The "arguables" like Taskmaster (frequent bad PIS defeats) and Deadpool, while skilled theres alot to a credit to his powers. Then theres the "not sure if its their POWERS that give them the win, or there skill" crowd like Gorgon Tom Shishido.

Theres alot to consider, you could prolly make a definite top 10, but half the list would include people who havnt seen panel time in a decade or close. Or would include super obscures, like Prince of Orphens or Fatty Ironfist.

Prep-Man
No Cap?! Srank is gonna have a cow!

joesha28
Black Panther and Captain America (Rogers) not in the list. I mean Cap Handled Batroc, even lady deathstrike... Stalemated Logan.

AlmightyKfish
Batroc/Kitty over Taskmaster and Cap is just facepalm

+ The lack of Ogun, Temugin and Mandarin is pretty bad.

+ If you're going to include 'cosmic' MA's like Karnak then really Mantis should be no.1

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
No Cap?! Srank is gonna have a cow!

Had to make room for Batroc. messed

D_Dude1210
Yeah, that list was pretty fail.

Even at 10 years old:

Kitty beating out:

Mantis, Cap, Temugin, Mandarin, Gamorra...!

The list goes on.... O_O

juggernaut74
Logan and Cap are the top two in my opinion.

iceman24567
The list obviously is wrong

SasuOna
So this is what Marvel considers the best of the best on earth?

big_swip
this list sucks, where is mantis, gamora, gorgon, captain america, temugin,ogun ? where are they?????? where????? where they at where they at where they at ???

Konton
I "woohoo'd" at Elektra being front and center in the banner. stick out tongue

It kind of IS a bad list though. I'm not sure if, canonically, Elektra and Daredevil have surpassed Stick. Wolverine should be above Daredevil. Karnak and Kitty... welp. lol

-K-M-
That list is garbage.

Puck punches Kitty in her balls. No Mandarin either? Pfft

CosmicComet
Where's Rhino?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by -K-M-
That list is garbage.

Puck punches Kitty in her balls. No Mandarin either? Pfft Is Puck really considered a top MAer?

psycho gundam
no foreigner?

list = pack of lies

tkitna
Wow, that list was horrible.

Mindset
List needs less Wolverine.

superm

Trackz
No T'challa or Steve?

Damborgson
Not sure what Kitty is doing on there when Steve, Panther, and taskmaster arent on it.

StiltmanFTW
Silver Samurai stated Kitty might be even better than Logan.

joesha28
Where he stated that?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by joesha28
Where he stated that?

X-Men: Kitty Pryde - Shadow and Flame mini.

Mindset
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Silver Samurai stated Kitty might be even better than Logan. I believe it.

Not that impressive, though.

psycho gundam
Silver Samurai stated Kitty might be even better than Logan. with a sword, or overall? (i'm assuming the intangibility is part of that)

Mrblonde
Does Kitty have some super MA feats that I'm just not aware of ?

Mindset
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MFz0z7jVEKU/TOkcaUKsMPI/AAAAAAAACg4/1j3QEeCmyVw/s640/Shoryuken.jpg

-K-M-
Cat wasn't even mentioned either.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Is Puck really considered a top MAer?

Yes. Even Wolverine respects him. Not in the leagues of say Iron Fist, Captan America, etc. but up there.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/AlphaFLight_17_18.jpg

Mindset
Did you post the wrong scan?

psycho gundam
lol

tkitna
Puck buying Wolverine a coffee doesnt really prove much. whistle

chomperx9
Originally posted by joesha28
http://marvel.com/news/story/9384/take_10_martial_artists

The List was out some time back...how many of u agree and disagree? wheres thanos or doom ?

srankmissingnin
Silver Samurai stated Kitty might be even better than Logan.

That was part if an act to fool the Hand into believing Kitty killed Samurai in a duel.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
That was part if an act to fool the Hand into believing Kitty killed Samurai in a duel. Did it work?

Q99
Kitty may have the potential but she's not quite up there if you ask me.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Did it work?

Yes. She returned with Silver Samurai's Legendary Sword and fooled the Hand, then Harada showed up and helped her defeat them.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Mindset
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MFz0z7jVEKU/TOkcaUKsMPI/AAAAAAAACg4/1j3QEeCmyVw/s640/Shoryuken.jpg The Tiger Uppercut. Nice.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
The Tiger Uppercut. Nice.

Dragon Punch actually. :-/

Placidity
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
The Tiger Uppercut. Nice.

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Dragon Punch actually. :-/

confused

Actually its "Shoryuken" (as it clearly says it in the panel when Deadpool performs it), translated as Rising Dragon Fist, a special move from the game Street Fighter, which is also referenced in that scene. Most popularly used by Ryu/Ken and Akuma.

PXtHqbywqZs&feature=related

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Placidity
confused

Actually its "Shoryuken" (as it clearly says it in the panel when Deadpool performs it), translated as Rising Dragon Fist, a special move from the game Street Fighter, which is also referenced in that scene. Most popularly used by Ryu/Ken and Akuma.

PXtHqbywqZs&feature=related

Which is then called "Dragon Punch" in the game manuals and popular SF lore... -_-

psycho gundam
Lol, c-master just got son'd in streetfighter terminology

Mindset
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.