who can survive the beating zeus gave to hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
what happens to each person after taking the same beating hulk did

1. colossus
2. namor
3. she hulk
4. silver surfer
5. gladiator
6. solomon grundy
7. lobo
8. superman

The Nuul
lol

Omega Vision
1. colossus-dead
2. namor-dead
3. she hulk-dead
4. silver surfer-same as Hulk
5. gladiator-same as Hulk
6. solomon grundy-depends on the incarnation, but most die or get put in the same condition as Hulk
7. lobo-Brushes himself off, cracks his knuckles, spits, and says "My turn you lousy Bastich."
8. superman-probably same condition as the Hulk

Parmaniac
Lobo

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Lobo
Yes. The real question is "Can Zeus survive Lobo's second wind?"

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Omega Vision
1. colossus-dead
2. namor-dead
3. she hulk-dead
4. silver surfer-same as Hulk
5. gladiator-same as Hulk
6. solomon grundy-depends on the incarnation, but most die or get put in the same condition as Hulk
7. lobo-Brushes himself off, cracks his knuckles, spits, and says "My turn you lousy Bastich."
8. superman-probably same condition as the Hulk

This except for surfer dies and high incarnations of grundy are merely inconvenienced

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
This except for surfer dies and high incarnations of grundy are merely inconvenienced Silver Surfer does not die uhuh

FanBoy101

8. superman-probably same condition as the Hulk How come...? confused Supes Durability>>>Hulk's durability

-K-M-
Probably all survive as Zeus didn't seem like he wanted to kill Hulk just to teach him a lesson.

Black bolt z

I can soooooooooo see him doing this.

brownqk
This except for surfer dies and high incarnations of grundy are merely inconvenienced

Norrin is more durable than Hulk....

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by brownqk
Norrin is more durable than Hulk....
To energy not blunt force

Mindset
To both.

brownqk
Originally posted by Mindset
To both.

Agreed.

Surfer has tanked and or survived more blows than Hulk.

FanBoy101
To energy not blunt force the Dude its made out of Cosmic Metalic skin... erm

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Mindset
To both. really? i can see hulk wrecking surfer in a pure h2h match

Bentley
Everyone survives, Hulk has pis-poor durability.

Wait!!! Is that Colossus in the list? He gets wrecked.

dmills
For those that are saying Surfer durability >> Hulk, ya'll must've forgotten Surfer has been wrecked like that vs Thanos so...

Edit: I agree he has higher hard durability BTW, not sure about blunt force though.

CosmicComet
Durability wise, if Surfer is diamond, Hulk is steel.

That is, Surfer is much harder, but Hulk is much stronger.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by Bentley
Hulk has pis-poor durability.
I think he has greater damage soak than most but if a guy like zeus is able to tax his HealingFactor from the beginning he is in trouble... sad

he could last for ever taking punches from the likes of Thor, but thor would eventually die if he tried to take as many punches from Hulk... Happy Dance

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by dmills
For those that are saying Surfer durability >> Hulk, ya'll must've forgotten Surfer has been wrecked like that vs Thanos so...

Edit: I agree he has higher hard durability BTW, not sure about blunt force though. So... Surfer is still more durable than Hulk. Hulk's hit Surfer as hard as he can to no effect, and has been stomping on his head other times. Hulk can't hurt Surfer, Hulk could hurt Hulk. Plus, Surfer's already taken a beating similar to Hulk's with higher level beings.

Surfer gets knocked out/maybe cracked a bit. Wakes up and heals himself and then goes and ponders the existance of mosquitos while sitting in a sun.

The only other one who can dust himself off is Lobo. Everyone else reasonable is as bad as Hulk's. Superman's might be worse due to magic.

carver9
1. colossus... die
2. namor... die
3. she hulk... die
4. silver surfer... same as hulk
5. gladiator... die
6. solomon grundy ... explodes on the first punch
7. lobo ... "two step" after the beating
8. superman ... dies

iceman24567
Superman, Surfer and Lobo come out of the fight looking as good or bettter than Hulk therest die or get koed

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by iceman24567
Superman, Surfer and Lobo come out of the fight looking as good or bettter than Hulk therest die or get koed ... ?

iceman24567
Nope I didnt type SUPERMAN wrong no expression

OneDumbG0
^ Getting pounded on by fists of magical lightning... ?

