Arceus vs. Amaterasu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/Nara-Cymric/Arceus.png
Arceus (Pokemon)

Vs.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k266/fox2263/Persona%20and%20pets/amaterasu.jpg
Amaterasu (Okami)

Arceus explores a new Earth (Capcom's) and is hovering above the Kamiki village. Thinking it's another demon, the Sun Goddess, Amaterasu, attacks which starts a battle between two powerful gods.

Both of these divine beings have all their powers & abilities.

Who will win the battle?

TheAuraAngel
They decide not to fight and have teh coolest kids evar.

Demonic Phoenix
Prolly Arceus.

Alternatively, Okami Amaterasu just draws a Pokeball, and captures Arceus FTW awesome

RE: Blaxican
Wow... that's Arceus? Pokeman's newer Gen pokemon look retarded. erm

MooCowofJustice
I'm gonna guess that Okami can't just draw a Pokeball, because it takes a little more than the outline of one to make it work.

StyleTime
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Pokeman's newer Gen pokemon look retarded. erm
Agreed. Now would you tell Moocow that? We had a discussion about this a little while back. stick out tongue

RE: Blaxican
I'm tired of harping on Moo at the moment. He deserves a slight reprieve.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I'm gonna guess that Okami can't just draw a Pokeball, because it takes a little more than the outline of one to make it work.

And it takes more than Wind to spin a Galaxy...oh wait.

MooCowofJustice
I've had Blax on ignore for a long time, Style. He can't really tell me anything. :P

Amaterasu doesn't know about a Pokeball. Would probably have to know about one before it can even attempt to create one.

What?

Nemesis X
How would a Pokeball hold Arceus? I've seen even a Psyduck and a Wobbufett commonly jump out of those (without the trainer telling them to mind you) through will.

The Scenario
IIRC, Arceus was an event only pokemon, meaning it can't actually be capured in game. Nintendo has to give it to you.

In other words, Arceus is uncatchable without meta-intervention. (Would have said 'divine intervention,' but...)

Nephthys
Arceus uses Acid Trip!

dAxqSFRTmDc

It's super effective!

Note that s/he pulled a pokediety literally out of her/his ass there.

Originally posted by The Scenario
IIRC, Arceus was an event only pokemon, meaning it can't actually be capured in game. Nintendo has to give it to you.

In other words, Arceus is uncatchable without meta-intervention. (Would have said 'divine intervention,' but...)

Sure you can! You just need to go to the place that Palkia and Dialga are then keep going up the stairs!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/ChocoBucket/Platinum/plat2/end137.png

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/ChocoBucket/Platinum/plat2/end138.png

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/ChocoBucket/Platinum/plat2/end139.png

Demonic Phoenix

Amaterasu doesn't know about a Pokeball. Would probably have to know about one before it can even attempt to create one.

What?

Wouldn't the Pokeball/Masterball weakness fall under common knowledge?

Reality Warping. If Arceus can be caught by a ball, it's her only way to win, assuming he's as powerful in Okami-verse, as he is in Poke-verse, where he's god.

MooCowofJustice
Not for beings from another universe.

Demonic Phoenix
If it's common knowledge in a character's own universe, then it's supposed to be common knowledge to said character's opponent in a forum battle.

MooCowofJustice
Then I should point out you have to weaken it first. And Arceus has one of, if not the, worst catch ratios.

NemeBro
Arceus kills Amaterasu before she can draw said Pokeball. no expression

The Scenario
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sure you can! You just need to go to the place that Palkia and Dialga are then keep going up the stairs!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/ChocoBucket/Platinum/plat2/end137.png

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/ChocoBucket/Platinum/plat2/end138.png

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/ChocoBucket/Platinum/plat2/end139.png

I see. Disregard what I said before, then.

BloodRain
Ama has to paint to do her feats, would take some time compared the the pokegods moves.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by The Scenario
I see. Disregard what I said before, then. laughing

Nephthys
(hehehe) shifty

MooCowofJustice
So has there ever been an actual legit Arceus event? You'd think I would know, but I do not.

BloodRawEngine
I'm pretty sure Ammy's brush techniques are more or less instantaneous, for all intents and purposes. The only times it's been outdone is if there was someone else with the power of the Celestial Brush (ie, Ninetails or Shiranui).

