can't find 80s movie, writer in old house

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bheroniphr
Hi all!

First post, so thanks for any help :-)

I'm trying to find an old movie I saw back in the 80s about a writer who moves into an old house to get inspiration.

IIRC he's a horror writer and wants to spend the night there. The film is about that night. Not too a serious film and can't really remember if it's a suspense or a horror. Seem to recall no monsters or anything.

At some point there's a blonde actress who comes into the story, very long blonde hair, she's quite slim.

At the end, the twist is that the movie IS his finished novel. The final scene is him driopping his manuscript off at the publishers. He see's the secretary who is the double of the woman he's been imagining in his novel and he says "Do you believe in love at first sight?". They walk off arm in arm and fin.

Possible it's late 70s but more likely early 80s. The actress is one who was in a few B-movies around that time, I know I'd recognise her.

Can't remember too much about the actor, likely he wore a corduroy jacket.

Not much to go on is it! Any help would be amazing!

Sadako of Girth
Holy shit. At first I was gonna say "House", but the 'no monsters' might rule that out.....

bheroniphr
Yeah, it's none of the big ones:

Demon Seed
13 Ghosts
House

Also, IIRC he arrives at the house ALONE and is only joined after some time. The idea was for him to spend the night on his own.

Possible that something was buried in the grounds...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.