FanBoy101
Nope I didnt type SUPERMAN wrong no expression ? confused

iceman24567
Its assumed that his fists actually give off lighting energy when punching but it could just be the art showing him amping his punches

carver9
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Getting pounded on by fists of magical lightning... ?

TVO Zeus fist>Magical amped punches.

carver9
Its assumed that his fists actually give off lighting energy when punching but it could just be the art showing him amping his punches

laughing

iceman24567
Originally posted by FanBoy101
? confused Do you ever have anything to add to the discussion? ever?

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
laughing I thought you were going to put me on ignore you big fat liar laughing

FanBoy101
Do you ever have anything to add to the discussion? ever? I am with OneDumb here, Zeus Did amped his punches with Magic... wink

carver9
I am with OneDumb here, Zeus Did amped his punches with Magic... wink

Anybody with eyes or contacts or bifocals could see that. I know why he is saying what he is saying but his post is making him look bad when its right there in front of his face SHOWING lightning around Zeus hands while punching Hulk.

iceman24567
I am with OneDumb here, Zeus Did amped his punches with Magic... wink So you are just a follower gotcha. Never said he wasnt amping his punches but is it fact that his punches are like Black Adams do they give off the lightning energy when he punches

iceman24567
Anybody with eyes or contacts or bifocals could see that. I know why he is saying what he is saying but his post is making him look bad when its right there in front of his face SHOWING lightning around Zeus hands while punching Hulk. You mean like when your 20/20 vision saw Zeus "sucker punch" Hulk when he was looking down? laughing

FanBoy101
You mean like when your 20/20 vision saw Zeus "sucker punch" Hulk when he was looking down? laughing But he did... sad he punched Hulk while he was looking down... mad

carver9
So you are just a follower gotcha. Never said he wasnt amping his punches but is it fact that his punches are like Black Adams do they give off the lightning energy when he punches

confused

He downed hulk with a lightning blast using the same lightning he was charging his fist with.

iceman24567
But he did... sad he punched Hulk while he was looking down... mad You and carver are two of the few people to believe that and the art doesnt prove he was looking down. He was looking at Zeus not down

carver9
But he did... sad he punched Hulk while he was looking down... mad

Some people see it some people don't (hulk haters wink ...) Ill just leave it be if I were you.

FanBoy101
confused

He downed hulk with a lightning blast using the same lightning he was charging his fist with. Yes... I think Zeus Cheated right from the beginnig, as he got into a fight with a hulk's healing factor working at the max as he shot hulk with a powerful lightning attack..

The Nuul
Some people should stop making excuses for Hulk. He got his ass kicked in hard, the end.

carver9
Yes... I think Zeus Cheated right from the beginnig, as he got into a fight with a hulk's healing factor working at the max as he shot hulk with a powerful lightning attack..

There were a lot of things involved in that fight that was just plain out wrong but they will fight again. I just disagree with Zeus cheap shotting Hulk and pressing on his attack... I was looking for a fair fight.

As for this thread, everyone dies except Surfer and Lobo.

iceman24567
confused

He downed hulk with a lightning blast using the same lightning he was charging his fist with. So why wasn't Hulks body smoldering if he was getting hit with lightning charge punches and their were plenty of times in that fight when Zeus' hands weren't bright blue does that i guess he was only amp punching half the time no expression. As for the thread Lobo, Superman and Surfer survive koed maybe

bbrem123
supes ends up like hulk due to magic...surfer and lobo can take it...rest die

carver9
So why wasn't Hulks body smoldering if he was getting hit with lightning charge punches and their were plenty of times in that fight when Zeus' hands weren't bright blue does that i guess he was only amp punching half the time no expression. As for the thread Lobo, Superman and Surfer survive koed maybe

Something is wrong with you.

FanBoy101
So why wasn't Hulks body smoldering if he was getting hit with lightning charge punches and their were plenty of times in that fight when Zeus' hands weren't bright blue does that i guess he was only amp punching half the time no expression. As for the thread Lobo, Superman and Surfer survive koed maybe would you call this fair?

http://thumbnails36.imagebam.com/11699/c9b9f8116981474.jpg Taxing Hulk's Healing factor before even the firts punch?...

