Religious Marriage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
How much say should a church have over a person getting married?

where do you draw the line of questioning that a priest, counselor should not ask?

what is more important to you, Religious church marriage or Civil union?

Would you lie in order to get married in a church or by your religion?

Should a church have the authority to deny a marriage in the church?

would the prophet or founder of your particular religion approve of your church denying a person marriage with you or another person b/c they are not of the same faith?

b/c one of you are: Muslim, Christian, Hebrew, Buddhist, Catholic, Mormon, etc etc..

ADarksideJedi
How much say should a church have over a person getting married?I think it depends on what Religion the person is and if they attend church.

where do you draw the line of questioning that a priest, counselor should not ask?The part about if you and your soon to be husband are sleeping together.

what is more important to you, Religious church marriage or Civil union?I think Religious Church marriage is since me and my husband got married in a church.

Would you lie in order to get married in a church or by your religion?No need too

Should a church have the authority to deny a marriage in the church?Yea I think they should

would the prophet or founder of your particular religion approve of your church denying a person marriage with you or another person b/c they are not of the same faith?yes

b/c one of you are: Muslim, Christian, Hebrew, Buddhist, Catholic, Mormon, etc etc..We are both Catholic but we really don't attend church that offen which we should

Adam_PoE
OFkeKKszXTw

killamikeisback
i think that anyone should beable to get married no restrictions how can a man marry foir wives but a man and another man cant marry

Deja~vu
It's your life and your marriage, so do it your way.

killamikeisback
exactly

King Castle
Doesnt the bible simply say : "once you lay down with a woman you are married in the eyes of the lord?"

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by killamikeisback
i think that anyone should beable to get married no restrictions how can a man marry foir wives but a man and another man cant marry

It is against the law in most of the states for a man to have more then one wife and as for the man marrying another man thing I don't argee with that anyway.

King Castle
what is it of your business?

menokokoro
If they want to get married by their church official, I would say that the church has every right to say no.

ADarksideJedi
It is not I just don't think it should be ever a law.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by menokokoro
If they want to get married by their church official, I would say that the church has every right to say no. Sure, so why do you need a church? To please other people or yourself?

If you intend to dedicate your lives to god then just do it. You don't need some clergyman to do that. What does he have that you don't have? Just a building, but you can get your own or better yet, why need a building.

What about a ship
The ocean
The beach
A forest
A park

There are so many places that are better than the old ol places considered holy and only of god.

ADarksideJedi
You can pray in those places but the church is consider the house of God and people go there to mass to be closer to him.It has nothing to do with anyone else.

TacDavey
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Sure, so why do you need a church? To please other people or yourself?

If you intend to dedicate your lives to god then just do it. You don't need some clergyman to do that. What does he have that you don't have? Just a building, but you can get your own or better yet, why need a building.

What about a ship
The ocean
The beach
A forest
A park

There are so many places that are better than the old ol places considered holy and only of god.

I don't think anyone was implying that there are NO other places to get married. Simply that the church doesn't have to marry someone if they don't want to. This is assuming that the people in question actually want to get married in said church.

Deja~vu
If that is the case, then the church has full authority. You can try to compromise, but in the end, it's what the church thinks best.

TacDavey
Originally posted by Deja~vu
If that is the case, then the church has full authority. You can try to compromise, but in the end, it's what the church thinks best.

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.