Not that it matters, Amaterasu is about a fraction of the God that Arceus is made out and shown to be. The only clemency for Amaterasu that I can think of here is if we're regarding her when at full power (aka, Okami 'Shiranui' Amaterasu). In that form, all the brush techniques are apparently a few folds stronger, and s/he's shown to be able to resist time powers (or at least break out of them).

Nephthys
So has there ever been an actual legit Arceus event? You'd think I would know, but I do not.

In Platinum, the only way to get Arceus is to have the Azure Flute which is the final event item from Nintendo WiFi. HOWEVER. It was never released! Theres no other way to extend the stairs so The Scenario was right all along and I was lying! And you fools believed me! Zehahahameowhaha!

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Arceus kills Amaterasu before she can draw said Pokeball. no expression

Not if the first thing she does is to draw and create said ball. no expression

Then I should point out you have to weaken it first. And Arceus has one of, if not the, worst catch ratios.

Yeah, then Arceus wins if he has to be weakened in order to be captured.

That said, isn't the Arceus that appears in D&P weaker than he was when he created everything?

Originally posted by BloodRain
Ama has to paint to do her feats, would take some time compared the the pokegods moves.

Her brush techs take no time at all, and are instantaneous. Time is frozen when she uses her Celestial Brush, and the effects occur immediately. So no, it would not take any time at all compared to their moves.

MooCowofJustice
I dunno. Wouldn't think so, though.

BloodRain
Oh right, well still the poke for being more godly.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Nephthys
In Platinum, the only way to get Arceus is to have the Azure Flute which is the final event item from Nintendo WiFi. HOWEVER. It was never released! Theres no other way to extend the stairs so The Scenario was right all along and I was lying! And you fools believed me! Zehahahameowhaha!

Hmm. This doesn't bug me as much as I though it would.

I'm a sucker for pics/vids, I guess.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Not if the first thing she does is to draw and create said ball. no expression Only I am not about to assume that a weakling god like Amaterasu will be able to do so before Arceus, who is more powerful than Palkia or Dialga, both of whom would flatten Amaterasu, can kill her. O:

TheAuraAngel
Arceus uses one arm and settles this with ease.

Kazenji
So a powerful monster that created many things beats a God up

Yeah whatever............when Okami beat the shit out of Yami the ruler and source of all darkness.

BloodRawEngine
^Yes, because even God characters have tiers, and Ammy is leagues below the likes of Arceus, especially since the entire universe and the creatures who would uphold the natural laws of said universe count alot more for many things. The worst thing Yami was ever known to do was sick a group of monsters on a bunch of virtually defenseless angel-esque beings during an escape attempt.

Then there's the fact that the term "King of Darkness" or any such synonymous term is among the most applicable aliases. Honestly, if titles mattered over showings, Monster Hunters and the monsters themselves would be on the same level as something like Warcraft top-tiers, where in actuality, not an army of Hunters would hold up against Deathwing.

ares834
Ammy draws a meteor... Seriously, Arceus is not that impressive when it comes to combat. Take Giratina, for example, this guy can create galaxies yet a mere mortal with some technology can capture it.

BloodRawEngine
Aside from the fact that Ammy can't do that, Arceus can just turn back time and finish the fight at an earlier point.

ares834
When has Arceus ever shown control over time? Sure he created Dialga but that doesn't necessarily give him control over it.

MooCowofJustice
With this logic I can create a clay sculpture and give it control over the flow of time.

ScreamPaste
Arceus creates universe, drops it on Ammy. erm

ares834

MooCowofJustice
When Arceus created Dialga, he created Time. He could just end it, I guess, assuming Amaterasu needs it. Arceus sure doesn't. Same goes for Space.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Wow... that's Arceus? Pokeman's newer Gen pokemon look retarded. erm It looked better from the front.

Cyner
Still not really sure about the victor for this thread. The world in which Okami takes place seems really really inconsistent.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

During the final boss fight you are fighting an enemy who shatters entire constellations by draining Ammy's power (with some unknown ability), the very constellations she created. Additionally, she was more powerful in the past and was able to travel through time to defeat certain demons and even the demon's time stop ability did not work on her.
However she was gravely injured by a demon less powerful than the one you defeat in the end. Which means that at the very end she becomes more powerful than a form that time travels at will and ignores time stops. However she gains this ultimate power through the "praise" of all of her creation, but if she needs the praise to become powerful, how was she powerful enough to create the earth/living things/etc in the first place. The game certainly makes reference to her creating all of... the shown creation in the game (aside from everything evil, which came from Yami).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.