Hulk aint Juggernaut he can't laugh at magical lightning attacks as he does... mad

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Durability/Thor%20412/th_THOR_1989__412_15.jpg

bbrem123
juggernaut is a pussy now

Originally posted by bbrem123
juggernaut is a pussy now no he's not. read thunderbolts 153

bbrem123
he gets bloodied by hyperion...

hes weak compared to what he used to be

dmills
Oh so that's the new spin huh? Zeus cheap shotted Hulk with lightning thus taxing Hulks healing factor, and then immediately pressed his advantage? K.

bbrem123
a none angry hulk also

Gecko4lif
a none angry hulk also
Hard not to be angry when getting your shit pushed in by a jagged lightning cock

FanBoy101
juggernaut is a pussy now you can't say that for Classic... smokin' Originally posted by bbrem123
King Hyperion... wink

Originally posted by dmills
Oh so that's the new spin huh? Zeus cheap shotted Hulk with lightning thus taxing Hulks healing factor, and then immediately pressed his advantage? K. that is what happened... sad

Hard not to be angry when getting your shit pushed in by a jagged lightning cock Homo... sick

CosmicComet
supes ends up like hulk due to magic...surfer and lobo can take it...rest die

Surfer is getting downed too.

Lobo will be fine after a few minutes. I doubt even Zeus can tax his HF that much.

bbrem123
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Surfer is getting downed too.

Lobo will be fine after a few minutes. I doubt even Zeus can tax his HF that much.

beings on galactus's level couldnt down him... that beating by zues wont either

CosmicComet
Zeus, who Pak implied was only somewhat amped by CK, was able to hurt Galactus himself.

Galactus may have not been full power, but he still would have been above Surfer.

bbrem123
he was amped more then u think...galactus was surprised zues tanking the attack...pretty sure galactus knows how much more powerful he is compared to normal zues

bbrem123
are you saying that zues is above tenebrous and aegis?

CosmicComet
Even with cosmic awareness, Galactus is kinda dumb.

I wouldn't put it past him to simply underestimate a skyfather.

And Pak's re-interpretation of Galactus' words implied that he just meant above the 'average skyfather' or something of the sort. (paraphrasing).

Well, Zeus is already above an average skyfather to begin with. He's a top tier skyfather.

CosmicComet
are you saying that zues is above tenebrous and aegis?

I'm saying PIS and context notwithstanding, Surfer is going down.

Are you saying Surfer is more durable than Galactus?

bbrem123
ehhh...galactus can wipe out a galaxy in an instant...zues is nowhere near him in power...

bbrem123
I'm saying PIS and context notwithstanding, Surfer is going down.

Are you saying Surfer is more durable than Galactus?

i would say classic surfer goes down like hulk did ...but not current. Hes on a different level imo

Sr J-Bieb
Chaos King Amped Zeus drops weakened Galactus for 2 seconds or two minutes.

Regular Zeus fires pretty much the same bolt at Hulk, and Hulk gets up soon afterwards.

Zeus only was amped a tiny bit... so tiny it might as well have not been an amp by Chaos King.
Amirite

hes weak compared to what he used to be he outbrawled a herald much more powerfull than himself.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Chaos King Amped Zeus drops weakened Galactus for 2 seconds or two minutes.

Regular Zeus fires pretty much the same bolt at Hulk, and Hulk gets up soon afterwards.

Zeus only was amped a tiny bit... so tiny it might as well have not been an amp by Chaos King.
Amirite

Pak also said Zeus was going all out against Galactus.

He clearly was not doing so against Hulk, that was a casual a bolt throw.

He also didn't kill Hulk despite initial claims that he would. He went easy on him.

Sr J-Bieb
Pak also said Zeus was going all out against Galactus.

He clearly was not doing so against Hulk, that was a casual a bolt throw.

He also didn't kill Hulk despite initial claims that he would. He went easy on him. Pak says a lot of things. Most of it is shit.
*All of Chaos King's minions and himself come out of Zeus' body*
"Ya bro, I like Zeus, so don't take his feat away, it was pretty much all Zeus except for the amp. *ignore everything that just came out of Zeus*"

Clearly that's the case.

He didn't kill him because it's comics.

iceman24567
Something is wrong with you. Really nice spam thumb up
would you call this fair?

http://thumbnails36.imagebam.com/11699/c9b9f8116981474.jpg Taxing Hulk's Healing factor before even the firts punch?...

