VERY Amped Superman runs Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Sundipped Superman (1 week in the sun) with a GL Ring, Wonder Woman's bracers and Thor's hammer. He also is wearing Ultimate Magneto's helmet, which prevents telepathic attacks.

(before the fight, and before he sundips, Supes gets 1 month to train with his power ring, and one month to train with Thor's hammer).

Superman is not holding back at all.

He gets to fully refresh between each fight, gets to recharge his power ring, and gets a fresh week long sundip between each battle.

1. Drax with the power gem and WWH

2. Steel, Reactron, Metallo, and Iron Patriot

3. Green Arrow (with kryptonite arrows), Batman (with Kryptonite gloves), Iron Man in Thorbuster Armor, and Hal Jordan

4. Voided Out Sentry

5. Maxima, The Silver Surfer and Beta Ray Bill

6. Balder in the Destroyer Armor

7. Thanos

8. 8th Day Juggernaut

9. Superboy Prime

10. Insane Genis-Vell

11. Odin

12. Dark Phoenix

NO BFR in any fight.

Keep in mind the WW Bracers can completely block blasts from multiple skyfathers at once, and with Superman's speed, and the hammer's absorption powers, it will be really hard to hit Supes with any sort of energy blast.

PillarofOsiris
Ignoring everything else that is amping Superman here, if Superman sundips for a MINUTE, he's pretty much equal to Superboy Prime, and actually superior, considering he's more experienced and not a whiny emo b****. So everything from 9 and below is a curbstomp of epic proportions.

Brockalizer
He gets to #5 and is stopped. It doesn't matter how long he powers up in the Sun when you're facing an opponent that can drain you dry. Maxima and Bill are just a distraction to keep him occupied.

carver9
He stops at 1. Drax could solo...

No bfr... not a good idea

PillarofOsiris
Drain him dry? With the ring and the hammer?

JakeTheBank
If he gets to Odin, which is extremely debatable, he's phucked. Odin takes back Mjolnir and beats the tar out of him with it.

-Pr-
as skewed as that order is imo, he beats 1-5. once he knows the hammer absorbs energy, he's golden.

bar that, not sure.

7 or 8, I think

Uriel005
8th day should be higher up IMO w/ no bfr also Odin w/ no grungnir/destroyer armor is definitely not above 8th day juggs in a straight fight IMO.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by -Pr-
as skewed as that order is imo, he beats 1-5. once he knows the hammer absorbs energy, he's golden.

bar that, not sure.

I think people are underselling Superman in this thread. After a minute of sundipping, with no other amping Superman is easily a match for SBP. After a WEEK....plus the ring (with Superman's willpower), plus the bracers (which have blocked the combined attack of multiple skyfathers) (and imagine Superman's speed with those bracers) and the hammer.... and he gets to train with them....I mean he is easily getting to Odin. After that.... well... I'm not sure.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Drain him dry? With the ring and the hammer? The Ring wont be a problem if you alter the spectrum and the hammer is only good for absorbing incoming energy "blasts". Surfer draining him dry isn't an energy "blast" it would simply be surfer concentrating while the energy drains away from Superman.

Allankles
Surfer isn't draining him when he has a GL ring to prevent that kind of thing. Yeah, he'll be able to contain his energy by simple will power thanks to the ring. After a week in the Sun he'd absolutely wreck a lot of these guys

I think the Odin fight is where he starts having serious problems, but he gets past him thanks to his bracers and speed eventually. Odin would eliminate the Mjlonir factor.

So stops at 12.

Nihilist

Allankles
O yeah would Insane Genis Vell be above Odin? That would probably stop Supes rampage likely before he got to Odin.

PillarofOsiris
Didn't insane Genis-Vell stalemate King Thor? And King Thor < Odin. Although I have to admit, I'm not entirely familiar with Insane Genis-Vell outside of a couple of issues.

