Thor Corps VS The X-Men .. Round 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RyanAutumns
Thor Corps:
*Thor
*Beta Ray Bill
*Dargo Ktor (Thor of the 26th-century)
*Thunderstrike (Classic Eric Masterson),
*Thorgirl

VS

The X-Men:
*Blue Marvel
*Phoenix Rachel Grey
*Namor
*Rogue (w/powers of Colossus, Wolverine, Storm, Namor, Northstar)
*Shaman Nate Grey

WHO WINS? AND WHY?

Brockalizer
First of all I don't recall Namor ever being an X-Man, but maybe of wrong. On paper, I'm going with team Thor. Their overall strength, durability, and magical abilities would be too much. Rogue would be the X factor in the battle. Theoretically all she would have to do is strip down naked and she would drain everyone on the field of their powers and abilities. If I remember right her outfit prevents her from doing this all the time.

Originally posted by Brockalizer
First of all I don't recall Namor ever being an X-Man, but maybe of wrong. On paper, I'm going with team Thor. Their overall strength, durability, and magical abilities would be too much. Rogue would be the X factor in the battle. Theoretically all she would have to do is strip down naked and she would drain everyone on the field of their powers and abilities. If I remember right her outfit prevents her from doing this all the time. namor is currently an x-men. BM ont he other hand... I think the mutants win through mindrape.

PillarofOsiris
Last I heard Namor was currently an X-men member, though it makes no sense. Also, considering currently Rogue overloaded on Ares, she's not draining Thor nowadays.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by RyanAutumns
Thor Corps:
*Thor
*Beta Ray Bill
*Dargo Ktor (Thor of the 26th-century)
*Thunderstrike (Classic Eric Masterson),
*Thorgirl

VS

*Shaman Nate Grey

WHO WINS? AND WHY? Shaman Solos by BFR team 1 to another reality, Marvel zombies maybe... confused

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Last I heard Namor was currently an X-men member, though it makes no sense. Also, considering currently Rogue overloaded on Ares, she's not draining Thor nowadays. namor is a mutant, the first mutant born in the first mutant baby boom in history. atlanteans and humans aren't quite separate species

Brockalizer
Originally posted by 753
namor is currently an x-men. BM ont he other hand... I think the mutants win through mindrape.
It amuses me when people assume that just because a person possesses formidable psi-talents that they could just "mindrape" Thor. If you recall once apon a time Moon Dragon possessed the Mind Gem making her pretty much the most powerful psychic in the entire Marvel Universe and she couldn't "mindrape" Thor.

Originally posted by Brockalizer
It amuses me when people assume that just because a person possesses formidable psi-talents that they could just "mindrape" Thor. If you recall once apon a time Moon Dragon possessed the Mind Gem making her pretty much the most powerful psychic in the entire Marvel Universe and she couldn't "mindrape" Thor. lol moondragon did enslave thor

RyanAutumns
So whic team do you guys/gals think would win this? I know BM is not an "X-Man" but he is a mutant... guess I should have just called the x-men 'Tthe Mutants"... what are BM's power-levels? which of the Thors can he take?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
lol moondragon did enslave thor

I know she did it without the mind gem in the issue when Beast leaves but I think she was later retconned to be subtely influence by the Dragon of the Moon...Avengers 211, did she not mindwipe the Avengers after the Korvac fiasco?

As for the Rogue Thor thing. Not discussing this fight, but I think it's a bit weird that people use the Ares as proof that she can't absorb Thor when she has absorbed Thors powers on panel in Avengers Annual 10. She had issues absorbing Loki too but she actually did drain a bit of his psyche as shown in a later story. Regardless while she has issues with Loki and Ares she hasn't had any with Thor.

Is this the same Phoenix Rachel Grey from Excalibur?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
As for the Rogue Thor thing. Not discussing this fight, but I think it's a bit weird that people use the Ares as proof that she can't absorb Thor when she has absorbed Thors powers on panel in Avengers Annual 10. She had issues absorbing Loki too but she actually did drain a bit of his psyche as shown in a later story. Regardless while she has issues with Loki and Ares she hasn't had any with Thor.

keep in mind that comic book came out 30 years ago, and the drain occurred during Rogue's first ever appearance when her power levels weren't completely fleshed out. She appears to have been depowered quite a bit since then. And I think everyone can agree that Thor is far more powerful than Ares, to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if Thor one-shotted him if they fought right now.

ExodusCloak
keep in mind that comic book came out 30 years ago, and the drain occurred during Rogue's first ever appearance when her power levels weren't completely fleshed out. She appears to have been depowered quite a bit since then. And I think everyone can agree that Thor is far more powerful than Ares, to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if Thor one-shotted him if they fought right now.

If anything she's been powered up since then. I also don't think it's a matter of power. There's something obviously unique about Ares and Loki that makes them muck with her absorption powers plus, nowdays she can actually choose how much she wants to absorb so maybe that's why it didn't go down so well with Ares. As shown on panel, it's not an issue with Thor. There's really no reason to think otherwise.

There was also Contest of Champions II.

JakeTheBank
Thor's owned Ares several times in the past, yeah.

Bendis claims that Ares and Thor are equals, though. But he claims a lot of stuff that is contradictory or downright wrong, too.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
If anything she's been powered up since then. I also don't think it's a matter of power. There's something obviously unique about Ares and Loki that makes them muck with her absorption powers plus, nowdays she can actually choose how much she wants to absorb so maybe that's why it didn't go down so well with Ares. As shown on panel, it's not an issue with Thor. There's really no reason to think otherwise.

Something unique about Ares? Other than being a pretty mediocre brick?

No reason to think otherwise? As shown on panel 30 years ago in her first ever appearance as a villain (who are usually portrayed as being more powerful than heroes). If that's what you mean, then you're right. Fact is, far more recently she overloaded on a god who is much less powerful than Thor, because his godly power was too much for her.

Rage.Of.Olympus
There was nothing unique about Ares. She simply couldn't handle his power. There was no unique durability showing there.

It's weird, Rogue could drain Thor in her first appearance but couldn't drain Simon because his too far from human. erm

ExodusCloak
Something unique about Ares? Other than being a pretty mediocre brick?

No reason to think otherwise? As shown on panel 30 years ago in her first ever appearance as a villain (who are usually portrayed as being more powerful than heroes). If that's what you mean, then you're right. Fact is, far more recently she overloaded on a god who is much less powerful than Thor, because his godly power was too much for her.

She's absorbed Thor Twice, Contest of Champions. It happened, Thor is easier to absorb then Ares that's really the only explanation.

And the fact that it also her first apoearance makes it all the more credible because that's what the writer had on mind when designing her. I'm starting to see a double standard on these boards.

Btw Simon was a being made of ionic energy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.