Hulk aint Juggernaut he can't laugh at magical lightning attacks as he does... mad

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Durability/Thor%20412/th_THOR_1989__412_15.jpg Fail one lightning bolt is going to tax his healing thats your exuse? Ignored

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Pak says a lot of things. Most of it is shit.

thumb up

psycho gundam
Really nice spam thumb up
Fail one lightning bolt is going to tax his healing thats your exuse? Ignored could have (or something like a curse blocking it). hephaestus said that hulk got "hit" by zeus and that his power would be down for a long time.

iceman24567
Originally posted by psycho gundam
could have (or something like a curse blocking it). hephaestus said that hulk got "hit" by zeus and that his power would be down for a long time. That would be assuming to much you would assume by "hit" he meant singular which means the bolt not the punches but I dont think thats what he meant I think he meant Zeus beat the tar out of him "hit" not actually meaning singular either way I dont think Zeus purposely accidentily haxed his healing factor no expression

dmills
Not only that, but he was fine in a few panels and talking shyte at that lol. He just got worked over by a superior opponent, a skyfather.

psycho gundam
That would be assuming to much you would assume by "hit" he meant singular which means the bolt not the punches but I dont think thats what he meant I think he meant Zeus beat the tar out of him "hit" not actually meaning singular either way I dont think Zeus purposely accidentily haxed his healing factor no expression don't you think you're the one going against the grain with that line of reasoning?

it's not like zeus had a history of smiting mortals for their hubris....

iceman24567
don't you think you're the one going against the grain with that line of reasoning?

it's not like zeus had a history of smiting mortals for their hubris.... Not really it was the punches that put Hulk in his half dead state hence his power not coming back for a while but you all can believe what you will. This thread is keeping me away from finishing Percy Jackson and the sea Monsters kinda ironic I just got to the part where Annabeth wants to know her what her hubris is

carver9
don't you think you're the one going against the grain with that line of reasoning?

it's not like zeus had a history of smiting mortals for their hubris....

When it comrs to Hulk, there is no changing his mind or reasoning with him.

FanBoy101
That would be assuming to much you would assume by "hit" he meant singular which means the bolt not the punches but I dont think thats what he meant I think he meant Zeus beat the tar out of him "hit" not actually meaning singular either way I dont think Zeus purposely accidentily haxed his healing factor no expression Yeah like punches mean much to hulk, Zeus cheated before the fight took place, that lightning attack could have kill most of this guys...

Zeus can't take on WWH without magical attacks(lightning) or magic charged punches or growing to a huge size... wink

iceman24567
Yeah like punches mean much to hulk, Zeus cheated before the fight took place, that lightning attack could have kill most of this guys...

Zeus can't take on WWH without magical attacks(lightning) or magic charged punches or growing to a huge size... wink Zeus hit him with lightning before the h2h rule so fail laughing
I agree if Zeus doesnt use his powers Hulk would win thumb up
When it comrs to Hulk, there is no changing his mind or reasoning with him. No changing my mind with opinion facts will do the trick but continue to troll me hell pyscho started his post with could he doesnt even think its fact that Zeus negated Hulk hf just that its possible but when it comes to Hulk or Gladz you are willing to wank good job

carver9
Zeus hit him with lightning before the h2h rule so fail laughing
No changing my mind with opinion facts will do the trick but continue to troll me hell pyscho started his post with could he doesnt even think its fact that Zeus negated Hulk hf just that its possible but when it comes to Hulk or Gladz you are willing to wank good job

Lol... just put me on ignore iceman.

FanBoy101
Zeus hit him with lightning before the h2h rule so fail laughing
Yeah like he did'nt know Hulk's only chance was a Brawl... erm the fact still stands, Zeus huge Lightning(magical in nature) affected Hulk too much... sad

I can't wait for the Rematch...

iceman24567
Lol... just put me on ignore iceman. Your last 4 posts were directed towards me and didnt contribute to the thread nice spamming skills you have there
Yeah like he did'nt know Hulk's only chance was a Brawl... erm the fact still stands, Zeus huge Lightning(magical in nature) affected Hulk too much... sad

I can't wait for the Rematch... Nope the only fact is that Hulk is outmatched against Zeus even in a strictly h2h encounter as it should be

Zack Fair
Zeus pimp smashed hulk around, and its not even a low showing if you ask me. We're talking about a skyfather being taking his glooves off and putting Hulk in his place.

I think the only 1 who can stand up after that beating would be Lobo, and that is because he has that "toon" thing he has going for him. Superman will not get as ****** as Hulk but he is going to get knocked out IMHO. Charged with magic or not that shit was brutal. Granted Supes could dodge all the barrage with his super speed, but the thread made it clear its just them getting punched to hell and back and I don't see neither Surfer nor Supes standing up after that.