Eternal Idol
Green Arrow and Batman in #3.....

snicker

Nihilist
Didn't insane Genis-Vell stalemate King Thor? And King Thor < Odin. Although I have to admit, I'm not entirely familiar with Insane Genis-Vell outside of a couple of issues. That wasnt Insane Genis iirc, it was Photon Genis and he didnt stalemate King Thor.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Allankles
Surfer isn't draining him when he has a GL ring to prevent that kind of thing. Yeah, he'll be able to contain his energy by simple will power thanks to the ring. After a week in the Sun he'd absolutely wreck a lot of these guys

I think the Odin fight is where he starts having serious problems, but he gets past him thanks to his bracers and speed eventually. Odin would eliminate the Mjlonir factor. The ring's power is greatly diminished when attacked by specific energy spectrums, that's what made Sinestro such a threat.

So stops at 12.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Allankles

I think the Odin fight is where he starts having serious problems, but he gets past him thanks to his bracers and speed eventually. Odin would eliminate the Mjlonir factor.

So stops at 12.
The ring's power is greatly diminished when attacked by specific energy spectrums, that's what made Sinestro such a threat.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by keiththegreat

Sundipped Superman (1 week in the sun)

Superman is not holding back at all.

There's a lot of guys who aren't surviving these fights.

Brockalizer
It's already been established that when any lantern puts up a shield to protect himself it doesn't hold up very long when hit by a significantly powerful adversary. Beta Ray Bill was able to crack Galactus's helmet with his hammer so it stands to reason that the combined might of Bill, Surfer, and Maxima would be able to at least crack a shield formed from the ring, even if it was only temporary. Once the shield has been cracked Surfer just needs to fill it with the same radiation that is emitted by black Kryptonite before the shield has time to heal itself. Game over.

zeel
prolly gets to 5 he might make it to 7. surfer could drain him but supes levels of physical strength will make him so strong he could k.o. surfer in a hit or 2. I think he gets to 7 and then falls.

ares834
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Once the shield has been cracked Surfer just needs to fill it with the same radiation that is emitted by black Kryptonite before the shield has time to heal itself. Game over.
Because that is exactly what Surfer wants to do... lol. Now there are two Supermen that need to be taken down.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Nihilist
That wasnt Insane Genis iirc, it was Photon Genis and he didnt stalemate King Thor.

It was insane Genis.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
It was insane Genis. Really? did he have entropy backing him then aswell or am i getting it wrong.

-Pr-
The ring's power is greatly diminished when attacked by specific energy spectrums, that's what made Sinestro such a threat.

that might have been true in the past, but it isn't true at all currently.

PillarofOsiris
It's already been established that when any lantern puts up a shield to protect himself it doesn't hold up very long when hit by a significantly powerful adversary. Beta Ray Bill was able to crack Galactus's helmet with his hammer so it stands to reason that the combined might of Bill, Surfer, and Maxima would be able to at least crack a shield formed from the ring, even if it was only temporary. Once the shield has been cracked Surfer just needs to fill it with the same radiation that is emitted by black Kryptonite before the shield has time to heal itself. Game over.

Superman's willpower has been described as beyond a normal GL, also its not like Superman is going to stand there and let that happen. He is so much faster than BRB under normal circumstances that its not even funny, and now he's sundipping for a week. And he's not holding back. BRB and the SS aren't even surviving that fight. And how does the SS even know about Black Kryptonite in the first place? Superman also has more options than just the GL ring, Thor's hammer can make shields even an enraged Hulk can't crack.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by carver9
8th Day Juggernaout and No bfr... not a good idea I am with carver here, as soon as supes gets close enough he is getting his neck broken like a twig... smokin'

keiththegreat
He didn't snap Thor's neck like a twig, and Thor isn't even as strong or durable as normal Superman, nevermind Superman sundipped for a week, who is also amped by a GL ring, which amps strength and durability as well. (and yes I realize he was beating Thor).