JakeTheBank
People need to realize that Hulk got his shit kicked in. And he should have: he was fighting a legit Skyfather.

Colossus-Big C
can a mod add captain marvel

The Nuul
5 pages later.....****ing fail.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Supes is really good at taking punches. He'll do better than Hulk, but he's not going to be in fighting shape if he has to tank Zeus whaling on him. On the other hand.....Hulk is alot weaker than Superman. Are we talking the same level of strength as what Hulk got hit by, or Zeus being as pissed at them as he was at Hulk? Because if it's the latter, that's going to kill most of the people on this list.

If the former, that's another story. Especially considering the people who exceed Hulk in durability.

carver9
No one on that list besides lobo can take a punch better than Hulk.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

1. colossus
2. namor
3. she hulk
4. silver surfer
5. gladiator
6. solomon grundy
7. lobo
8. superman

Superman, Lobo etc.

psycho gundam
zeus is a sky father, if he wants you to be infermed he will make it so.

BUSTER1
1-3
Colossus, Namor and She Hulk would be dead-no doubt about it.
As for the rest
Grundy- I dont know
Gladiator-alive but worse than Hulk
Superman-beat up, but in better shape than Hulk
Silver surfer-Beat up but ok
Lobo-don't know but from what those who know about him say, he laughs it off

psycho gundam
tyrant beat around the same number of blokes simultaneously into unconsciousness, including surfer and gladiator.

not sure how he stacks up to sky-fathers, but then again it'd be one on one

Fifthchild
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

1. colossus
2. namor
3. she hulk
4. silver surfer
5. gladiator
6. solomon grundy
7. lobo
8. superman

1 to 3 die.

4, 5, and 8 survive but in roughly somewhat worse shape than Hulk due to the lack of healing factor (though more durable in the sense of less likely to have their skin broken i dont really see these guys as being much different in their ability to withstand massive blunt force trauma).

Lobo might do better than Hulk as Hulk has to be quite up there angerwise to have comparable healing, though its also very possible Zeus's punches shutdown his healing in a similar way as they have Hulk's.

Fifthchild
That would be assuming to much you would assume by "hit" he meant singular which means the bolt not the punches but I dont think thats what he meant I think he meant Zeus beat the tar out of him "hit" not actually meaning singular either way I dont think Zeus purposely accidentily haxed his healing factor no expression

Theres nothing totally unambiguous but its hinted that something about Zeus's godly nature was responsible for shutting down Hulks healing factor and his dynamic strength. It certainly seems suspicious that its two issues later and Hulk is still badly f%^&ed up when in the past he has healed from much worse physical abuse than was dished up to him in 622 without any lasting effects (even just a couple of issues before). So while there hasnt been a definitive statement (yet) to say that Hulks powers have gone to shit due to some intentional/unintentional consequence of Zeus' magical powers theres plenty of reason to think that they did.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Fifthchild
Theres nothing totally unambiguous but its hinted that something about Zeus's godly nature was responsible for shutting down Hulks healing factor and his dynamic strength. It certainly seems suspicious that its two issues later and Hulk is still badly f%^&ed up when in the past he has healed from much worse physical abuse than was dished up to him in 622 without any lasting effects (even just a couple of issues before). So while there hasnt been a definitive statement (yet) to say that Hulks powers have gone to shit due to some intentional/unintentional consequence of Zeus' magical powers theres plenty of reason to think that they did. thumb up

carver9
Theres nothing totally unambiguous but its hinted that something about Zeus's godly nature was responsible for shutting down Hulks healing factor and his dynamic strength. It certainly seems suspicious that its two issues later and Hulk is still badly f%^&ed up when in the past he has healed from much worse physical abuse than was dished up to him in 622 without any lasting effects (even just a couple of issues before). So while there hasnt been a definitive statement (yet) to say that Hulks powers have gone to shit due to some intentional/unintentional consequence of Zeus' magical powers theres plenty of reason to think that they did.

Good post.

carver9
tyrant beat around the same number of blokes simultaneously into unconsciousness, including surfer and gladiator.

not sure how he stacks up to sky-fathers, but then again it'd be one on one

And let's also not forget that V&V Despero along with Titus one shotted peeps on this list and they are no where close to Zeus physically.