FanBoy101
Originally posted by keiththegreat
He didn't snap Thor's neck like a twig, and Thor isn't even as strong or durable as normal Superman, nevermind Superman sundipped for a week, who is also amped by a GL ring, which amps strength and durability as well. (and yes I realize he was beating Thor). Thor was not even a challenge to him, he was bussy with other things, and Mjolnir was bouncing off him... laughing

8th Day Juggernaut >>Enchanted Uru/Adamantium>>>>Sun Dipped Superman durability... cool

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/8th%20Day/th_Thor_vol2-519-017-13.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/8th%20Day/th_Thor_vol2-519-017-15.jpg

from Thor " I Cannot Help But Wonder.. Where In All the World is Power Enough to Defeat The Undefeatable?"

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by FanBoy101

8th Day Juggernaut >>Enchanted Uru/Adamantium>>>>Sun Dipped Superman durability... cool

"

Well, Thor has broken secondary Adamantium, and crumbled uru with his fingers.

I don't think you understand quite how powerful sundipped Superman is. Regular Superman is physically stronger than Thor. That's not even up for debate. Sundipping for a minute makes Superman at least equal to, if not more powerful than SBP. A week would just make Superman ridiculously powerful. Sundipped Superman, with no other amping would KILL Juggernaut (8th day or otherwise).

And as stated earlier, the GL ring can further amp Superman's strength.

A week of sundipping, a GL ring, with Superman's willpower, and Thor's hammer, and not holding back, and I just feel sorry for Juggernaut in that fight.

And with Superman's speed....Now AMPED to ridiculous levels and I don't even see how Juggernaut lands a single blow if Superman doesn't want him to.

Black bolt z

I don't think you understand quite how powerful sundipped Superman is. Regular Superman is physically stronger than Thor. That's not even up for debate. Sundipping for a minute makes Superman at least equal to, if not more powerful than SBP. A week would just make Superman ridiculously powerful. Sundipped Superman, with no other amping would KILL Juggernaut (8th day or otherwise).
Oh its easily up for debate. No it would not make him that powerful. And no he wouldn't kill juggernaut.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris sundipped Superman is. Regular Superman is physically stronger than Thor. That's not even up for debate.

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris Sundipped Superman, with no other amping would KILL Juggernaut (8th day or otherwise). ... laughing

JakeTheBank
I'm pretty sure if Superman is stronger than Thor, it's by an incredibly minute degree and certainly not to the point where it's "not debatable". As far as Sundipped Supes being equal to Prime or stronger, do you have any way to prove that?

Allankles
After a brief Sundip Superman evolved into a destructive energy being powerful enough to tank Braniac 13's control of Imperiex entropy. This was a brief sundip, give him seven days and he'd be well beyond SBP.

If he can tank a being that has harnessed what supposed to be the ultimate destructive energies (energies capable of destroying and then restarting the universe), then guys like SBP after a week of Sun dipping would be crushed.

We have ever only seen him sun dip for a few minutes at the most (case in point OWAW) after a week of the same treatment he'd physically crash just about anything below Imperiex's entropy.

King Kandy
Didn't insane Genis-Vell stalemate King Thor? And King Thor < Odin. Although I have to admit, I'm not entirely familiar with Insane Genis-Vell outside of a couple of issues.
They fought, but imo it was way too short and inconclusive to really say who would have won if they'd continued.

PillarofOsiris

FanBoy101

PillarofOsiris
^ Very convincing argument.

FanBoy101
^ Very convincing argument.

Originally posted by FanBoy101
from Thor " I Cannot Help But Wonder.. Where In All the World is Power Enough to Defeat The Undefeatable?"

... smokin'

PillarofOsiris
Do you have anything other than hyperbole to back that up?

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by 753
7 or 8, I think

You think thanos has a chance against this much of an amped supes?

He loses to Odin

Originally posted by r0nm0n88
You think thanos has a chance against this much of an amped supes?

He loses to Odin thanos got a big uprgrade in the imperative run and is currently immortal, so if BFR is out and re cant replenish the sunamp, I can see him tiring him out. of course, there are ways to put him down for the count, which is why I said "or 8"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.