TricksterPriest

One word. Prometheus. There is no indication that Zeus did a thing to Hulk during their fight. Now post-fight, I believe he may have nerfed the HF to make the Prometheus punishment stick.

carver9
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
One word. Prometheus. There is no indication that Zeus did a thing to Hulk during their fight. Now post-fight, I believe he may have nerfed the HF to make the Prometheus punishment stick.

What about the initial blast that dropped Hulk in the beginning.

Fifthchild

The explanation given by Hepaestus as to why the healing factor and dynamic strength werent working post fight was that Hulk had been "hit by Zeus".

TricksterPriest
The explanation given by Hepaestus as to why the healing factor and dynamic strength werent working post fight was that Hulk had been "hit by Zeus". That supports the healing factor being taxed by Zeus's punches. Which isn't a low showing. Though, the wounds only healing enough to feed the vultures says it may have been a curse post-fight, especially if he's STILL not healed.

Barring a revelation that Zeus did indeed impinge his healing, it looks like Zeus just burned out Hulk's healing factor by overtaxing it, temporarily at least.

Starscream M

Barring a revelation that Zeus did indeed impinge his healing, it looks like Zeus just burned out Hulk's healing factor by overtaxing it, temporarily at least. that really doesn't make sense...hulk's hf can't be overtaxed by getting punched really hard

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Starscream M
that really doesn't make sense...hulk's hf can't be overtaxed by getting punched really hard Oh come on. erm He just got rocked by ZEUS. The king of Olympus. Not many people would be alive period, let alone having trouble healing. That's not a low showing at all. That's like saying Doomsday bitchslapping Eradicator recently is a low showing for Eradicator. (maybe this personality as opposed to Kem-El/Fortress Erads, but that's another story).

Starscream M
Oh come on. erm He just got rocked by ZEUS. The king of Olympus. Not many people would be alive period, let alone having trouble healing. That's not a low showing at all. That's like saying Doomsday bitchslapping Eradicator recently is a low showing for Eradicator. (maybe this personality as opposed to Kem-El/Fortress Erads, but that's another story). hulk's hf has taken on much more than powerful punches...he's healed from incineration iirc

TricksterPriest
hulk's hf has taken on much more than powerful punches...he's healed from incineration iirc Are you seriously claiming that blunt trauma from Zeus is not worse than getting burned?

The Nuul
Zeus zapped the shit outta him, that is what probably taxed his HF then got an ass beat down like no other.

Starscream M
Are you seriously claiming that blunt trauma from Zeus is not worse than getting burned? yes, I think getting your flesh incinerated would tax the hf more than getting rocked by powerful punches.

Starscream M
Originally posted by The Nuul
Zeus zapped the shit outta him, that is what probably taxed his HF then got an ass beat down like no other. that's true...that actually might explain his hf not kicking in, it got taxed from the lightning attack

TricksterPriest
yes, I think getting your flesh incinerated would tax the hf more than getting rocked by powerful punches. Normally, that would make sense. But this is a comic book. stick out tongue

Nuul: that's not proven at this time. I'd rather not give the Hulk fanboys a chance to say Hulk could beat Zeus in CQC. roll eyes (sarcastic)

zeel
lobo and soloman grundy if its the pc version. Wasnt grundy a magically based undead zombie that beat the shit otta pc supes all the time. im sure his magical resistances are high. he wont win against zeus but i bet he at least last longer then the most of the field

TricksterPriest
I'm not sure Zeus could beat down PC Grundy at his best........not with his fists anyway.

inimalist
9. Man-Thing: reforms himself no worse for wear. Forgets the event moments later

shifty

TricksterPriest
He's got swamp thing level regen?

inimalist

Galan007
Originally posted by inimalist
9. Man-Thing: reforms himself no worse for wear. Forgets the event moments later

shifty w/o some type of swamp/water source nearby, you really think M-T would be able to regen from Zeus' onslaught in a reasonable amount of time..?

He's got swamp thing level regen? Nah. His regen-factor is certainly good, but I don't see him tanking anti-matter wave-esque energies any time soon. stick out tongue

inimalist
Originally posted by Galan007
w/o some type of swamp/water source nearby, you really think M-T would be able to regen from Zeus' onslaught in a reasonable amount of time..?

And while some of these feats required Man-Thing to be in a swamp, after being chemically changed in a sewage treatment plant, Man-Thing is a self-contained ecosystem, able of regenerating himself without the swamp. Theoretically, all these past feats of oozing and regeneration should be possible without the need of any extremal water or plant sources:

Man-Thing thrown in the sewage system :

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6271/manthing01720.jpg

Man-Thing is chemically changed :

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4416/manthing1806.jpg
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/49/manthing1807.jpg

Man-Thing is a self contained ecosystem :

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/2853/manthing1910.jpg

though, Zeus would probably count as the most powerful opponent Man-Thing has fought

EDIT: I was initially being a bit facetious, I'm not actually under the assumption that Man-Thing can hang with Skyfathers, however, looking over the fight scans, Zeus really does only punch Hulk, or hit him physically, something that has never seriously damaged Man-Thing, even when he was away from water. I might actually be serious here... though the lightning hands amp might be problematic, unfortunately there is no way to gauge what, if any, affect they have

The Nuul

Nuul: that's not proven at this time. I'd rather not give the Hulk fanboys a chance to say Hulk could beat Zeus in CQC. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doesnt matter either way, they'll make up any excuse because they are butt hurt from Hulk getting his ass kicked in and hes not skyfather.

Galan007
though, Zeus would probably count as the most powerful opponent Man-Thing has fought Yeah I saw those scans. I guess my real question is: has M-T rapidly regenerated from significant damage (the type he'd be taking on vs. Zeus) w/o a swamp nearby, on panel?

inimalist
Yeah I saw those scans. I guess my real question is: has M-T rapidly regenerated from significant damage (the type he'd be taking on vs. Zeus) w/o a swamp nearby, on panel?

1. Sure:

Here we see Man-Thing survive a 7 story fall, while protecting an infant :

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1692/manthing13.jpg

Survives an avalanche :

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5536/manthingv200301.jpg
http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/5237/manthingv200302.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9562/manthingv200303.jpg

2: Like I said in my edit, I don't actually think Zeus' attacks would do serious damage to MT. Not that Zeus couldn't destroy him with little effort, just that punching MT in the gut is going to have zero effect. Its more a matter of if the lightning amp he has given himself will do enough burning damage to him...

EDIT: it is almost more likely that Zeus' rage would be more harmful to MT...

EDIT 2: to back up my claim that physical assaults are not effective against MT, the cage feat showing his body maintains this consistency even in the most inhospitable conditions

Ooze

Here, even after days of exposure to sub-zero temperatures on a mountain, he is able to ooze through a cage :

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3103/manthingv200315.jpg
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/4930/manthingv200316.jpg

The ooze makes him very difficult to harm during a fight, such as we see here against:

She-Hulk :

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/231/shehulk00813.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2665/shehulk00814.jpg

Bug :

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/875/themicronautsspecialedi.jpg

Thing :

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/9571/marveltwoinone00117.jpg

Iron Man :

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3722/ann00328.jpg
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/239/ann00329.jpg

Shang-Chi :

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6108/masterofkungfu01907.jpg

Galan007
Hm, for some reason I don't think getting dropped off a 7 story building, or getting hit by an avalanche, would have harmed Hulk nearly as much as Zeus did...
stick out tongue

I dunno, I have no doubts that M-T could eventually regen from an encounter with Zeus... But w/o a swamp nearby I don't think it'd happen in a reasonable amount of time. Afaik, M-T has never encountered a being on Zeus' level, or regenerated from the type of damage that he would deliver, without the aid of a swamp. Could be wrong, though.

EDIT: Screw your edit(s). I ain't responding to them. pfft

inimalist
I dunno, I have no doubts that M-T could eventually regen from an encounter with Zeus... But w/o a swamp nearby I don't think it'd happen in a reasonable amount of time. Afaik, M-T has never encountered a being on Zeus' level, or regenerated from the type of damage that he would deliver, without the aid of a swamp. Could be wrong, though.

the only comparable fight would be against Thog, and its likely not a great example

I don't disagree, like I said, I was being a bit factitious, but going from the Zeus scans, he isn't doing anything that a seven story fall wouldn't.

What I mean is that the type of damage Zeus is doing wouldn't do much to MT. Same way you couldn't punch a being totally composed of energy.

for sure, there is no direct scan, but I don't see it as that large of a stretch

Galan007
It's possible. I was just curious, is all.

inimalist
no, totally, and I agree with you that it is quite a stretch smile

I'll tell you who can tank that beating: butterball, that's who

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.